In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

If he was tweeting during a game maybe....but his views (or jokes) should be his own business. I see no reason to punish him...he did nothing wrong. What ever happened to freedom of speech in this country? No matter who says what, there's always some over-sensative jerk that get's their undies in a wad over it. People need to mind their own business.....Unfortunately since he's a proffessional athlete, the media will try and create a shocking headline out of it. Yawn....

[/QUOTE]

Disagree.  It's because he is a professional athlete that he has an obligation to tote the company line.(in spite of his feelings on any topic).

Although it was funny, I'm sure a lot of people would find it unprofessional and crude.

To be honest, it's not a view I would want my son who loves spikes, to adopt.  It's not any different than  a racial slander or joke.  Not so sure freedom of speach was meant to protect discrimination and hate speech as it does cause harm to whom ever is targeted. 

I'm afraid there may be some backlash over this.  JMHO.

[/QUOTE]

How is this in anyway comparable to a racial slander? Did he make fun of or slander gay people? So a straight person saying that he'd scream if he saw a gay guy in his tub is now the same as a racial slander? You can't be serious. It would have been different if he said it was wrong to be gay but he didn't he stated that he's homophobic (a large number of people are on both sides of the sex) and that he'd scream if he saw someone who was in his tub. If he said at his door something totally different but where you take a bath completely nude? Come on

[/QUOTE]

Because discrination is discrimination.  Doesn't matter if it's about man, women, race, religion or orientation.  Like I said, I thought it was funny, but I can see where a lot of people would be offended.   I just don't see the need for a person of responsibility to go public with those kinds of jokes.  If you haven't noticed (whether right or wrong)  people have been fired for saying as much.  Hope it doesn't bite him and the team in the butt, but it could... and that's not smart..

[/QUOTE]

So let me get this striaght, if a gay guy was in my tub it would be discrimanating if I screamed and called the cops. I should just hop right in otherwise it would be discrimination? A striaght guy saying he'd scream if he saw a gay man in his personal tub in his personal residence is not discrimination in any sense of the word. He didn't say that he wouldn't scream if a straight man was is his tub therefor you don't know if he wouldn't, you are assuming Spikes would be perfectly ok with it which would make it discrimination. I mean really is he discriminating against spiders too? According to your logic he is. I have a friend who is scared of clowns, if a clown was in his tub would he be discriminating if he screamed? Seriously this is silly. He didn't say a single thing to slander gay people at all or say anything anyone would take as being gay is wrong. Him admitting he is a homophobe states that he has this fear and not everyone does therefor if you don't it might not apply to you.

I have to know though, are you gay? Because, I have asked my cousin and a couple of gay friends after seeing this post and they thought it was funny and none of them thought it was slander or discrimatory. One actually said I'd scream if there was a naked women in my shower. If you aren't gay and actual gay people aren't offended then I don't get why you are. If you are gay though and you're offended so be it take is as a joke grow so thicker skin and make a joke back. I'm sure Spikes would laugh it off

[/QUOTE]

Your missing his whole point, he's sending a message to gay players not to take a shower if he's in there after a game, it's simple!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: Brandon Spikes posts another controversial tweet per Boston.com

It is more of a comment about his own sx preference than anything against gays. It is also self depricating and mentions how HE would react, without saying anything specifically negative about gays or spiders.

A comment about his own socialization and not a slur at all.

I am going to throw up if anyone is offended by this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Twitter is Peanut Butter for a*****es.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Twitter is Peanut Butter for a*****es.

[/QUOTE]

Thankyou!.. It's right up there with Facebook. Glad I've never started an account on either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Spikes' comment was pretty damn funny I thought. Seriously though, people who find that comment to be discriminatory are the reason why the word "apartment" is now racist.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to GadisRKO's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Forget about the tweet, how did he end up using your pic is what I want to know...

[/QUOTE]

Well thanks for asking.  I sent it out on twitter for my patsfanfotoshop web site like I always do when I add a picture to the site.  I tagged him in it, not sure if he seen my tweet or if someone else brought it to his attention.  Anyways, last I checked it was still his avatar, lol!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

I thought it was hilarious! The dude is funny.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Well other then the spider part, this attitude was apparent from Spikes college video.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I’m homophobic just like I’m arachnophobic. I have nothing against homosexuals or spiders but I’d still scream if I found one in my bathtub!” he wrote.

See, imo the only way that we can possibly come to terms with the full & most importantly, accurate spectrum of what Spikes' true inferences on this subject, is by way of elucidating the lone KEY and Critical aspect of his words right here...  It's the determiner:  "...Just like I'm arachnophobic." 

Now, IF Brandon Spikes is indeed, just "schoolgirl-screaming" "flattened to the point of sheer paralyzing terror" Utterly TERRIFIED of Spiders, well....well, We might have ourselves a bit'ofa recognizably worrisome case for his words being trully derisive towards homosexuals...at least, something which could definately warrant further insight... 

BUT however, IF the case is 1 wherein Spikes in truth, couldn't give 2 sh#ts about Spiders save for the fact that he'd rather not slip under the covers only to find some spider crawling around down there creepin' over his unsuspecting legs- In which case he'd spring outta bed like a mexican jumping bean (yet still remain composed enough not to desperately careen himself through his plate glass bedroom window, shreeking- again, like an 8 year old schoolgirl)...

THEN, we can at least in a bit more level-headed discourse of reasoning (I never said that this was great reasoning), surmize that Brandon Spikes' tweet in question here, just might lie a bit further down the lines within the goofy & casual Hyperbolic nature.

Thus-

What we need to do is pretty darn clear imho...  TFB~ Seein' as he has some sorta roundabout "in" with Spikes, needs ta immediately put a pot of joe on the burner so he can conjure up some late-night photoshop edition of Brandon Spikes in some sorta Arachnaphobic ABSOLUTELY over-the-top image that's SURE to get a response 1 way or another...  NOT straight-out insulting (i.e. see Spikes dressed as a schoolgirl in drag, freaking out screaming over 1 lone june-bug)- Mm-mm...This needs something a bit more coy in what the image could be inferring, liiiike:  3 Spiders, and Spikes looking as if he's a fraction of a second away from passing out, with some open-ended (but more positive) statement along with it, in kind of a "nudge-nudge" type of way (i.e. "Read into this Brandon, b/c there's an out here, if you can find it/come to terms with it/explain it, etc).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

For the people thinking that Spikes is a funny guy for writting this stuff - keep in mind that he lifted the quote from an English comedian. Spikes does not have the brain power to write something creative like that, none of the stuff he writes is his actually stuff (at least the coherant, funny stuff). The guy just passes it off as his own.

Anyone think a guy dumb enough to let himself be taped in a hotel while he's using his tool as a baseball bat is smart? If you think that's smart, then you think Spikes is.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to hang3xc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I have nothing against homosexuals or spiders but I’d still scream if I found one in my bathtub!”

LMMFAO!!! In this wonderfully politically correct world we now live in, unless you are fully in support of gay everything, you probably shouldn't talk about it in mixed company, especially with BB as your boss... but that was still pretty dang hilarious!

[/QUOTE]

"politcally correct"? ,you mean i want to be as racist as i want to be and i dont want to be called on it?

laughing your @ss off? how funny is it if you change homosexual for Black person? Indian? Muslim? Asian person, disabled person, homeles person, etc. 

because it is socially acceptable in some circles to be a bigot does not mean one should be.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

If he was tweeting during a game maybe....but his views (or jokes) should be his own business. I see no reason to punish him...he did nothing wrong. What ever happened to freedom of speech in this country? No matter who says what, there's always some over-sensative jerk that get's their undies in a wad over it. People need to mind their own business.....Unfortunately since he's a proffessional athlete, the media will try and create a shocking headline out of it. Yawn....

[/QUOTE]

"No matter who says what, there's always some over-sensative jerk that get's their undies in a wad over it. People need to mind their own business."

yea! kill the (insert institutional racist group target here)!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to harleyroadking12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

lol people need to chill out...he wrote in the context of a joke....com'on man

[/QUOTE]

i am finding the comments here, and brandon spikes cover (it was a joke) more offensive than him admitting he is homophobic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Disagree.  It's because he is a professional athlete that he has an obligation to tote the company line.(in spite of his feelings on any topic).

Although it was funny, I'm sure a lot of people would find it unprofessional and crude.

To be honest, it's not a view I would want my son who loves spikes, to adopt.  It's not any different than  a racial slander or joke.  Not so sure freedom of speach was meant to protect discrimination and hate speech as it does cause harm to whom ever is targeted. 

[/QUOTE]

re""To be honest, it's not a view I would want my son who loves spikes, to adopt.  It's not any different than  a racial slander or joke.  Not so sure freedom of speach was meant to protect discrimination and hate speech as it does cause harm to whom ever is targeted. ""

thank you pezz for saying the truth; what needed to be said, and what needs to be heard.

i respect your wisdom and insight greatly here.

thank you for being a decent human being with conscience and dignity and illuminating the subject for those who dont get it (because it aint' about them).

and to those who say my gay friend laughed, internalized isms by a person who is part of a target group doesnt excuse feeding institutionalized oppression.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know how he could get a suspension--you mean from the NFL?  Don't think so, I've read a lot worse.  I don't think the NFL  gets involved in tweets- do they?

anyway I really like Spikes--he s edgy and brings a nasty attitude to the defense that is needed.!!

[/QUOTE]

i dont see any suspension coming from this. certainly i coud see a sensitivity class.

and i coud see some in house punishment and or a discussion (largely becasue it's terrible p.r.)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For the people thinking that Spikes is a funny guy for writting this stuff - keep in mind that he lifted the quote from an English comedian. Spikes does not have the brain power to write something creative like that, none of the stuff he writes is his actually stuff (at least the coherant, funny stuff). The guy just passes it off as his own.

Anyone think a guy dumb enough to let himself be taped in a hotel while he's using his tool as a baseball bat is smart? If you think that's smart, then you think Spikes is.  

[/QUOTE]

humorous.... and poignant remars mthurl

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to GadisRKO's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Forget about the tweet, how did he end up using your pic is what I want to know...

[/QUOTE]

Well thanks for asking.  I sent it out on twitter for my patsfanfotoshop web site like I always do when I add a picture to the site.  I tagged him in it, not sure if he seen my tweet or if someone else brought it to his attention.  Anyways, last I checked it was still his avatar, lol!!

[/QUOTE]

that is humorous and i suppose you and yoru art work are now famous...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How is this in anyway comparable to a racial slander? Did he make fun of or slander gay people? So a straight person saying that he'd scream if he saw a gay guy in his tub is now the same as a racial slander? You can't be serious. It would have been different if he said it was wrong to be gay but he didn't he stated that he's homophobic (a large number of people are on both sides of the sex) and that he'd scream if he saw someone who was in his tub. If he said at his door something totally different but where you take a bath completely nude? Come on

[/QUOTE]

Because discrination is discrimination.  Doesn't matter if it's about man, women, race, religion or orientation.  Like I said, I thought it was funny, but I can see where a lot of people would be offended.   I just don't see the need for a person of responsibility to go public with those kinds of jokes.  If you haven't noticed (whether right or wrong)  people have been fired for saying as much.  Hope it doesn't bite him and the team in the butt, but it could... and that's not smart..

[/QUOTE]

So let me get this striaght, if a gay guy was in my tub it would be discrimanating if I screamed and called the cops. I should just hop right in otherwise it would be discrimination? A striaght guy saying he'd scream if he saw a gay man in his personal tub in his personal residence is not discrimination in any sense of the word. He didn't say that he wouldn't scream if a straight man was is his tub therefor you don't know if he wouldn't, you are assuming Spikes would be perfectly ok with it which would make it discrimination. I mean really is he discriminating against spiders too? According to your logic he is. I have a friend who is scared of clowns, if a clown was in his tub would he be discriminating if he screamed? Seriously this is silly. He didn't say a single thing to slander gay people at all or say anything anyone would take as being gay is wrong. Him admitting he is a homophobe states that he has this fear and not everyone does therefor if you don't it might not apply to you.

I have to know though, are you gay? Because, I have asked my cousin and a couple of gay friends after seeing this post and they thought it was funny and none of them thought it was slander or discrimatory. One actually said I'd scream if there was a naked women in my shower. If you aren't gay and actual gay people aren't offended then I don't get why you are. If you are gay though and you're offended so be it take is as a joke grow so thicker skin and make a joke back. I'm sure Spikes would laugh it off

[/QUOTE]

Your missing his whole point, he's sending a message to gay players not to take a shower if he's in there after a game, it's simple!

[/QUOTE]

and further, making sure no gay person is allowed to be a pro football player (becasue even if hiding in a closet, which casues a very dysfunctional and also psyhcologically dysfunctional life; they coudl be outed at any time) because his teammates would make an incredible deal out of it.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To all you sensative Sally's out there....relax will ya?!!?? The quote was hysterical! 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. America is breeding generations of pansies.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I'd scream if I saw Spikes in my bathtub.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

He can tweet whatever he wants as long as he keeps knocking the sh_t out of players like in the recent games----BTW whatever happened to "FREEDOM OF SPEECH"--does it ring a "BELL"---no pun intended?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to harleyroadking12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

lol people need to chill out...he wrote in the context of a joke....com'on man

[/QUOTE]

i am finding the comments here, and brandon spikes cover (it was a joke) more offensive than him admitting he is homophobic.

[/QUOTE]

Bred so you are offended that someone is a homophobic? So you are discriminating against homophobics huh. I guess you don't think it's right to be straight? How is a guy who is stating his sexual preference and in no way slandering homosexuals and admits he has NOTHING against them offensive? He didn't make a comment towards them in any negative fashion and did not tell people to be afraid of them in any way shape or form other then his personal feelings. If you find this offensive I mean seriously what don't you find offensive? This is clearly a case of people looking into something that isn't there.

BTW Spikes stole this from a british comedian but the joke is to long for tweeter. The whole joke is "I'm not homophobic... well I guess I'm homophobic in the way I'm a arachnophobic. If I saw either a spider or a gay man in my tub I'd scream". That joke in no way puts down gay people in any sense of the word and if you are straight I think would ring true to any straight person. I have plenty of gay friends and a cousin that is gay, I'm not homophobic but I have a couple of rules. If a gay guy hits on me I simply say I'm straight I'm not interested but if the guy continues, grabs me, or shows up in my tub I'm going to freak out. If you find it offensive that a straight person would freak about a gay person jumping in their tub then you really need to assess if you've swung past the realm of discrimination and are now discriminating yourself

25. This post has been removed.