Brandon Meriweather reduced time

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Brandon Meriweather reduced time

"I haven't been myself in practice," Meriweather responded. "Coaches wanted to show me that just because I wasn't [myself] that I still have to come and play. Basically it is all my fault that I'm not on the field as much. 

"I just need to be more consistent. I need to be a lot more consistent," Meriweather added after co-host Michael Holley asked him how he hasn't been himself in practice. 

"I was trying a lot of things in camp, just to see if they'd work. But they weren't. Instead of me stopping trying them and doing what I was coached, I kept trying them." 

From WEEI and can be found on the Pats website.

What the hell... Sanders cannot be starting and this guy needs to get his head on straight. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Brandon Meriweather reduced time

Having Sanders out there is what makes picking on Butler so easy. No one is afraid of the safety that he has up top. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Brandon Meriweather reduced time:
    [QUOTE]"I haven't been myself in practice," Meriweather responded. "Coaches wanted to show me that just because I wasn't [myself] that I still have to come and play. Basically it is all my fault that I'm not on the field as much.  "I just need to be more consistent. I need to be a lot more consistent," Meriweather added after co-host Michael Holley asked him how he hasn't been himself in practice.  "I was trying a lot of things in camp, just to see if they'd work. But they weren't. Instead of me stopping trying them and doing what I was coached, I kept trying them."  From WEEI and can be found on the Pats website. What the hell... Sanders cannot be starting and this guy needs to get his head on straight. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]

Meriweather is a tool! It takes all of training camp, preseason and 2 games into season to realize you do what you are coached? Seriously? Idiot.

...and fans really have had to wonder why Sanders stays around and quietly goes out and gets the job done? Fans rarely think about the cause or reason for something.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Meriweather reduced time:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Brandon Meriweather reduced time : Meriweather is a tool! It takes all of training camp, preseason and 2 games into season to realize you do what you are coached? Seriously? Idiot. ...and fans really have had to wonder why Sanders stays around and quietly goes out and gets the job done? Fans rarely think about the cause or reason for something.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

Sanders goes out and gets the job done...

Since when? Sanders is a scrub.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Im all for discipline, but NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF LOSING TO THE JETS! 

benching Meriweather and watching Butler get burned repeatedly because Sanders was damn near worthless over the top was NOT fun. 

I hope Meriweather and Butler bounce back or we are done this year.

big mistake. no excuse.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"I am actually looking at it as Meriweather wanting to improve his game further by trying and experiencing different technic during the training camp and it backfired on him. I see this as him working hard and trying to improve."

Way to put a positive spin on something negative.  Sorry but I think that's wishful thinking and can't buy that logic.  Isn't "Do Your Job" part of the Pats mantra??  That means using the proper techniques and taking care of your responsibilities, not trying to freelance out there.  All it takes is one guy to be out of place to make the whole D look bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brandon Meriweather reduced time : Sanders goes out and gets the job done... Since when? Sanders is a scrub.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Oh that's a rich comment from someone who loves Crable but can't beat out lowly Ninkovich or TBC yet year after year no one the Pats bring in at safety for competition can knock Sanders off the Rosters and why he has started the last two games over Meriweather.

Please, bring something other than rhetoric to the wise cracks.

...and yes I Am a fan of Crable too but facts are facts, in both cases.

It is what it is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Maybe, just Maybe Mr. Whiffel isn't playing because he sux.  1st round bust.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

That's too bad, but in another week or two BDub's should be good to go. When the secondary all meshes together, he'll be a great upgrade over James Sanders, as will Jarrard Page once he gets a better handle of the coverages and whatnot. Page still has to get into real football shape first, and own the role he is given. I can't wait until the playoffs, everything else in between is fluff and opportunity for injury. Winning is nice, it is so awesome. But winning in the playoffs and especially winning a Super Bowl; there is nothing better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]That's too bad, but in another week or two BDub's should be good to go. When the secondary all meshes together, he'll be a great upgrade over James Sanders, as will Jarrard Page once he gets a better handle of the coverages and whatnot. Page still has to get into real football shape first, and own the role he is given. I can't wait until the playoffs, everything else in between is fluff and opportunity for injury. Winning is nice, it is so awesome. But winning in the playoffs and especially winning a Super Bowl; there is nothing better.
    Posted by Brendon-Patrick[/QUOTE]

i like what u are saying, but this is a new team and right now, every game is an evolution. This isn't like the Celtics where the regular does not mean anything.  Not to mention, id rather enjoy the 4 months of football instead of cutting them out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

We'll enjoy some of the wins like we did the Cincinnati one. We'll get pissed when there are losses like the Jets one. If there is a close loss with good play by both teams, we'll be pleased as fans but hungry for more like the players probably will be. This can definitely be a fun season. One win, one loss. We've got a talented, improving, PROMISING team. Tom needs to keep his consistency though and not get antcy in the second half.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

lets hope he finally turns into ed reed...we've all been waiting

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

THIS GUY IS A HUMP ...Always has been.
    ( Despite what his apologists continue to spout )

BB is finally realizing that Brandon "U-Turn "Meriweather just doesn't have what it takes to get the the job done .

We got rid of one shiny but ultimately worthless turd last week ( Larry Mo ) ...
     hopefully U-Turn is next .

ALSO ~ To the posters that want to blame Sanders for Butlers inability to make even the most rudimentary play on a ball Sunday .
       You need to admit that Butler has been suckin' it since training camp and needs to step up or give way to someone who can .
    ( Unfortunately  , not sure there's a Plan B currently waiting in the wings )

Was Butler's big INT Td last year against Houston a fluke , or is there potential there still waiting to be tapped ?

Hopefully the latter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brandon Meriweather reduced time : Oh that's a rich comment from someone who loves Crable but can't beat out lowly Ninkovich or TBC yet year after year no one the Pats bring in at safety for competition can knock Sanders off the Rosters and why he has started the last two games over Meriweather. Please, bring something other than rhetoric to the wise cracks. ...and yes I Am a fan of Crable too but facts are facts, in both cases. It is what it is.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

Sanders is a major scrub. The only time he that he beats out people is when the people are benched for disciplinary actions. Last year, he played because McGowan was laughing after the loss. This year, he's playing because Meriweather was 'experimenting' with plays. Sanders is a scrub, discipline is one thing, but how come Chung and McCourty don't get picked on in zone coverage? It's because McCourty is good and Chung will back him up with a hige hit. Butler has one step too slow Sanders back there. He better not let the WR get behind him or he's screwed. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

We passed on Beason, who mysteriously dropped, to draft this guy. Thanks again, Bill.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

A HUMP I SAY

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brandon Meriweather reduced time : Sanders is a major scrub. The only time he that he beats out people is when the people are benched for disciplinary actions. Last year, he played because McGowan was laughing after the loss. This year, he's playing because Meriweather was 'experimenting' with plays. Sanders is a scrub, discipline is one thing, but how come Chung and McCourty don't get picked on in zone coverage? It's because McCourty is good and Chung will back him up with a hige hit. Butler has one step too slow Sanders back there. He better not let the WR get behind him or he's screwed. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

lol OK sir, I will just say that this argument is even funnier. Are you honestly trying to tell me that your argument for why McCourtey, who was drafted higher and has played better already in his limited first year over Butler in his 2nd year is because Chung backs him up?

Seriously?

You do realize the safeties are not specifically designated to right or dleft sides of the field right? Please tell me you know that.

I have no issue with you as an individual but honestly your argument mankes no sense, if I am understanding you correctly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

glad he is reduced all the way