BREAKING NEWS!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

BREAKING NEWS!!!

THERE ARE 14 GAMES LEFT!

Just wanted to throw a reminder out there as it seems many people are ready to focus on all the flaws, and welcome a 7-9 finish.

1-1. Same as the Jets.

Can anyone name a single team that has no issues so far?

Jets?

Indy?

Pitt?

NO?

MIN?

DAL?

SD?

After 6 or 7 games, you get a better idea, but even then it's not a complete picture.

In 2001 the Pats lost to the Rams 24-17 to settle at 5-5. They didn't lose again all season

In 2007 the Giants got laughed at in week 17. We all know how that ended.

So, basically, relax. Yes, it's fine to talk about the problems, but this is geting like the Sox board; depressing and divided.

I still have faith in BB, Brady, Moss, Welker, the TEs, Oline, special teams (Gost won't go 1-4 for the rest of the season), and the D is OK. Not good, but OK.

If they make it to the break at 3-1 (2-1 in division) few will focus on the horrible game last week. I guess I'd feel a lot worse if the Pats played well and got beat. They played like c r a p. Brady did, D couldn't make a stop, missed FG, 14mins of possesion in 1 QUARTER AND NO POINTS!

Days get sunnier at Gillette as the thermostat dips lower.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: BREAKING NEWS!!!

Fans are riding the ups and downs of the young season before we really know what the Pats are capable of.  Even if they have a down year, I like a lot of these young players.  But let's play the games before saying "there's always next year". 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

In 2007 the Giants got laughed at in week 17.

I respectifully disagree. The game in week 17 was a knock down drag out game. The starters played the whole game I believe and we had home field wrapped up weeks before.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

This season will be a Roller Coaster Ride.Until week 8 it's more important to see improvement week to week. The Pats have a very young defense, I knew most fans would get too excited after the Cincy win.The Pats played Good in the first half, against the Jets. They will make the Playoffs if The Offense wakes up and scores points, while the defense gets better each week.look around the league alot of Teams have issues this year.I would rather be playing our best at the end of the seaon, than right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to BREAKING NEWS!!!:
    [QUOTE]THERE ARE 14 GAMES LEFT! Just wanted to throw a reminder out there as it seems many people are ready to focus on all the flaws, and welcome a 7-9 finish. 1-1. Same as the Jets. Can anyone name a single team that has no issues so far? Jets? Indy? Pitt? NO? MIN? DAL? SD? After 6 or 7 games, you get a better idea, but even then it's not a complete picture. In 2001 the Pats lost to the Rams 24-17 to settle at 5-5. They didn't lose again all season In 2007 the Giants got laughed at in week 17. We all know how that ended. So, basically, relax. Yes, it's fine to talk about the problems, but this is geting like the Sox board; depressing and divided. I still have faith in BB, Brady, Moss, Welker, the TEs, Oline, special teams (Gost won't go 1-4 for the rest of the season), and the D is OK. Not good, but OK. If they make it to the break at 3-1 (2-1 in division) few will focus on the horrible game last week. I guess I'd feel a lot worse if the Pats played well and got beat. They played like c r a p. Brady did, D couldn't make a stop, missed FG, 14mins of possesion in 1 QUARTER AND NO POINTS! Days get sunnier at Gillette as the thermostat dips lower.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Ah, the voice of reason.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vafan2004. Show vafan2004's posts

This team is better than last year's team given the infusion of young players from the last 2 drafts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Well said....

A view of the bigger picture is something too many fans do not have.  They focus game to game and make judgements for an entire season off that one game! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chaucer. Show chaucer's posts

I fully agree with the point of this reminder and would add that some contributors to these threads need to remember that no team in the NFL wins all of its games (although it was the Patriots who almost did).  Does anyone expect the Patriots to win all of the games against the Colts, Steelers, Ravens, Vikings, Green Bay, and San Diego?  I'd sure hope so but it is unlikely.  This team will get better and if it isn't good enough to make the playoffs this year they will be a force to reckon with next year.  New England still has had a better decade than any other team in the NFL and that is a lot to be grateful for.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Lol im happy some people are starting to come around. 

There are 14 games left and the Dolphins look very weak, and the Jets look like they could be a WC spoiler team. All in all its 2 weeks no idea what this team can do yet.

Their backs are up against the wall right now lets see how they respond

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to BREAKING NEWS!!!:
    [QUOTE]THERE ARE 14 GAMES LEFT! Just wanted to throw a reminder out there as it seems many people are ready to focus on all the flaws, and welcome a 7-9 finish. 1-1. Same as the Jets. Can anyone name a single team that has no issues so far? Jets? Indy? Pitt? NO? MIN? DAL? SD? After 6 or 7 games, you get a better idea, but even then it's not a complete picture. In 2001 the Pats lost to the Rams 24-17 to settle at 5-5. They didn't lose again all season In 2007 the Giants got laughed at in week 17. We all know how that ended. So, basically, relax. Yes, it's fine to talk about the problems, but this is geting like the Sox board; depressing and divided. I still have faith in BB, Brady, Moss, Welker, the TEs, Oline, special teams (Gost won't go 1-4 for the rest of the season), and the D is OK. Not good, but OK. If they make it to the break at 3-1 (2-1 in division) few will focus on the horrible game last week. I guess I'd feel a lot worse if the Pats played well and got beat. They played like c r a p. Brady did, D couldn't make a stop, missed FG, 14mins of possesion in 1 QUARTER AND NO POINTS! Days get sunnier at Gillette as the thermostat dips lower.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

It's none of those teams.  Miami might be the only team in the NFL right now without any glaring, major issues.  Sounds stupid, I know, but this is the team to beat for the Pats.  Jets will come and go.  They're not as bad as they looked against Baltimore, but nowhere near as good as they looked in the 2nd half against the Pats.

While the others have struggled in this division, Miami has been slowly racking up yardage, confidence, and a ton of positive momentum.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from changes1677. Show changes1677's posts

ehh i dont know about miami being that good.  They beat minny on the road ok good for them.  the vikes have been playing like crap.  Sure the phins d looks really good but they had a hard time against buffalo.  We will know more next week when they play the jets where those 2 teams stand.  Either way its gonna be a 3 way tie in the division.  Or phins first us second jets third.  Which to tell you the truth is what i rather have happen.  I can never root for the jets.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS!!!:
    [QUOTE]Lol im happy some people are starting to come around.  There are 14 games left and the Dolphins look very weak, and the Jets look like they could be a WC spoiler team. All in all its 2 weeks no idea what this team can do yet. Their backs are up against the wall right now lets see how they respond
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]
    The Dolphins look very weak? What's the Pats look like then? A CFL team?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i just want to seem them win two grinders - one a come from more than a td down another a win after losing the lead in teh fourth - against decent teams and i would be all comfortable the rest of the way. those kinds of wins tell me they have the character that the 2001 team had.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]i just want to seem them win two grinders - one a come from more than a td down another a win after losing the lead in teh fourth - against decent teams and i would be all comfortable the rest of the way. those kinds of wins tell me they have the character that the 2001 team had.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]
    Experienced FA vs. unproven rookies? Dream on. Not happening.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]i just want to seem them win two grinders - one a come from more than a td down another a win after losing the lead in teh fourth - against decent teams and i would be all comfortable the rest of the way. those kinds of wins tell me they have the character that the 2001 team had.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Seattle... both these types of wins by the Pats will do more to restore some faith in the team in so many fans' eyes than anything else.  So many just do not feel the Pats can win "a BIG game", in this case either a game on the road against a quality opponent or a come from behind victory against a quality opponent. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Its obvious that what we put on the field against the Jets isn't what we are.  I have said MULTIPLE times, a review of past seasons (SB winning or otherwise) will reveal a few games where we just weren't playing well.  As bad as last season felt, we were competitive except a few games.  A nudge here and there, and we win.  The Ravens game we just totally came out flat.  Thats all, they weren't some superteam, we were just flat and got bagged.  I don't like the team going flaccid in the 2nd half, its a bit of an alarming trend from the last two seasons, but they are in there, and we did get it done SOMEWHAT in the first half against the Jets.  Gostkowski missing the FG's was a big deal in emotional momentum, THAT alone would have kept us in the front, in my opinion.  Emotional momentum counts.  If we had stayed on the field as an offense, and just kept hitting FGs, we would have marginalized and frustrated their Offense.  Thats all it takes to win, and if we won, by WHATEVER point spread, we wouldn't be having these discussions.  We would be saying, the D is what we thought, and needs some work.  The O is getting it done and protecting them.  Difference between what happened and what we needed was 2 field goals, and maybe 2 or 3 first down conversions.  Thats ALL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

nice scooter losersone

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think we will probably be ok this year and win the division. With a coach like ours and a QB like the one we have, I would be surprised by anything less. I will say that we will not go much further than that with the cast that is around those two assets. And that is the problem:(

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from barcolounga. Show barcolounga's posts

[QUOTE]Lol im happy some people are starting to come around.  There are 14 games left and the Dolphins look very weak, and the Jets look like they could be a WC spoiler team. All in all its 2 weeks no idea what this team can do yet. Their backs are up against the wall right now lets see how they respond
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]
    Which Dolphins are you looking at? Their defense is 10 times better than NE and their offense is very serviceable. Who on this team is going to cover Brandon Marshall. He may catch 30 balls.