Brandon Lloyd a NE Patriot.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Brandon Lloyd a NE Patriot.

In Response to Re: Brandon Lloyd a NE Patriot.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brandon Lloyd a NE Patriot. : When will Joe Adams go, Round 3?
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Yeah probably

If he is still there with our 3rd rd pick he'd be a great pickup

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Landry is a smart player and I am not saying he will take a lot less but a little wouldn't suprise me. SO the Pats have a shot... and if he expects top money he isn't worth it as hurt as he has been. He would need a deal with incentives for me to get close to top money for him. But I think there is still a good shot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Good signing.

Now they can focus on the secondary and some DE/OLB help in the draft--though if that center from Wisconsin (Konz) slips down past the 20th pick it wouldn't kill me to see BB trade up a few spots from #27 to grab him. The rest of the O-line is solid and while I like Connolly, I'm not sure he's the long-term answer at center.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Landry is a smart player and I am not saying he will take a lot less but a little wouldn't suprise me. SO the Pats have a shot... and if he expects top money he isn't worth it as hurt as he has been. He would need a deal with incentives for me to get close to top money for him. But I think there is still a good shot.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

Landry almost held out his rook year because he wanted more money in his rook deal. It's clear he's after money if he won't consider an offer unless it meets his demands before going to other teams because he's searching for the highest offer. I don't blame him because he might never play again if that Achilles gets worse so might as well go for the cash. The Pats still have a shot but given the contracts given to the other former injured players are min value deals I don't think the Pats will pay as much as those other teams for Landry's service nor should they given that he is still a injured player, who's added considerable bulk during IR without knowing how it will affect his play, has had multiple injures limiting his games played over 2 years, and who's production last year was seriously affected by those injures

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

2012 Reception totals:

Welker - 102
    Gronk - 83
    Lloyd - 67
    Hernandez - 63
    Ocho - 36
    Branch - 34
    Gonzalez - 23
    Woodhead - 17
    Vareen - 12
    Benny/Ridley - 8

Like 430 receptions, most in Tom's career, breaks Brees record

Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brandon Lloyd a NE Patriot. : Lol late at night I meant McDaniels. Didn't help there was a McDonalds comercial on when I was typing. 
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

hhaha. I see. Hate when that subliminal stuff happens.

I seriously thought you had some inside info on that McDonlad slot WR guy giving Lloyd FA advice or something.  That guy who played with STL and then I think went on to Detroit later. Not even sure if he's still in the league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Eddie Royal in comparison got 3 years 13.5 million. Ouch brandon:-) What a good move for the Pats.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

Couldn't be happier! This guy will make big difference here. Teams already had nightmares on stopping our offense. Gronk , Welker , A.H. and Lloyd is an amazing rec. corp to have. Lloyd reminds me a little bit of what Ocho used to be. Someone who could do a little bit of everything. Work the sidelines , beat you on a post or double , great hands , good feet. Great deal as well. He def. took less in coming here.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]we now have an abundance of WR's. gonzales, endelman, welker, branch, ocho, lloyd, slater, underwood, hernandez (TE/WR)
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

my guess is that welker, lloyd and hernandez are surefire to stay with the team.

unless vereen is ready to return kicks or punts, it will be hard to let go of edelman (also can be the back up slot) and slater.

i'd like them to pick up one wr with any of the 2nd or 3rd rnd picks.

where does that leave underwood, branch, ocho and gonzales (can't return so he's not going to be more valuable than edelman)?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Seriously...THIS really, really, really, IS a game-changing signing.  I would want Brandon Lloyd's all-around repertoire of short-middle-deep outside flanker, and his size, hands, strength, and above ALL- willingness to go over the middle to deep middle, OVER Randy Moss...and No, I don't mean 2012 Randy Moss- I most assuredly mean: 2007 Randy Moss.  I do.  I really do.  And I don't care, b/c I'll take excellent quality with far greater options in varied skill-set deployed on the field WELL OVER & ABOVE: EXCEPTIONAL Quality with an infinitely reduced number of areas that the guy can be deployed successfully within.  I just, really would...  How can you choose otherwise in a game of strategy and adaptability of personell to counter the various & numerous oppositions's strategy against you?

Re-structure Ocho- IS Key.  You couldn't count on Branch's season-long health when he was young...and pretty much minus only last season alone, ya couldn't bank on the depths of your receiving corps successes On Branch's greater health for an entire season throughout the course of his entire pro career.  <Am I painting Deion Branch in a Terry Glenn-esque light here?  No freakin' way- the guy's a KEY cog w/ Brady...but purely in black-and-white terms of his health, is a seperate, and very real & concernable matter that NE has to account for />.

Brandon Lloyd-#1 WR <additional game-changing aspect to account for is the lesser learning curve, upon having the very same OC there...and here now />

OchoCinco & Branch- #2 Possession wideouts...  PERFECT place & situation to place them for their OWN successful usages, and a perfect situation for NE, pairing these 2 guys together so the entire positional output doesn't solely revolve around 1 guy WELL-immersed in knowledge of the system and QB, but with a wealth of constant season-shortening health issues, added to the facts of age & career wear + 1 more guy who suffered through learning a brand new and insanely complicated O-system for the very 1st time in his pro career, but whom- just like Branch, has made it (or can)- his paramount most successful current skill-set, of: Vet knowledge of reading Defense's, and the long-term playing knowledge of how to ideally set-up a given CB (as opposed to pure freakish wideout strength/athleticism), AND to run and know their NFL-esque (but in Ochoc's sake, NE'esque is still fully to be determined)-Route trees, like the backs of their hands.

Welker & Edelman- Never know how simply franchizing a star player looking to have his last & very big contractual payday of his career, actually affects their play.  Both guys with Injury concerns in the past, and even though each seems to be tough as nails, even the quickest & most shifty of these small guys playing the slot, CAN and DO- get just wrecked and blown up at times.

With Gronk and Hernandez- SCARY.  That 1 single signing simply takes so much weight off the shoulders of these other guys in terms of play options, over-reliance elsewhere, MUST-have types of performances (or the fall-off is devasting otherwise). 

Brandon lloyd might not be THE most freakish TOTAL game-changer, himself...
    But- 2012 NE Patriots WITH Brandon Lloyd, IS a totally freaksih game-changing signing for this team with his addition to our current receiving corp, en masse.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Gronk and Hernandez make the WR's very scary

Lloyd and Ocho are not '07 Moss and Stallworth, don't pretend you'd want them over those two... but with the TE's we have, the Lloys signing just made everything complete and impossible to defend

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Here's the preliminary roster, top 53. Just think we have 6 picks in the top 130.  Those picks will all make the 53 so 6 of the below have to go.

Ocho
    Underwood
    Polite
    Williams
    Brown
    Barrett

are some candidates.  I hear we're talking to Daniel Fells too.  He'd be an excellent #3 TE.  Really solid player.  I wonder if we are still thinking about Landry.  We're nearly out of cap space I think.

Current 51 Top Salaries 2012
    OFFENSE 26 Players
    Slot31 W Welker '1226 Edelman '12Gonzales '12
    WR31 B. Lloyd '1427 M Slater '14 
    LOT33 M Light '1223 N Solder '15 
    LG31 Mankins '16  
    C30 D. Connolly '1426 Wendell '1325 N. McDonald
    ROG35 B. Waters '1227 D Thomas '12 
    RT27 Vollmer '1224 M. Cannon '14 
    TE23 Gronkowski '1322 Hernandez '13 
    QB35 Tom Brady '1426 Hoyer '1224 Mallett '14
    RB23 S. Veeren '1426 Woodhead '12 
    23 S. Ridley '1430 L Polite '12 

WR 34 Ochocinco '1326 Underwood 

DEFENSE 24 Players
    DE 30 J Fanene '1426 Pryor '13 
    NT30 Wilfork '1425 R. Brace '12 
    DE25 Deaderick '1326 Love '12 
    OLB28 T Scott '1224 Cunningham '13 
    ILB26 Mayo '1625 Fletcher '12 24 J Tarpinian
    ILB25 B Spikes '1331 T White '14
    31 Koutouvides
    OLB29 Ninkovich '13  
    LCB23 Dowling '1423 S Moore '1222 M Williams
    RCB26 McCourty '1426 Arrington '12 
    SS25 Chung '1227 J Barrett '12 
    FS 29 S. Gregory '1424 S Brown '13

SPECIAL TEAMS 3
    PK28 Gostkowski '14  
    P25 Z. Mesko '13  
    LS24 D Aiken  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]I wasnt impressed with Barrett at all, if thats a start.Sergio Brown was another problem. These guys are not the game changers even for back-ups. This team needs a Saftey in the worse way. Again, I keep saying one that thinks, outsmarts the QB. I want a QB in the backfield. Harrison was smart, very smart. He could anticipate, and also bait the QB. Thats what I want.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Sergio Brown is a disaster, I've never seen a guy wiff so badly at jamming wide receivers. One time I saw him wiff so bad I thought BB must be teaching him some new technique or strategy...just let the guy run right by you at the line and get open 20 yards down the field.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

On paper, we have added to our offense, but really haven't done anything to address our pass rush.

I didn't think we really stood a chance at Williams, but I was really hoping we'd make a solid run at Abraham.

I'm sorry, but I still feel deflated overall with our free agent signings.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]On paper, we have added to our offense, but really haven't done anything to address our pass rush. I didn't think we really stood a chance at Williams, but I was really hoping we'd make a solid run at Abraham. I'm sorry, but I still feel deflated overall with our free agent signings.
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]

The draft

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Lloyd is a terrific addition for the Pats(outstanding route runner and very good on short,intermediate and long routes,great hands,smooth in and out of cuts to get separation and gives them some size at the position).The FS spot is open but in Gregory they have a very smart guy with good ball skils,in man coverage remember he was a corner and could still play it in nickle or dime,is a good hitter for size,has an excellent work ethic and even helps on special teams if neccesary.As someone said in an earlier post,he also reminds me of ex-Pats FS Wilson.He certainly isn't as flashy,big or as fast as Landry but he also is no where near as expensive,I believe he is better in man coverage and there isn't a serious question about his health.Whoever signs Landry had better do an extremely intesive medical exam as he opted against surgery for a bad achilles and be ready to spend a considerable number of dollars.If landry were a sure thing health-wise I'd be after him like a hungry dog after a bone simply for his athleticism but,and it is a big but,he isn't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from will71. Show will71's posts

[QUOTE]Nice! They have improved their roster and the draft is still a month away. Thanks to our outstanding General Manager the Patriots are going to be a better team. Too bad we all had to suffer through the 37-11 rebuilding years.
    Posted by 15315k[/QUOTE]

lol classic

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Gronk and Hernandez make the WR's very scary Lloyd and Ocho are not '07 Moss and Stallworth, don't pretend you'd want them over those two... but with the TE's we have, the Lloys signing just made everything complete and impossible to defend
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

for several years now, people here, including myself, have been saying the offense is unstoppable/impossible to defend - yet can's score more than in the teens in the playoffs. let's hope this changes that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

[QUOTE]On paper, we have added to our offense, but really haven't done anything to address our pass rush. I didn't think we really stood a chance at Williams, but I was really hoping we'd make a solid run at Abraham. I'm sorry, but I still feel deflated overall with our free agent signings.
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]

They have actually done very well in free agency. Mario was the prize pass rusher but his price was way too much, its not how the Patriots build their roster. Depth over one guy. The Patriots were 14th in the league in sacks last year and one sack away from being in the top ten. They had more sacks than both the Steelers and the Jets. One never knows what Belichick is going to do in the draft but he certainly has the picks to continue to improve the pass rush. Both Scott and Fanene can get after the Quarterback and most likely they bring back Carter too. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's pretty cool he wanted to come here.  Speaks volumes. With Ochocinco taking a cut and being healthier than Branch, I look forward to Brady not throwing INTS on 1st downs in the playoffs.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

That one time that that happened??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Very nice. LLoyd adds a new aspect to this offense and he should help clear up the middle for Wes, Gronk, and Hernandez a little bit more.

People say he only had one good year. I must disagree slightly with this. Last year, he was caught in a bad situation with STL and their injuries at QB. The fact that he still managed to gather 966 yards in 15 (yes 15 not 16) games is pretty nice IMO.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

Some of the ESPN  fan's comments sites regarding the Lloyd signing are laughable. The Patriots have to be one of, if not the most envied and hated team in pro sports. 

Looks like this will be yet another long and frustrating year for Patriots hater's nationwide.