Brandon Tate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Brandon Tate

Will he be activated when PUP is up?  He could provide a lift in the return game and potentially offer some competition for Galloway as 3rd receiver.  Watching Leon Washington return every kickoff past the 40 shows how much of a lift a good KR can give a struggling offense.  Never thought Ellis Hobbs would be missed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

Re: Brandon Tate

I don't think they expect him to play this year.  

I was thinking that they definitely have some potential with the young WR's on the team.  Tate, Nunn and Edelman

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Nunn is a stud. Inexperienced relative to galloway but Id rather have him start. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Brandon Tate:
    [QUOTE]Will he be activated when PUP is up?  He could provide a lift in the return game and potentially offer some competition for Galloway as 3rd receiver.  Watching Leon Washington return every kickoff past the 40 shows how much of a lift a good KR can give a struggling offense.  Never thought Ellis Hobbs would be missed.
    Posted by BSII[/QUOTE]

He was a big play guy in college (6 return TDs, 20.1 yards per catch and 8 TD's, 11.9 yards per rush and 2 TD's) with limited touches, so there is the potential for him to add some value in the return game and for plays designed to get the ball in his hands (assuming he's 100% recovered from his knee injury).  I don't see him being a fulltime 3rd receiver this year though based on lack or reps.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Did anyone notice the remarkable coincidence of his locker room appearance after a loss when the O did nothing? Brilliant PR. Since when does an inactive Pats rookie get to talk to the media?

Fear not, ye faithful, a(nother) dynamic rookie WR is on the way :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Tate:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Brandon Tate : He was a big play guy in college (6 return TDs, 20.1 yards per catch and 8 TD's, 11.9 yards per rush and 2 TD's) with limited touches, so there is the potential for him to add some value in the return game and for plays designed to get the ball in his hands (assuming he's 100% recovered from his knee injury).  I don't see him being a fulltime 3rd receiver this year though based on lack or reps.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]
    We need him NOW. Galloway has been a real dud thus far although edleman shows promise.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Christopher99. Show Christopher99's posts

New Offensive Coordinator

Hire Mike Shanahan....Offense is the problem...no play calling, no proper preparartion, no proper blcking- when did we have a running game last- ?  2004...Hire Shanahan t run the offense- he and Belicheck get along- BB can fix the D- Shanahan the O- Kraft owes it to the fans

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: New Offensive Coordinator

In Response to New Offensive Coordinator:
    [QUOTE]Hire Mike Shanahan....Offense is the problem...no play calling, no proper preparartion, no proper blcking- when did we have a running game last- ?  2004...Hire Shanahan t run the offense- he and Belicheck get along- BB can fix the D- Shanahan the O- Kraft owes it to the fans
    Posted by Christopher99[/QUOTE]

I do agree that they may need an upgrade in offensive coaching talent, you can't expect continuity every year when you continue to loose quality OC's(Weis, McDaniels etc) .  I'd love to see them get an established guy with a track record of success like Mark Whipple from the U, to run the show offensively.  He has NFL experience with Pittsburgh/Pittsburgh and ties to the northeast winning a national title at UMass.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Good article about Tate in the Herald today.  He says he has the playbook down, feels good physically, and is ready to go.  My guess is that he is activated sometime between the 7th and 9th games of the season.  

If anyone has time, check out this highlight compilation of Tate at UNC.  The guy is seriously explosive.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Well for years all anyone wanted to do to Ellis Hobbs was sh*t all over this guy and the job he did. Thats it, people hated him and over and over again all we saw was "cut him" "trade him" "he cant play" and now he is gone and you want to complain that we have no kick returner? we had one! we had one of the best! and we traded him for a 5th round pick! Hobbs was worht a roster spot for his ST play alone. He played hurt, he played with heart and he was a Patriot through and through but all anyoen wanted to do was dogg this kid. Maroney will do fine as a kick returner but dont cry about Leon Washington because we had Hobbs and we let him go for almost nothing.