Brian Waters' contract has been terminated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Brian Waters' contract has been terminated

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to APpats21's comment:

He's a Jets fan sent here as a plant by ESPN to bash BB and promote the Jets. All about money.

So youre saying ESPN sent him here to do just that...Right..

I am kidding, Millenial.   But, I do think he likes the Jets. It's completely bizarrre. My only guess is that he hears from people in the media how they don't like BB, so it hides in his head, totally making it impossible for him to see how brilliant BB is as a GM.

He knows he can't bash the coach, so what he does is he takes the approach he think will stick. which is the "let's bash BB for not landing HOFers for 7 picks in every draft" routine, when we all know the draft is  crapshoot.

I am kidding, Millenial

why must you always go here?

so tell us 30-something Gen X boy all about the great things your generation gave to the world

oh that's right! grunge, flannel, ecstasy and whiny drama kiddies with no real problems

boy do we owe you guys!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

not sure on the Fanene money. Pats never will say ANYTHING. Even something as simple as an update on Fanene money.

I feel badly for the media covering the team. They get NOTHING from the team. NE fans seem to like it that way, think its great BB gives the media NOTHING...yet name me one local writer that has complained about this? (the entertainers on the radio always complain about it)

And that is a big reason why you troll here as someone who rubs shoulders with the crappy, gotcha media. BB waasn't born last night, RKrap.

BB gives access to non-agenda drives morons.  Not hard to figure out.  He's not dumb. If you are an agenda driven, selfish big ego beatwriter or journalist, you don't get access. Period.  THat's called being smart. 

Don't see Peter King kicking around Foxborough much anymore, do ya? No, you don't. Why? His WEII 2007 interview when Dale and HOlley confrotned him about lies in his Spygate columns. That's why.

Why did BB grant his only post Spygate interview to Armen Keyteyian of CBS?  Because he respects him.

Note how BB only gives interviews to NFL Network and never ESPN, too. These aren not coincidences.

His lack of info is also designed to not feed the media, take bait and protect his players. Any Pats fan complaining about this correct approach is a moron.

The Jets, your favorite team has a fat blowhard who does the opposite which is a big reason why he's a bad head coach.  It's also why the Jets are too dumb to not tell immature Tavon Austin to keep his mouth shut before the draft so the Rams don't swoop in and take the guy you wanted.

dude, as usual you have no clue.

Translation:

I just got owned and can't form a counter retort

C'mon Rusty. Give yourself more credit for being smarter than that (oh yeah, you always do)

When was the last time Kraft met a camera or microphone he didnt love? Caserio is open, honest and engaging when he speaks with the media. BB is the only one who has a 20 minute presser and says absolutely nothing. Why?

I dont buy the Cleveland treatment. Those guys were old school media who hated BB. Fair enough. But today, no excuse. Reiss is the most non judgemental, fair reporter I have ever met (doesnt know a lot about football, but so be it). Bedard asks insightful, not give away anything to make the opponant smarter type questions I have ever heard. This is a football mad area. People eat and sleep football 12 months a year. Your telling me BB cant even sit down with one of his ex players and have a conversation for public consumption about the team?

This is not a directive from up top (Kraft). Kraft recognizes the brand, its popularity and the need to feed it. This is on BB. No one is asking him to share the game plan for an upcoming game, or make his draft board public. Did you see his post draft presser? Give me a break.

And dont give me your he loves the Jets nonsense...Idzik was just as bad in his presser. 

Cimini laughs...he almost can sit at home and stories fall into his lap and write themselves with that zoo in NY...here in New England, we are given scraps about the team, to go along with our sky high ticket prices, traffic nightmares and freezing night games.

I can tell you Reiss gets the most questions in his Thursday chats of all the regional football chatters. The fans want more, and the team should be smart enough to feed that hunger.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

not sure on the Fanene money. Pats never will say ANYTHING. Even something as simple as an update on Fanene money.

I feel badly for the media covering the team. They get NOTHING from the team. NE fans seem to like it that way, think its great BB gives the media NOTHING...yet name me one local writer that has complained about this? (the entertainers on the radio always complain about it)

And that is a big reason why you troll here as someone who rubs shoulders with the crappy, gotcha media. BB waasn't born last night, RKrap.

BB gives access to non-agenda drives morons.  Not hard to figure out.  He's not dumb. If you are an agenda driven, selfish big ego beatwriter or journalist, you don't get access. Period.  THat's called being smart. 

Don't see Peter King kicking around Foxborough much anymore, do ya? No, you don't. Why? His WEII 2007 interview when Dale and HOlley confrotned him about lies in his Spygate columns. That's why.

Why did BB grant his only post Spygate interview to Armen Keyteyian of CBS?  Because he respects him.

Note how BB only gives interviews to NFL Network and never ESPN, too. These aren not coincidences.

His lack of info is also designed to not feed the media, take bait and protect his players. Any Pats fan complaining about this correct approach is a moron.

The Jets, your favorite team has a fat blowhard who does the opposite which is a big reason why he's a bad head coach.  It's also why the Jets are too dumb to not tell immature Tavon Austin to keep his mouth shut before the draft so the Rams don't swoop in and take the guy you wanted.

Translation:

C'mon Rusty. Give yourself more credit for being smarter than that (oh yeah, you always do)

When was the last time Kraft met a camera or microphone he didnt love? Caserio is open, honest and engaging when he speaks with the media. BB is the only one who has a 20 minute presser and says absolutely nothing. Why?

I dont buy the Cleveland treatment. Those guys were old school media who hated BB. Fair enough. But today, no excuse. Reiss is the most non judgemental, fair reporter I have ever met (doesnt know a lot about football, but so be it). Bedard asks insightful, not give away anything to make the opponant smarter type questions I have ever heard. This is a football mad area. People eat and sleep football 12 months a year. Your telling me BB cant even sit down with one of his ex players and have a conversation for public consumption about the team?

This is not a directive from up top (Kraft). Kraft recognizes the brand, its popularity and the need to feed it. This is on BB. No one is asking him to share the game plan for an upcoming game, or make his draft board public. Did you see his post draft presser? Give me a break.

And dont give me your he loves the Jets nonsense...Idzik was just as bad in his presser. 

Cimini laughs...he almost can sit at home and stories fall into his lap and write themselves with that zoo in NY...here in New England, we are given scraps about the team, to go along with our sky high ticket prices, traffic nightmares and freezing night games.

I can tell you Reiss gets the most questions in his Thursday chats of all the regional football chatters. The fans want more, and the team should be smart enough to feed that hunger.

really that's all we are given are scraps??? Funny Michael Holley(Patriot Reign) the NFL network and some good reporters in this area have done just fine getting stories.

Really, back when they were building the new stadium Kraft decided that long time fans shouldn't have to pay PSL fees. Ask fans of teams Like the Jet's Giant's, Steelers, Panthers, Ravens, Bengals, Browns,Texans, eagles, Rams and titans how they feel about having to have paid a PSL fee on top of their yearly season Ticket fee. Granted the average season ticket price is high here but I for one was glad not to have to shell out 10 to 25 grand up front.

Traffic nightmares are an issue but if you plan accordingly you can minimize the issue... of all the things you listed this is the only legitimate gripe.

Are you really complaining about freezing night games???? Really??? Don't take this the wrong way but if this is an issue for you then don't go.

dude, get the big picture. we as fans support this team to the hilt...throw us some bones once in a while. We wont tell the Dolphins the game plan, I promise.

I dont go anymore to the freezing night games. I give the seats to my son and his friends.

Your going to refer to Patriot Reign? Really. That was 8 years ago!

The BB piece on NFL network was great. But wasnt it 2 faced? If Bb allowed access to no one, then he has his quirks and thats ok. But to allow NFL Network that type of access, but not sit down once every 6 months with Reiss or Willie M or Tedy B and have a conversation for the fans? Give me a break...if the NFL didnt force him to get up there once a week we would never see him

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Translation:

really that's all we are given are scraps??? Funny Michael Holley(Patriot Reign) the NFL network and some good reporters in this area have done just fine getting stories.

Really, back when they were building the new stadium Kraft decided that long time fans shouldn't have to pay PSL fees. Ask fans of teams Like the Jet's Giant's, Steelers, Panthers, Ravens, Bengals, Browns,Texans, eagles, Rams and titans how they feel about having to have paid a PSL fee on top of their yearly season Ticket fee. Granted the average season ticket price is high here but I for one was glad not to have to shell out 10 to 25 grand up front.

Traffic nightmares are an issue but if you plan accordingly you can minimize the issue... of all the things you listed this is the only legitimate gripe.

Are you really complaining about freezing night games???? Really??? Don't take this the wrong way but if this is an issue for you then don't go.

dude, get the big picture. we as fans support this team to the hilt...throw us some bones once in a while. We wont tell the Dolphins the game plan, I promise.

I dont go anymore to the freezing night games. I give the seats to my son and his friends.

The BB piece on NFL network was great. But wasnt it 2 faced? If Bb allowed access to no one, then he has his quirks and thats ok. But to allow NFL Network that type of access, but not sit down once every 6 months with Reiss or Willie M or Tedy B and have a conversation for the fans? Give me a break...if the NFL didnt force him to get up there once a week we would never see him

You support this team to the hilt??? You come to this board every single day to b*tch about everyting patriots. It is one thing to criticize specific moves and issues but you criticize everything about their orginizational philosophy. The same philosophy that has allowed them to go to 5 SB's and win almost 75% of the games since Belichik got here.

Geez, I used to think the Red Sox fan base was insane I am starting to think this fan base is even worse.

I criticize one thing and one thing only. The insistance of "value" being the #1 factor in every personel decision. To win a SB you need luck, a great head coach, a great QB, and playmakers as well as depth. This team has everything, but enough playmakers imo. On defense, they have Vince, and most games Mayo. Hoping Jones and Hightower get there, but they are not there yet. I still have McCourty, Spikes and Nink below playmaker level. I would have loved to see a defensive stud either signed in FA or drafted.

BB not talking to reporters is a pet peeve of mine. I think for the most part, 98% of the guys covering the team are good guys, working hard and simply trying to do their jobs and inform the public....us. BB seemingly goes out of his way to make their jobs harder.

You swallow Rusty's conspiracy nonsense, or the Spygate nonsense is bs... There is no good reason for BB to have such an antogonistic relationship with the local media, and if he does, he should at least have the decancy to say why he does. (gasp! I criticized BB!)

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Translation:

You support this team to the hilt??? You come to this board every single day to b*tch about everyting patriots. It is one thing to criticize specific moves and issues but you criticize everything about their orginizational philosophy. The same philosophy that has allowed them to go to 5 SB's and win almost 75% of the games since Belichik got here.

Geez, I used to think the Red Sox fan base was insane I am starting to think this fan base is even worse.

The RKarp portion of our fanbase is WORSE. WORSE.

We're witnessing the greatest coach and GM in NFL history and he's not enjoying the ride.  It's sick.

I am loving it every Sunday! I want another SB! The poor draft decisions pre 2010 really hurt the team. I dont want to see same mistakes made again...Dolphins making strides. Bills improving. Division might not be a cake walk. We need home field in the playoffs.

I repeat, why cant someone express an opinion that might not be 100% pro BB with out Rusty and his minions piling on?

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Translation:

I criticize one thing and one thing only. The insistance of "value" being the #1 factor in every personel decision. To win a SB you need luck, a great head coach, a great QB, and playmakers as well as depth. This team has everything, but enough playmakers imo. On defense, they have Vince, and most games Mayo. Hoping Jones and Hightower get there, but they are not there yet. I still have McCourty, Spikes and Nink below playmaker level. I would have loved to see a defensive stud either signed in FA or drafted.

BB not talking to reporters is a pet peeve of mine. I think for the most part, 98% of the guys covering the team are good guys, working hard and simply trying to do their jobs and inform the public....us. BB seemingly goes out of his way to make their jobs harder.

You swallow Rusty's conspiracy nonsense, or the Spygate nonsense is bs... There is no good reason for BB to have such an antogonistic relationship with the local media, and if he does, he should at least have the decancy to say why he does. (gasp! I criticized BB!)

He talks to reporters. There is a mandated weekly press conference and he fields the questions.

That's a lie.

See, your problem is, as it with ESPN or some journalists, is they think their owed more. Entitled. You, Borges, Tony Mazz, etc. You're all the same. BB knows this, so he plays his cards close to the vest, wisely so. One word, one phrase can be twisted with ease and used against him.

ANd the fact is, they're not. It's no different than Papparazzi thinking they should be able to harrass Hollywood types.

It's all about money.   It's why BB only worked with Michael Holley or the HIGHLY respected David Halberstam for those books. Or, why he gave a Harvard professor full access for those fantastic Pats Managements Secrets 1 and 2 books.  If he smells an agenda, you're not getting access. That simple.

So when it became apparent that the media praising BB and the Pats was not a moneymaker (around 2005 and the 3rd SB), and anger started to surface with abused fanbases throughout the NFL, jealousy, etc, the media realized they needed to flip the script.  They realized more clicks on a blog would come because 95% of the NFL fans, etc, were tired of reading things that praised the Patriots.  

By the way, it's completely sad I have to explain this to you. I know more about your own employer than you do. 

This is why they lied about the details with Spygate. The timing was ripe.  Woody Johnson also knew this.  He might try to cheat in his teambuilding and be sneaky behind closed doors, but he's not dumb either.  If an unnamed Jets source says "we cuaught them redhanded", maybe that will make it appear like the evil BB was hiding something?  Uh huh.

It's all about how something looks to the public.  So, the media took that Spygate opportunity and used it to their advantage. It;s why the lies carried on for EIGHT MONTHS after Goodell overreacted and caved to that same media and its pressures.

Just because you're an idiot and represent that company (ESPN) who has basically become the pathetic Fox News of Sports, doesn;t mean what I am telling you isn't true.

And god bless BB for not being dumb and taking the media bait, which is a MASSIVE downfall of some coaches in any market in the northeast in any sport.

It's why the Red Sox first look for the person as manager before the resume itself.  Jim Leyland once said it would be great to win in Boston but he never wanted to come here because of the media circus.

The fact you fault BB for handiling the media the right way is a joke if you're indeed a Pats fan.

as I mentioned earlier, you have no clue. you have never attended a press conference, never been in a post game Q n A. How can you even comment? You have zero idea on the questions asked, the responses given, the avoidance of eye contact, even answering a simple question.

You sound like Marshal Faulk complaining about Spy Gate.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Translation:

He talks to reporters. There is a mandated weekly press conference and he fields the questions.

That's a lie.

See, your problem is, as it with ESPN or some journalists, is they think their owed more. Entitled. You, Borges, Tony Mazz, etc. You're all the same. BB knows this, so he plays his cards close to the vest, wisely so. One word, one phrase can be twisted with ease and used against him.

ANd the fact is, they're not. It's no different than Papparazzi thinking they should be able to harrass Hollywood types.

It's all about money.   It's why BB only worked with Michael Holley or the HIGHLY respected David Halberstam for those books. Or, why he gave a Harvard professor full access for those fantastic Pats Managements Secrets 1 and 2 books.  If he smells an agenda, you're not getting access. That simple.

So when it became apparent that the media praising BB and the Pats was not a moneymaker (around 2005 and the 3rd SB), and anger started to surface with abused fanbases throughout the NFL, jealousy, etc, the media realized they needed to flip the script.  They realized more clicks on a blog would come because 95% of the NFL fans, etc, were tired of reading things that praised the Patriots.  

By the way, it's completely sad I have to explain this to you. I know more about your own employer than you do. 

This is why they lied about the details with Spygate. The timing was ripe.  Woody Johnson also knew this.  He might try to cheat in his teambuilding and be sneaky behind closed doors, but he's not dumb either.  If an unnamed Jets source says "we cuaught them redhanded", maybe that will make it appear like the evil BB was hiding something?  Uh huh.

It's all about how something looks to the public.  So, the media took that Spygate opportunity and used it to their advantage. It;s why the lies carried on for EIGHT MONTHS after Goodell overreacted and caved to that same media and its pressures.

Just because you're an idiot and represent that company (ESPN) who has basically become the pathetic Fox News of Sports, doesn;t mean what I am telling you isn't true.

And god bless BB for not being dumb and taking the media bait, which is a MASSIVE downfall of some coaches in any market in the northeast in any sport.

It's why the Red Sox first look for the person as manager before the resume itself.  Jim Leyland once said it would be great to win in Boston but he never wanted to come here because of the media circus.

The fact you fault BB for handiling the media the right way is a joke if you're indeed a Pats fan.

as I mentioned earlier, you have no clue. you have never attended a press conference, never been in a post game Q n A. How can you even comment? You have zero idea on the questions asked, the responses given, the avoidance of eye contact, even answering a simple question.

You sound like Marshal Faulk complaining about Spy Gate.

I have to attend them live (as opposed to watching one) to know?

Gee, RKrap, that was a heck of a counter-argument from you. LOL

yes, you would have to attend to understand.

why would I argue with you when I know I am right and you are wrong? Knowing that, whats to argue?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Here's your fatal flaw and the reason no one (but you) takes you seriously.

Look at this statment:

"We're witnessing the greatest coach and GM in NFL history and he's not enjoying the ride.  It's sick."

Now a logical fan without an agenda would probably say this:

"We're witnessing the greatest coach & QB combo, in NFL history, and he's not enjoying the ride.  It's sick"

Your omission is very revealing.

Just admit you hate TB because,  his success has, in some peoples eyes,  made some question BB's legacy. 

Personally I think they go hand and hand but I can't close my eyes to the inferior defensive product that BB has put out for years, now.  I really think this has raised the question, legitimately.  You don't hear many people call BB a defensive genius any more, nor do you hear people claiming they got to those SB's on the back of the 31st ranked D.

It's not bias, it's the truth.

No one can diminish BB's legacy but him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Here's your fatal flaw and the reason no one (but you) takes you seriously.

Look at this statment:

"We're witnessing the greatest coach and GM in NFL history and he's not enjoying the ride.  It's sick."

Now a logical fan without an agenda would probably say this:

"We're witnessing the greatest coach & QB combo, in NFL history, and he's not enjoying the ride.  It's sick"

Your omission is very revealing.

Just admit you hate TB because,  his success has, in some peoples eyes,  made some question BB's legacy. 

Personally I think they go hand and hand but I can't close my eyes to the inferior defensive product that BB has put out for years, now.  I really think this has raised the question, legitimately.  You don't hear many people call BB a defensive genius any more, nor do you hear people claiming they got to those SB's on the back of the 31st ranked D.

It's not bias, it's the truth.

No one can diminish BB's legacy but him.

well said Pezz...I also am sick of hearing how poorly TB played in those SB's, with nothing said about how NE got to the SB's...not talking about the AFCCCG, talking about the entire season...

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.