BRING BACK ROMEO CRENNEL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlm140. Show rlm140's posts

BRING BACK ROMEO CRENNEL

THE PATRIOT DEFENSE HAS NEVER PLAYED AS WELL SINCE ROMEO LEFT.
    Yes I know that we do not have the same personnel - BUT - I will use a version of Bum Phillips old comment on an opposing coach - "Romeo can take his guys and beat your guys - then he can take your guys and beat his guys." My point is simply - ROMEO CRENNEL WOULD HAVE THESE GUYS BETTER PREPARED AND WOULD MAKE BETTER GAME ADJUSTMENTS" . THEY will never make the Super Bowl with this defensive coaching of these Patriot defense players. In addition, We really need to get the Offensive Coordinator show more imagination - the offense has got to score a lot of points - if we expect to make the playoffs and the play calling was very poor for most of the game.
    Bill B should bring Romeo back as a special consultant - asap.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Re: BRING BACK ROMEO CRENNEL

In Response to BRING BACK ROMEO CRENNEL:
    [QUOTE]THE PATRIOT DEFENSE HAS NEVER PLAYED AS WELL SINCE ROMEO LEFT. Yes I know that we do not have the same personnel - BUT - I will use a version of Bum Phillips old comment on an opposing coach - "Romeo can take his guys and beat your guys - then he can take your guys and beat his guys." My point is simply - ROMEO CRENNEL WOULD HAVE THESE GUYS BETTER PREPARED AND WOULD MAKE BETTER GAME ADJUSTMENTS" . THEY will never make the Super Bowl with this defensive coaching of these Patriot defense players. In addition, We really need to get the Offensive Coordinator show more imagination - the offense has got to score a lot of points - if we expect to make the playoffs and the play calling was very poor for most of the game. Bill B should bring Romeo back as a special consultant - asap.
    Posted by rlm140[/QUOTE]

The Pats do not have an OC, they have a QB coach who calls the plays.

OK so we know one thing BB demands is excellence from everyone in the organization.  Knowing what you know about BB, do you think he would stand for anything less than the best people can bring?

BTW Romeo is having hip replacement surgery and is not available until next year.  If Romeo is so great a D coach what happened in Cleveland? He couldn't win with his own, never mind yours

I am so glad you have it all figured out after one game.  Please keep us in the loop with more of your wisdom

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I am so glad you have it all figured out after one game.  Please keep us in the loop with more of your wisdom". ROFL. Can we bring in Bill Parcells as a special consultant too? He knows a thing or two about defense. Heck why not bring in "rlm140" instead and just get insights direct from the source? Hint: Romeo wasn't suiting up and putting on the pads. We had a dominant defense and the key pieces got older. Can Romeo turn back time? If so I imagine he'll be in too much demand for that and won't have much time to consult with us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlm140. Show rlm140's posts

To "provpats" and "boston troll spanker":
    Thank you for acknowledging my actual superior knowledge concerning the Patriots. Plain and Simple - Romeo Crennel as the Defensive Coordinator would have had a better game plan and gotten better execution from the Patriots Defensive personnel that played last night - than Dean Pees. He may not be available - now - due to medical reasons - but as soon as he is available Bill B should bring him into the organization. I am not commenting on his capability as a head coach only as a defensive coordinator in which he is excellent considering his past performance with the Pats. Dean Pees has not gotten the job done. Remember how Romeo and his staff got yher job done against Peyton Manning in the playoffs - with Earthwind Morland in the secondary.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

If Romeo comes back then he can't appear in Coors Lite ads, and that just won't fly. All we need is for BB to punch Pees in the face. It worked for the Raiduhs!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE]THE PATRIOT DEFENSE HAS NEVER PLAYED AS WELL SINCE ROMEO LEFT. Yes I know that we do not have the same personnel - BUT - I will use a version of Bum Phillips old comment on an opposing coach - "Romeo can take his guys and beat your guys - then he can take your guys and beat his guys." My point is simply - ROMEO CRENNEL WOULD HAVE THESE GUYS BETTER PREPARED AND WOULD MAKE BETTER GAME ADJUSTMENTS" . THEY will never make the Super Bowl with this defensive coaching of these Patriot defense players. In addition, We really need to get the Offensive Coordinator show more imagination - the offense has got to score a lot of points - if we expect to make the playoffs and the play calling was very poor for most of the game. Bill B should bring Romeo back as a special consultant - asap.
    Posted by rlm140[/QUOTE]BB needs to take over the defensive playcalling before it's too late. The last drive gave us a couple sacks, that was Belichick taking over at the end of the game. I have been calling for Pees head all last year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomp4. Show boomp4's posts

Romeo was horrid in Cleveland. BB ran the D when he was DC in NE. Time for BB to take over again. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Should we bring back Pete Carroll for offense too. I mean look at USC right

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Boy, folks are quick on the trigger around here.  This is a new defense.  It's going to take some time for this thing to jell.  There are a lot of things that play into the way Buffalo played.  The Pats decided to take away TO and Evans.  This gave up the flats.  If the RB got by the LBs it would be a while before you saw a safety.  At the end of the game Edwards had to go deeper thus the sacks.  It wasn't Belichick taking over the D.

Crennel would not be able to help get this thing on track any faster than Pees.  If Crennel was still here everyone would be calling for his head instead.  The talent wasn't there last year and now we have something to work with.  It's going to take some time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlm140. Show rlm140's posts

In Response to Re: BRING BACK ROMEO CRENNEL:
    [QUOTE]Boy, folks are quick on the trigger around here.  This is a new defense.  It's going to take some time for this thing to jell.  There are a lot of things that play into the way Buffalo played.  The Pats decided to take away TO and Evans.  This gave up the flats.  If the RB got by the LBs it would be a while before you saw a safety.  At the end of the game Edwards had to go deeper thus the sacks.  It wasn't Belichick taking over the D. Crennel would not be able to help get this thing on track any faster than Pees.  If Crennel was still here everyone would be calling for his head instead.  The talent wasn't there last year and now we have something to work with.  It's going to take some time.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlm140. Show rlm140's posts

Dumping Pees as defensive co-ordinator is NOT QUICK ON THE TRIGGER. We were 1-2 plays away from victory against the Colts in the AFC title game in 2006 season, One - two defensive plays away against the giants in the Super Bowl - then last year against the jets - the game that really knocked us out of the Playoffs - the jets are 3 and 14 on their 15 yard line and they get a first down via a pass to a TE that killed them all night. Then there was last Monday night - the defense was lousy - they could not stop the bills on 3rd down in the 4th quarter.
    Bill B nee3ds better coordinators especially on Defense - it has gone down hill since Romeo left. Keep Pees on as a Linebacker coach but get Romeo in there game planning and making adjustments and things will get better immediately

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Posted by rlm140[/QUOTE]

Several things that might have not occured to you.....

The Pats D under Romeo had the best group of personel put together since the Steelers steel curtain defense

Romeo might not want to go back to being a coordinator after being a head coach

Even if he did he probably wouldn't stay long and we'd be back to square one after one season

Maybe he's done with football

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]Should we bring back Pete Carroll for offense too. I mean look at USC right
    Posted by Tnutts[/QUOTE]

Good one

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Bring back Charlie Weiss... now that is something that there should be no argument against.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]Bring back Charlie Weiss... now that is something that there should be no argue against.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Unless he gets fired Weiss will coach ND until he drops dead

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRING BACK ROMEO CRENNEL : Unless he gets fired Weiss will coach ND until he drops dead
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]

One more bowl-less season should be enough... although beating Michigan did breathe life back into his corpse.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRING BACK ROMEO CRENNEL : One more bowl-less season should be enough... although beating Michigan did breathe life back into his corpse.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

When did they beat Michigan?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WarriorAssassin. Show WarriorAssassin's posts

If my memory serves me correct. The same could be said about Cassell last year after his 1st game. Everybody wanted him gone and yes I even thought he should have been cut before the season started. Everyone is on this emotional high... or low about how bad the D played. Bottom line is, it's going to take time to see where we are at as a team.

Maybe we should take T.Brown out of retirement and have him take Mayo's spot. Yeah that will really help.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRING BACK ROMEO CRENNEL : When did they beat Michigan?
    Posted by Tnutts[/QUOTE]

Sorry my sarcasm didnt come across in the post...  of course they didnt beat Michigan, I was just responding to the idea someone put forth that Weiss's job with Notre Dame was secure... it's not.

I'd love to have him back as an offensive coordinator.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]Dumping Pees as defensive co-ordinator is NOT QUICK ON THE TRIGGER. We were 1-2 plays away from victory against the Colts in the AFC title game in 2006 season, One - two defensive plays away against the giants in the Super Bowl - then last year against the jets - the game that really knocked us out of the Playoffs - the jets are 3 and 14 on their 15 yard line and they get a first down via a pass to a TE that killed them all night. Then there was last Monday night - the defense was lousy - they could not stop the bills on 3rd down in the 4th quarter. Bill B nee3ds better coordinators especially on Defense - it has gone down hill since Romeo left. Keep Pees on as a Linebacker coach but get Romeo in there game planning and making adjustments and things will get better immediately
    Posted by rlm140[/QUOTE]

What I meant by being quick, it's one game into the season.  We have new personnel.  This will take time to come together.  The defense personnelwise hasn't been right since Pees took over.  The game against the Colts we had no depth in the secondary.  There were a couple of guys that I didn't even know were on the team and they got beat soundly.  Against the Giants if Samuel holds on to the ball it's game over.  It took a couple of excellent plays by the Giants to beat us as well.  They were at the top of their game and I tip my hat off to them.  Again we weren't deep in the secondary or Hobbs wouldn't have been playing, dinged up as he was.  Romeo wouldn't be a difference maker here.  This new defense just needs a little time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i'm sure that if romeo wanted to be here he would be. i think he has some serious health problems at the moment if i remember correctly though. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from km20. Show km20's posts

I agree that the D was bad in Game 1. Its not exactly an isolated game, the D has been sub-par for most of the last 3-4 seasons. So, yes, we need to get Pees out of there..

Also, the O-Line better step up and protect Brady (they stank in the first half and seemed to have their backs handed to them by BB at the half, they were much better in the second) else we'll be watching Hoyer grow into a "good enough" QB this season... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRING BACK ROMEO CRENNEL : Sorry my sarcasm didnt come across in the post...  of course they didnt beat Michigan, I was just responding to the idea someone put forth that Weiss's job with Notre Dame was secure... it's not. I'd love to have him back as an offensive coordinator.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry lol. I was gonna say someone shut their TV off early saturday haha

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

And Charlie  wies Patriots Where at there Best when they were here Since There Defense has been Pathetic. Get Romeo back. Maybe the Pats Defense Can wake up Or get people in there that have a Clue on what there doing Cause This Defense couldn't stop a turtle.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickDesper. Show RickDesper's posts

[QUOTE]Boy, folks are quick on the trigger around here.  This is a new defense.  It's going to take some time for this thing to jell.  There are a lot of things that play into the way Buffalo played.  The Pats decided to take away TO and Evans.  This gave up the flats.  If the RB got by the LBs it would be a while before you saw a safety.  At the end of the game Edwards had to go deeper thus the sacks.  It wasn't Belichick taking over the D. Crennel would not be able to help get this thing on track any faster than Pees.  If Crennel was still here everyone would be calling for his head instead.  The talent wasn't there last year and now we have something to work with.  It's going to take some time.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

And probably fans shouldn't blame the defensive coordinator when the starting middle linebacker, who is also the defensive captain and the best player on the defense, goes down in the first quarter.  The defense had been designed to have Mayo in the middle.  When Mayo was in the middle, they did just fine. 

And even without Mayo, the defense only gave up 17 points.  The other 7 were on an absurd INT by Brady that I'm sure he would admit was a terrible throw.