Breakdown of Playoff Picture

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Breakdown of Playoff Picture

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/11/29/road-to-north-jersey-ten-questions-as-nfl-playoff-chase-heats-up/

10. ENOUGH WITH THE QUESTIONS, PRICE — WHO’S GOING TO MAKE THE POSTSEASON?

In the AFC, it’s going to be: 1) Broncos. 2) Patriots 3) Colts 4) Bengals 5) Chiefs 6) Ravens.

In the NFC, it’s going to be: 1) Seahawks 2) Saints 3) Cowboys 4) Lions 5) Panthers 6) Niners.

Who's favored to win it all?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Re: Breakdown of Playoff Picture

If they make it that far I like TB and Pats in cold snowy windy Metlife Stadium

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'm not sure that the Broncos can hang on to their #1 slot.

The Broncos played an amazing 170 snaps on Monday night and into Tuesday, until about 12:25 a.m.  Then I assume that they took the redeye 2000 miles home, probably pulling in at 6:00 a.m.  The team got whacked around pretty badly in New England.  Then they have to play on a short week at Arrowhead Stadium. 

This raises the question of whether the Chiefs can hang on to their #1 slot.  They aren't quite the Broncos.  Their two away games against divisional rivals are the best chance at a loss, also Indy at home.

The Patriots are tired too, but at least they're playing a team that couldn't beat the Jacksonville Jaguars last week.  My guess is that they'll put Soap in at nose to counter Houston's great center, and that they'll double team J.J. Watt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

I see three teams as possible SB winners: Broncos, Seahawks, and the Patriots.

In the NFC I see Seattle win over the Saints this week, and more or less secure homefield. That makes them the safest bet to go to New Jersey in February. The AFC is a lot more open, but neither the Bengals, Ravens, or the Colts are for real this season. The Chiefs are going to drop a game or two more down the road, and wont win twice on the road against Broncos and the Patriots.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/11/29/road-to-north-jersey-ten-questions-as-nfl-playoff-chase-heats-up/

In the AFC, it’s going to be: 1) Broncos. 2) Patriots 3) Colts 4) Bengals 5) Chiefs 6) Ravens.

In the NFC, it’s going to be: 1) Seahawks 2) Saints 3) Cowboys 4) Lions 5) Panthers 6) Niners.

[/QUOTE]

The 6th spot in the AFC is up for grabs. Ravens are a game ahead of Jets, Steelers, Dolphins, Titans and Chargers. Hard to know who makes it off that list. If the Patriots have to go through Denver, that would be tough. Otherwise, The Patriots would be the favorites to make it to the SuperBowl.

The NFC is a complete crap-shoot for the playoffs. Seattle is a Jekyll and Hyde team. If the Niners or Lions face them in the second round, it would not shock me if the underdogs come out ahead. If that happens, either the Niners or the Lions would be favorites for making it to the SuperBowl. The Lions' defense is awesome, especially up front. They could be the team that gives the Patriots or Broncos trouble. The rest of the NFC playoff teams are going to have a difficult time with either of the them.

My prediction: Patriots over Lions 21-17.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In the AFC, it’s going to be: 1) Patriots. 2) Chiefs 3) Bengals 4) Colts 5) Broncos 6) Ravens.

In the NFC, it’s going to be: 1) Seahawks 2) Panthers 3) Cowboys 4) Lions 5) Saints 6) Cardinals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

The 6th spot in the AFC is up for grabs. Ravens are a game ahead of Jets, Steelers, Dolphins, Titans and Chargers. Hard to know who makes it off that list. If the Patriots have to go through Denver, that would be tough. Otherwise, The Patriots would be the favorites to make it to the SuperBowl.

The NFC is a complete crap-shoot for the playoffs. Seattle is a Jekyll and Hyde team. If the Niners or Lions face them in the second round, it would not shock me if the underdogs come out ahead. If that happens, either the Niners or the Lions would be favorites for making it to the SuperBowl. The Lions' defense is awesome, especially up front. They could be the team that gives the Patriots or Broncos trouble. The rest of the NFC playoff teams are going to have a difficult time with either of the them.

My prediction: Patriots over Lions 21-17.

Interesting pick with Detroit, but I see where you are coming from. Personally, if Seattle gets the 1 seed, I think they go to the Super Bowl...they are very tough to beat at home.

The 6 seed in the AFC is such a mess right now that I think it is hard to judge for a few more weeks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

4 teams to me are Super Bowl worthy. Pats, Broncos, Saints & Seahawks. The 49ers are borderline contender dpends on what Crabtree  can bring to their O. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I don't like anybody for that #6 AFC seed. 

San Diego is the best team of the bunch with an 8.4 rating but they have the toughest schedule.  Tennessee's next three games will be tough.  Baltimore has a tough schedule and they're a pretty bad 7-9 team.  The New York Jets grade out at 4.2 wins out of 16 if they started anew right now -- they're horrid.  I'll give Miami the nod because their only really tough game is at home against the Patriots.  However, they're playing like a 7-9 team.  In short, the door is open for a team with seven losses to step on the gas and take the #6 seed with a 9-7 record.  That includes Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Cleveland.  Of this bunch Pittsburgh is the only one with even a 7-9 power rating.  Oakland is about as good as San Diego but they have eight losses already so they're microscopic.

I say, give it to Jacksonville. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Where's the Jets and Giants?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

golf course

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO if your not a NY er

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In the NFC I see Seattle win over the Saints this week, and more or less secure homefield. That makes them the safest bet to go to New Jersey in February. The AFC is a lot more open, but neither the Bengals, Ravens, or the Colts are for real this season. The Chiefs are going to drop a game or two more down the road, and wont win twice on the road against Broncos and the Patriots.

[/QUOTE]

Manning outdoors in the Meadowlands in February winning a football game.......lol, not happening.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

LMAO if your not a NY er

I'm a downeast Mainah.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I don't know if they make the dance, but Buffalo will finish no worse than 8-8. They're 4-7, next three are ATL at home, at TPA and JAX, then MIA at home and the Pats in Foxboro in a game that could be meaningless to the Pats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

4 teams to me are Super Bowl worthy. Pats, Broncos, Saints & Seahawks. The 49ers are borderline contender dpends on what Crabtree  can bring to their O. 

[/QUOTE]

Saints are pretenders.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DanishPastry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Manning outdoors in the Meadowlands in February winning a football game.......lol, not happening.

[/QUOTE]

Seriously.  Have these people been living under a rock the past 13 years?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

golf course

[/QUOTE]

the golf course open that time of year in NJ or NY.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

#2 is looking good!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Pats just have to win out and hope for a Denver loss and we're good. The NFC West will represent the NFC in the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

[QUOTE]LMAO if your not a NY er
    [/QUOTE]
    I'm a downeast Mainah.

[/QUOTE]

I was'nt referring to you Digger - I was referring to the handful of NY fans that like to post on here because NO Ones posting on NY boards with the seasons the Gmen and Jets are having!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

BTW Digger -- the wife and I moved to Boise ID 3 years ago from Rockport ME,(4 Years there), -wife worked at Pen BAY Hospital as RN,  my Dads lived in Rangely for 30 years. We are originally from Middleboro MA

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you nailed it other than the Panthers have a chance to take the Division causing the  Saints to land in the wild card game since they're only a game behind and they play them twice in the last 4 games?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Worst case scenerio for the Pats would be to land the 3rd seed and have to face the Ravens in week one then on the road to Indy  and lastly Broncos/KC/Cinci, ----2nd seed is important for the Pats ---if They,(Pats), lose 1 more game the Pats need Cinci and the Colts to lose 1 more to secure the BYE!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

I

[/QUOTE]

If that is how it ends up, I'll call this now ... Denver doesn't beat the Bengals or the Cheifs ... even at home. Not in cold/bad weather. Not against those defenses. I know it sounds crazy given taht Denver just beat KC twice ... but it changes.