Brandon Tate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

Brandon Tate

He was a decent reciever in college don't forget would have been a 1st-round draft pick if it wasn't for the knee injury his senior year and the failed drug test

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Brandon Tate

I think part of the decision in letting Moss move on was that NE thinks this kid is indeed dangerous enough to "take the top off the defense."

Whether he has the knack for getting the ball is another question, but his speed (4.3 40 yard) is prototypical, and he has tremendous hands. But Moss's greatest asset in the open field was the way he would use his body intelligently to fake and shield defenders away from the ball.

I thought coming out that he would have a ceiling as an Issac Bruce, Joey Galloway, James Lofton type deep threat, who won't get you a bunch of TDs, but will move the chains and keep safeties off of runners. Let's hope he can reach that ceiling quickly.

Moss's other advantage was his height, which isn't a big advantage in the deep passing game, but made him lethal in the endzone/possession game (too bad he was too shy of contact to go over the middle).

I think NE is convinced that Gronk can fill that role too.

Tate might never score 17 TDs. And Gronk won't get 1700 yards. But if the two of them can reach those numbers together, it will make up for the production and force the defense to cover two players instead of one player, and a junk blocking TE who can't catch like Kyle Brady.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from grego84. Show grego84's posts

good post zb

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Thanks. Let's hope he can come close to that ceiling and doesn't become another Bethel Johnson who can return kicks, but can never apply that to the offensive phase.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

Thanks for the tate highlights.

Dare I say they looked like some I have seen from Moss' college days?  I think Tate can and will be a deep threat.  One with a good attitude.  Moss lost me with that beeotch punk move he pulled after the first game.  That was disgusting.  Come to think of it he lost me in the off season when he said "we all know the patriots don't pay".  I'm sick of that cracker.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Tate:
    [QUOTE]I think part of the decision in letting Moss move on was that NE thinks this kid is indeed dangerous enough to "take the top off the defense."Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

absolutly, tate is going to be dangerous, plus have to veterans in welker and branch undeneath will help out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks. Let's hope he can come close to that ceiling and doesn't become another Bethel Johnson who can return kicks, but can never apply that to the offensive phase.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Technically he has already shown more, but he hasn't tried to go deep yet which Bethal could do; however, with Moss gone he will now get his opportunities... possible as early as sunday.  I'd like to see them at least try  once. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I don't think even Moss could repeat his record here even if he was staying. There are just to many weapons now to make it just the Moss/Welker show. Tate will get earn his TD's in time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks. Let's hope he can come close to that ceiling and doesn't become another Bethel Johnson who can return kicks, but can never apply that to the offensive phase.

It is a good post Z, I feel that Tate has already surpassed Bethel J. His 11(or 12) catches playing behind Moss on 13 (14) targets tell me that he makes plays when they are available. I think Tate will be a 55 catch plus guy when the season is over. Not bad for a legit rookie season.(1 gm 09) He is a piece of the puzzle. Its a cliche but true. Brady is going to lead the league in completion % and QB rating on his way to a deep playoff run....How are the Patriots underrated???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I honestly don't know what Tate is going to do. My hunch is somewhere between excellent deep threat and total failure on offense. 

But I do think NE will have him running some of Moss's routes Sunday and beyond.

What is it? 30% is a good completion percentage on deep stabs? 

So I think two to three tries should be good to keep the defense honest, and give this kid a chance to make one of the circus catches he built his name off of at UNC.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Tate was a spectacular reciever in college...he was new to it as he was mostly a feared return man but when given the chance he was a stud reciever & would have been a 1st rounder had he not got hurt(& of course the off field issue)...Pats got a steal with this guy...Brady already has been raving about him all through training camp....gonna pay big dividens this year....
    Taylor Price can now have the luxury of learning from Welker,Branch & Tate as well as being directed by the best QB in the league...Taylor has SICK speed & soft hands, he just needs a year to learn the system & develop his skill sets...I'm LOVING our deep threat potential...has the potential to be like Morgan & Jackson on the outside next year....not sure if they will even try to after A.J.Green or Jones in the upcomming draft....Talent is here but having a 6'4" stud like Green in addition to all these guys would be fine by me!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Tate's got the goods.  If he develops into a legit consistent deep threat, fine.  If not, he has already demonstrated that he can and will go after the intermdediate stuff with effectiveness.  Excellent speed, good hands, intense and willing to learn: what more could we ask?  Love his chances.

Haven't seen much of Price but I am enthusiastic about the potential this kid is reported to have. 

Pats have an excellent receiving corps, particularly with the reacquisition of Branch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I think we are stacked at wr. Welker, Tate to go with Gronk and Hernandez , who is a beast, Branch is icing on the top. I think he will prove people wrong and have solid numbers. He always had chemistry with Brady. Edelman has the tools he just has to get healthy and Price will learn and step up when they think he is ready. The surprise to the league will be Tate. He is a 1st round pick if he doesn't get hurt. When we took him in thre 3rd round( Think 3rd) people where murdering us.............

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I honestly don't know what Tate is going to do. My hunch is somewhere between excellent deep threat and total failure on offense.

I thought that statement was funny Laughing
    It's a safe statement to make anyway.  It's be nice to see Tate continue to progress. One concern is health - I recall he has hurt the knee more than once.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I think that Tate will be a better route runner then Randy. Take it easy people I'm not saying a better player, but a route runner. Randy is basically a deep burner. He had little interest in going across the middle(can't blame him for that) but Tate has had a few GREAT 15-20 yard posts. He also has the ability to stop on the dime. Even in preseason I saw some of this. I like the idea of Tate being a David Givens type guy. Not in terms of skill sets but a guy that gets a lot of 15-20 yard targets and moves the chains. Branch and Welker will work the slot and crossing patterns. From what I have seen I think Tate runs good routes(which the team has talked about recently) has very good hands (11rec on 14 targets) and has top end speed to take it to the house. All good skills to possess when Tom Brady is your QB.

Anyway I guess my point is that I do not think Tate will be limited to being a field stretcher and occasional deep ball receiver. I think he will be more important then we know and I absolutely think he made it easier to pull the Moss deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]tate should be, and already is far past david givens in ability. there is`nt any comparison. tate is a natural. he`s as gifted as they come, plus he`s smart, loves to work hard at his craft, and has that 'special something' which will make him an NFL star, no matter how he is used.  all of that from his old college coach at NC..thank you very much.
    Posted by koft[/QUOTE]

David Givens caught over 30 passes for 1st downs in a row one year. I will give you that tate may have more natural ability but I will not say he is a better player then Givens was in this offense...yet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

As a very rough estimate, one 15 yard first down made on your own side of the field is worth about 1 more point on the scoreboard.  When the offense gets into field goal or touchdown range the multiple first downs start turning into real points. 

Tate goes across the middle and up the seams.  He's just as fast deep as Moss, but then he hits the brakes with great lateral explosion and he gets the first down, or perhaps he gets seven yards on first down.  Every first down or second and short is another couple of chances for Brady and group to wear the defense down some more.  Tate is a guy that will pick up those points and in addition he will burn long for 7 occasionally. 

Moss would so regularly run deep that opponents would regularly line up deep, and that made the opponent's defense easier in general.  Otherwise, Moss would run an out, which is safe, or would catch the ball in the backfield and slant five yards forward and out of bounds.  With half the branches pared from the route tree, defenders knew which way to lean.  Moss picked up some long points, at great expense if you count all of the long interceptions and the long incompletes, but he didn't pick enough short points up.

BB loves 20 play touchdown drives.  They win games. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brandon Tate : David Givens caught over 30 passes for 1st downs in a row one year. I will give you that tate may have more natural ability but I will not say he is a better player then Givens was in this offense...yet.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Givens was also a fairly physical receiver. Not sure if we've seen Tate fight for a ball yet. Still too early...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

He wont be Moss, no one will but he looks like he will be able to produce at a decent level. He has the speed to be a deep threat, give him some time and I believe he will be that vaunted deep threat that we now lack.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brandon Tate : Givens was also a fairly physical receiver. Not sure if we've seen Tate fight for a ball yet. Still too early...
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'll take Givens in a wrestling match....but my original point was that while their skill sets are different I think tate will be just as good of a possession receiver as he is a deep threat. I would look for more 12-15 yard catches then 20-25 yard catches. Although I could be completely wrong...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

I hope you guys are not hoping that Tate replaces Moss.  This is a guy who has not caught one touchdown in the NFL and yet people are already hoping he replaces a legend.

If Tate gives us 25% of what  Moss gave us,  i'd take that. It's silly to expect anything more.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Spetznaz, I dont think anyone thinks tate is going to be Moss or actually replace him in terms of production.  I think it is more of a who gets his spot. I think tate gets that spot, will eventually stretch the field a bit too.  Do I ever see Moss like #s from him? nope, but I do see 55-60 catches this year and maybe 70-80 next year assuming he is healthy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]I hope you guys are not hoping that Tate replaces Moss.  This is a guy who has not caught one touchdown in the NFL and yet people are already hoping he replaces a legend. If Tate gives us 25% of what  Moss gave us,  i'd take that. It's silly to expect anything more.
    Posted by Spetznaz24[/QUOTE]

Somebody has to play split out wide... right? 

Tate is the guy, no he hasn't caught a touchdown but he has returned a bunch of kicks for TD's, he was a machine in college his junior year, had he not come back for his senior year and blow out his knee he may have been the first WR taken overall. 

And please don't anyone say "Chad Jackson," Jackson was never this productive, not in college or even compared to Tates short stint in the Pros he just put on an impressive combine showing, Tate actually produced...