Brilliant move by Talib

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Brilliant move by Talib

I'm sure it was purely coincidence, but was there a better way to prove that the bean counters are going to have to lay out some serious beans to keep Talib?  Our defense with him on the field is completely different from when he's not.  He goes out with a bad hammy and takes our SB dreams with him.  Yes you can point at numerous factors for that loss, but none so glaring as Talib on the sideline. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Brilliant move by Talib

Well, a bit cynical, but very funny.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

I'm sure it was purely coincidence, but was there a better way to prove that the bean counters are going to have to lay out some serious beans to keep Talib?  Our defense with him on the field is completely different from when he's not.  He goes out with a bad hammy and takes our SB dreams with him.  Yes you can point at numerous factors for that loss, but none so glaring as Talib on the sideline. 

Is this a joke?  I thought he severely hurt his value in this game.  What is the point of having this guy around if he gets injured when we need him most.  He missed 3 of our 4 biggest games this year because of injury (Houston 1, SF, AFC championship).   I would not pay top dollar for this guy.  At least not right now.  Maybe I'll feel better about it in a few days.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I really did not think he "planned" it that way, but, the tone of the game didn't lie after he went out.  Bolden had a field day!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

how many snaps has he taken?? Why pay someone who gets hurt on the  3rd or 4th play of the game. If that had been Rodney yesterday he would have been out there. a thigh injury big deal--he didn't look like he was hurting to me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

how many snaps has he taken?? Why pay someone who gets hurt on the  3rd or 4th play of the game. If that had been Rodney yesterday he would have been out there. a thigh injury big deal--he didn't look like he was hurting to me.

talib hobbling is a better option than arrington or cole.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Sh!thead didn't warm up and stretch out. That's lame.  Cost this team big time.  unbelievable this season ends this way, after all the progress they made.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Talib doesn't play offense........

Nor sets ups and calls the offensive game plan....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Loss of Talib made a huge difference. immediately after he left Flacco lit up Arrington and Cole. if we don't re-sign Talib, we need to pick up two legitimate corners. one to fill Talib's shoes and one to be the third corner after Dennard.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Dennard was the steal of the 2012 draft after his run in with a Nebraska cop his stock drooped faster than a ponzi scheme. Allowing the Patriots to draft him in the 7th round and he was a legitimate 1rst round talent,but conversely Wilson wasn't a second round talent.all things equal out in the end. As for talib he's a legitimate shutdown corner Bolden couldn't catch squat when he was up against someone his own size,the midgets let us down again!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

talib hobbling is a better option than arrington or cole.

yep

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Outside of QB, there should be no one position on your offense or defense that sinks a game. You should always be able to sustatin one huge star injury and win. 

NE cannot. Lose Gronk, Lose Talib. Lose.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

We didn't have the best pass rush again.  The ravens were hobbled.  We should have beat them by a lot.  I don't think hurting a hamstring raises your value.  The  O scored a whopping 13.  I don't think talib was the whole issue, Ridleys fumble hurt , another Welker catch. Everyone stunk it up except ST and gostowski. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Gronk, Love (1st quarter), Chandler Jones, Ras Dowling, Edelman, Will Allen, Jeff Demps, Dane Fletcher, Spencer Larsen, Myron Pryor, Kyle Hix, Donte Stallworth as well as Talib...

Talib is the biggest off season must sign in my book, but we missed Chandler Jones, Gronk and Love in this one as much if not more than Talib.  We lost because the other team physically beat us up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Gronk, Love (1st quarter), Chandler Jones, Ras Dowling, Edelman, Will Allen, Jeff Demps, Dane Fletcher, Spencer Larsen, Myron Pryor, Kyle Hix, Donte Stallworth as well as Talib...

Talib is the biggest off season must sign in my book, but we missed Chandler Jones, Gronk and Love in this one as much if not more than Talib.  We lost because the other team physically beat us up.

I agree Pats were not good enough to win without Gronk and Talib against a team like the Ravens.  Edelman would have helped too ... he was a proven return guy, but also was becoming a good receiver too.  With Ballard and Demps and hopefully a FA deep threat WR  they are the AFC fav for the Super Bowl. I think Dennard will really emerge next year, if he isn't in jail ...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Dennard was the steal of the 2012 draft after his run in with a Nebraska cop his stock drooped faster than a ponzi scheme. Allowing the Patriots to draft him in the 7th round and he was a legitimate 1rst round talent,but conversely Wilson wasn't a second round talent.all things equal out in the end. As for talib he's a legitimate shutdown corner Bolden couldn't catch squat when he was up against someone his own size,the midgets let us down again!

Dennard is excellent, however he has a court date early Feb, he has a very serious felony assault charge to deal with, involving a police officer. He could very well get some prison time.

I knew as soon as Talib was injured it was over, and sure enough. Belichick signs special team players cut by other teams , Marquis Cole, Arrington,  and expects them to play like high draft picks.

If Gronk and Talib were in the game the results could have been different, they both seem injury proned, at this point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Outside of QB, there should be no one position on your offense or defense that sinks a game. You should always be able to sustatin one huge star injury and win. 

NE cannot. Lose Gronk, Lose Talib. Lose.

+1

A reclamation project cornerback you picked up at the trade deadline should be the key to you winning or losing. On offense, last week it was all about how they still scored 41 on Houston without Gronk and with a week to plan, the offense would not miss him. Gronk is the only guy on this team that Brady can throw to when he is covered. Lloyd, Welker, Hernandez and the running backs all need to catch the ball in space to do anything.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Is this a joke?  I thought he severely hurt his value in this game.  What is the point of having this guy around if he gets injured when we need him most.  He missed 3 of our 4 biggest games this year because of injury (Houston 1, SF, AFC championship).   I would not pay top dollar for this guy.  At least not right now.  Maybe I'll feel better about it in a few days.

And we have a winner here!  I agree with this post!