Broncos Lose More Continuity

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: Broncos Lose More Continuity

Can you two just exchange email addresses so the rest of aren't subjected to the idiotic she-said she-said that you turn every thread into?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to Bustchise's comment:

[QUOTE]

Seems that continuity only matters for other teams, right queenie. That being said, how will the Broncos deal with the loss of their top five pass catchers from last year? And when will you stop crying about these made up media stories about what teams not named the patsies are or are not elite?

Considering our RB group is currently loaded, our O LIne is one of the best in the league, and the fact we have nice TEs, solid WRs, many new, and some guy name Brady who has dealt with new WRs in previous incarcations, I'd say the lack of continuity on a defense is a more serious matter in the passing era of the NFL.

Duh.

Only morons think you have to throw 40 times to put up 25+ points in a game.

Good thing Clady and his torn labrum was just paid 52 million over the next 5 years to protect Gomer.  Hmm. Strange. We have our Tackles signed and in camp. Would be a shame if Gomer went down because their starting LT wasn't there to protect a soon to be 38 year old blind side with a worn down neck.

See, if they had managed their cap better, Joe Mays would be there and so would Dumervil.

[/QUOTE]

On offense Brady and the o-line are the strengths (and I think the most important parts of an offense), but "our running back group is loaded"? I like Vereen but he still needs to prove he can be a pass catcher out of the backfield (8 career receptions), after that where is the depth. Bolden is battling Legarrette Blount who is just trying to stay in the NFL at this point. Leon Washington is a kick returner first and a RB second, and the other guys are UDFAs and a guy who has spent three years on practice squads (Develin). 

Right now the TEs on the roster (and not on the PUP) are Hoomanawanui, Fells, Ford and Sudfeld. Edelman, the only WR with actual experience catches passes from Brady, is also on the PUP to start camp. There are seven WRs who have never caught an NFL pass at all, and if you add together the two most experience receivers best seasons (Amendola and Jenkins), they totally fewer yards (1466) than Welker put up in one year (1569 in 2011).

I think the defensive front seven will be awesome and the overall strongest part of this Patriots team, but in the defensive backfield is up in the air. The Dennard situation (especially to start the year) is still unclear, Dowling has managed to play 8 games in two seasons and Talib has finished each of the last three season injured. Not to mention, one of the starting safeties will be a guy who lost his starting safety job last season (be it either Wilson or Gregory).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Seems that continuity only matters for other teams, right queenie. That being said, how will the Broncos deal with the loss of their top five pass catchers from last year? And when will you stop crying about these made up media stories about what teams not named the patsies are or are not elite?

What not so trusty Rusty is failing to tell you is that Mays missed most of last season due to a suspension, and a broken leg. He also has conveniently left out that Mays was set to earned over $4mil. this season. His replacement from last year can play as well, and for a smaller cap number. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

[QUOTE]

What not so trusty Rusty is failing to tell you is that Mays missed most of last season due to a suspension, and a broken leg. He also has conveniently left out that Mays was set to earned over $4mil. this season. His replacement from last year can play as well, and for a smaller cap number. 

[/QUOTE]

I find it funny that Rusty is in attack mode with the Broncos.  He is seriously bothered by the threat they are in the AFC to the Patriots.  I must say Elway and Fox are doing well with the moves they have made and continue to make.  I think they are a huge threat,  I'm not going to sit here and try and pretend that they aren't and try and bash them for everything that goes on in Denver.  Rusty is acting like a jealous school girl with these type threads.  I think this was a very good move by the Broncos to get rid of Mays.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Much better...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Not sure how losing a guy who missed the last ten games of the season last year is a break in continuity. Not mention the Broncos were 3-3 with Mays and 10-0 without him. It seems like he had already been replaced so the basically cut a $4M backup.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Not sure how losing a guy who missed the last ten games of the season last year is a break in continuity. Not mention the Broncos were 3-3 with Mays and 10-0 without him. It seems like he had already been replaced so the basically cut a $4M backup.

Only in Rusty's warped, little pea sized brain it is.  Another horrible thread by the biggest troll on the forum.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I would never want BB to resign...he is the best coach in the NFL. I also would not want any other person or persons to be the Pats GM, however I often disagree with some of BB's free agency decisions.

Tell Mr two face...when the Ravens signed Dumervil, and posters were touting it, why did you say Dumervil was no big thing? Yet he is when Denver loses him?

Per John Clayton;

"John Elway felt good enough about his defensive talent that he took a gamble to free up salary-cap room. He approached Dumervil and his agent about taking a significant pay cut from his $12 million salary. Here was the thinking: Dumervil had 11 sacks, but only four of them came in the critical closing moments of victories.

With less than an hour before a deadline that would have guaranteed Dumervil’s salary, Dumervil’s agent agreed to a pay cut, but the paperwork on the restructured deal didn’t get to the Broncos in time, so the defensive end was released."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I find it funny that Rusty is in attack mode with the Broncos.  He is seriously bothered by the threat they are in the AFC to the Patriots.  I must say Elway and Fox are doing well with the moves they have made and continue to make.  I think they are a huge threat,  I'm not going to sit here and try and pretend that they aren't and try and bash them for everything that goes on in Denver.  Rusty is acting like a jealous school girl with these type threads.  I think this was a very good move by the Broncos to get rid of Mays.

Rusty misnamed the title of this thread. Instead of "Broncos Lose More Continuity", it should have been entitled, "Horseface Hang-ups", "Rusty Running Scared", or just the simple title, "Panic".

LOL!!!!   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He leaves things out, makes things up and outright lies, daily. And those just fill in the gaps to his norm, which is simply being wrong. Basically his every contribution is worthless.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

I say let the season speak for its self and when Pats and Denver met on Nov.24!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

It seems to me that what we have to ask is

1) Do we have the team to get to the Playoffs

With our division - i should hope so

Offense: Losing AH has hurt big time. Are we an over or under a 30pt offensive team? The QB, Oline and when Gronk is there the TE's are superior. I like our runninggame and hope to see more of it. We have to be able to run more and when we have to run run better. Will TB catch the magic with the WR's like in 2006 when the best receiver was the open man? I sure hope so but I don't think we will a plus 30 pt team. The rest of the AFC all have there questionmarks as big or bigger than the Pats except maybe Houston.

I have my doubts about Denver

Defense: I think we have the talent and coaching to get us to a top 10 Defensive team. I don;t see a real weakness - Whereas our big competition. Denver, Baltimore and Pittsburg are all weaker than last year. I am uncertain about Houston

ST; We are good

2) Do we have the team that can win the SB?

I don't think we can count on scoring 30 pts in a PO game - To win it all we have to be tougher than the other guys. The D play level against TB is up a couple of levels when the good defensive teams play him. We have a real chance against the AFC but I am still trying to see what SF or Seattle turns out to be - either one is the big road block, the good thing is that the SB is in a cold weather stadium ( but Kaepernick threw well in the elements against US). Dont get fooled y LV odds - The odds are built around the big names adn getting people to bet- If the Pats get to the SB they will be the favorite no matter who they play

Cannot wait for the Preseason to start and read everyones' opinions
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

It seems to me that what we have to ask is

1) Do we have the team to get to the Playoffs

With our division - i should hope so

Offense: Losing AH has hurt big time. Are we an over or under a 30pt offensive team? The QB, Oline and when Gronk is there the TE's are superior. I like our runninggame and hope to see more of it. We have to be able to run more and when we have to run run better. Will TB catch the magic with the WR's like in 2006 when the best receiver was the open man? I sure hope so but I don't think we will a plus 30 pt team. The rest of the AFC all have there questionmarks as big or bigger than the Pats except maybe Houston.

I have my doubts about Denver

Defense: I think we have the talent and coaching to get us to a top 10 Defensive team. I don;t see a real weakness - Whereas our big competition. Denver, Baltimore and Pittsburg are all weaker than last year. I am uncertain about Houston

ST; We are good

2) Do we have the team that can win the SB?

I don't think we can count on scoring 30 pts in a PO game - To win it all we have to be tougher than the other guys. The D play level against TB is up a couple of levels when the good defensive teams play him. We have a real chance against the AFC but I am still trying to see what SF or Seattle turns out to be - either one is the big road block, the good thing is that the SB is in a cold weather stadium ( but Kaepernick threw well in the elements against US). Dont get fooled y LV odds - The odds are built around the big names adn getting people to bet- If the Pats get to the SB they will be the favorite no matter who they play

Cannot wait for the Preseason to start and read everyones' opinions
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

RESPONSE: ..."To win it all we have to be tougher than the other guys." Amen.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

I haven't conveniently left out anything.  I predicted they would have to cut him. I also started a thread here when he broke his leg stating it would hurt them last year because he was a good player.

RESPONSE: Really? Than why didn't I see any mention of these things in your original post? 

The media continued to pizss in the wind, pretend old man Brooking in the new 4-3 to appease Dumervil made them this strong D.

RESPONSE:Strong "D"? Denver's "D" was good only because, in Dumervil and the "medicated" Von Miller, they had two extremely good pass rushers.

And what happens?  Balt walks into Denver and puts up 27 points or whatever it was and they're exposed as I predicted.

RESPONSE: Sorry...I missed where you predicted that. Care to back up your boast? Incidently, Not-so Trusty Tusty, Baltimore put up 35 points on the Broncos in regulation, before tacking on a FG to win, in double OT.    

I also talked about how Denver doesn't have any FA room due to cap mismanagement. By not planning for Welker it messed up their Dumervil bidding leverage for the "restructure" once Dumervil hoodwinked Elway.

RESPONSE: The Dumervil thing had nothng to do with Welker.

The Rodgers-Cromartie signing was a good one. As was Welker, but at what cost to other parts of the roster?

RESPONSE: How so? Cromartie was terrible in Philly last season. Please explain, and back with facts for a change, how signing Welker had negative effects on the rest of their roster? 

Well, it appears I was right again. They significantly weakened the experience and quality of their overrated D from last year (they played no one down the stretch and except a shellshocked Balt who just fired their OC).

RESPONSE: When were you right the first time...let alone "again"? The Broncos soundly beat the Ravens in Baltimore late in the regular season. 

Hey, who knows maybe all these new front 7 guys come in and their first team in NFL history to supplant the base of one D to another and somehow be very good. lmao

RESPONSE: So...it's the fault of MLB Brooking that the Ravens scored 5 TDs against the Horsefaces in the play-offs? The Ravens score 3 TDs on passes of 32, 59, and 70 yards...plus scored on a long interception return of an errant Manning pass.  

Are you really arguing that if Denver had Joe Mays playing MLB, the results would have been different? Was it  Brookings' fault that Raven's WR Jacoby Jones got behind the Horeface secondary for a 70 yard play, in the game's closing minutes? Was it Brookings' fault that Joe Flacco threw for 331 yards, and had those 3 long TD passes? Was it his fault that The Horseface threw a pick-6?  

All this time and energy that you're expending worrying about the Broncos smacks of an extremely panic stricken individual. Time to revisit your therapist, son.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Can you name a deeper RB group in the AFC? We have two 1000 yard rushers (Ridley and Blount), Leon Washington is an experienced scatback, Vereen is likely set for a break out year and Brandon Bolden apparently is loved by Fears and BB. He STARTED for us an UDFA last year on the road in Baltimore.

What UDFA RB has ever done that on a BB team?

As for the D, Tavon Wilson emerged well in the nickel role with reduced snaps as a rookie. How many rookie Safeties have even started for a BB D?  Eugene Wilson? Ok, well, he had a HOF type Safety to play next to.

I like the way he progressed for us after his early season over-aggressive play.

In 2002, the only guy to catch passes from Brady were Troy Brown and David Patten. His TEs were brand new with Graham and Fauria.

Our RB group is way more talented now than it was then.  Smith came in out of shape and field in 2002 and Faulk was the back up.

So, this "we're doomed" tone to you and others' tone is very premature.  I guess that's how spoiled Brady has been in recent years, huh?

First of all, according to all reports, Blount is on the outside looking in and the Patriots 53-man roster going into camp so the fact he was a 1000 yard rusher three years ago is meaningless.

Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller. Ben Tate and Arian Foster. Ray Rice and Benard Pierce. Heck, Chris Brown and Shonn Greene have both had 1000 yard season in their careers. You are totally projecting what you think Vereen can do. I think he has potential, but he has not done it in the NFL yet! Leon Washington's production has drop off precipitously over the past years (15 receptions his final year in NY and 23 total in 3 years - and 48 games - with SEA). (Plus of Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Washington, and Blount - there is a good chance only 4 of them make the 53 man roster). 

Who cares if Tavon Wilson started? He was not good enough to keep the job. He got burned deep late in the Seattle game and early (on essentially the exact same pattern) in the Rams game.

True that in 2002 the only guys WR who had previous experience with Brady were Patten and Brown. They were also the two leading receivers in 2001 (and again in 2002). Edelman was the 6th leading receiver on the team last year. In 2002, four of the top five reception leaders were back, in 2013 one of the top five will be back (if and when Gronk is healthy). You do not think that is a difference?

I, in no way whatsoever, think the Patriots are "doomed" this season. I think Brady and 10 JAGs could probably make the playoffs. I just think you are overrating a lot of players on this team without having seen them on the field together.

There are question I am waiting for training camp, preseason and early regular season to find out the answers to...

On offense, Can Amendola replace Welker's production? Can Vereen replace Woodhead (747 total yards, 7 TDs)? Who will replace Lloyd and Hernandez (1394 yards, 9 TDs).?

On defense, who will be the other starting safety next to McCourty. Will Dennard be there? Will Talib and Dowling hold up healthwise? Can Jones and Hightower take the next step? Who plays next to Wilfork and how productive are they?

I expected the Pats to be 11-5 and AFC Champs in a worst case scenario. The question for me is will they be championship caliber or not.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Broncos are not on the Patriots.  This should be the last time they are discussed here.

Let's move on.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Can you name a deeper RB group in the AFC? We have two 1000 yard rushers (Ridley and Blount), Leon Washington is an experienced scatback, Vereen is likely set for a break out year and Brandon Bolden apparently is loved by Fears and BB. He STARTED for us an UDFA last year on the road in Baltimore.

As for the D, Tavon Wilson emerged well in the nickel role with reduced snaps as a rookie. How many rookie Safeties have even started for a BB D?  Eugene Wilson? Ok, well, he had a HOF type Safety to play next to.

I like the way he progressed for us after his early season over-aggressive play.

In 2002, the only guy to catch passes from Brady were Troy Brown and David Patten. His TEs were brand new with Graham and Fauria.

Our RB group is way more talented now than it was then.  Smith came in out of shape and field in 2002 and Faulk was the back up.

So, this "we're doomed" tone to you and others' tone is very premature.  I guess that's how spoiled Brady has been in recent years, huh?

First of all, according to all reports, Blount is on the outside looking in and the Patriots 53-man roster going into camp so the fact he was a 1000 yard rusher three years ago is meaningless.

Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller. Ben Tate and Arian Foster. Ray Rice and Benard Pierce. Heck, Chris Brown and Shonn Greene have both had 1000 yard season in their careers. You are totally projecting what you think Vereen can do. I think he has potential, but he has not done it in the NFL yet! Leon Washington's production has drop off precipitously over the past years (15 receptions his final year in NY and 23 total in 3 years - and 48 games - with SEA). (Plus of Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Washington, and Blount - there is a good chance only 4 of them make the 53 man roster). 

Who cares if Tavon Wilson started? He was not good enough to keep the job. He got burned deep late in the Seattle game and early (on essentially the exact same pattern) in the Rams game.

True that in 2002 the only guys WR who had previous experience with Brady were Patten and Brown. They were also the two leading receivers in 2001 (and again in 2002). Edelman was the 6th leading receiver on the team last year. In 2002, four of the top five reception leaders were back, in 2013 one of the top five will be back (if and when Gronk is healthy). You do not think that is a difference?

I, in no way whatsoever, think the Patriots are "doomed" this season. I think Brady and 10 JAGs could probably make the playoffs. I just think you are overrating a lot of players on this team without having seen them on the field together.

There are question I am waiting for training camp, preseason and early regular season to find out the answers to...

On offense, Can Amendola replace Welker's production? Can Vereen replace Woodhead (747 total yards, 7 TDs)? Who will replace Lloyd and Hernandez (1394 yards, 9 TDs).?

On defense, who will be the other starting safety next to McCourty. Will Dennard be there? Will Talib and Dowling hold up healthwise? Can Jones and Hightower take the next step? Who plays next to Wilfork and how productive are they?

I expected the Pats to be 11-5 and AFC Champs in a worst case scenario. The question for me is will they be championship caliber or not.

[/QUOTE]

I agree Blount is on the outside looking in, but this is also his best chance to save his career.

Besides, Reiss agrees with me that it won't be shocking to see BB keep 3 TEs instead of 4 and go with 5 RBs like the old days again. If the idea is to pass less, run a bit more, Brady at 36, Gronk maybe slow to come off the PUP, makes perfect sense, Frankie boy.

Amendola doesn't need to do 115 catches. In fact, I hope he doesn't. I hope Brady spreads it around more. But, Amendola has a chance to do more than 4 or 5 TDs than Weker's norm, because he is taller and hence an actual red zone threat.

As for Woodhead, much of why we blew leads and lost big time games was overusing him. No knock on him, but that is what too much use of a scatback for a team that expects to win a SB. An inability to run between the tackles and wear down Ds, with his overuse, is a major wake up call for our offense. Welker and Woodhead used too much vs good Ds = Probable loss.

Also, I wasn't asking you to list AFC teams 1 and 2 backs. I was asking for a better depth chart from 1-5.  I see you avoided that, so I'll take that as a concession of defeat from you.

Be prepared for a tweaked offense. 

[/QUOTE]

I am fine with a tweaked offense, but regardless of how the offense works, more than half of the yards from scrimmage are gone between Welker, Lloyd, Woodhead and Hernandez. Even if the run they ball more, and changed the passing game, you still need to replace all of that with the new players. 

As far as the running back depth, I think there are multiple teams with second options that have much better resumes than Vereen. I think you are still rating him based on his potential rather than what he has done. Like I said, I am waiting for camp, preseason and the first couple of games before I makes judgements on guys like. After that, Bolden has one game of note in his career (and he got popped for PEDs after that). Washington has been on the decline for the past three seasons in terms of RB stats. I just do not see the depth from 2-4 (or 5 if the keep Blount) that you do. Besides, if you are end up in a situation where you #5 RB needs meaningful playing time, you have other problems.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree Blount is on the outside looking in, but this is also his best chance to save his career.

Besides, Reiss agrees with me that it won't be shocking to see BB keep 3 TEs instead of 4 and go with 5 RBs like the old days again. If the idea is to pass less, run a bit more, Brady at 36, Gronk maybe slow to come off the PUP, makes perfect sense, Frankie boy.

Amendola doesn't need to do 115 catches. In fact, I hope he doesn't. I hope Brady spreads it around more. But, Amendola has a chance to do more than 4 or 5 TDs than Weker's norm, because he is taller and hence an actual red zone threat.

As for Woodhead, much of why we blew leads and lost big time games was overusing him. No knock on him, but that is what too much use of a scatback for a team that expects to win a SB. An inability to run between the tackles and wear down Ds, with his overuse, is a major wake up call for our offense. Welker and Woodhead used too much vs good Ds = Probable loss.

Also, I wasn't asking you to list AFC teams 1 and 2 backs. I was asking for a better depth chart from 1-5.  I see you avoided that, so I'll take that as a concession of defeat from you.

Be prepared for a tweaked offense. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't see BB only keeping 3 TE's.

Welker's td norm over the past 2 years were an average of 7.5, not 4 or 5.

Amendola isn't going to be more of a red zone threat.  I will be over joyed if he gets 8 td's or more. Not sure he is durable enough to get 115 catches so yeah, I hope he doesn't have to get that many,

As far as RB depth, nobody has an offense like NE's so yes, the Pats have depth.  But big deal as far as rushing goes.  Many teams have 2 RB's who can gain 2k on the ground, the Pats use 3-4 to get that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

He also hurt his leg after the Adderrall positive test. Washington is not on the decline at all. He's a scatback as is Vereen. Vereen also can be used in the slot. Plenty of value and match up problem potential there.

If you're seriously this poor at analyzing skills sets and how they can be used to help our team, I think you should start to look for a new team to root for. This is where you can get really annoying.

I bring up one strong point, you scramble in your Rolodex to change the discussion and try to deflect as some kind of an RKrap Jr.

Bolden started as an UDFA rookie RB by Week 3 in Baltimore. Do the math. BB isn't going to give the keys to a rookie to pass protect TOm Brady if they aren't entrusting the rookie RB to do that. The guy is very talented and can be someone they can use.

Ideally, he and Ridley shoulde be used at a 60/40 kind of clip, but in the same way. Maybe Ridley gets 800 yards and Bolden 600 or something like that.  Throw in some Vereen, maybe some Blount (if he makes it).

We're a long way from Sammy Morris and Laurence Maroney here.

So Bolden started in week three. Who cares about that? He had 4 yards on 2 carries. My point is that he has one game worth talking about in his NFL career and you are pencilling him in for 600 yards. Outside of the Bills game last year (one of worst rushing defenses in the NFL) he average 3.4 yards per carry on 40 carries. 

I never said were were not better than we were with Morris and Maroney, I just disagree that we have some deep stable of running backs. Leon Washington will be 31, both his yards per carry and yards per reception were down from his time in New York to his time in Seattle. Blount will be lucky to make the team. Vereen and Bolden are unproven and your are projecting. I never said they will not be good, I said, I would wait until the season has started to make a proclimation about how good they are.