Bronco's, Manning bail out Wes Welker in Mile High NFL 2013 debut........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Bronco's, Manning bail out Wes Welker in Mile High NFL 2013 debut........

It's perfectly okay to remember Welker as that guy who couldn't catch that one pass that time, but I'm not sure what to make of a thread that ridicules a guy who played a big role in Denver dropping 49 on the defending champs (who were kicking our sorry @sses in our house last we saw of them).

Well . . .   we're New England fans, after all, and when this wonderful ride is over I expect most people will rue what might have been more than they'll  cherish what was actually attained.

Again, that's okay, but it's important to remember that the grapes weren't really sour; the fox just told himself that so he would feel better about not being able to get any.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

Pro, play the apologist if you like. This is BOSTON, HOME of the New England Patriots. AND, THE MOST NOTORIOUSLY PASSIONATE FAN BASE IN THE COUNTRY. If you haven't noticed, or read the papers lately, WE aren't a very forgiving group when it comes to egregious errors and gaffs in CLUTCH TIME. Go ahead, drop all the balls you want, WHEN IT DOESN'T have any season ending implications for the team that I have invested so much personal time, personal finances, and dedication into, not to mention the 10's of millions of $s the tickets cost all us collectively as loyal and hopeful fans so that you can be paid your $500,000+ per game salary only to drop the most important passes in the most critical juncture of our last two Super Bowl runs. How many games have you watched sitting in Sullivan's Stadium watching the Patriots get embarrassed??? 

Ask Bill Buckner if he understands why so many feel the way we do about Wes Walker. And on top of it all, HE WANTED MORE MONEY than what he deserved then took less to go elsewhere. PRO, no offense man, BUT YOU CAN'T relate to what REAL, HOME GROWN, LOYAL who've been through the decades of mediocirty feel like about this tipic. YOU, TFB, and others like the PATS and their players now because they have been so good for so long now. WELL, WE don't understand your way of thinking either man, because the vast majority of us here believe we deserve the benefits of having been loyal and we don't have to tolerate mediocrity at least for as long as BB is in charge. Obviously BB understands this too, and that is why Wes Welker is not a NE Patriot. No offense to any of you who didn't grow up as Pats, or even BOSTON fans, but you realy don't understand.

WE ARE PASSIONATE BECAUSE WE TRULY CONNECT WITH AND LOVE OUR TEAMS FROM BOSTON, we don't just like an arbitrary team who happens to be very good for convenience or for the way their uniforms look. No offense buddy, but it is the truth, so trying to understand ain't gonna happen. YOU HAD TO BE THERE! If you outsiders want to love the Patriots, and I am certain there are many of you who do, welcome aboard! BUT don't come here trying to tell the life long PATS FANS WHAT IS RIGHT OR WRONG ABOUT HOW WE SHOULD FEEL. YOU HAVE NO BASIS OR UNDERSTANDING. Luv ya!

Blah, blah, blah . . . hey, I've been a fan of the team since the Jim Plunkett era and a waiting list member or season ticket holder for the past 18 seasons . . . 

I was born and bred in New England and lived there most of my life. 

You tell me about passion for the team when you spend all the money and deal with all the hassles of traveling to get to the home games every Sunday from Toronto . . . 

I'll be there Thursday night --- will you?

Getting back to the point, though . . . I still don't get the compulsion to slam Welker just because he's on another team now.  Football's a business and the players are gonna move on.  It's just life.  I won't root for him anymore, of course, but there's no reason to pretend like he's a bad player all of a sudden.  He is what he is, which is pretty much what he was when he was in New England . . . a very good slot receiver . . . no more and no less. 

[/QUOTE]
    If you wonder the same question over and over, then you have simply turned into a Canadian and will never understand. WE TRUE BOSTON fans, understand. To clarify, I never said WW was not a good slot receiver, I said that he CHOKES AT THE MOST INNOPORTUNE TIMES. We saw it last Thursday and he was bailed out by several factors. See NOBODY says WW isn't any good, we, ME, BB, and many others just don't trust him to come through in the most clutch moments. Understand now? You've seen the same things we've all seen for years now. Do you deny this fact? Or is this when you start saying things like, "Well we never woulda got there without him" or "he has lead the league in catches" BLAH, BLAH, BLAH..........I can't point to clear exhibitions af failure that negate any personal stats or achievements.

Now then, Enjoy the game tomorrow. I'll be looking for you from the comfort of my home! NO, I won't be there, but I do have box seats for the game in ATL end of the month, will be at Gillette on Nov. 3 against the Stellers,  then will be at the DEC-15 game in MIA. Will I see you at any of those????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Pro, play the apologist if you like. This is BOSTON, HOME of the New England Patriots. AND, THE MOST NOTORIOUSLY PASSIONATE FAN BASE IN THE COUNTRY. If you haven't noticed, or read the papers lately, WE aren't a very forgiving group when it comes to egregious errors and gaffs in CLUTCH TIME. Go ahead, drop all the balls you want, WHEN IT DOESN'T have any season ending implications for the team that I have invested so much personal time, personal finances, and dedication into, not to mention the 10's of millions of $s the tickets cost all us collectively as loyal and hopeful fans so that you can be paid your $500,000+ per game salary only to drop the most important passes in the most critical juncture of our last two Super Bowl runs. How many games have you watched sitting in Sullivan's Stadium watching the Patriots get embarrassed??? 

Ask Bill Buckner if he understands why so many feel the way we do about Wes Walker. And on top of it all, HE WANTED MORE MONEY than what he deserved then took less to go elsewhere. PRO, no offense man, BUT YOU CAN'T relate to what REAL, HOME GROWN, LOYAL who've been through the decades of mediocirty feel like about this tipic. YOU, TFB, and others like the PATS and their players now because they have been so good for so long now. WELL, WE don't understand your way of thinking either man, because the vast majority of us here believe we deserve the benefits of having been loyal and we don't have to tolerate mediocrity at least for as long as BB is in charge. Obviously BB understands this too, and that is why Wes Welker is not a NE Patriot. No offense to any of you who didn't grow up as Pats, or even BOSTON fans, but you realy don't understand.

WE ARE PASSIONATE BECAUSE WE TRULY CONNECT WITH AND LOVE OUR TEAMS FROM BOSTON, we don't just like an arbitrary team who happens to be very good for convenience or for the way their uniforms look. No offense buddy, but it is the truth, so trying to understand ain't gonna happen. YOU HAD TO BE THERE! If you outsiders want to love the Patriots, and I am certain there are many of you who do, welcome aboard! BUT don't come here trying to tell the life long PATS FANS WHAT IS RIGHT OR WRONG ABOUT HOW WE SHOULD FEEL. YOU HAVE NO BASIS OR UNDERSTANDING. Luv ya!

Rally, Sorry to break it to ya, a lot of people around the world are just as passionate about their team as hometown fans are.  It doesn't matter where you live, how long you have been a fan, going through the tough times with the team, so on and so forth.  I am in Raider and 49'er terrirtory.  Both franchises have gone through years of being horrible, well Raiders still are so they might be a bad example here, so lets just use the 49'ers.  I know older 49'er fans who have been fans their whole life, seen the most miserable years of the franchise and are very passionate about their team and I know younger 49'er fans who didn't go through all those horrible years with the 49'ers yet they are just as passionate if not in some cases more passionate fans then those older people who went through all those years of tough times with the team.  Some are from the erea, some aren't.  It doesn't matter.   Pinning big game losses on Welker is silly.  LOL @ Bill Buckner type play.  There are so many mistakes in each SB loss, the championship game loss that you can't pin it on one guy, yet you single out one player?  Not fair.   You want choking... why not blame BB for a terrible game plans?   How about BB chokes and gets out coached in the biggest games?  Last 2 SB's horrible game plans, he had no answers.  Out coached.  Terrible plan in the Ravens game, why not use Vereen more after being such a huge impact the week before?  Out coached!?!?   Maybe it was Talib's fault for getting hurt.  The defense looked horrible after he left the game.  My grandmother and her bingo club could have scored on that defense after Talib left.  I could go on and on.. there are so many mistakes all around that it's just not fair to pin it on one guy.

Btw, please show me where Welker took less money to go to Denver.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow!  What is your score prediction against the Bills?

TFB, OK. I understand that you truly believe what you are saying. I am not trying to say you aren't being genuine. BUT THE FACTS ARE THE FACTS. I come from BOSTON, MA. The exact City that was home base for holding down the fort while this Country was born, the same City that had direct involvement to 9-11, the worst attack on our homeland from foreign aggression since the War of Independance (with all due respect to the tragedy in Pearl Harbor, I am speaking of Continental US). The citizens wake up to reminders every single day that these battles and issues took place right here! How's that for a reminder of loyalty, Patriotism, committment, and how I should grow up???

In the mid 1800's folks who wanted even more liberal lifestyles high tailed it to the far reaches of the continent as far away from the "ISSUES" and traditions of the original American fore fathers as they could, and ended up in California. 150-years is not that long ago dude!!! WE are products of our cultures, TFB. This explains why you can have two football teams with amazing and storied traditions, 49ers/Raiders, and not feel committment to either. No offense, but West Coast Flaky vs. New England Commitment is the difference between our cultures. How am I so sure? I am 51 and haved lived all over the world, have spent significant time in every state in the US excluding Idaho and Montana. I have basis. I may be partial, but I am very fair in my assessment. A sociologist will tell you the same things I am saying, guaranteed. Again, no offense man.

We are just wired differently based on where we are from. Think about the Franchise choices in names in themselves how they represent the culture and history of the areas supporting each team and maybe you will see some of what I am saying: THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (WE are loyal and committed to the cause), The 49ers (Implies, We are here chasing GOLD!), and Raiders (speaks for itself!) NO COMPARISON! To answer your question: PATS Beat Bills by 21-PTS, 41-20! 

So now you are more American??  LOL, come on.  If you are so loyal, why are you in Atlanta?  Why not back in Boston doing something for the place you speak about loyalty so much?

And now how American people are is being based on the team names of the area they live in?  Please continue, this could get interesting.  Please tell me what the Redskins and Chiefs names imply?  Or how about the Cardinals, Seahawks and maybe the Bengals.  Man, no Americanism there!  They probably have no loyalty.  No offense, but your statements are ignorant and silly.

BTW, I agree with your score of tomorrows game.  I think the Pats score 40+, not so sure the Bills hit 20.  Maybe 17.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I never said WW was not a good slot receiver,

To your credit, that is true.

[QUOTE]

I said that he CHOKES AT THE MOST INNOPORTUNE TIMES. We saw it last Thursday and he was bailed out by several factors.

[/QUOTE]

WRONG.  THis is where you lose your credibility because I just addressed this on the previous page.  The score was 7-7 in the 2nd qtr when he fumbled a punt on the 2.  How was this such an INNOPORTUNE time?  It was early 2nd qtr, tied game.

Then you say he was bailed out by several factors.  The score was 21-17 Bronco's in the 3rd qtr and Welker scores the next 2 td's to start the blowout of the Ravens.  So please tell me what the several factors you speak of are?  Did you watch the game?  By the way you have talked about it in this thread I don't think you did.

[QUOTE]

See NOBODY says WW isn't any good, we, ME, BB, and many others just don't trust him to come through in the most clutch moments. Understand now?

[/QUOTE]

So maybe we could say this about BB too.  I don't trust BB when it comes to the big games.  He was out coached in the last two SB's, he was out coached in the Ravens game.  Where was Vereen when the week before he had a monster game?  How about his bend but don't break defense that ends up breaking the last 2 SB's, allowing for 83 and 88 game winning drives by the Giants.   Maybe we can get rid of him too since you bring up these trust issues.  Or once he leaves you can just all bash on him. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Rally, Sorry to break it to ya, a lot of people around the world are just as passionate about their team as hometown fans are.  It doesn't matter where you live, how long you have been a fan, going through the tough times with the team, so on and so forth.  I am in Raider and 49'er terrirtory.  Both franchises have gone through years of being horrible, well Raiders still are so they might be a bad example here, so lets just use the 49'ers.  I know older 49'er fans who have been fans their whole life, seen the most miserable years of the franchise and are very passionate about their team and I know younger 49'er fans who didn't go through all those horrible years with the 49'ers yet they are just as passionate if not in some cases more passionate fans then those older people who went through all those years of tough times with the team.  Some are from the erea, some aren't.  It doesn't matter.   Pinning big game losses on Welker is silly.  LOL @ Bill Buckner type play.  There are so many mistakes in each SB loss, the championship game loss that you can't pin it on one guy, yet you single out one player?  Not fair.   You want choking... why not blame BB for a terrible game plans?   How about BB chokes and gets out coached in the biggest games?  Last 2 SB's horrible game plans, he had no answers.  Out coached.  Terrible plan in the Ravens game, why not use Vereen more after being such a huge impact the week before?  Out coached!?!?   Maybe it was Talib's fault for getting hurt.  The defense looked horrible after he left the game.  My grandmother and her bingo club could have scored on that defense after Talib left.  I could go on and on.. there are so many mistakes all around that it's just not fair to pin it on one guy.

Btw, please show me where Welker took less money to go to Denver.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow!  What is your score prediction against the Bills?

TFB, OK. I understand that you truly believe what you are saying. I am not trying to say you aren't being genuine. BUT THE FACTS ARE THE FACTS. I come from BOSTON, MA. The exact City that was home base for holding down the fort while this Country was born, the same City that had direct involvement to 9-11, the worst attack on our homeland from foreign aggression since the War of Independance (with all due respect to the tragedy in Pearl Harbor, I am speaking of Continental US). The citizens wake up to reminders every single day that these battles and issues took place right here! How's that for a reminder of loyalty, Patriotism, committment, and how I should grow up???

In the mid 1800's folks who wanted even more liberal lifestyles high tailed it to the far reaches of the continent as far away from the "ISSUES" and traditions of the original American fore fathers as they could, and ended up in California. 150-years is not that long ago dude!!! WE are products of our cultures, TFB. This explains why you can have two football teams with amazing and storied traditions, 49ers/Raiders, and not feel committment to either. No offense, but West Coast Flaky vs. New England Commitment is the difference between our cultures. How am I so sure? I am 51 and haved lived all over the world, have spent significant time in every state in the US excluding Idaho and Montana. I have basis. I may be partial, but I am very fair in my assessment. A sociologist will tell you the same things I am saying, guaranteed. Again, no offense man.

We are just wired differently based on where we are from. Think about the Franchise choices in names in themselves how they represent the culture and history of the areas supporting each team and maybe you will see some of what I am saying: THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (WE are loyal and committed to the cause), The 49ers (Implies, We are here chasing GOLD!), and Raiders (speaks for itself!) NO COMPARISON! To answer your question: PATS Beat Bills by 21-PTS, 41-20! 

So now you are more American??  LOL, come on.  If you are so loyal, why are you in Atlanta?  Why not back in Boston doing something for the place you speak about loyalty so much?

And now how American people are is being based on the team names of the area they live in?  Please continue, this could get interesting.  Please tell me what the Redskins and Chiefs names imply?  Or how about the Cardinals, Seahawks and maybe the Bengals.  Man, no Americanism there!  They probably have no loyalty.  No offense, but your statements are ignorant and silly.

BTW, I agree with your score of tomorrows game.  I think the Pats score 40+, not so sure the Bills hit 20.  Maybe 17.

TFB, I NEVER ONCE SAID I WAS MORE AMERICAN, NOR DID I EVER SAY YOU OR ANY OTHER PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY ARE LESSER AMERICANS. Why do you try to do that all of the time. You take words and twist them into your own little way of FALSE ADVERTIZING. That tactic, my friend is genuinely "ignorant and silly" as you like to say. I SAID WHAT I SAID and nothing more. I don't expect you to understand where I am coming from. Afterall, you are from California and are a "DIE HARD Patriot Fan". I don't understand how that is either. Lets just leave it at that so that WE can continue to get along.

To answer your question, I live in ATLANTA now, as I have for the last two years, as part of my responsibility as a Federal Employee with the United States Government. I am a manager for one of the organizations that monitors and regulates activities related to the National Security of OUR Country and that is all I will say about that. How's that for being "LOYAL"? Who do you work for, Apple? being from SFO and all, I figure IT of some type. I actually met Steve Jobs once just before he passed, great man.......Dude, I luv ya and lets keep it light, deal..........I know you like the Patriots. So do I. It doesn't have to be the same way. Just remember that there are those who take it very, very seriously........not like a casual fan would.......or would even really understand. 

As for the basis of other teams' names, your attempt to get me to bite is very, very silly. Other teams' names are irrelevant to this conversation altogether. It just so happens that the ones that are relevant happen to perfectly fit the example of our cultiural divides and differences, you in the Bay area, and me being from Boston. Other NFL Cities, they have absolutely nothing to do with any of this aside from your attempt at throwing in a "Red Herring" for me tochase. Good try, but, No thanks! GO PATS!!! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I never said WW was not a good slot receiver,

To your credit, that is true.

I said that he CHOKES AT THE MOST INNOPORTUNE TIMES. We saw it last Thursday and he was bailed out by several factors.

WRONG.  THis is where you lose your credibility because I just addressed this on the previous page.  The score was 7-7 in the 2nd qtr when he fumbled a punt on the 2.  How was this such an INNOPORTUNE time?  It was early 2nd qtr, tied game.

Then you say he was bailed out by several factors.  The score was 21-17 Bronco's in the 3rd qtr and Welker scores the next 2 td's to start the blowout of the Ravens.  So please tell me what the several factors you speak of are?  Did you watch the game?  By the way you have talked about it in this thread I don't think you did.

See NOBODY says WW isn't any good, we, ME, BB, and many others just don't trust him to come through in the most clutch moments. Understand now?

So maybe we could say this about BB too.  I don't trust BB when it comes to the big games.  He was out coached in the last two SB's, he was out coached in the Ravens game.  Where was Vereen when the week before he had a monster game?  How about his bend but don't break defense that ends up breaking the last 2 SB's, allowing for 83 and 88 game winning drives by the Giants.   Maybe we can get rid of him too since you bring up these trust issues.  Or once he leaves you can just all bash on him. 

TFB, maybe you could say this, but beware the impending wrath that could follow.........BB has won US a handful of rings, and looks postioned well to do it again. I don't hink that opinion sells very well. Are you starting to morph into a Broncos fan right before our eyes? DIE HARD PATS FANS don't usually get so passionate about defending other than Pats players. Wes is not with the Pats any longer. You are showing true colors......Dude, I'm just havin fun with ya! I CAN'T WAIT TIL 1pm tomorrow, WAIT!!! I mean 10am for you! HA!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

TFB, maybe you could say this, but beware the impending wrath that could follow.........BB has won US a handful of rings, and looks postioned well to do it again. I don't hink that opinion sells very well. Are you starting to morph into a Broncos fan right before our eyes? DIE HARD PATS FANS don't usually get so passionate about defending other than Pats players. Wes is not with the Pats any longer. You are showing true colors......Dude, I'm just havin fun with ya! I CAN'T WAIT TIL 1pm tomorrow, WAIT!!! I mean 10am for you! HA!

All is good, my man!  I much rather have a good discussion back and forth and have some fun then get into a mud slinging contest with you.  Btw, thanks for your duty to this great country.  I have family members that have served in the military and then continued on to serve the country in other areas, mad respect for all.

As Pats fans, we are not liked.  Not because of success but because of the attitude that is displayed by many Pats fans acting like our team is the greatest of  all time.  (BB and his media sessions do not help the cause either.)  When in fact there have been many great football dynasties over the years.  I see a lot of that attitude displayed here, have seen it in 49'er fans too and that's probably why I try and not act like that because it is silly to the point where fans get into the frame of mind that their team can do no wrong.  Amazing.. see a lot of that on this forum.  Rose colored glasses, head in the sand type fans.  Now if we could have just won the 2007 SB we could justify acting this way, lol!

I don't see cultural divides having anything to do with being a fan or how big of a fan you are.  I was a die hard Marvin Hagler fan as a kid, you couldn't find a bigger Hagler fan then me.  Hagler fighting out of Brockton Mass, there wasn't a person from Brockton Mass who was a bigger Hagler fan then me.  We would box in neighborhood boxing matches and I styled my fighting like Haglers.  I'm a righty but could change and fight southpaw too, just like Hagler.  LOL!   BTW, I was a Hearns fan too, not nearly as much as a Hagler fan but I was still a big fan.  Did that make me less of a Hagler fan??  Hell no.  I cheered for Hagler to win the fight when him and Hearns went to war.  See where I am going with this???

Anyways, concerning the Bronco's.  My very first best friend in the world who I still keep in very close contact with to this day lives in Denver, is a Bronco's fan, season ticket holder and has been busting my balls ever since Manning signed there, and now Welker.  It drives me nuts!  Can't wait for week 12. Need the Pats to win that game badly!  I will not be able to live with the teasing if they lose.

How nice it is to have the games on at 10 am.  It would drive me nuts having to wait for 1 and 4 o'clock games.  I only sleep about 4-5 hours a night so I will be up early watching all the pregame hype!