Browns aren’t expected to try to trade for Ryan Mallett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Browns aren’t expected to try to trade for Ryan Mallett

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/10/browns-arent-expected-to-try-to-trade-for-ryan-mallett/

bummer

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Browns aren’t expected to try to trade for Ryan Mallett

Well......sometimes a denial is nothing more than an affirmation.....

If you thought Mallett could be had.....the first thing you need to do is down play it, put on your poker face....try and drive the value down, not. If you draw a pair of aces at the table you certainly don't go ohh...oohhh, let me bet, let me bet...

Cleveland is looking for a QB, that's for certain.

Hoyer, I'm sorry, no way.

Flacco, not happening....

Alex Smith....how much do you think SF will ask for him.

As The Donald likes to say it's always the art of the deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

if we got the 6th pick, should we draft dee milliner?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Browns will resist swapping first round picks plus Mallett but time will tell. If we did get the 6th I would break Goodells arm getting this kid's name up to the podium.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1801107

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

To add to the disappointment, the Brown also indicated that they are  not interested in giving the Pats a draft pick for Marquice Cole either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Alex Smith....how much do you think SF will ask for him.

That will be intersting to watch. Nothing like have a high priced backup, and the starting QB is making  a dirt salary. I think they won'y be asking too much.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Ummmmm....I would disagree. Smith was the number one pick when he came out. SF will ask at least that plus a third or 4th as well.

The only fly in the ointment is the rumour that Smith is going to demand his outright release and will not make it easy for SF to trade him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

There was no way this was going to happen anyway - no way a new GM gives up the 6th overrall selection for Mallett and a late first...none. What would that be like in Cleveland? Lombardi gives - of all people - Belichick a top pick in exchange for a kid with past off field drug issues and absolutely no starting experience?? Wow, that would of been wicked smart of Lomardi - nothing like getting run out of town five minutes into your new GM job.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Ummmmm....I would disagree. Smith was the number one pick when he came out. SF will ask at least that plus a third or 4th as well.

The only fly in the ointment is the rumour that Smith is going to demand his outright release and will not make it easy for SF to trade him.

I got to think Smith won't want to go to Cleveland. I bet he ends up in AZ. Or maybe the jests, LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Won't be division rival Arizona....perhaps KC will do the deal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

San Fran will try to make a quick deal before Smith is due a large chunk of cash. Smith has more value than Mallett so what Smith is traded for will be a barometer for Malletts worth.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

yeah, you're right I forgot about them. yeah Smith might fit in there, but they don't have the o-line SF has, and he might say F-that. that is the main reason Cassell suffered in KC.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

San Fran will try to make a quick deal before Smith is due a large chunk of cash. Smith has more value than Mallett so what Smith is traded for will be a barometer for Malletts worth.

Smith has more value to a team that is 1-2 years away from making a run. 

Mallett has more value to a team that knows it's 3 years off. His price tag alone supports that.

Once someone acquires Smith, you're looking at an extension in the 10 million dollar per year range.

Mallet is still only 24 yrs old. I believe he holds something like 16 records at Arkansas.

Not much real game experience but he has looked very good in his pre-season games.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

The division rival thing is overplayed.  If the 49ers don't think Smith can hurt them and the offer is good, they'll pull the trigger. 

Anyone remember the Pats trading Bledsoe (former #1 pick) to the Bills?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Sf isn't going to get much for Smith because everyone knows they will release him if they can't find a trade - same reason GB didn't try to sign Flynn and then trade him last year.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Wait Rex is wax Debbie Reynolds? Does that make Rob wax Ginger Rogers?

Still speculation. Except Smith, he will end up somewhere. Disagree. Name one QB prospect who is better; maybe Geno Smith, that's it. Yeah there is a chance some team will draft a better QB, but they have to spend 2-3 years developing him or building a line and offense around him. Smith is a known quantity. Mallett more an unknown quantity. Its the old potential vs. production juxtaposition.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It was a great dream and one I thought was possible, just not probable. This report could go either way but I'd have to go with what I would do if I was in their shoes and I wouldn't make the trade myself so I'd have to believe the report is true. However, the Browns aren't very bright so who knows

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

The whole Mallett to Cleveland theory is pretty silly.  No way they give up on last year's 1st rounder, Weeden, this soon.  I don't care what Lombardi thinks of him, he'll give him another shot.  Mallett will not wear a Browns jersey next year.