Brandon Moore: Holmes is creating rift in Jets locker room

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Brandon Moore: Holmes is creating rift in Jets locker room

from ESPNBoston.com:

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Now it's official: The New York Jets' locker room is fractured.

Veteran guard Brandon Moore, taking offense to Santonio Holmes' latest criticism of the offensive line, fired back at the wide receiver Friday, telling ESPNNewYork.com that Holmes is creating a rift by throwing teammates under the bus.

"He's obviously got the green light to evaluate every position on the team," Moore said. "I just didn't think captaincy entailed that. I've never seen a captain do that. That's not leading. That's not being a leader. It actually fragments the locker room. It's not productive."

Moore, the longest-tenured player on the Jets' sputtering offense, is regarded as one of the quiet leaders on the team. That he decided to speak out against Holmes is an indication of the current state of team chemistry.

"Obviously, it's OK to do that," said Moore, alluding to Rex Ryan's freedom-of-speech policy. "This organization let's you say whatever you want. There's no muzzle. But as a professional, there are some things you do muzzle. I've muzzled my mouth numerous times. It's called being a pro. It's called taking care of your brothers in the locker room, the guys who fight for each other."
     On Thursday, Holmes called out the offensive line for the second time in two weeks, saying the line is the root of the unit's problems. He made critical remarks after the Jets' Week 3 loss to the Baltimore Ravens, and he followed that up Thursday, by saying, "I may be criticized again for saying it, but it starts up front. The big guys know it. If they give Mark (Sanchez) enough time to sit in the pocket and complete passes, I think everything changes."

Now the big guys are ticked off. Guard Matt Slauson declined to comment on Holmes' remarks. The other three starting linemen didn't show up in the locker room during the media period.

Moore was asked if others share his sentiment.

"I don't know, some guys might side with (Holmes), that attitude of, 'I'm doing everything right and the blame goes on everybody else.' I'm sure guys are thinking like that, the selfish guys."

Asked if he's upset, Moore said: "Yeah, I am. I've just never seen anything like this."

Ryan refused to criticize Holmes for his latest shots, saying he doesn't like to restrict players from speaking their mind. He also suggested that Holmes' comments were taken out of context.

"I'm as guilty as anybody, sometimes when you make comments, maybe things aren't interpreted exactly how they show up on black and white," Ryan said. "The thing I can tell you about Santonio is ... nobody is more supportive of his teammates than Santonio. These comments, you can interpret them any way you want. I don't think he planned on it being a negative, how it came out." Ryan said he doesn't think his offensive linemen were bothered by the comment. "No," the coach said, "they've got skin like an armadillo."

Moore was obviously bothered, however, with the comments and the fact that Holmes was allowed to utter them.

"Somebody at the top is telling him it's OK," Moore said. Turning sarcastic, he added, "He's the captain. If that's how the captain feels about things, that's the psyche of the offense, I guess. Everybody takes their marching orders from that."

Before the season, Ryan named Holmes and Sanchez the team's offensive captains.

Moore said it was "the fourth or fifth time" that Holmes criticized a segment of the offense. He mentioned the AFC Championship Game in Pittsburgh, when Holmes criticized offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer.

This latest back-and-forth between Holmes and Moore comes at the worst time for the Jets (2-3), who are mired in a three-game losing streak. On Tuesday, they traded wide receiver Derrick Mason to the Houston Texans, a move that wasn't popular among his fellow receivers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Brandon Moore: Holmes is creating rift in Jets locker room

Sweeet! 

This is just about a done deal.

Daily post had Rex and Brian on the cover with "Dumb and Dumber"

LMAO

this is better than I expected.  I had no idea they were gonna implode like this...but Rusty did!  good call wonderboy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

LOL  That's the BOMB!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Excellent

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

How quickly things fall apart for the Jests. I would feel bad for them, but they're going to the Super Bowl. Rex Ryan said so.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Now if the Dolphins actually show up and beat the Yets, ball game! This might get very ugly in NJ, excellent indeed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

How to be a leader after a loss: "We all played terrible, myself included."

How to be a baby and a false leader: "It was their fault" *in front of cameras and mics no less.

If Holmes wants to lead, he should get on these dudes on the practice field, and not in the hen clucking, sewing circle that is the media field. 

No one ever respects a person that calls them out to the media or public.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The fractured Jets

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Moore: Holmes is creating rift in Jets locker room:
    [QUOTE]The fractured Jets
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

"The fractured jets"..I can dig it, the pic and the comment...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The Pats salt and burn when they win don't they.

They've gotten coaches fired....
    They've gotten players released....
    They've destroyed locker rooms....
    And they killed an owner.... (to soon?)

With respect though RIP Al, in the end you were a joke but in your hay day you meant as much to the league as Kraft does now. Thank you for changing the league when you did

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats salt and burn when they win don't they. They've gotten coaches fired.... They've gotten players released.... They've destroyed locker rooms.... And they killed an owner.... (to soon?) With respect though RIP Al, in the end you were a joke but in your hay day you meant as much to the league as Kraft does now. Thank you for changing the league when you did
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that trend too. I don't know why though. It's like the owners and coaches are saying: "Well if we can't win against the Patriots, who can we beat in this league? Let's fix the team by getting rid of this player and firing that coach."

Hey coaches and players in the league. There's no shame in losing to us. You don't have to beat yourselves up. That's our job.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I've said this before about so-called players coaches.  They often come out the gate strong, but usually fall apart after a few years.  The certainly don't handle adversity well.  It's fine and dandy to let your players talk freely when you are winning, but it gets ugly real quick when you are losing.

The beginning of the end...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

its no surprise at all that the jets are fading fast, only that it took this long. they down graded in talent this offseason and got another year older. other than a couple of linemen the offense doesn't have much talent. the quarterback stinks and the loud mouth coach is starting to lose his team. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I think we all knew Rex's house of cards would collapse at the first sign of adversity.....and here it comes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Remember Phatrex defending the acquisition of Mason and saying this group was going to be superior to last year, the Yets improved and they will win it all?

Mason got traded, Plexiglass and Holmes combined are averaging only 85 yards total per game. Ground and pound is now the 31st ranked rushing offense and their rush D is ranked 26th in the league.
    Sanchez is still horrendous as that pass offense is 21st in the league, Sanchez has more turnovers then scores. 3rd year Qb was supposed to "break out" this year, LMFAO! He is breaking out all right, breaking out in tears. yets Vaunted defense is ranked 25th in points allowed, worse then our defense( we are ranked 14th in points allowed)
    5 games in, all I can do is laugh.

Whats best is that they are imploding on the field and off the field. Perfect!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

The jets were very lucky to beat Dallas in week 1. Romo gave that one to them.

Who else did they beat, Jacksonville? The jets will be lucky to go 8-8, this after the loud mouth coach guaranteed a superbowl win. They should be 1-5, they win this week then will lose 3 more in a row. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phillipston. Show Phillipston's posts

JETS:  I swear it's almost like their trying to do us a favor, somehow.

THE REST OF THE LEAGUE:  It's almost uncanny how it goes unrecognized for so long by everyone;  WE ARE THE SUPERBOWL for every GM, coach, player, fan, media type, vendor, you name it.  No one plays as hard against another team as hard as they play us.  Not one team in this league gets the us against them headlines.  Not one team is feared as much as us.  And the best part is: IT ONLY MAKES US BETTER!  Becuse we know, once we are done with you, you are done too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]I've said this before about so-called players coaches.  They often come out the gate strong, but usually fall apart after a few years.  The certainly don't handle adversity well.  It's fine and dandy to let your players talk freely when you are winning, but it gets ugly real quick when you are losing. The beginning of the end...
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

And that is Rex's (other) big mistake. If you let the inmates run the asylum, you'll find yourself in the padded room.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Now if the Dolphins actually show up and beat the Yets, ball game! This might get very ugly in NJ, excellent indeed.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm rooting for, although I think the Dolphins would have been hard pressed to beat the Jets in a desperation game even with Chad Henne healthy

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brandon Moore: Holmes is creating rift in Jets locker room : Note how Phat Rex/McCheaters is banned and Patsman3/Haverhill Bob characters he uses have vanished. He's about through here.  He can't maneuver around as a Jets fan without being seen and now his Pats poseur names are exposed. Done.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Like a turd on a snowbank.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

The game against the Jets in just a few weeks will be intense.  The Jets will be banking their whole season on it and playing with reckless emotion.  they'll be taking some cheap shots too.  But it will be great to bury their current era of loudmouth nonsense by mid season.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

All this highlights the huge difference between how the Patriots and Jets operate.

Patriots win - The oppent played a good game ( whether they did or not ) We did some things well we need to improve on some other things. The glow of winning usually lasts until the players and coaches wake up the next day then it's forgotten and it's back to work to prepare for next game.

The Jets - We're great the other team stinks. We'll trash our opponent next week too. Then it seems like they spend a couple of days patting themselves on the back and trashing the next opponent in front of as much of the press as they can assemble.

Patriots lose - Everybody shares the blame. Nobody points fingers at the guys on their defense or offense as the reason why they lost. If there is any discussion it's done between players and coaches in private. Locker room stuff always stays in the locker room. Nobody leaves the locker room and immediately starts texting their favorite reporter because it's none of their business.

Jets lose - Of course it's a teammate's fault because they're all too great to have to contributed to the loss themselves. And it always ends up in the press because Jets players crave publicity more than anything else.

It all comes down to the coach. When you have someone like BB who will always answer intelligent football questions but refuses to provide the press with a circus the players pick up on it. On the other hand you have Rex who loves to be the center of attention no matter what the subject. His players reflect that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brandon Moore: Holmes is creating rift in Jets locker room : Note how Phat Rex/McCheaters is banned and Patsman3/Haverhill Bob characters he uses have vanished. He's about through here.  He can't maneuver around as a Jets fan without being seen and now his Pats poseur names are exposed. Done.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

How do you know he's been banned? It's just as likely he lacks the nuts to post. If the Pats have a bad game he'll be back trying to ease the pain from his Jets' debacles by dumping on us.