Brandon Marshal could be had for a 2nd!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Brandon Marshal could be had for a 2nd!!!!!!!!

On ESPN yesterday afternoon/evening adam shefter reported that Broncos Wideout Brandon Marshal could probably be had for a 2nd round pick, due to the lack of takers so far. Patriots have 3 ..... perhaps something to think about!

I personally would do it in a heartbeat

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

Re: Brandon Marshal could be had for a 2nd!!!!!!!!

give BB some time to process this, and by the end of the week Marshall could be in a pats uniform! i hopE!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I would not, they are getting bad character guys off the team and rebuilding a blue collar type team and you would bring a premadona?  He is a great WR but I would not put him on this team no way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Talent wise...absolutely, but like Pats7393 said, they are trying to build a positive attitude in that locker room after last years debacle and he does not seem to have a good track record in that department.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

People change.  I think he will be a good fit in New England.  Winning solve a whole lot of locker room problems.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Pats changed dillion and moss .. why not marshal and one reason why bad character is because he deserved a contract and denver didnt give him one .. absolutely would send a second over for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

Ok, the issue isn't the pick to trade anymore.  If it were just about the pick we would throw 2 second rounders at Joshie.  How can you pay this guy the 8 mil per he wants when Big Wes makes less than half that?  It was ok to pay moss AFTER he worked with a one year deal b/c he had a HUGE season.  Welker is coming off a HUGE season (unlike when he signed his current deal) and will be PISSED.  I know he's a nice guy but that seems to be a lot to ask of him.

Plus that would mean we commit more than 20mil to the WR position.  THATS NOT HOW YOU WIN IN "THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE" its just not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshal could be had for a 2nd!!!!!!!!:
    Pats changed dillion and moss .. why not marshal and one reason why bad character is because he deserved a contract and denver didnt give him one .. absolutely would send a second over for him.
    Posted by ccusson1122

Dillon and Moss were malcontents on the field but did not get in that kind of trouble off the field. Marshall's had several domestic violence issues and he basically got his good friend shot and killed. He was the target that night...

No thanks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Posted by ccusson1122

Those teams had alot of veteran players on them. This team has way too many young players. The last thing you want is to have a disruptive force in the locker room. Way too risky.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Winning is not going to make him stop sapping women around or worse.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Ok, the issue isn't the pick to trade anymore.  If it were just about the pick we would throw 2 second rounders at Joshie.  How can you pay this guy the 8 mil per he wants when Big Wes makes less than half that?  It was ok to pay moss AFTER he worked with a one year deal b/c he had a HUGE season.  Welker is coming off a HUGE season (unlike when he signed his current deal) and will be PISSED.  I know he's a nice guy but that seems to be a lot to ask of him. Plus that would mean we commit more than 20mil to the WR position.  THATS NOT HOW YOU WIN IN "THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE" its just not.
    Posted by AcrossDaPond

Absolutely right. In years past we won with nobodys at receiver.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

In the words of Derrick Coleman: Whoop de damn do! Who cares if he's availabe for a fifth round pick? He's garbage- in the locker room and off the field. There is a reason no team is wiiling to give up anything of value for him. Actually, there are several reasons. He's not a primadonna. He is damaged goods.

You think winning is going to stop this guy from going home and beating his girlfriend? From being a dirtbag? Get real. He is what he is. You want his next domestic abuse charge to happen while he is wearing a Patriots uniform?

And for all of you people that are willing and ready to sell your sports souls for the two or three extra wins this guy MIGHT get the Pats? What you can't seem to get through your heads, is that there is no way the Krafts will allow this to happen- at any price 

There is as much a chance of Brandon Marshall being a Patriot next season as there is of Belichick and Mangini french kissing each other at midfield during the Superbowl.

It's not going to happen. Get over it. Move on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

UNLESS THE PATS ARE READY TO LET MOSS WALK AFTER THIS SEASON(NOT MAYBE BUT DEFINITELY READY TO LET HIM GO)IT IS HARD TO IMAGINE THAT THEY COULD PAY HIM $8 MILLION OR SO.THE WELKER SITUATION IS ALSO A CONCERN DOLLAR WISE AS WAS PREVIOUSLY CORRECTLY NOTED.ALSO,B.B. MUST BE CERTAIN THAT HE WILL ACTUALLY BE A TEAM PLAYER BEFORE HE EVEN GIVES A THOUGHT TO BRINGING BRANDON TO NEW ENGLAND.IS HIS TALENT WORTH A SECOND ROUND PICK?ABSOLUTELY!BUT YOU CAN BET THE GROCERY MONEY THAT IF THEIR IS UNCERTAINTY ABOUT HIS ATTITUDE ONCE HE ARRIVES B.B. WILL NOT DO IT AND FACE THE RANCUR AND DIVISIVENESS THAT PLAGUED THE LOCKERROOM LAST SEASON

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

He's like a real hot b1tch with gonorrhea

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Worth the risk if its only a second rounder. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Guys, you're got to realize its not just about what you have to give up to make the trade but the whole package you're buying with it. As pointed out by several, he's a bad character guy. The powers that be know more about his rep that we  do and they obviously don't like it or a trade you have already happened. Just because dillion and moss worked out here doesn't mean every azzhole in the league will, too.

There's also the salary issue. Again, NFL insiders know more about this than we do, but I expect he's got completely unrealistic expectations of his own value, like so many NFL punks. Why break the bank to sign a guy like this when you're going to be creating discontent and resentment over money within your own team?

Someone will probably take a flier on marshall but I hope its not us.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

If ESPN is reporting it, it must be true.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Well, it depends on so many factors here is how I think it breaks down... If the Patriots want him they would be willing to use  the 22nd pick, so the fact they could use a second and Denver would accept it doesn't change much.

The question here is are they going to let Moss walk after this season (likely I think), Where do they see Tate and any possible replacements they could draft in another year who will be available in the free agent market in 2011? 

The "can't bring him in here and pay him because Welker would be upset" argument doesn't fly, and here is why... right now they are not even sure (Can't guarantee at all at this moment) that Welker will be anywhere near as good as he was pre injury. (Now I think he will be ok but probably not like he was till 2011)

The only other issue left is do you think he can be brought in here and he will be a koolaid drinker? I think it is plausable that they can have the right mix of vets, (Brady in particular) that he will listen to.

If it gets done don't expect it till the draft. I give it a 50% chance of it happening... I also got a feeling Kraft might have been sending a message to the fans by saying don't panic about the WR corps it is very early and a lot can change while also saying don't count out Tate which I agree with... Tate looks like he could be special.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

read all of bob kraft's quotes over the past week about the issue of character and locker room chemistry. in the past this team could absorb a player like that because of the veterans like teddy, vrable, willie mac and many of the others. those guys are gone and this team is in search of leaders, period. no way does this trade get done, because kraft will refuse to sign this guy to a huge contract. if it was one year at small money, maybe they take the risk. but not at the current situation.
    i also think the draft will be just as much about character guys as it is talent. in past years we've seen the pats draft players with "questionable" character (tate, merriwether) but good talent. i think this year we will see all charachter guys.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

For all the people who say Brandon's a despicable person I would ask you how much worse he is than Big Ben, Plexiglass, Cromartie, Stallworth TO or any other?

My point is that someone will take him and he'll be a difference maker for them. Sure we can pass on him and he'll gladly suit up in a Jets uniform and look forward to scoring 3-4 TDs a year against NE.

I like character guys too. I like that NE has taken waives on bad apples in the past; but how many really "good" guys are there and how many of them play football?

There's difference between having a team full of idiots or a few idiots. Show me a team that has NO idiots.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

I still think the guy is a head case, and as someone else pointed out you need to give up the pick and give him a long term extension.  And the off field stuff would give me reason to pause even if it's true that guys like Dillon and Moss certainly had their doubters before they came here.  Not sure the veteran presence is what is used to be where guys like Moss and Dillon had to deal with Bruschi, McGinest, Vrabel, Harrison and Big Sey if they got out of line. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

For all the people who say Brandon's a despicable person I would ask you how much worse he is than Big Ben, Plexiglass, Cromartie, Stallworth TO or any other? My point is that someone will take him and he'll be a difference maker for them. Sure we can pass on him and he'll gladly suit up in a Jets uniform and look forward to scoring 3-4 TDs a year against NE. I like character guys too. I like that NE has taken waives on bad apples in the past; but how many really "good" guys are there and how many of them play football? There's difference between having a team full of idiots or a few idiots. Show me a team that has NO idiots.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

When you have a team full of veterans an idiot or two is not a big deal, when you have a team full of young guys an idiot or two turn into 20 idiots.  I want the Pats to win SBs as much as the next guy but I also want to see a team as we saw in the 2000s full of "good guys, blue collar, team 1st guys" 

Thanks but no thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jWm1lak8NQ

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

For all the people who say Brandon's a despicable person I would ask you how much worse he is than Big Ben, Plexiglass, Cromartie, Stallworth TO or any other? My point is that someone will take him and he'll be a difference maker for them. Sure we can pass on him and he'll gladly suit up in a Jets uniform and look forward to scoring 3-4 TDs a year against NE. I like character guys too. I like that NE has taken waives on bad apples in the past; but how many really "good" guys are there and how many of them play football? There's difference between having a team full of idiots or a few idiots. Show me a team that has NO idiots.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

Big Ben not on our team
    Plexiglass not on our team(not in the league)
    Cromartie not on our team
    Stallworth not on our team
    TO not on our team 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

People change.  I think he will be a good fit in New England.  Winning solve a whole lot of locker room problems.
    Posted by mississippipatfan

We were a winning team last year and still had issues.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Posted by ccusson1122

Dillon and Moss were locker room problems for their old teams because they were sick of losing....Marshall is coming from a team that does not have a losing record and his problems are legal problems, not civil.