Brett Favre has two fractures in his ankle...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Brett Favre has two fractures in his ankle...

He won't require surgery but his status for Sunday's game in Foxboro is uncertain. He definitely wasn't looking too good at the end of last night's game and he was still one foot down away from a comeback victory.

Should be interesting to see if he starts Sunday, and if so, how effective he is. I wonder what Randy's thinking right now....Vikes are 2-4, with tons of questions surrounding their QB.

Who's their backup? Tavaris Jackson?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Brett Favre has two fractures in his ankle...

Jackson is their backup. Right now, I think he concerns me more than Favre because a) he's healthy b) he's mobile c) he just might be the "game manager" Minnesota needs to NOT screw one up again and d) the Patriots would be caught off guard to a degree against him.

I still think this is a bit of a coverup for the eventual benching of Favre. Childress threw him under the bus after last night's game and he can't just bench him and end the greatest streak (most consecutive games started) in the NFL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

favre hasnt missed a game in 20 years and u want to pick this for him to miss, sure yea u do that. -paraphrasing BB on WEEI.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Brett Favre has two fractures in his ankle...:
    [QUOTE]Jackson is their backup. Right now, I think he concerns me more than Favre because a) he's healthy b) he's mobile c) he just might be the "game manager" Minnesota needs to NOT screw one up again and d) the Patriots would be caught off guard to a degree against him. I still think this is a bit of a coverup for the eventual benching of Favre. Childress threw him under the bus after last night's game and he can't just bench him and end the greatest streak (most consecutive games started) in the NFL.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

I actually agree, but I can totally see Childress being dumb and still not having the balls to start Jackson.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

favre will come out in a wheelchair if he has too.. his ego is too big he doesnt care how much he hurts his team. remember when he played for the jets and couldnt even throw.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

[QUOTE]favre will come out in a wheelchair if he has too.. his ego is too big he doesnt care how much he hurts his team. remember when he played for the jets and couldnt even throw.
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]

How could I forget that? That's the only game I ever rooted for the Jets was that last game against the Dolphins, where a Jets win would have made the Pats division champs. And.....what a surprise....that the Jets let me down that game.

Personally, I would be surprised if Favre does NOT start that game next week.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

he has pretty much the same type of fracture as dustin Pedrioa had and he was out of baseball for the rest of the season

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

[QUOTE]Would you rather have Farve out there hurt forcing more touches by Peterson because he can't plant or Jackson having the mobility but not so much the throwing accuracy? Pick your poison
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Peterson is great but i like what i am seeing with this run D over the last few weeks.  Much rather have the front 7 decide this game than the back 4.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Brett Favre has two fractures in his ankle...:
    [QUOTE]He won't require surgery but his status for Sunday's game in Foxboro is uncertain. He definitely wasn't looking too good at the end of last night's game and he was still one foot down away from a comeback victory. Should be interesting to see if he starts Sunday, and if so, how effective he is. I wonder what Randy's thinking right now....Vikes are 2-4, with tons of questions surrounding their QB. Who's their backup? Tavaris Jackson?
    Posted by tmot1234[/QUOTE]

Favre's a JOKE and the biggest "hambone" in the NFL. This crap is all part of his schtick. Lat week it's the elbow, this week the ankle and Oh, he'll still play because he's the "great gunslinger" Gimme a break already with this guy who's legacy will be "dic-pics and pick-sixes". Biggest overrated QB of all time. Sure, he has all these records because he's played for 40 years! He's won one SB. So did Doug Williams. Go away Brett (but not until after you play the Pats!)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

If Favre plays it could very well be for the last time. This young NE Defense may end Brett Favre's career a few games early.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Farve will come out and start for one series just so he can keep his streak going then he'll duck out is my guess

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Stop bashing Favre.  34 TD's and 7 Ints at the age of 40!   I don't think we will get that from Brady this year, and he is in his prime!   Lets hope Brady can play like Favre does at the age 41. 

This year hasnt gone well for Favre but he is still a warrior,  gotta admire that. Despite his mistakes yesterday, they had a chance to win the game on the road against a quality team.  The Vikings were robbed by the officials during that game too.  The GB touchdown  in 1st half shouldnt have counted.  Also Favre threw a TD pass to Shianco and they said he didnt have possesion. It was clear from the replay that  it was a perfect catch, no doubt about it.   Thats a swing of 11 points on those  mistakes by the refs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Favre is an interception machine whether his ankle is broke or not. The Vikes are a better team if Jackson is in at QB.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

[QUOTE]Favre is an interception machine whether his ankle is broke or not. The Vikes are a better team if Jackson is in at QB.
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

They are not a better team with Jackson at QB, even if Favre has a broken ankle. He gives them the best chance to win. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Count on seeing Tarvaris if Favre plays poorly.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brett Favre has two fractures in his ankle... : And 6 TD's and 10 picks at 41!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Brat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

He can hardly walk, did you see him after the game?  He almsot managed to win the game though.

Favre was playing better against the Jets in a rainstorm 2 weeks ago than Brady did in clear weather against the Jets.  Look at some of the throws he made against the Jets, they were simply amazing.   You can critisize his decision making, but he is a legend for sure.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I have no idea why, but I honestly dislike Brett Favre.  If the Pat's don't win it all I always root against Favre, the Mannings, and Steelers for their threat for team of the decade.....

I won't deny what Farve has done during his time, but he just makes terrible decisions to lose games.  I know he has had "magic" moments, but I just feel he get's too much credit.  Guess I am just a hater. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

[QUOTE]Would you rather have Farve out there hurt forcing more touches by Peterson because he can't plant or Jackson having the mobility but not so much the throwing accuracy? Pick your poison
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

I'll take Jackson S-A.  Just in case anyone out there is unfamiliar with him, all's you need to know is that he is the worst QB in the history of Football.  That's the reason why The Vikes were so desperate to bring back the broken down Fossil.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Belichick expects Pats to face Favre

October, 25, 2010
    By Mike Reiss
    Vikings quarterback Brett Favre has a stress fracture in his left ankle that could end his NFL-record run at 291 consecutive games started -- 315 including the playoffs.

With the Vikings' next game Sunday in New England, the question was asked to Bill Belichick in his Monday press conference: Do you expect to see Favre on the field?

"Of course. He’s started 8,000 games in a row," Belichick responded. "Same thing we were all talking about with [Antonio] Gates last week. He wasn’t going to play and all that. I don’t think you can ever count players like that out. I don’t know when the last time Gates has missed a game. Favre, it’s like playing Lou Gehrig. Of course I expect him to be there."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Brett Favre has two fractures in his ankle... : Favre's a JOKE and the biggest "hambone" in the NFL. This crap is all part of his schtick. Lat week it's the elbow, this week the ankle and Oh, he'll still play because he's the "great gunslinger" Gimme a break already with this guy who's legacy will be "dic-pics and pick-sixes". Biggest overrated QB of all time. Sure, he has all these records because he's played for 40 years! He's won one SB. So did Doug Williams. Go away Brett (but not until after you play the Pats!)
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]
    I like the way you think. I'm going to be keeping my eye on you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

just focus on AP and the game is ours

25. This post has been removed.