Brandon Lloyd ... now i get it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Brandon Lloyd ... now i get it

The drop was goofy but those smooth catches with 5 yards of separation ... Nice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Brandon Lloyd ... now i get it

That one diving catch showed everything we've been hearing about all preseason. How he tapped that one two in as he made the catch was something unbelievible. I think this is what we can expect from him all season. Not Moss numbers but he's going to make some highlight film catches where oppossing D's are going to have to take notice and start to drift outside the numbers to protect the edge. If Ridley can keep it up oh he's going to get a lot of PA plays where he'll have room to run

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That one diving catch showed everything we've been hearing about all preseason. How he tapped that one two in as he made the catch was something unbelievible. I think this is what we can expect from him all season. Not Moss numbers but he's going to make some highlight film catches where oppossing D's are going to have to take notice and start to drift outside the numbers to protect the edge. If Ridley can keep it up oh he's going to get a lot of PA plays where he'll have room to run

[/QUOTE]

Really liked that catch.  the footwork , but also how he held the ball in his hands and landed ball-first while squeezing it tight .  Hands like that are rare and will be fun to watch this year.

The book on him was body control...  Yup. Got that. Now let's see some deep balls , since he's the primary  field stretcher on this team ...

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Over-all he played well but if I had to nit-pick, it appeared that a few times (not the great side-line catch), he just stepped out of bounds instead of extending the play with YAC.
    Thought he had room to run on some of those.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

.  If that ball is on his left hip with more air under it, leading him into the end zone, it's a TD. Instead, he tried to adjust and spin to catch it because it was on the wrong side.

Oh rusty, stop it.

If lloyd had not turned around and stopped running that pass would have dropped right into his hands, that non catch is on lloyd, Brady led him perfectly, there was no reason to stop turn and try and make a jumping catch .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

The drop?  Why is Brady missing the right shoulder to throw to? You people are amazing. That was no different than Welker missing his catch in the SB with this one just being 20 more yards downfield.

How about Brady not miss wide open people downfield?  His accuracy is not very good past 20-25 yards. Just admit it and stop putting it on people who are new on the team or don't have SB rings.  So annoying.  If that ball is on his left hip with more air under it, leading him into the end zone, it's a TD. Instead, he tried to adjust and spin to catch it because it was on the wrong side. Should have played Willie Mays better and not turned around? Yeah. But, it starts with Brady missing an easy throw and TD.

Lloyd was wide open due to Brady under center early in the game and Lloyd being targeted as well.  Brady needs to work on trajectory of the ball past 25 yards. It's that simple.

Lloyd is like Moss and Branch.  He has the hands of Branch fused with the athleticism of Moss, so he's a perfect hybrid for what this offense commands.  Good start with each he and Brady's relationship here.

Seek help Rusty

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Agree with ChasaB ^^ Lloyd just turned the wrong way initially. WW should have caught the super bowl catch and this throw was on Lloyd.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

The drop?  Why is Brady missing the right shoulder to throw to? You people are amazing. That was no different than Welker missing his catch in the SB with this one just being 20 more yards downfield.

How about Brady not miss wide open people downfield?  His accuracy is not very good past 20-25 yards. Just admit it and stop putting it on people who are new on the team or don't have SB rings.  So annoying.  If that ball is on his left hip with more air under it, leading him into the end zone, it's a TD. Instead, he tried to adjust and spin to catch it because it was on the wrong side. Should have played Willie Mays better and not turned around? Yeah. But, it starts with Brady missing an easy throw and TD.

Lloyd was wide open due to Brady under center early in the game and Lloyd being targeted as well.  Brady needs to work on trajectory of the ball past 25 yards. It's that simple.

Lloyd is like Moss and Branch.  He has the hands of Branch fused with the athleticism of Moss, so he's a perfect hybrid for what this offense commands.  Good start with each he and Brady's relationship here.

I agree Brady is only fair when throwing 25 yards or more downfield. And for that matter when he throws while running.

But that first miss on the deep throw to Lloyd should have been an easy catch for Lloyd. He just totally choked. You can say all you want about the throw but there was no defender and Lloyd had time and room to get to the ball. Big time choke by Lloyd.

After that Lloyd was exceptional. He is good and is going to be hugely impactful.

I do not think he is a blend of Moss and Welker. I get what you are saying but Moss was not acrobatic - he was fast and could make amazing catches with his fingers. Lloyd is actually acrobatic. A better comparison might be Lynn Swann.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

LOL @ drop was Brady's fault.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I agree with babe.

Yep, it happened.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Still not sure what made him (stop) running. That catch will happen between Brady & Lloyd more times than not. I chaulk it up to first game wrinkles....Lloyd was excellent after that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree with babe.

Yep, it happened.

[/QUOTE]

You aren't the only one, now I feel dirty  >.<

But honestly it was a misque on both parts from not playing enough together yet.

Lloyd is use to QB's underthrowing the ball and having to come back or slow down for it. Thats the reason he slowed up before turning to back pedal. Lloyd also appeared nervous about his first look and wanted to make the safe play, turning your back to the goal line to get the best view of the ball and catch it into your body. This would have been fine but before backpedaling he slowed up. If he took one extra normal step instead of slowing up before turning to back pedal Bradys pass would have hit him in the chest and sent him on his butt for a first and goal situation

Brady is use to overthrowing his receivers so they catch it in stride or out in front of them. He too was playing it safe throwing it to a point where only Lloyd could have gotten it which is the right play

BTW to those who don't know the perfect pass is between the hips and neck line. If a ball goes over the head it's refered to as overthrowing which doesn't always mean it was a bad pass as you can hit a player in stride in this mannor and if thrown below the hips it's underthrowing again depending on if the QB put it there on purpose doesn't always mean a bad pass either.

In the end Brady throw a perfect ball for what he's use to with his receivers (if Lloyd kept on running or even if Lloyd didn't slow up before turning to back pedal) and Lloyd ran a perfect route for what he's use to catching (a bit underthrown where he doesn't usually catch it in stride). Both will get on the same page quickly and that will be something to watch

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I agree with babe.

Yep, it happened.

No need to be insulting.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

I agree with babe.

Yep, it happened.

No need to be insulting.

[/QUOTE]

It's a joke Babe, no intent for insult. I apologize if I offended. Just saying as we normally disagree on the O it feels unusual to agree on something

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

The drop was my fault, I yelled TOUCHDOWN before he caught it and I caused him to loss a bit of concentration.  My bad I won’t be screaming anymore from Atlanta unless they are in the west coast.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

[QUOTE]The drop?  Why is Brady missing the right shoulder to throw to? You people are amazing. /QUOTE]

Lloyd misread the arc of the ball. It was as simple as that. If he had kept running it was 6.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

You are the king of the insult...and weak insults at that. In your 1st few posts after being banned for insulting people, you were calling me an "imbecile" and a "chump". Why don't you go start another thread about how Patriot fans are racist, and BB inherited his SB rosters.

Continue trolling.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

good to see DelGriffith is still ruining threads around here, see y'all next time Rusty is banned again

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

OK this requires in-depth analysis ... Trust me I'm qualified .  the ball is thrown to an area that the wr is heading into... Interesting that Willie Mays was mentioned .  WR must judge, then track down deep ball like an outfielder.  Good ones do. Jerry rice was the best and he made Montana better by catching every ball standing up maintaining his balance. Troy brown also great at this.

Lloyd attempted to judge and adjust to the pass and he misjudged it and it went over his head.  Still hit him squarely in the hands...

delgriff... All passes are not perfect nor should they be.  When was the last time you threw a football 40 yards in the air?  Wr s job is to catch everything within their reach period.

there may have been some wind since Welker also misjudged a perfect Brady pass that hit him in the face.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Rusty not sure why you are here bashing TB the day after your QB had such a great day.  Shouldn't you be on the JEST board celebrating you undefeated record and proclaiming your team as the team to beat this year?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Let me get this straight, its Brady's fault because his receiver, clearly, slowed down on his route and the ball went, just barely, over his head. Last time a checked QB's lead the receiver down field with the throw, he is not supposed to throw it short so the receiver can slow down to get it. Yeah Brady had a few low throws during the game, but there is no way that deep throw to Lloyd was his fault.

Also how does Brady have bad accuracy downfield yet with Moss he set some of the hardest offensive records to surpass and constantly went downfield?

I bet you will never see Lloyd slow down on a deep Brady pass ever again, I think he forgot Brayd was throwing to him and not Bradford anymore...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

There should be a thread applauding Hernandez for the ankle grab on the low brady throw. The Loyd one I blame on Loyd. Its the first game and IMHO Brady throws low the first few games of the season. Now with a broken nose lets see if he can step into the ball hard.