Browns Wise To Get Lombardi for VP

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: Browns Wise To Get Lombardi for VP

http://www.ozpolitic.com/album/forum-attachments/please-do-not-feed-the-troll_002.jpg

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Actually, RKarp does because he said Lombardi was offered the Jets role.  I said there was no way that he would even consider that mess and that Cleveland was more desirable by far. It would take a situation he liked.

Voila.

I was right again.

So, this is really for RKarp.   Are you saying no one cares about RKarp here, Rickturd? Hmm?

Go buy a new Che jersey you little dorky Millenial. 

your a liar!

I said Lombardi interviewed for numerous jobs. I said he interviewed with the Jets, and asked for the moon, to which the Jets said no.

YOU said Lombardi did not want to be a GM, that "he prefered to stay in his cushy NFL Network job rather than work for a team this year"

I was correct. Lombardi did inyerview with a number of teams. The Jets were one of them, but it did not work out over finances. You were incorrect. You said Lombardi did not want to leave TV this year.

Voila...you are wrong as usual

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Actually, RKarp does because he said Lombardi was offered the Jets role.  I said there was no way that he would even consider that mess and that Cleveland was more desirable by far. It would take a situation he liked.

Voila.

I was right again.

So, this is really for RKarp.   Are you saying no one cares about RKarp here, Rickturd? Hmm?

your a liar!

I said Lombardi interviewed for numerous jobs. I said he interviewed with the Jets, and asked for the moon, to which the Jets said no.

YOU said Lombardi did not want to be a GM, that "he prefered to stay in his cushy NFL Network job rather than work for a team this year"

I was correct. Lombardi did inyerview with a number of teams. The Jets were one of them, but it did not work out over finances. You were incorrect. You said Lombardi did not want to leave TV this year.

Stay in his lair vs work for the Jets!  Of course Lombardi listens. I said that. I acknolwdged that. You acted like he was the lead for the Jets which is what I laughed out (still do) and challenged you on, you dope.

You also said "you will be shocked". That's a direct quote. That's what started me making fun of you, you moron! I am not shocked at all that the Jets don't have a GM and have just been babbling about making "an announcement" the last 3 days.  You're a joke defending the Jets and you're awful analysis. 

I said he'd NEVER go there and I said he would dictate where he goes. He ain't leaving a cushy job for a dunghole.  Cleveland is CLEARLY more of a "dream job" than the Jets.

You're delusional.

How funny is it, the Browns have their GM BEFORE the Jets.   Are you still trying to tell us the Jets are that desirable?  It's been over TWO WEEKS since they fired Tannenbum.  All you did was hear some rumblings at ESPN, Cris Carter babbled how attractive the Jets G role is becuase he's dumb, and came on here trying to look cool. LOL!

EXPOSED beyond belief. The Jets situation is a the WORST in the NFL. The worst! And you sit here in all your arrogance acting ike it's a "dream job"?  bawahahaa

I wouldn't be surprised if they had Lombardi all along, Lombardi signed off on Chudzinksi and Pioli is Lombardi's new GM.

news flash....the Jets interviewed him weeks ago AND OFFERED HIM THE JOB!! He wanted too much money, so they did not come to terms.

You make it sound like the Browns hired BB. They didnt, they hired Lombardi, who to date has shown he is best behind a microphone, not running a team. Look at everyone else from the BB tree that have failed...there is no saying Lombardi is a slam dunk like you think he is

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Voila.

I was right again.

your a liar!

Stay in his lair vs work for the Jets!  Of course Lombardi listens. I said that. I acknolwdged that. You acted like he was the lead for the Jets which is what I laughed out (still do) and challenged you on, you dope.

You also said "you will be shocked". That's a direct quote. That's what started me making fun of you, you moron! I am not shocked at all that the Jets don't have a GM and have just been babbling about making "an announcement" the last 3 days.  You're a joke defending the Jets and you're awful analysis. 

I said he'd NEVER go there and I said he would dictate where he goes. He ain't leaving a cushy job for a dunghole.  Cleveland is CLEARLY more of a "dream job" than the Jets.

You're delusional.

How funny is it, the Browns have their GM BEFORE the Jets.   Are you still trying to tell us the Jets are that desirable?  It's been over TWO WEEKS since they fired Tannenbum.  All you did was hear some rumblings at ESPN, Cris Carter babbled how attractive the Jets G role is becuase he's dumb, and came on here trying to look cool. LOL!

EXPOSED beyond belief. The Jets situation is a the WORST in the NFL. The worst! And you sit here in all your arrogance acting ike it's a "dream job"?  bawahahaa

I wouldn't be surprised if they had Lombardi all along, Lombardi signed off on Chudzinksi and Pioli is Lombardi's new GM.

news flash....the Jets interviewed him weeks ago AND OFFERED HIM THE JOB!! He wanted too much money, so they did not come to terms.

You make it sound like the Browns hired BB. They didnt, they hired Lombardi, who to date has shown he is best behind a microphone, not running a team. Look at everyone else from the BB tree that have failed...there is no saying Lombardi is a slam dunk like you think he is

No one cares  if Lombardi politely listened to Woody Johnson. No one cares.   It's the fact that you think him lisetening and the desperate Jets thinking one of the best options to fix their disaster would want to walk in there, is a reality. IT NEVER, EVER was going to happen which is why you thinking it might, is so damn funny.

It's also why NOT one of your usual allies are in here defending you right now.  All the ones who hate me are just watching helplessly as I bludgeon another anti-BB big mouth on the cusp of another AFC title game in Foxborough.

Brian Billick said last week he listens to teams every offseason to come back.  Of course that happens, dummy! Are you this dumb? It doesn't mean anything!

It doesn't mean Lombardi desired the Jets role. YOU SAID: "Jets role is a dream job."

How can you be this naive at your age? Seriously, how old are you?

I guess you are right. Now I can see why everyone hates you. You are always wrong, yet lie about being correct.

Simple. I said the Jets offered Lombardi the job. You said he doesnt want to work this year for any team.I dont see how you bludgeoned anyone but yourself, again.

I said the Jets job was very desireable, you said it wasnt. 15 guys interviewed, 7 came back for 2nd interviews. Seems like people want the job. Again, you are wrong.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Rusty this sounds like an attack but I don't want to attack you because the last time I did I lost my will to live for a while over your stubbourness but if we're going to be honest. Do you really think Lombardi is a good personel director or do you like him because he has nothing but excellent things to say about BB, I don't know the man, don't know what he's like as a GM but here are the facts I do know:

i) He worked for BB in Cleveland and never worked for him again and BB loved those Cleveland guys
    ii) He hasn't been in football since 07 and that was with the raiders during their unbelievable decline
    iii) He's been part of maybe 4 winnings teams spanning from the late 80's to 07 which is a terrible awful record for any front office personel 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from N1h. Show N1h's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/album/forum-attachments/please-do-not-feed-the-troll_002.jpg

You do know that when they talk about trolling on an internet forum they are talking about this kind of trolling http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolling_(fishing)

Not the kind that lives under a bridge.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I love how Rusty has a super man crush on Lombardi because of the Belichick connection - yet Lombardi and Belichick weren't even on speaking terms until recently.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

Rusty this sounds like an attack but I don't want to attack you because the last time I did I lost my will to live for a while over your stubbourness but if we're going to be honest. Do you really think Lombardi is a good personel director or do you like him because he has nothing but excellent things to say about BB, I don't know the man, don't know what he's like as a GM but here are the facts I do know:

i) He worked for BB in Cleveland and never worked for him again and BB loved those Cleveland guys
    ii) He hasn't been in football since 07 and that was with the raiders during their unbelievable decline
    iii) He's been part of maybe 4 winnings teams spanning from the late 80's to 07 which is a terrible awful record for any front office personel 

LOL!

Was that before or after I caught you lying about being a student at BC? Gee, RKarp lying about having a Harvard MBA and now Macmenimin asking why I think Lombardi is a great modern era choice to direct a team.

Here's what I know:

He and BB basically oulined the cap formula that BB applies today. I don't care what anyone says, but BB had this, along with Lombardi and Pioli, back in Cleveland from 1991-1995.

BB has proven this with a more than steady hand for 10+ years. Perfect? Absolutely not. As good as it gets? Absolutely.

They had the formula.  They new the cap would be completely abused by some teams, teams would panic, make 1 or 2 disastrous cost moves which would handicap them for up to 5 years at a time.  This means, 5-10 teams every year will really be who you are competing against. 

There's a reason why the Al Davis, Jerry Jones and Snyder types and their meddling ways have failed after having a puppet in there.   Al Davis didn't let Lombardi do his job in Oakland. Lombardi tried it, Lombardi realized Davis was long gone and senile, he quit and moved on.

In the Cleveland case now, he's the guy.   How can you not like the guy along with BB who were the first ones to grasp how important the economics of this all is?

I mean, go look at the Jets.  They did everything the opposite of what BB would have done and what Lombardi would have done the last 5 years.

And yeah, I know that BB and Lombardi are close, so I've leaned on what Lombardi says in the past to reinforce some of my original opinion or sometimes simply learning of things that happen before they do happen.

Again, if I am Browns fan, I am thrilled with the choice.  They have some potential at QB, we'll see with Chudzinski there, but step 1 is your GM. I know he's got a "VP" title, but whoever he hires as the GM, it will like how BB did it here with it being more administrative and liason between the scouting and draft/FA prep.

throw out Dimitrioff, who from that BB/Browns tree has had any success in the NFL? To think that Lombardi is BB light is foolish. The Browns gave Lombardi a ton of $$$. IMO they were on the right track with the current team, needing a 5 year plan/commitment from ownership. To think Lombardi will come in and change things again in Cleveland after the Pioli fiasco in KC, would make any Browns fan nervous.

Lombardi has had feelers out for 2-3 years. He wanted to come back with BB, but never did. Why? He wanted the Jets job, they offered him the job and he asked for the moon with regards to $$$. He takes the Browns job for huge money, with zero success other than with NFL network. If he isnt his own man, and tries to be BB jr he is gone from Cleveland in 3 years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I never said "ANY" team, I said it would take big money and the right situation. He's not going to leave a cushy job for a hellhole.

Learn to read.

People hate me because I call out phonies. Then, they get embarrassed because it sits there on the page, as obvious as it is.  It's why you follow me around, why others do it, from thread to thread, weeks and months later. Deal with it. It's not our fault you're a phony. I can smell it a mile away. It's why I do on my job. It's why I am a good negotiator.

You tried to get cute, which you have done here many times, and I called you on it. 

Keep in mind, I sniffed out the fact you work for ESPN.  That alone should tell you who you're dealing with here, RKarp. Wasn't born last night.

Enjoy hooking up the cables to the tv truck this weekend for your $20 an hour job.

what is your fascination with a persons job, salary and education? That is really a sign of a small person, which obviously you are. There is nothing wrong with some one making $20 an hour.  Based on your tone and name calling of Babe, you re most likely a person in their early 30's. Assuming you have been in the work force maybe 10 years or so, maybe having middling to above average success the past 5 years...all that means however is that I could buy and sell you 20 times over. Hooking up cables has been good...LMFAO.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Sure, RKarp. I don't have a facscination. I think it's downright comical that people who think they know more than me, assume this arrogance of being right, when in reality, they didn't do their homework to begin with in the first place.

It's a sign of weakness for YOU that you try to use your position at ESPN to make yourself feel important here. The funny part is it continucally backfires on you because apparently you aren't aware ESPN has an anti-Patriots bias.

Oh, the irony.

You've been had. ESPN, you, and all the BB Bashers have had their day in the sun, dumbo.

It may have taken 2-3 years, but you lost.  The Jets aren't the model organization and Tedy Bruschi has been wrong in his analysis with this team more than he's been right, too.

Maybe he shouldn't have sold out to the very company that strung up the Pats in 2007 and basically tried like hell to sabotage SB 42, which they pretty much did.

Capiche?

You know nothing! your sitting in your basement throwing out insults. There is no one in the industry, repeat no one, who knows more inside Jets intel than Rich Cimini. I heard it from the horses mouth directly about Lombardi. And your going to sit in your basement and say you are an expert? I also work and speak with James Walker. He know the Browns better than most anyone. I am telling you the Browns paid thru the nose for Lombardi and he has zero credentials....ZERO! Other than he worked with BB some time ago....

I ask you again...other than Dimitrioff, who has worked for BB and succeeded in the NFL?

So Stuff your ESPN nonsense, and the info these people hear and report are not always 100%, but they are always on top of their game. Meanwhile, you sit in your basement.

WHat the hell does Tedy Bruschi have to do with anything?

BB basher? I have repeatedly said he is the best...although I feel he has missed on his free agency signings.... And I would have drafted Harrison Smith, not Hightower...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Making new friends today junior?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Rusty, Neal, Rock, Burger Boy and I go way back. We have a strange relationship. He is always wrong, yet will always lie, back track and deny. I on the other hand always hear him out, sometimes agree with him, but always bury him in arguements. I rather enjoy burying him, but he prefers to dig himself a deeper hole.

I see you enjoy throwing dirt on him as well...I have to step away, so it is now your turn to bury him (again)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Read some where of the possibility of Lombardi trading for Ryan Mallet..I wonder if he'll give us a first for him or a high second...since he really liked Mallet coming out on draft day...And he knows Weeden is not his QB of the future...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Rusty, Neal, Rock, Burger Boy and I go way back. We have a strange relationship. He is always wrong, yet will always lie, back track and deny. I on the other hand always hear him out, sometimes agree with him, but always bury him in arguements. I rather enjoy burying him, but he prefers to dig himself a deeper hole.

I see you enjoy throwing dirt on him as well...I have to step away, so it is now your turn to bury him (again)

There are none here willing to play the whipping boy so willingly as junior. You would think he might get sick of being exposed as the fool every time; but he doesn't.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

LOL!

Was that before or after I caught you lying about being a student at BC? Gee, RKarp lying about having a Harvard MBA and now Macmenimin asking why I think Lombardi is a great modern era choice to direct a team.

Here's what I know:

He and BB basically oulined the cap formula that BB applies today. I don't care what anyone says, but BB had this, along with Lombardi and Pioli, back in Cleveland from 1991-1995.

BB has proven this with a more than steady hand for 10+ years. Perfect? Absolutely not. As good as it gets? Absolutely.

They had the formula.  They new the cap would be completely abused by some teams, teams would panic, make 1 or 2 disastrous cost moves which would handicap them for up to 5 years at a time.  This means, 5-10 teams every year will really be who you are competing against. 

There's a reason why the Al Davis, Jerry Jones and Snyder types and their meddling ways have failed after having a puppet in there.   Al Davis didn't let Lombardi do his job in Oakland. Lombardi tried it, Lombardi realized Davis was long gone and senile, he quit and moved on.

In the Cleveland case now, he's the guy.   How can you not like the guy along with BB who were the first ones to grasp how important the economics of this all is?

I mean, go look at the Jets.  They did everything the opposite of what BB would have done and what Lombardi would have done the last 5 years.

And yeah, I know that BB and Lombardi are close, so I've leaned on what Lombardi says in the past to reinforce some of my original opinion or sometimes simply learning of things that happen before they do happen.

Again, if I am Browns fan, I am thrilled with the choice.  They have some potential at QB, we'll see with Chudzinski there, but step 1 is your GM. I know he's got a "VP" title, but whoever he hires as the GM, it will like how BB did it here with it being more administrative and liason between the scouting and draft/FA prep.

Well I am a student at BC that's a fact bro whether you like it or not (i won't be entering into a discussion about this so don't try and blow off everything I say and returning to this point). You're absolutely right about the strategy coming out of Cleveland although it's been 18 years since the 1995 season ended for the Cleveland Browns and all those involved with BB departed with the exact same knowledge that BB brought to New England, in the cleveland 95 documentery Lombardi says personally that if you enter most draft rooms and front offices in the NFL they'll have the BB scouting report and cap system in place. Therefore you don't need an original BB disciple to implement it after all as they say Rusty this is a copycat league. You didn't really answer my questions instead you just began by insulting me and then saying what you felt you would say, so answer them:

1) If he's so excellent why did BB not trust him following the cleveland says? (this may have simply been a circumstantial thing, i'll give you that)
    2) Why's he been out of football since 07 (i'll even give you that this may have been simply by choice although i don't think so)
    3) Why does he not have many winning seasons? 
    4) New one: Why did he draft Jamarcus Russell the biggest bust in NFL history? ( OK this one is a stretch he was fired from the job 3 weeks after the draft so his involvement in the draft process may have been minimal to non existent but still he may have been involved he was in charge of player evaluation so at least they'd have used his scouting reports, not a great reflection)

So all in all the main point is he isn't a winner, there were 5 drafts from 02 to 07 and unless Davis chose damn near every draft choice he didn't do a very good job. If you're planning to insult me again in your reply don't bother replying I don't want to hear it if you want to talk honestly about Michael Lombardi be my guest!