Brandon Lloyd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

Brandon Lloyd

I am not much of a Brandon Lloyd fan after last season, but we don't have a solid veteran WR from last years team on this years team.  Brandon Lloyd is still a free-agent and should be signed by the Patriots for veteran WR leadership.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosfanVA. Show bosfanVA's posts

Re: Brandon Lloyd

He would be a welcome addition at this point. Until the younger guys learn TB and the offense, Lloyds presence would fit in nicely. He may have some locker room issues but probably understands that the team will not tolerate it anymore. He wants to be here and we need him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I would say he didn't have the big game busting impact we might have wished for but Lloyd had a very solid season last year. I think they should bring him back. Certainly did not see any signs of a problem player out on the field.  If he was in ther locker room then it was kept very hush hush. 

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

he wasn't a good fit in the system, he works best with scrambling QB's where plays take an extra 2-3 seconds to develop and he can get out off position to get open. Otherwise he is a check down WR, something we don't need. Speed has diminished a lot since his big year about 3 years ago. Le. The rookies play, people say we can't develop good WR but Brady had no problem grooming rookie TE's, so I think the big 6'3" Dobson should fit nicely with us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Patriots will struggle at times in the passing game with the young guys, but in the long run it will be better to develope these guys before Brady retires into the sunset. No better teacher than Tom as to where a WR should be during all phases of their routes or assignments. With Gronk expected back in plenty of time to assume his normal position in the pecking order of TB's binkies, let the competition begin and see who has the staying power beyond option 1 and 2, assuming Amendola will be in the #1 position, and until Gronk returns Jenkins will be in the #2 position, that would leave the competition between all the young guys as to is #3 and #4 and then the guy who gets the gunners position on ST's.We all know that the TE position of #1 will be Ballard if Gronk misses a game or 2, so that leaves Hooman and Fells along with Sudfeld fighting it out for reps in the temporary #2 TE position. By training the young guys now you accomplish the future with a great QB and then allow them to pass the torch to the next QB of the New England Patriots.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

I think we will see potentially salas, lloyd, or the cheifs TE moeaki added after training camp.

with enough thrust, pigs fly just fine!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The 4th play of last season sums up Lloyd's Patriot career.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

C'mon, that's not fair.  It wasn't the greatest pass to begin with.  I think last season was a very good first season to build off of.  Would like to see him back especially after seeing the current depth chart.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Must be some severe, lingering locker room character issues and conflict, and bad chemistry between Lloyd and Brady, otherwise he would be on the roster by now.  

If Dobson doesn't shine in camp, BB and TB may have to bite the bullet and have a serious talk with Lloyd.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

C'mon, that's not fair.  It wasn't the greatest pass to begin with.  I think last season was a very good first season to build off of.  Would like to see him back especially after seeing the current depth chart.

[/QUOTE]

Come on Lloyd jusst misread the ball and slowed down, then clearly used all his willpower to try and get to it. After that point it was clear the chemistry never really developed.

Its time to move on, the Pats are getting younger and if any ex WR is co,ing back it will be Branch late in the year or if there is an injury.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Lloyd ran the same routes as Moss last season, started all 16 games while Randy started only 2 and still only managed to get 500 yards more than Randy and 1 more TD. 

For what Lloyd would ask for, the Pats are better off going after Randy. At least Randy has a good relationship with Tommy and BB. Plus, the last thing the rookies need is an introverted veteran with schizophrenia. Moss has always been a teacher in New England.

There are 32 reasons not to throw the deep ball against the New England Patriots this season, they all end in "Because Devin McCourty will INT it".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Must be some severe, lingering locker room character issues and conflict, and bad chemistry between Lloyd and Brady, otherwise he would be on the roster by now.  

If Dobson doesn't shine in camp, BB and TB may have to bite the bullet and have a serious talk with Lloyd.

Yeah I agree - really I thought he was a pretty decent player for us (nothing special, but solid enough). They are going to have to do something most likely, it's asking a lot to have two rookies come in and carry the passing game. If Hernandez was around I think it would be different, but with Gronk's back, Amendola's injury history, and Edelman's injury history we are going to need some experience.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

This guy is not coming back and if you noticed how many teams have been chasing him?  He is trouble and they do not need him . . . Molasses Mike blocks better than Lloyd and he will catch at least 40 balls from Tom this season and will give Dobson and Boyce some time to develop.  Amendola and Edilman will handle the slot . . . think you are going to see more Vereen this season in passing situation  . . . lined up outside and coming in motion out of the backfield.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Yeah I agree - really I thought he was a pretty decent player for us (nothing special, but solid enough). They are going to have to do something most likely, it's asking a lot to have two rookies come in and carry the passing game. If Hernandez was around I think it would be different, but with Gronk's back, Amendola's injury history, and Edelman's injury history we are going to need some experience.

Agreed. Right now, the Pats' receiving corp is a mess. One really has to wonder what Lloyd did to turn the Pats off. But, just found this:  http://www.nepatriotslife.com/2013/02/patriots-expected-to-part-ways-with.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

bumped

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to PatsGnome's comment:

I am not much of a Brandon Lloyd fan after last season, but we don't have a solid veteran WR from last years team on this years team.  Brandon Lloyd is still a free-agent and should be signed by the Patriots for veteran WR leadership.

Normally, the peak age for a male sprinter is somewhere between 27 and 30 yrs old. Brandon LLoyd was only running 4.62-4.65 in the 40yrd dash going into last season. Brandon is 32-years old, past his prime and has a huge hurdle to leap if he were to come back to the PATS. That hurdle is AARON DOBSON. Like Randy Moss, Dobson comes from Marshall U (that is why he slipped under the radar in the draft). Like Randy Moss, Dobson runs 4.4 40-yrd dash range. Like Randy Moss, Dobson is a taller WR at 6'3" and bigger at 210lbs. than most WRs, and like Randy Moss, Dobson will be a great outside threat for years to come. I'm not saying he is the second coming of Randy Moss. I am saying that Brandon Lloyd doesn't have a chance to be a #1 as long as Dobson is on the team. Let the thought of Lloyd go, Dobson will have you forgetting all about him by week 2 of camp.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Lloyd has had trouble sticking with teams.  A lot of people mentioned that when the Pats brought him in last season.  From observing him last year, he seems to have a fairly limited set of skills.  He's good (even very good) at a few things, but he's not very versatile, nor is he fully consistent even in the areas where he excels (i.e., those backshoulder catches along the sideline).  If the attitude issues are as significant as some have suggested, he may simply not be worth bringing back.  The good he brings isn't great enough to compensate for the apparent headaches. 

Of course, none of us is in the locker room, so I advise myself and others to remain open to the idea that the attitude problems are not the concern some newspaper reports have suggested.  We just don't really know that.  All we do know is what we see on the field--and that shows that he is very good in a few things (working the sideline) but very limited in what he can do, a bit inconsistent catching the ball, and horrible getting yards after the catch.  In an offense that desparately needs more diversity a one-trick pony doesn't seem like the best fit. 

Of course, if there's no one else . . . 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

That was the first game of the season. Face it, Brady's deep balls leave a lot to be desired. Ocho had to wait on balls when he was here. Lloyd was WIDE OPEN on that play and Brady took way too long and then put way too much air under it, which forced Lloyd to slow up and come back for it. He was probably shocked it was such a bad throw.

We've been over this before.  I don't know why people continue to make excuses for Brady and then try to pass it off for a chosen scapegoat all the time. Did a one legged Gronk not jump high enough in front of Chase Blackburn to avoid that Brady INT? I mean come on with this stuff. It's embarrassing to read.

Since 2007, some fans are infatuated with poorly thrown deep balls Moss made look good and we keep hearing about "deep threats" and the irony is, our QB isn't good at throwing deep. It's not Ocho's fault, not Lloyd's fault and won't be whoever's fault this year at the X.

Absolute truth.

[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see Brady with a few more decent deep receivers before I jump to any conclusions.  He had no trouble connecting with Stallworth, for instance, on the one play they had together last year. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Lloyd has had trouble sticking with teams.  A lot of people mentioned that when the Pats brought him in last season.  From observing him last year, he seems to have a fairly limited set of skills.  He's good (even very good) at a few things, but he's not very versatile, nor is he fully consistent even in the areas where he excels (i.e., those backshoulder catches along the sideline).  If the attitude issues are as significant as some have suggested, he may simply not be worth bringing back.  The good he brings isn't great enough to compensate for the apparent headaches. 

Of course, none of us is in the locker room, so I advise myself and others to remain open to the idea that the attitude problems are not the concern some newspaper reports have suggested.  We just don't really know that.  All we do know is what we see on the field--and that shows that he is very good in a few things (working the sideline) but very limited in what he can do, a bit inconsistent catching the ball, and horrible getting yards after the catch.  In an offense that desparately needs more diversity a one-trick pony doesn't seem like the best fit. 

Pro, for all of the reasons I state in my above post, there is someone else.........Dobson is the future at the #1 WR position. As a former CB, I can tell you that a guy like a 32-yr old at Lloyd 6'0, 200lbs. running a 4.65 40yrd dash coming at me feels more like a back coming outta the back filed compared to the fear that a grown AZZ man who runs a 4.4 40yrd dash and is 6'3", 210lbs. Dobson is a physical freak with amazing ball skills and wil prove it in almost no time in camp.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Pro, for all of the reasons I state in my above post, Dobson is the future at the #1 WR position. As a former CB, I can tell you that a guy like a 32-yr old at Lloyd 6'0, 200lbs. running a 4.65 40yrd dash coming at me feels more like a back coming outta the back filed compared to the fear that a grown AZZ man who runs a 4.4 40yrd dash and is  6'3", 210lbs. Dobson is a physical freak and wil prove it in almost no time in camp.

Tend to agree Rally . . . I just don't think Lloyd adds all that much.  He wasn't horrible to fill the hole in the roster at outside receiver last year, but I don't think he's the future.  I'm high on Dobson too.  Can't wait for camp and preseason to start so we have some data on how the guy is doing.  

I'll just add that Lloyd looks like a running back coming off the line . . .  but once he catches the ball, that's the last thing he looks like . . . he just falls down.  As a corner, I bet you'd like that combo in a receiver!

25. This post has been removed.