Breaking News! Dennard found guilty.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Re: Breaking News! Dennard found guilty.

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

98.5 had a reporter from Nebraska on to talk about it. Apparently, the area he was in is full of college students in the bars. She said it's really gotten out of control with them pucking, urinating, and fighting after the bars close amd the city wants it stopped.  She said three other trials like his were going on at the same time. So the city has a problem, too bad he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I believe that's called "Lack of Judgement" on his behalf. He's on the precipice of signing a good to decent NFL contract, and not only risked being in a situation that is well-known to be bad by the police, AND it's at 2 AM, closing time, when good things NEVER happen. Good judgement would be to go to the establishment and get out well before closing time. Why couldn't his friends and family, whoever they were (seriously doubt if parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles were in attendance), could have hosted something in a private home or smaller/less visible to the public eye establishment.

Booze makes people do strange things out of character, especially at closing time, when the good time comes to an abrupt stop. It makes the smallest guy in the room feel confident enough to take on the biggest guy. It makes people feel compelled to interject themselves into other people's situations. It makes you feel like you can jump faster or run higher (not a typo; it clouds reality). It makes you absolved of any personally responsibility. It makes you feel that only YOU can right a perceived wrong. It emboldens you to take matters into your own hands. Good judgement in these cases of dealing with an unknown person, under sober conditions, would have you just walk away, not knowing anything about him, especially if the stranger has a weapon of any kind. If you're an athlete on the verge of making a ton of money for the first time, walking away would be the reasonable and prudent thing to do. After doing so, letting a cop know what was potentially going to happen would also be a sound thing to do, not knowing if the other guy would be going off on someone else. Just simply staying out of a situation like this is the onlky sure fire way of not getting involved in a potential mess.

Dennard put himself into it, admitted he hit the other guy and resisted arrest. The video shows him hitting the cop, and he was convicted by a jury of his peers. Yes, it is sad, but the whole thing could have been avoided by Dennard if he used good judgement. With 100% assurance, you will never get off with hitting a cop while the cop is on duty doing his job.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

In response to bredbru's comment:

Sorry I'm of the camp he probably did it, the cops kind of screwed up the case and everyone wants it to go away. They probably did plea down. The DA won and that's what matters. Think of that would happen in a college town if Dennard won.

now if goodell is smart he will have a private meeting and a hand slap. After all villma played. I think goodell wants it to go away too 

he went ot trial on all the orignal charges. that is not pleaing down.

When he took the stand in his defense, Dennard admitted to resisting arrest and also to hitting Samani in the chest. He insisted he did not intentionally punch Kopsa.

an admission of guilt to get a reduced sentence/fine is pleading down. The DA will not recommend a sentence.

Also, the "chest" contact with Sami was Dennard's shoulder in a crowd. Not defending it, but barring that being intentional, it really isn't warranted for an arrest of Dennard. The cop was looking for the person who coldcocked Sami, after Dennard and Sami bumped into one another.

Keep deluding yourself Russ - or read.  Samani testified that he was "shouldered by Dennard and then Dennard hit him in the chest.  I don't know why you keep denying this when the testimony is in print and has been provided directly to you by me.  Here, I'll do it again.  From the Globe:

According to the Lincoln (Neb.) Journal Star, Ben Samani, a 22-year-old student at the University of Nebraska, testified Thursday that Dennard “shouldered” him as the two crossed O Street in opposite directions as the area’s bars were letting out for the night.

Dennard was a standout for the Cornhuskers and was reportedly celebrating on the night of the incident, just days before he was to be selected in the NFL draft.

“My first reaction was to push off [Dennard],” Samani said.

The cornerback swung at Samani, punching him in the chest, but he said it wasn’t a hard punch.

Initially Samani said he didn’t feel any pain, but later testified that he felt slight pain that lasted just a couple of seconds. Samani said right after Dennard’s punch he was blindsided by someone else, who is unknown at this point, which left him with a bloody mouth and three of his teeth pushed back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:

So you guys have no problem with a convicted felon on the Pats?  My bet is the Pats cut him.

As for no jail time?  Are you serious.  Felony assualt on a police officer is not going to get probation.

No, if he was in college and it does sound like the facts were a little shaky at best for the cops side, I think he can stay.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Sorry I'm of the camp he probably did it, the cops kind of screwed up the case and everyone wants it to go away. They probably did plea down. The DA won and that's what matters. Think of that would happen in a college town if Dennard won.

now if goodell is smart he will have a private meeting and a hand slap. After all villma played. I think goodell wants it to go away too 

When he took the stand in his defense, Dennard admitted to resisting arrest and also to hitting Samani in the chest. He insisted he did not intentionally punch Kopsa.

an admission of guilt to get a reduced sentence/fine is pleading down. The DA will not recommend a sentence.

Also, the "chest" contact with Sami was Dennard's shoulder in a crowd. Not defending it, but barring that being intentional, it really isn't warranted for an arrest of Dennard. The cop was looking for the person who coldcocked Sami, after Dennard and Sami bumped into one another.

Keep deluding yourself Russ - or read.  Samani testified that he was "shouldered by Dennard and then Dennard hit him in the chest.  I don't know why you keep denying this when the testimony is in print and has been provided directly to you by me.  Here, I'll do it again.  From the Globe:

According to the Lincoln (Neb.) Journal Star, Ben Samani, a 22-year-old student at the University of Nebraska, testified Thursday that Dennard “shouldered” him as the two crossed O Street in opposite directions as the area’s bars were letting out for the night.

Dennard was a standout for the Cornhuskers and was reportedly celebrating on the night of the incident, just days before he was to be selected in the NFL draft.

The cornerback swung at Samani, punching him in the chest, but he said it wasn’t a hard punch.

Initially Samani said he didn’t feel any pain, but later testified that he felt slight pain that lasted just a couple of seconds. Samani said right after Dennard’s punch he was blindsided by someone else, who is unknown at this point, which left him with a bloody mouth and three of his teeth pushed back.

Ok, well, sorry, I don't consider some pushing to be "assault". Or "running into" someone. Someone else coldcocked Sami.

I'd prefer the police get the right guy instead of settling for the two who collided in a crowd. Takes two to tango.  Sami initiated the contact, Dennard reacted.  It still doesn't get the guy who coldcocked Sami.

Wow, Samani's testimony was a little bit different than you were running around saying yesterday - to listen to you, these two (Dennard and Samani) were just two kids that accidently brushed up against eachother.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"I am glad I don't know what a hobbit sized hands would be.  My, are you a dork."

I wouldn't expect a window licker to read books, let alone Tolkien.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

According to the Lincoln (Neb.) Journal Star, Ben Samani, a 22-year-old student at the University of Nebraska, testified Thursday that Dennard â€ÂÂÂÂœshouldered” him as the two crossed O Street in opposite directions as the area’s bars were letting out for the night.

â€ÂÂÂÂœMy first reaction was to push off [Dennard],” Samani said.

Ok, well, sorry, I don't consider some pushing to be "assault". Or "running into" someone. Someone else coldcocked Sami.

I'd prefer the police get the right guy instead of settling for the two who collided in a crowd. Takes two to tango.  Sami initiated the contact, Dennard reacted.  It still doesn't get the guy who coldcocked Sami.

what an idiot.  He also said Dennard punched him.  What about that don't you get.  Please tell me you are not that stupid and are just baiting me.  Please. 

Right, and he also got knocked next week until Sunday and his testimony contradicted the cop's, whom the jury apparently believed. A little odd no other witnesses could corroborate either of the versions each Samani and the cop submitted, isn't it? Hmm.

Please tell me you think contradictory testimony isn't a good thing for either side.

LOL

You're such an inbred hayseed you think it's a good thing that the main testimonies that were the ONLY evidence in this case, were contradictory.

Cannot be made up.

Tell us how Gomer getting away with sexual assault or Nick Harper trying to murder his wife were "pranks", Undies. Oh, tell us.

lmao

Show us russ.  Show us this contraction about Dennard punching Samani.  If I recall correctly, that is exactly why the cop went after dennard after telling him to leave.   

And lets not try to distract from the situation involving a current patriot by bringing up former colts, because there are plenty of patriot indescretions that we can discuss. 

Frankly, this is no longer about Dennard.  Its about you and your inability to face up to your constant intellectual failures.  Dennard's case simply provides the material. 

Dennard very well may be a decent guy who drank too much and allowed himself and his entourage to get entangled in a bit of a ruckus, and he lost control.  Its been proven and he's been tried and convicted.  I am sorry that you either choose to or cant control your ability to delude yourself.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dvegas74. Show dvegas74's posts

According to the Lincoln (Neb.) Journal Star, Ben Samani, a 22-year-old student at the University of Nebraska, testified Thursday that Dennard â€ÂÂÂÂÂœshouldered” him as the two crossed O Street in opposite directions as the area’s bars were letting out for the night.

â€ÂÂÂÂÂœMy first reaction was to push off [Dennard],” Samani said.

what an idiot.  He also said Dennard punched him.  What about that don't you get.  Please tell me you are not that stupid and are just baiting me.  Please. 

Right, and he also got knocked next week until Sunday and his testimony contradicted the cop's, whom the jury apparently believed. A little odd no other witnesses could corroborate either of the versions each Samani and the cop submitted, isn't it? Hmm.

Please tell me you think contradictory testimony isn't a good thing for either side.

LOL

You're such an inbred hayseed you think it's a good thing that the main testimonies that were the ONLY evidence in this case, were contradictory.

Cannot be made up.

Tell us how Gomer getting away with sexual assault or Nick Harper trying to murder his wife were "pranks", Undies. Oh, tell us.

lmao

Show us russ.  Show us this contraction about Dennard punching Samani.  If I recall correctly, that is exactly why the cop went after dennard after telling him to leave.   

And lets not try to distract from the situation involving a current patriot by bringing up former colts, because there are plenty of patriot indescretions that we can discuss. 

Frankly, this is no longer about Dennard.  Its about you and your inability to face up to your constant intellectual failures.  Dennard's case simply provides the material. 

Dennard very well may be a decent guy who drank too much and allowed himself and his entourage to get entangled in a bit of a ruckus, and he lost control.  Its been proven and he's been tried and convicted.  I am sorry that you either choose to or cant control your ability to delude yourself.

Plain and simple he was found guilty. If he truly did not do this or as he so believes, then appeal the verdict.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Nice write up here on the likely outcome, both with the court and the league...

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/02/dennard_case_wi.html

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Do you coNsider punching someone assault?  That's what Dennard did and apparently what the cop saw.  Doesn't matter.  You've already demonstrated time again that you don't get it.  I'm out.