BREAKING NEWS - Globe football writers drop dead from exhaustion!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: BREAKING NEWS - Globe football writers drop dead from exhaustion!!!

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

It's a joke.  They don't do anything. Mazz, Gasper and the rest just sit over at 98.5 and cackle like hyenas and mouth off.

Apparently, the Ny Times is selling themselves hard to Kraft, almost as if Kraft is their top choice to sell to so far.  That puuke Shaughnessy is unhappy.

I would love to see it. Kraft will rattle the cage. I would start by firing Mazz, Shaughnessy and Gapser.

Just to staTE the facts, Tony Mazz the entertainer is no longer employed as a reporter for the Globe, nor does he work for the Globe in any capacity. 

We get it, you don't like Mazz and his show, even though you continuously quote from it and listen in. But you need to understand Mazz is responsable for ratings, not news. He is an entertainer with a contrarian opinion, not a news source. Obviously he is doing something right, as you appear to listening to the show every day. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

It's a joke.  They don't do anything. Mazz, Gasper and the rest just sit over at 98.5 and cackle like hyenas and mouth off.

Apparently, the Ny Times is selling themselves hard to Kraft, almost as if Kraft is their top choice to sell to so far.  That puuke Shaughnessy is unhappy.

I would love to see it. Kraft will rattle the cage. I would start by firing Mazz, Shaughnessy and Gapser.

Just to staTE the facts, Tony Mazz the entertainer is no longer employed as a reporter for the Globe, nor does he work for the Globe in any capacity. 

We get it, you don't like Mazz and his show, even though you continuously quote from it and listen in. But you need to understand Mazz is responsable for ratings, not news. He is an entertainer with a contrarian opinion, not a news source. Obviously he is doing something right, as you appear to listening to the show every day. 

Yeah, Fox News and Al Jezeera "must be doing something right", too, huh RKrap?

I don't listen everyday at all. I told you, I tune in when there is a turning point in the Pats season or offseason to hear their predictable agenda. I confirm the agenda and move on.

I honestly didn't even realize he left the Globe. I don't read the columns here anyway. You either have to literally pay to read them which is outrageous considerin the garbage Gasper, Shaugnessy, etc, put out or you know what their agenda is, so you don't even even need to read past the title and first sentence. That's called BAD journalism, no matter how you slice it, RKrap. 

Regardless, Mazz is a lazy loser.  I cannot wait for Kraft to buy the Globe and start cleaning house.

You seem to be in the minority here. 

Not in the minority. I also enjoyed and applauded Bedards work much to your chagrin. Havent read Dan the man since he was doing baseball notes post Gammons. But I too find the Globe lacking talent as they transition. It expected as they find it hard to retain or entice talent In uncertain timeS.  We have the option of not reading. You should try it rather thcompliant inning about it. 

Mazz on the other hand is garnering ratings thru the roof. Whatever he is doing, it is working. Don't listen, but hard to argue with his current success

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The Globe's "football coverage" is horrible and embarrassing, they haven't broken a story in a decade, nor have they written a meaningful piece in nearly as long.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

The Globe's "football coverage" is horrible and embarrassing, they haven't broken a story in a decade, nor have they written a meaningful piece in nearly as long.

Mthurl, I have to disagree. I thought Bedard was excellent and was exactly what I wanted to read from the globe. I think he will be sorely missed at the Globe, but my understanding is that we will still be able to enjoy his new role with SI. Until the Globe is sold and is stable, attracting top tier talent will be very hard. 

I also enjoy Pete Abes and every now and then Cafardo is first with something. 

Finns media column is also of interest...and I enjoy his weekly chats. 

I know Zuri is very bright, and works extremely hard. I see potential, and given time think he can settle into a nice role. Gaspar and Dan the man are both not on my read list. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Mthurl, I have to disagree. I thought Bedard was excellent and was exactly what I wanted to read from the globe. I think he will be sorely missed at the Globe, but my understanding is that we will still be able to enjoy his new role with SI. Until the Globe is sold and is stable, attracting top tier talent will be very hard. 

I also enjoy Pete Abes and every now and then Cafardo is first with something. 

Finns media column is also of interest...and I enjoy his weekly chats. 

I know Zuri is very bright, and works extremely hard. I see potential, and given time think he can settle into a nice role. Gaspar and Dan the man are both not on my read list. 

I think in all honesty I've just stopped reading their stuff, so you may be right. Truthfully I'd rather read fellow poster's stuff for the latest breaking news and opinions. Too often I came to the globe to get something breaking and too aften they had nothing...perhaps I'll give them more of a chance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

problem is once they find out how cheap Kraft is no one is gonna want to work there - so how exactly is he going to replace the ones he fires? how will he put together a staff of talented writers, editors, reporters, etc...to make the paper a success?

after all ain't no tom brady's walking thru that door!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

problem is once they find out how cheap Kraft is no one is gonna want to work there - so how exactly is he going to replace the ones he fires? how will he put together a staff of talented writers, editors, reporters, etc...to make the paper a success?

after all ain't no tom brady's walking thru that door!

And the worldly board cop chimes in again about another thing he knows nothing about. At least the giants will suck this year and he will be hiding by November 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I don't see Kraft stepping up. I see him starting to exit the day to day with the Pats more and more and leaving Jonathon in charge. Don't see him tackling the Globe at this stage of his life with 2 other business running (NFL and recycle paper products)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I don't see Kraft stepping up. I see him starting to exit the day to day with the Pats more and more and leaving Jonathon in charge. Don't see him tackling the Globe at this stage of his life with 2 other business running (NFL and recycle paper products)

I think he'd be foolish to buy a newspaper. The money's going to be in online subs. He could start a whole new paper as opposed to trying to patch the giant holes in that sinking ship. The only newspapers I read in actual print is the journal or USA today that the hotels give out. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Everything is advertiser driven. Who attracts advertising survives. NY Times has changed it's formula for success dramatically over the past 20+ years focusing more on lifestyle and advertising lifestyle products versus strong intelectual content. Globe will need to find it's niche or die. Craiglist is the most successful advertising model right now as it focuses on classified ads that reflect people's needs. The Globe and other newspapers are having a hard time competing with these leaner, meaner (more efficient) models. All is in flux in the newspaper industry. It may be easier to start over? 

23. This post has been removed.