Breakout player for 2010:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

Breakout player for 2010:

Terrence Wheatley. The kid has been hurt, but we all know he has a very unique but incendiary skill set. While it may be ludicrous to succumb him to the likes of the NFL's elite such as Revis, I believe this year will put him in the class right below him. He is EXTREMELY taller than the average height for his position, at 5'9. He has a 45 inch vertical, and he can fly. He was one of the better tackling corners from what I saw, and I believe since this is a make or break year for him, he's ready to bring it. Look for 6 INT, 15-20 tipped passes, and 30-50 tackles.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from laynard. Show laynard's posts

Re: Breakout player for 2010:

Correction: Look for Wheatley to take your order at the local Wendy's after training camp. He's horrible.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Peyton Manning... He will be on fire, smoking balls and shooting lasers. If his head gets any bigger it will bust his helmet, but he will be better than Tom Brady this season. Tom's lack of training and new 600 room garage will be on his mind all season long. Hoping to be traded to the Raiders and Al Davis, finally an owner that knows how to buy players and put a team together. You guys know the Raiders are gonna be tough this year and when Brady see's this he's gonna want out of New England and hello LA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

I too expect good things from Wheatley this season. Bodden, Butler, McCourty, Wheatley, Wilhite, Kyle Arrington, we're stacked.

My "surprise" players for '10 are: Torry Holt, Laurence Maroney, Terrence Wheatley, Myron Pryor, and Bret Lockett.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

The biggest surprise would be if RFA Buddy Farnham makes the team given the competition he faces.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i hope its BJGE. i know he gets a lot of flak on this board, but i really like the kid as the next sammy morris. he can be a lead blocker and pound it inside. if he gets a good number of reps we've seen what he can do (week 10 2008, 105 yrds on 26 carries)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

At this point i think wheatly is almost done with the Patriots  I would love to see him do well but right now he is behind bodden, butler, mccourty,and wilhite.

I personally think breakout player this season will be either Brandon tate, or Laurence Maroney

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Gronkowski.

Not a ton of catches, but key ones (first downs, TDs), starting TE without question by Week 4, as good as a 6th OL on the line.

He LOVES football. Belichick LOVES people that LOVE football. I might be the only one, but I'm not concerned at all with the injury history. Come gameday, he'll be a year removed from a strained back/herniated disk/nerve damage. Sounds a lot worse than it appears.

Ben Coates redux here we go!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

I say Maroney actually has a decent season all around. But I expect Torry Holt to have a significant impact on the season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Brandon Tate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

Spikes, Chung, Butler, and Hernandez.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Aaron Hernandez-After sliping in the draft due to the weed issue, he has something to prove.  He will prove to every single team that passed on him that it was a big mistake. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Chung

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

John Wall

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

It would be nice to see another UDFA perform well enough to contribute,Farnham would be a great story as would the kid from Montana State Dane Fletcher,or just about any UDFA left. The Patriots cut the WR from CMSU Anderson and the Punter from down under.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

ummm 5-9 is not "Tall" for a CB
    Wheatly is fast, but has no awareness...  i think the fate of the DBs lies within the success of the passrush.  so if Wheatly does well, its because people like Ron Brace, Myron Pryor and Tully banta cain make the QB release the ball early 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Breakout player for 2010::
    The kid has been hurt, but we all know he has a very unique but incendiary skill set.
    Posted by Celtics12345

Somebody with more time and less to do will probably look this up and prove me wrong, but doesn't "incendiary" indicate a likelihood to get burned?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Darius Butler. 

He showed signs of great CB play last year, but he'll need the pass-rush to help him. Teams are going to be testing him next season, he'll need to be on his Ps and Qs. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Breakout player for 2010::
    In Response to Breakout player for 2010: : Somebody with more time and less to do will probably look this up and prove me wrong, but doesn't "incendiary" indicate a likelihood to get burned?
    Posted by p-mike

Incendiary could also mean explosive. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

Good thread but the average size for an NFL cornerback is 5'11" 190 lbs.  Wheatly is 5'9" 183 lbs.  Hobbs is listed at 5'9" 195.

Defense      Offense
    Sophomores: Chung        Tate.

Rookies:       Spikes        Hernadez

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Spikes - He's going to be a force in the middle. Where's Baltimore on the schedule? Let's see them try that shite again. Spikes will be making Rice patties.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Going to go with four break-out players this year

1. Butler
    2. spikes
    3. Hernandez
    4. Chung

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Breakout player for 2010::
    In Response to Re: Breakout player for 2010: : If Wheatley was good we would not have drafted Butler one year and McCourty the next. We have Butler and McCourty because after watching Wheatley BB wanted two shutdown corners. Chung, and Brace.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

I am not a fan Wheatley, I was just pointing out a definition.