Brandon Marshall

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Brandon Marshall

I'm pretty scared about next week....

Too bad we didn't have multiple 2nd rd picks to offer Denver for him... oh wait we did... with Maroney as the icing....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Brandon Marshall

In Response to Brandon Marshall:
    [QUOTE]I'm pretty scared about next week.... Too bad we didn't have multiple 2nd rd picks to offer Denver for him... oh wait we did... with Maroney as the icing....
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Dude I can't argue with the idea of a trade but not Marshall. We have had the most draft picks in the league for the last 10 years( or close to) and honestly at this point do we really need them all? I would not have minded throwing Maroney in with a 2nd rounder for any proven veteran stud(at the right price) I don't think Marshall falls into that category. He is probably the most physically gifted receiver in the league and he was going to get top dollar. We already have Moss with a contract in the air. It wasn't going to work, although I would have LOVED IT. At the same time if we were going to give Maroney away for nothing why not package the former #1 with over 20 tds in 3 healthy seasons for an impact player? Lots of them out there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

alright I'll bite, which pick would you have traded to get him:

#44 - traded up to #42 for Gronk
    #47 - traded down to grab Spikes #62, Zoltan #150, Car 2011 2nd pick
    #53 - Cunningham

Then who would you leave off the WR chart:

Moss, Welker, Edelman, Tate, Price, Hernandez (I know he's a TE but he's been used more as a large slot WR then a TE in these early games)? I also know I left Slater off that list but I consider him a ST player not really a WR.

I think our WR's are fine and I wouldn't trade anyone of those picks for an extra WR right now

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Do we really need another WR? We already have a big gain WR in Moss, don't need another. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

I swear I was jus thinkin the samething ... but knew I would get chewed out by 99 morons that live on Boston.com. I was screaming about getting him last Dec. , you knew right after the season he was gone. Hes like 26-27 , 6-4/225 , can run routes , isnt afraid of contact , and has a skill set that no-one else has in the NFL right now. Ive been a Moss fan since I saw him tear up Ball St. for 5 TDs. He absolutly tore up the league when he came in , in 98'  ...  And still is! For the first 9-10 years in the league Moss had the ability to take a quick out/comeback , bubble screen etc. and take it 50-60 yards to the house. The things he's done is crazy , I remember one against Dallas and another against Tenn.  ... Took both about 50-60 yards for TDs running by about 4-5 guys on each team. People think he just a deep threat , yea hes the best ever , but hes doing what Marshall can do now. Marshall was absolutly worth 2 seconds rounders. Your talking about a TRUE # 1 WR that can do things 99% of the rest of the WRs cant. So what he has an attitude problem! We're talking about a guy that is as good as Fitz and AJ! Is Larry Fitz worth a couple of 2's , what about one of the Johnsons? Two 2's for a guy that will be in his prime for the next 5 years and has 6-7 more great years left. Would you like 90-110rec/11-1300/8-10 TDs for the next 5-6 years? Imagine Moss at flanker , Marshall playing X and WW in the slot ... w/ Gronk & Herney running a seem down the middle? I almost forgot that 12 would be throwing them the ball , seriously we could have had that. And we havent exactly been killin it in the draft lately. Hey I love Gronky & Herney , but hows Butler doing , what about Whilite/Wheatley ... what a dogchit sandwhich they are. A couple years ago we took Butler , Chung and Brace. We could have had Matthews and Mauluga and(or) Laurinaitis ... for what its worth I would have taken JxLx. And a couple years back we could have grab Jameel Charles instead of Whilite. This isnt monday morning QB'in , I was screaming at the moment , not 2-3 years later. And I feel the same way about Marshall , and w/ the way our D is playing we're going to need a O like that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

Im not sure if you guys have been watching the last 3 years , but Moss has been are ONLY legitimate scoring over that time period. Theres no other guy on our team that opposing teams game plan to stop in the red zone. Like Moss Marshall is a threat from anywhere on the field and we absolutely could have used him. We're winning all our game because we can out score teams , our D just let Buffalo hang over 20 on them ... Ryan F'in Fitz is their QB! And what picks would have I giving up for Marshall? Are you kidding me , hes top 3-5 WR in his prime for the next 5-6 years! I love Gronky , but you would keep him over a trade for Marshall. You would keep Cunningham over a trade for Marshall? Thats not even close LOL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall:
    [QUOTE]alright I'll bite, which pick would you have traded to get him: #44 - traded up to #42 for Gronk #47 - traded down to grab Spikes #62, Zoltan #150, Car 2011 2nd pick #53 - Cunningham Then who would you leave off the WR chart: Moss, Welker, Edelman, Tate, Price, Hernandez (I know he's a TE but he's been used more as a large slot WR then a TE in these early games)? I also know I left Slater off that list but I consider him a ST player not really a WR. I think our WR's are fine and I wouldn't trade anyone of those picks for an extra WR right now
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

you and truechamp are prob right, just wasn't in the cards for us

I guess this thread is more about how scary he is and how he's really going to cut up these young corners next week... gotta keep that D off the field

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall : you and truechamp are prob right, just wasn't in the cards for us I guess this thread is more about how scary he is and how he's really going to cut up these young corners next week... gotta keep that D off the field
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

That I can't argue with. He is one scary WR. I see the Pats putting McCourty up front to bump him and rolling over Meriweather in double coverage while keeping Chung in the 10-15 yrd range to watch the box for draw and play a mid zone if the draw never comes. This won't stop him but might slow him down enough to let our offense build up a good sized lead

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I will be at that game wearing the throw back Wes Welker Jersey. Hopefully it won't be the same results as last year. they didn't need Brandon Marshall to beat us. Our coaches beat us by going for a td on 4rth down in our redzone when we could have put 3 on the board. We didn't get it and the Fins drove 70 yards and kicked a Fg in under a minute. The deciding factor in that game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

This will be McCourty's toughest test yet. He passes this test, his stock shoots up big time.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

OMG, I actually agree with PhatRex. I feel so dirty... NOT2REGRET what have you done to me!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

[QUOTE]Im not sure if you guys have been watching the last 3 years , but Moss has been are ONLY legitimate scoring over that time period. Theres no other guy on our team that opposing teams game plan to stop in the red zone. Like Moss Marshall is a threat from anywhere on the field and we absolutely could have used him. We're winning all our game because we can out score teams , our D just let Buffalo hang over 20 on them ... Ryan F'in Fitz is their QB! And what picks would have I giving up for Marshall? Are you kidding me , hes top 3-5 WR in his prime for the next 5-6 years! I love Gronky , but you would keep him over a trade for Marshall. You would keep Cunningham over a trade for Marshall? Thats not even close LOL.
    Posted by NOT2REGRET[/QUOTE]

I think as time goes along Gronkowski could be to Brady what Coates was to Bledzoe. Gronkowski seems very hard to stop in the red zone. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

Because the Pats biggest need is obviously a WR

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

At the time Marshall was available, would've been interesting to pick him up while Moss was in final year of contract. Would've had two legit #1 receivers for one year and leverage against Moss re: contract negotiations.

Problem is, we can only have so many WRs.  Still need help in secondary and pass rush....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]alright I'll bite, which pick would you have traded to get him: #44 - traded up to #42 for Gronk #47 - traded down to grab Spikes #62, Zoltan #150, Car 2011 2nd pick #53 - Cunningham Then who would you leave off the WR chart: Moss, Welker, Edelman, Tate, Price, Hernandez (I know he's a TE but he's been used more as a large slot WR then a TE in these early games)? I also know I left Slater off that list but I consider him a ST player not really a WR. I think our WR's are fine and I wouldn't trade anyone of those picks for an extra WR right now
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

You forgot about torry holt your prize offseason pickup.  I dont know how you can forget with him having his best year ever since he has TB to throw him passes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Were gona lose bad this weak. the Db's R going 2 get so TOASTED, were going 2 lose by 3 TD's...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

6-10