Breakdown of Playoff Picture

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Re: Breakdown of Playoff Picture

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/11/29/road-to-north-jersey-ten-questions-as-nfl-playoff-chase-heats-up/

10. ENOUGH WITH THE QUESTIONS, PRICE — WHO’S GOING TO MAKE THE POSTSEASON?

In the AFC, it’s going to be: 1) Broncos. 2) Patriots 3) Colts 4) Bengals 5) Chiefs 6) Ravens.

In the NFC, it’s going to be: 1) Seahawks 2) Saints 3) Cowboys 4) Lions 5) Panthers 6) Niners.

Who's favored to win it all?

I

[/QUOTE]

If that is how it ends up, I'll call this now ... Denver doesn't beat the Bengals or the Cheifs ... even at home. Not in cold/bad weather. Not against those defenses. I know it sounds crazy given taht Denver just beat KC twice ... but it changes. 

[/QUOTE]

Z

I hope you are right because there is no place in the NFL that I dread more than playing at Denver. Ever since the Elway days most teams have been burned there. Since the Kraft era it is the only stadium the Pats have a losing record at. And the only team Brady has a losing record against. I'd say I'm traumatized by the thought of it! The bright side is the Pats would have the opportunity to face their demons there and we all need to do that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Worst case scenerio for the Pats would be to land the 3rd seed and have to face the Ravens in week one then on the road to Indy  and lastly Broncos/KC/Cinci, ----2nd seed is important for the Pats ---if They,(Pats), lose 1 more game the Pats need Cinci and the Colts to lose 1 more to secure the BYE!

[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that the Bengals and Colts play each other this weekend in Cincy, so one of them will lose. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I think Miami actually has a decent chance to get the 6 seed. I know that Baltimore beat them (so the Ravens hold the tie breaker), but Miami has a much easier schedule than Baltimore, IMO.

Miami - @ Pit, vs NE, @ Buf, vs NYJ

Baltimore - vs Min, @ Detroit, vs NE, @Cin

If Miami can win 3 out of those 4 games, I think they have a decent chance because Baltimore could go 2-2 in their last 4, IMO.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/11/29/road-to-north-jersey-ten-questions-as-nfl-playoff-chase-heats-up/

10. ENOUGH WITH THE QUESTIONS, PRICE — WHO’S GOING TO MAKE THE POSTSEASON?

In the AFC, it’s going to be: 1) Broncos. 2) Patriots 3) Colts 4) Bengals 5) Chiefs 6) Ravens.

In the NFC, it’s going to be: 1) Seahawks 2) Saints 3) Cowboys 4) Lions 5) Panthers 6) Niners.

Who's favored to win it all?

I

[/QUOTE]

If that is how it ends up, I'll call this now ... Denver doesn't beat the Bengals or the Cheifs ... even at home. Not in cold/bad weather. Not against those defenses. I know it sounds crazy given taht Denver just beat KC twice ... but it changes. 

[/QUOTE]

Any given Sunday...especially in the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Miami actually has a decent chance to get the 6 seed. I know that Baltimore beat them (so the Ravens hold the tie breaker), but Miami has a much easier schedule than Baltimore, IMO.

If Miami can win 3 out of those 4 games, I think they have a decent chance because Baltimore could go 2-2 in their last 4, IMO.

[/QUOTE]

Agree -- I could see Baltimore losing 2 and Miami only losing 1 more -- to us most likely --the Pitts burgh game is big for them --if they get the W there I see the only loss being to the Pats --where Ravens @ Lions  Pats and lastly @ Cinci are all possible loses UNLESS the Cinci game means nothing then it's a gimme for the Ravens--will be interesting for sure down the stretch? Man does Denver have a cake walk last 4 games!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

AFC in order - Broncos, Pats, Bengals, Colts, Chiefs, Dolphins

NFC in order - Seahawks, Saints, Cowboys, Lions, Panthers, Lions

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

If we are hoping for the 2 seed, then it would be a great help if the Colts could beat the Bengals this week. The Pats are only up 1 game on them and Cincy wins the tiebreaker. Unfortunately, I think the Bengals win that game.

Hey TFB, you posted the Lions twice. Typo? Lol. I'm guessing you meant 49ers as the 6?

I agree with your AFC seeding though^^

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]

Agree -- I could see Baltimore losing 2 and Miami only losing 1 more -- to us most likely --the Pitts burgh game is big for them --if they get the W there I see the only loss being to the Pats --where Ravens @ Lions  Pats and lastly @ Cinci are all possible loses UNLESS the Cinci game means nothing then it's a gimme for the Ravens--will be interesting for sure down the stretch? Man does Denver have a cake walk last 4 games!

[/QUOTE]

Thaose are basically my thoughts. IMO, the Ravens will go 2-2 at best in their last 4. I think they have the potential to lose 3, as their last 3 games are no cake walks. Keep in mind that if Cincy gets the 3 seed, that game vs Baltimore could mean something because they could potentially knock out Baltimore and face a team like Miami instead.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If we are hoping for the 2 seed, then it would be a great help if the Colts could beat the Bengals this week. The Pats are only up 1 game on them and Cincy wins the tiebreaker. Unfortunately, I think the Bengals win that game.

Hey TFB, you posted the Lions twice. Typo? Lol. I'm guessing you meant 49ers as the 6?

[/QUOTE]

assuming that we win out, we have the #2 seed. i think we can get the number 1 seed if Denver loses one game (and the Broncos end up with the same record as KC)

[/QUOTE]

The 1 seed is a possibility, but I just can't see it. Denver's last 4 games are a joke. They're at home against the Titans and Chargers and on the road against the Texans and Raiders. IMO the only team on that list that has a slight chance of beating Denver is San Diego, but seeing as that is a home game for Denver, it is highly unlikely.

I know the whole "any given Sunday" thing, and I hope I am wrong, but I just can't see it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]

The 1 seed is a possibility, but I just can't see it. Denver's last 4 games are a joke. They're at home against the Titans and Chargers and on the road against the Texans and Raiders. IMO the only team on that list that has a slight chance of beating Denver is San Diego, but seeing as that is a home game for Denver, it is highly unlikely.

I know the whole "any given Sunday" thing, and I hope I am wrong, but I just can't see it.

me neither...so, I'm happy w/ the Patriots at #2. just gotta take care of business and win out

[/QUOTE]

Very true. All the Pats can do is win out and hope for the best. They control their own seeding at this point.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

assuming that we win out, we have the #2 seed. i think we can get the number 1 seed if Denver loses one game (and the Broncos end up with the same record as KC)

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree - Denver losing with that remaining schedule is highly unlikely--that being said if the Pats lose to Ravens or Dolphins they will nedd the Bengals and Colts to lose 1 EACH for the 2nd seed because the Pats aint losing to the Browns and Bills at Home!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Worst scenerio is for the Pats to land in the 3 seed and have to face the Ravens then on the road for two games most likely against Cinci and Denver--that would be a difficult task?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Seahawks and KC Chiefs in Superbowl, imo.  Pats one and done - no D!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to SilverSun's comment:

At least you are consistent. The reality is the Pats could go one and done or they could win the super bowl. The odds are about the same. The field is that wide open.

By the way, did you watch the recent Denver/Patriots game? The Patriots were down 24-0 and came back to win. That doesn't happen without a defense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The bengals need to beat the colts or they could end up being a wild card and the ravens the division winner. Andy dalton can put up a stinker no matter how good the D plays so the bengals could shake things up

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

BTW Digger -- the wife and I moved to Boise ID 3 years ago from Rockport ME,(4 Years there), -wife worked at Pen BAY Hospital as RN,  my Dads lived in Rangely for 30 years. We are originally from Middleboro MA

Nice! Rockport is a beautiful coastal town. I have been to Rangely many times to see my kids play them in soccer and basketball games. I always enjoyed that two hour ride, especially in the fall. The mountain foliage is stunning.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Seahawks and KC Chiefs in Superbowl, imo.  Pats one and done - no D!
    [/QUOTE]
    At least you are consistent. The reality is the Pats could go one and done or they could win the super bowl. The odds are about the same. The field is that wide open.

By the way, did you watch the recent Denver/Patriots game? The Patriots were down 24-0 and came back to win. That doesn't happen without a defense.

[/QUOTE]

The offensive turnovers sure didn't help that game.  The defense did a decent job the second half.

[/QUOTE]

The defense gave up 17 points to Gomer and Co. over 5 quarters of play.  They played better than decent.

The run D still concerns me, though.  Obviously the game plan was to make them run and don't let Peyton beat you, but giving up 250+ to Knowshon is troubling.  I think I would rather a weaker run D as opposed to a weak pass D like years past, heading into the playoffs. 

The Pats have as good of a shot as anyone, especially with how well the offense is rounding into form.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not trying to be rude Silver but can u mail me some of the Hooch you're smoking --that would be killa--I can see Seattle but KC in the Bowl -- I have a better chance of bedding Toms wife!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]BTW Digger -- the wife and I moved to Boise ID 3 years ago from Rockport ME,(4 Years there), -wife worked at Pen BAY Hospital as RN,  my Dads lived in Rangely for 30 years. We are originally from Middleboro MA
    [/QUOTE]
    Nice! Rockport is a beautiful coastal town. I have been to Rangely many times to see my kids play them in soccer and basketball games. I always enjoyed that two hour ride, especially in the fall. The mountain foliage is stunning.

[/QUOTE]

Right on brother my dad worked at Sarges Pub and Grub for years - if your their stop by the Pub and tell Duck and Jamie that Shane Libby said HI--they'll probably buy you a beer?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

it will be tough for the Patriots to hold onto the #2 seed.  Bengals are hot, Patriots are on the ropes with injuries.  Their most likely loss will be the Ravens.  Interestingly, if the playoffs started today - the Bengals would play the Ravens - and the Patriots would play the winner of that game.  The Patriots don't match up well against either team.