Bruschi to ESPN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Bruschi to ESPN

I know we all consider ESPN the tabliods of the sport world. My first responce to Tedy going to work for them was disapointment. But maybe he will bring some level of credability to them.. Although I'm pretty sure even Bruschi can't save them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: Bruschi to ESPN

I had did a thread on this yesterday,but why espn?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveM1967a. Show DaveM1967a's posts

It's easy to understand why Tedy went to ESPN.  It's a 2 hour drive to the ESPN studios from his house.  If he goes there a couple times a week, it's not going to greatly interrupt his time at home with the family.

I think he'll do a great job, happy to hear he got it and it will be nice to hear a Patriot slant (finally) on ESPN and NFL Network (with Rodney).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

First good for Teddy, second, ESPN is the Largest "voice" in sports like it or not. There are things on ESPN that I like and things I dont. I discount those which are stupid (ESPN's love affair with Favre) and I listen to the ones that are entertaining and informative (Mike and Mike in the morning) for example.  I will hold Bruschi to the fire.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

I can't even stand to listen to M&M. The whole Metrosexual, get in touch with your feeelings BS really bugs me. I tune in to sport radio to hear about...  wait for it....................................................................  yes sports.. Not if it's OK for a man to get a manacure..  I hope TB brings it all up to a respectable level..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

I'm not surprised by the news of TB going to ESPN. TB kinda reminds me of a mark schlereth or vice versa. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

well TB did give up the last year on his contract and has a family to support.

So all things considered, let him have his day in the sun w ESPN and at some point he walks into coaching as he mentioned before.

TB did a tremendous job for us fans and the Pats organization, lets just hope he stays classy at ESPN.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I agree Mark Schlereth and Bruschi are both very good lunch pail guys. As for justme2's not likeing the M&M show... I agree the menutia is crapola on that show but they have good interviews and guests on there which is why I tune in to them. Not for M&M but for the guests and interviews.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

At least he'll be pro-patriots, ya got to think right?

Smooth move by TMZSPN to win back Patriots fans (or at least try to). lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

This is a shame, people who work for ESPM are puppets and Brischi is is better then that. He wont like his job too much when he realizes that he cant speak his mind and can only say what ESPN says he can say. I am very dissapointed in Tedy and Mike Reiss for working for such an orginization.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

They are both going to be part of ESPNBoston.com which launches 9/14.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

yup

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Dont count on it. Puppets thats all Reiss and Bruschi will become is puppets. they dont want real reporting at ESPN only people with cred so they can slowly kill their cred and report only what they want to report. Reiss is a fool and Bruschi I love him but i am very let down by this choice.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I don't watch much ESPN -- really, not at all outside of football season -- but I don't see how you can look at Teddy Bruschi and not think he won't be perfect on television.

Oh . . .  and I should also mention that Laurie's "TMZSPN" blast is the funniest thing I've seen on the board since the swallows came back to Capistrano (so to speak). A definite frontrunner for a BDC Postie award.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Bruschi to ESPN:
    [QUOTE]Schelreth is a pretty boy and a liar. He sat there with Cris Carter on ESPN and lied about the reality of the Walsh tapes.  Meanwhile, he sees no issue with Pat Bowlen and the Denver Broncos moving Elway and Terrell Davis's contracts off the books two years in a row to gain a distinct advantage in personnel, as they cheated the salary cap to give Elway two rings.   Far more egregious than some kid in the wrong position with a video camera, helping scout a game, that is for sure.   Schlereth played on those Denver teams. He's just part of the fraudlent reporting of ESPN.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

I like this:

They cheat but we don't and

I don't like the guy who said we cheated but they didn't.

Good stuff Rusty.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I don't watch ESPN which is just as well so I won't see my hero Tedy join the other fools in saying that Giants Stadium is in NY.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Learning to Read : Chapter 17 -- Part Six.

I'm not sure what it was about Russ mentioning that abetting the onverinflation of one infractrion while completely ignoring another makes Schlereth a deuschebag that necissitated such keen and precise sarcasm, but we here on the awards committe like consistency, and when it comes to choosing to see what he already thinks in every post -- regardless of what is actually said -- underdogg has no peers on this board.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Learning to Read : Chapter 17 -- Part Six. I'm not sure what it was about Russ mentioning that abetting the onverinflation of one infractrion while completely ignoring another makes Schlereth a deuschebag that necissitated such keen and precise sarcasm, but we here on the awards committe like consistency, and when it comes to choosing to see what he already thinks in every post, underdogg has no peers on this board.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Hmm - this awards committee sounds about as rigged as pats fans think the competition committee is. 

But, I like awards, so I accept!  Laughing

Hey, where are all the photographers?  Could one of you guys call Gisele's and send them over this way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I haven't watched ESPN since the last game they aired (I believe it was last December). I hven't gone to their BS website (I took it off my favorites and also cancelled insiders a long time ago). However, if they do have a Boston based site (with Bruschi and Reiss on it) I will at least check it out. I don't think the "bias" against the Patriots was so much network driven as individual driven. Guys like Schlereth, Easterbrook (the worst, IMO for his article on "Good vs. Evil"), Tom Jackson and the like. We'll see what they'll say when a guy like Bruschi is across the table, or in the next studio! Tedy was a lifetime Patriot, so I can't see him "selling out". If it's as bad as some of us believe he'll probably go elsewhere, IMO. It will be good to see some new faces in the mix. Michael Irvin was on NFLN last night (don't know if he's still with ESPN, too). Both he and Deion at the same discussion segment! At least they don't have Shannon Sharpe! That would makeit unwatchable with all three. I can take Prime by himself (he's actually pretty intelligent on the show), but once all those "divas" get together you know it will become a BS-fest! The main thing to focus on is that they are all opinionated. You can tell when they're being facecious, and need to take it with a grain of salt. Maybe now the "opinions" will be a bit more balanced, thus making it watchable. And I try to skip the "soap opera" type stories. We'll see if they are more palatable (the network would profit from that, which is why I credit the "hate" to the employees rather than policy). I would like to see Tedy get into coaching, though. But my guess is he'd want to do it at a high school or college level moreso than the NFL. We can always hope!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

when it comes to choosing to see what he already thinks in every post -- regardless of what is actually said -- underdogg has no peers on this board.

As a Colts fan and an Indianan (Is that correct? Do they really call themselves "Hoosiers"?), maybe the inbreeding has made him crosseyed, so that he's always looking inwards? You're right about dogg. He should be a politician! He has Kerry beat by a mile in the flip-flop race. Maybe he's really the Mayor of Indianapolis. He posts from the Governor's basement!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruschi to ESPN : Hmm - this awards committee sounds about as rigged as pats fans think the competition committee is.  But, I like awards, so I accept!  Hey, where are all the photographers?  Could one of you guys call Gisele's and send them over this way.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Well, the committee is really just me and my dog, and he only gets half a vote, so . . . 

rigged?

ummmm ....

Yeah.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Well if your dog is not working that hard then have him help this dogg and pick up the phone and call Gisele.

Sheesh - you people need to learn how to treat VIP's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Cooking one's books ILLEGALLY is cheating.   Steroids is cheating. Putting a camera guy in the wrong spot is not. 
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

No your right these words do not indicate cheating at all:

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field"

Hey PMike - maybe you can help rusty too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Pmike do I get an award for using awesome jokes like the "not" joke and of course the ever popular "mamma" jokes? No one bashes on another guys mom quite like me lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]Pmike do I get an award for using awesome jokes like the "not" joke and of course the ever popular "mamma" jokes? No one bashes on another guys mom quite like me lol
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

You will be relieved to know that there is, indeed, a smack category, and thus far in the proceedings, you are the only poster I am aware of who has successfully incorporated acceptable mom smack -- and as we all know, if I am not aware of you, you do not exist.

Oh . . .  and as an aside to underdogg and Russ. Goodell saying what he thinks a thing "represents" is no different than Belichick saying he misinterpreted the rules.
    It has nothing to do with reading comprehension. It has to do with finding a source that defends the position you've already decided to take, and sticking with it.

I'll bet I think Roger Goodell is a bigger deusche (or at least equally as big) than you think Belichick is, dogg.