Brandon Lloyd on trading block

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Brandon Lloyd on trading block

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/13/broncos-puts-brandon-lloyd-on-the-trading-block/

Love the salary numbers although I highly doubt this happens. Then again, who really knows?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Re: Brandon Lloyd on trading block

He can make the spectacular grab, no doubt...I just think if the coaching staff thinks Price will ever contribute, adding another WR to the logjam would be the wrong course of action.  The relative lack of a 'deep threat' outside worries me from time to time, but I think that's a 1st world problem so to speak, the offense is just fine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

And he will be looking for a big contract after this season in Free Agency!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Rent him, Rocky.

This all depends on what the staff thinks of Price.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

You look at his numbers and have to feel bad.. his entire career was almost wasted as teams did not use his skill set properly. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

ehh, is the lack of a deep threat truly a problem? Truly? In our only loss this season, was the lack of a deep threat the issue?

Brady has been throwing it deep to guys who have gotten some seperation or enough to make the catch if the throw was on target. Brady has missed a ton of these throws, numerous to Hernandez and some to Welker that had me screaming at the TV.

We can go deep, Brady just needs to deliver.

If they make a trade, it might be for a veteran defender.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

why win now when you could come up short for the rest of Brady's prime, save those precious picks, and then trade down for free and draft college benchwarmers?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Lloyd on trading block:
    [QUOTE]ehh, is the lack of a deep threat truly a problem? Truly? In our only loss this season, was the lack of a deep threat the issue? Brady has been throwing it deep to guys who have gotten some seperation or enough to make the catch if the throw was on target. Brady has missed a ton of these throws, numerous to Hernandez and some to Welker that had me screaming at the TV. We can go deep, Brady just needs to deliver. If they make a trade, it might be for a veteran defender.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

In the only loss, though, you really saw a freak occurance. Not a trend. Well, the defense having some trouble trends somewhat ... but the offense turned the ball over like seven times all last season. 

I think a deep threat, however, would have been very useful in the playoffs and against elite defenses. It would improve the running game and passing game by clearing space out. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

[QUOTE]ehh, is the lack of a deep threat truly a problem? Truly? In our only loss this season, was the lack of a deep threat the issue? Brady has been throwing it deep to guys who have gotten some seperation or enough to make the catch if the throw was on target. Brady has missed a ton of these throws, numerous to Hernandez and some to Welker that had me screaming at the TV. We can go deep, Brady just needs to deliver. If they make a trade, it might be for a veteran defender.
    AMEN brother!!! I've been saying this for years....how many times did he miss Moss??? Anything over 20 yards and it's 50/50 with Brady. Must be that BB feels the same, so why bother going after a deep "threat" big money player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

It is believed that Broncos are looking for anything between a 3rd round and 5th round pick for this guy. I'd be willing to give the Broncos a 4th rounder for Lloyd. He is an excellent receiver, has great ball skills and good body control.

I'm not sure but he might be a good route runner too. Again, not sure on that one.

Would be an improvement over Ochocinco no doubt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Id rent him for the year. The guy can play no doubt and we do need someone that can stretch the defense. The only people we have now as a deep threat is Hern or Gronk running the seem. Lloyd is a playmaker , he also would add some depth. I mean if i hear another person mention Price Im going to be sick. Enough about him already. Until he is actually in uniform , on the field , making plays I dont want to hear another thing about him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

Brady has always been suspect on deep balls.  I don't agree with him missing Moss a lot though.  But he certainly missed him on what would have been the greatest play in SB history. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Not entirely sure what acquiring Lloyd would accomplish.  Brady's got plenty of targets as it is. 

The deep ball is a low percentage play.  Last time I checked this team was putting up some pretty impressive O numbers as it is. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from YAMATO. Show YAMATO's posts

Not going to happen. There is not doubt Lloyd is a great player, but the Patriot offense is very complex. I doubt he could pick it up overnight and be effective. Branch is the exception, but only because he was in this offense before and had /has a connection with Brady. I see Slater as the deep threat and don't give up on 85 just yet. The bye week is coming and the team will make the necessary adjustments for the rest of the season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

according to espn they are looking for a 3rd,4th or 5th round pick. for a 5th i would have to think about it. but since we currently don't have any lower round picks i would say no.

just curious say hypothetically we pick him up for a 5th and then he walks next year as a FA and gets a huge contract, could we gain a 3rd round compensatory pick for it? i know the compensatory pick system is based on the players salary who left.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

The guy was a scube his whole career. He had one fluke good year last year  because all Josh Daniels did was throw the ball. He'll go to a team that needs him like the Titans who lost Britt.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Ok, how many reg games in a row have we scored 30+ without a deep threat.

Has Hern not drawn double coverage with a safety (the top) when he's gone long?

Have we not learned by now that a more balanced O is better for everyone then big plays with a deep receiver? (interesting stat we are 56-1 since Brady took over the team when the Pats ran the ball more then pass)

If we add Lloyd are we not taking looks away from Gronk, Hern, Welker, Branch?

Sigh... Lloyd is a great talent but the Pats O has actually been functioning better and more deadly when they don't have to force the ball to a deep threat and have a more balanced O. A healthy mix of run, high % passes and the occasional deep pass not only improves the O more then having that #1 deep threat going for more big plays but it helps the D by controlling the ToP instead of 3 and outs with 2 incomplete deep passes or quick scores verses 5 min scoring drives.

I'd rather keep the pick and continue to develop the O to resemble something closer to the 03' and 04' O's then the 07' O

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]according to espn they are looking for a 3rd,4th or 5th round pick. for a 5th i would have to think about it. but since we currently don't have any lower round picks i would say no. just curious say hypothetically we pick him up for a 5th and then he walks next year as a FA and gets a huge contract, could we gain a 3rd round compensatory pick for it? i know the compensatory pick system is based on the players salary who left.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

Nate I'm not sure so don't quote me on it but I don't think you can get a comp pick for a player you traded for during the season. Baseball is the only sport I know that you can get extra picks for picking up players part way through the year. Then again baseball has a bazillion rounds in their draft and since players contracts are guarantied it's provides incentive for large teams to take bad contacts for smaller teams in order to get picks

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

i'd hate to suffer yet another playoff choke job because bb was too chincy to trade a 4th rounder for the deep threat we were also missing against the Jets last year. brady is the best player in the game. give him all the weapons he wants. cut ocho, who provides no unique ability to this team, and is a choking mans branch. and if hes choking now, you want to bet your playoff hopes on ocho? dummmmb

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

You're absolutely right on this point. Brady could go deep to Moss because Moss(When he felt like it) Could run under anything and come down with the ball. They've had opportunities but Brady has overthrown a ton of deep balls this year. I'm not sure we need though either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]Brady has always been suspect on deep balls.  I don't agree with him missing Moss a lot though.  But he certainly missed him on what would have been the greatest play in SB history. 
    Posted by NonChalant1[/QUOTE]

Yeah, let's get rid of him, he's just terrible.  Maybe we can Mark Sanchez?

Come on, Brady hits his share of long throws.  PATS fans just don't seem to get it.  What are you all so afaid of?  Tom Brady is going into the hall of fame ON ROLLER SKATES.  Stop with this foolishness.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brandon Lloyd on trading block : You're absolutely right on this point. Brady could go deep to Moss because Moss(When he felt like it) Could run under anything and come down with the ball. They've had opportunities but Brady has overthrown a ton of deep balls this year. I'm not sure we need though either.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

Maybe those receivers should have done what Moss did?  As someone else said, the bomb is really a low percentage play but as the fans want a marquee running back instead of Green Ellis, they also want the thrill of the deep reception, rather than the precision of a balanced offense.  I guess its just too boring.  What do the PATS have to do, go back and have a 1 & 15 season, so you can all remember what that feels like. I remember what they feels like and it ain't good, so I am content with what we have had since 2001, which has been a feast of winning.  We feel good when we win and frankly we feel good a lot. However, let's bring this guy in and throw long to him on every play and see how that works out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The Pats didn't lose in the playoffs last year because they lacked a deep threat; they lost because of inconsistent play on both sides of the ball and uncharacteristic mistakes at critical points on the field.

I absolutely love reading these posts criticizing BB for not going after the flavor of the month. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I heard our old buddy Jim Miller and Adam Shine suggest the Pats cut Ocho who they both said has done absolutely nothing of importance in this offense, and trade for Lloyd.

I am not as down on Ocho as these guys are and Lloyd had a career year in Mcd's offense last year but I don't think there is a need for another receiver.

Rather trade for a DE or safety if we make a move at all.