Brandon Lloyd rejects Patriots and other teams offers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Brandon Lloyd rejects Patriots and other teams offers

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Funny how an area of perceived strength becomes a klusterfcuk after just one game. Looks like all the CAP space isn't doing chit to help.  I guess that not spending simply equals being cheap and putting the money back in the owners pocket.

The position has been very iffy since Randy left, and before he got here, actually.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

He is gonna rap now. I heard a song, it wasnt bad. Good for him. I asked last week why would he come back after they trashed him on the way out about a serious disorder and we are desperate now?  He is most likely laughing. BB better be lucky he doesnt end up on a "hit em up" diss track!  I applaud him leaving the game because every team bashed him him on the way out yet we allow punks like Suh to stay in the league and try to hurt people. THE NFL just takes money back. Why not suspend him and really hurt his pockets?

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

Agree. This is why you never burn a bridge. It seems like players are treated like cattle. I am not saying its a pats organization thing alone, probably the nfl in general. and they have a code phrase for it...."its just business." 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

This should show you how concerned the really are about the WRs. If they opted for a completely rebuilt WR core this offseason and now are turning to a player they didn't want for locker room issues. If they turn to Randy we know this team is done at that point. Might as well resign Tebow and people from the 200 sections at that point

There's two guys you are off the mark on.

[/QUOTE]

You're right, that's an insult to the people in the 200's at least they provide something to the team at this point (money to pay salaries)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

[QUOTE]

He is gonna rap now. I heard a song, it wasnt bad. Good for him. I asked last week why would he come back after they trashed him on the way out about a serious disorder and we are desperate now?  He is most likely laughing. BB better be lucky he doesnt end up on a "hit em up" diss track!  I applaud him leaving the game because every team bashed him him on the way out yet we allow punks like Suh to stay in the league and try to hurt people. THE NFL just takes money back. Why not suspend him and really hurt his pockets?

Agree. This is why you never burn a bridge. It seems like players are treated like cattle. I am not saying its a pats organization thing alone, probably the nfl in general. and they have a code phrase for it...."its just business." 

[/QUOTE]

When cattle get paid what Lloyd has earned in his career I'd agree. They get paid very well to be treated like cattle, better than any of us will see so I'm not sure I can feel all that bad for people who could have chosen to work anywhere else but instead made millions in the process

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I am almost to the point of calling for Slater to line up on offense.  Wow!! Never thought I would say that.......EVER! 

Is that Underwood kid still playing for the Bucs or is he available? Just kidding!

Or am I?

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I am almost to the point of calling for Slater to line up on offense.  Wow!! Never thought I would say that.......EVER! 

Is that Underwood kid still playing for the Bucs or is he available? Just kidding!

Or am I?

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

Lat's call Deion Branch and bring back the kid Sims!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When cattle get paid what Lloyd has earned in his career I'd agree. They get paid very well to be treated like cattle, better than any of us will see so I'm not sure I can feel all that bad for people who could have chosen to work anywhere else but instead made millions in the process

[/QUOTE]

Okay, so they are Kobe beef. I get your point. Yes, they make millions but at the same time are expendable like the rest of us. I don't feel sorry for them for earning what they earn. I was looking at it in the context of their world, not ours.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Okay, so they are Kobe beef. I get your point. Yes, they make millions but at the same time are expendable like the rest of us. I don't feel sorry for them for earning what they earn. I was looking at it in the context of their world, not ours.

But in that context who isn't cattle? Even CEO's have to answer to stock holders and are just as expendable. It seems the only one's that aren't expandable are politicians and that's only because they make laws against making themselves expendable

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The wide receivers are going to be fine, I can't believe you all really thought a group of rookies weren't going to look nervous in their first NFL game or that they would look like wily old vets? You guys keep talking about Lloyd smoking weed, it looks like you guys are prime candidates for people who need to.  

Chill out, have some faith...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I agree the rookies will be fine...and I am still saying at the end of the year Dobson, Boyce will be ahead of Thompkins on the depth chart.

I am also hearing that Lloyd was #2 on the phone call for WR's...Branch was #1, and he was not ready. The Lloyd issue is also one of $$'s...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Okay, so they sign Lloyd to a three year, $20M deal (plus), his YAC was a joke but he caught 74 balls for over 900 yards. They cut him the following year creating $3.5M in dead money and instead field the Injury Guy, the ST Guy and a bunch of guys who have never played a down in the NFL while sitting on $14M in cap space.

To me, that seems like something my little sister would do.  Can someone explain how this is the work of the Greatest GM of All Time?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Incognitacious' comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Okay, so they sign Lloyd to a three year, $20M deal (plus), his YAC was a joke but he caught 74 balls for over 900 yards. They cut him the following year creating $3.5M in dead money and instead field the Injury Guy, the ST Guy and a bunch of guys who have never played a down in the NFL while sitting on $14M in cap space.

To me, that seems like something my little sister would do.  Can someone explain how this is the work of the Greatest GM of All Time?

You're STILL trying to bait Rusty? Man, you are a sick, degnerate STALKER...get some help...you are dangerous

[/QUOTE]

why is that question baiting anyone? isnt that a legitimate question?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I dont know , to me its almost as if the Pats werent prepared for life without Amendola. As if they didnt think he would be hurt or maybe not this soon. Lloyd should not have been contacted last week or whatever. He should have never left or been brought back for insurance as soon as Wes left.  They resigned Ocho back after his horrible year and then released him.  We are just left scratching our heads. Seems like bad planning and its not hindsight as we all said it months ago.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You're STILL trying to bait Rusty? Man, you are a sick, degnerate STALKER...get some help...you are dangerous

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay so here is a legitimate question... what team is the 74 catch 900 yard reciever playing for?  The other 31 GM's must be as daft as BB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Okay so here is a legitimate question... what team is the 74 catch 900 yard reciever playing for?  The other 31 GM's must be as daft as BB.

I think the report said that 6 other teams showed interest in him. I believe it was a case where he would have played this year for the Pats BUT they cut him and didnt want him and we heard about his locker room gaffes. Now dont you think at some point it gets tiring going from team to team every year?? From what I know, I feel bad for him.  Not from a financial standpoint. He probably thought that after playing 2 years in Denver and Josh bringing him to St.Louis, he had some trust there. So Joshy gets him to NE on a 3 year deal for a cheap contract(E.Royal got more $$$) which he would have probably retired a Pat. Then he has a decent year and is shown the door AGAIN!?!?  I mean I could see if Joshy wasnt there, but HOW/WHY did Joshy bother bringing him in if he kNEW how he was and WHY didnt he inform BB?? I just think he was frustrated with the idea of moving again and said forget football and here come the Pats all desperate calling him back in week 1 after he most likely stopped working out?? I would have save F YOu too!  This Sh*t is really getting old with the bad personell decisions IMO. That was just Dumb!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Doesn't your 2 question make NAS's point? If we are turning to that guy for help who they didn't want back despite those numbers then weren't we ill prepared at the position entering the season knowing Amendola was injury prone? Wouldn't a little of that $13.5mil available be better used to sure up a position that's is so concerned about at this point they are willing to turn to that type of guy?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

Doesn't your 2 question make NAS's point? If we are turning to that guy for help who they didn't want back despite those numbers then weren't we ill prepared at the position entering the season knowing Amendola was injury prone? Wouldn't a little of that $13.5mil available be better used to sure up a position that's is so concerned about at this point they are willing to turn to that type of guy?

[/QUOTE]

All 32 teams passed on this guy. There is something wrong with him, be it attitude or something else nobody is talking about. His sarcastic claim was how is this the work of the greatest GM of all time? Well if 31 other teams passed on this guy then how would BB be a genius by keeping him?

OG, i read that also. That was recently supposedly. If thereport is true how come not one single team made him an offer prior to a couple of weeks ago?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All 32 teams passed on this guy. There is something wrong with him, be it attitude or something else nobody is talking about. His sarcastic claim was how is this the work of the greatest GM of all time? Well if 31 other teams passed on this guy then how would BB be a genius by keeping him?

OG, i read that also. That was recently supposedly. If thereport is true how come not one single team made him an offer prior to a couple of weeks ago?

[/QUOTE]

Because they tried to pick him back up. So it's obvious they wanted him back because they are not happy with the position at this time. So if they did what they wanted and actually got him back it would cost them more than if they just kept him to begin with. Actually the genius point would be if BB realized both Amendola and Edelman were injury prone and chances were they'd both at some point miss games so he should offer Sanders a bit more to make sure Pitt didn't match. But since that didn't happen and they didn't get another durable vet WR the next smartest thing would be just to keep Lloyd until you knew what you had in the rooks instead of cutting him, eating the money, and trying to bring him back after the fact

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Look, I dont claim to know what happens behinds the scene. I am only going by the report. Everything Ive read said the Pats Recently reached out and the report includes other teams so to me isnt the burden of proof on YOU to prove that other teams didnt want him?

Like I said, I think he got tired of switching teams. He thought with Josh here KNOWING All about him it must have been ok and he signed for 3 years and was ousted after 1 even tho we are in trouble??  Anyway you slice it, it was bad planning if you ask me, but its water under the bridge. It doesnt matter. We have what we have now. Im not a big "why didnt we use the cap" guy. I dont care if there is $ left or not. This guy was already signed to a cheap deal and they cut him leaving dead money and than wanted him back in week 1 after DA gets hurt. This is what i read. If so, thats bad. Like havent they looked at DAs injury history and WHY would you put so much faith in Danny coming from the same program and offense that LLoyd came from?? IF Joshys recomendation on LLoyd was bad, why did they put everything into DA who played in the same offense? You telling me they cut LLoyd cuz he was weird??!!? Despite his production but extended a sociopath  mass murderer!??!  LOL  , Im gonna leave it at that. Im trying to be positive about the year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because they tried to pick him back up. So it's obvious they wanted him back because they are not happy with the position at this time. So if they did what they wanted and actually got him back it would cost them more than if they just kept him to begin with. Actually the genius point would be if BB realized both Amendola and Edelman were injury prone and chances were they'd both at some point miss games so he should offer Sanders a bit more to make sure Pitt didn't match. But since that didn't happen and they didn't get another durable vet WR the next smartest thing would be just to keep Lloyd until you knew what you had in the rooks instead of cutting him, eating the money, and trying to bring him back after the fact

[/QUOTE]

Confirmed or not they didn't want him and 31 other teams didn't want him when they were building their teams. Is the report true? could be the 6 teams reportedly who contacted his agent all had injuries to their wideouts and it also only said they were gauging his inetrest.

As far as Edelman and DA go what plays out over the course of the year will decide if it was a good decision by BB to go in the direction he did with his recieving group.

Love to stay and debate this topic but got to go run some chores for tailgating.

GO PAT'S