Bruschi wearing thin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Bruschi wearing thin?

Some of you grizzled veterans from way back please set me strait before I walk this dark path. I haven't been following the Patriots all that long compared to some of you. Is Teddy Bruschi starting to wear thin on anyone else but me? I think he's trying so hard to look objective, and not be a homer (Strahan) that he sometimes errs on the other side. He may be pulling for NE within himself, but sometimes seems to walk the thin edge of selling his Patriot soul to advance his analyst career. He comes across with criticisms of the team that it doesn't seem like he actually believes within himself, but more like he's just saying them to project objectivity, and therefore cast himself in a better light. Many of you have known and followed him more than I. Therefore, I set my ideas at the mercy of the Forum, and believe me, I know how frightening and disturbing that can be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Bruschi wearing thin?

I respect Bruschi as a Patriot, but not as an analyst.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

bruschi and mike reiss do an awesome podcast once a week for espnboston

i think it is the best pats media there is

so yeah you guys are wrong

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

His calling Ochocinco out was dead right...quit the tweets and pick up the playbook. Teddy has even called out Belichick when on EEI with him earlier in the season..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

He is EXACTLY the kind of media idiot that Tedy Bruschi would have hated when he was playing.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Bruschi wearing thin?": [QUOTE]He is EXACTLY the kind of media idiot that Tedy Bruschi would have hated when he was playing.   Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE] Very well put. I think that's what I was trying to say, but couldn't put my finger on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't agree at all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

perhaps he is talking trash becuase he remembers being motivated by the media dissing his team when he played?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Bruschi wearing thin?": [QUOTE]I don't agree at all. Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE] It's cool. Just trying to get the forum's opinions.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Bruschi wearing thin?": [QUOTE]perhaps he is talking trash becuase he remembers being motivated by the media dissing his team when he played? Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE] Good point, I hadn't thought of that. Hope youre right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

In Response to Re: Bruschi wearing thin?:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Bruschi wearing thin?": Good point, I hadn't thought of that. Hope youre right.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

i doubt thats what it ALWAYS is, but i wouldnt be suprised if hes just a little bit harder on the pats for that reason

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

my take on him...
    he's like a trusted someone who forces the team to look in the mirror. you know he cares for his old team. a little tougher sometimes, but that's because he wants the team to succeed, even if it means he holds the team to a higher standard than the rest of the rest of the teams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

I respect Tedy and think for the most part his comments are truely objective. If you compare him to some of the talent on NFL network, he's much more objective. 

Brian Billick had his black & purple Cheer leading pom pom's going yesterday on the NFL network. He couldn't have made it more obvious that he wasn't objective.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

One time uber- player of only team he ever beld for and he did in fact bleed too.
    Now analyst......he walks a think line but really no different that Rodney....

I think they both share a weighted perspective and deliver it whether you like it or not......

Based on the captains picks for the upcoming game there is little doubt that the Pats ownership  knows where this guy's heart remains....

And it was a big one too...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Thanks for all the opinions. Very interesting.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

If all he does is be a Pats homer, his career will be short-lived, or at least limited to appeal only to the Boston market.  Maybe, just maybe, he wants to do well in his new career.

Fans are overly sensitive to criticism, or anything that doesn't come across as "I love the Pats."  90% of the talking heads that are accused of being anti-Pats also say good things about the Pats.  It's funny at times to hear someone read a negative article about the Pats, accuse the writer of being a Pats hater, and conveniently ignore other articles by that writer which mention good things about the Pats.  Believe it or not, even ESPN often says good things about the Pats.  You wouldn't know that reading this forum.  I realize that you are not accusing him of being a Pats hater though.

Bruschi says a lot of good things about the Pats.  He has also said some not so flattering things.  I don't need him to kiss my ashhh 24x7.  If I want to get my "homer fix" I'll come here.  When I read an article from a talking head or watch them on TV I expect them to tell me what they really think.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Who cares? You guys have a hissy fit everytime someone criticizes the Pats. His job is to be objective, he's not going to pander to Patriot nation. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Tedy is one of the most knowledgeable players and analysts of the Patriots way. Spent his whole career as a Pat, and has the respect and admiration of the organization.  As you probably know he is an honorary captain today.
    Tedy always walked the walk and talked the talk. An outstanding leader and player and one of the advocates of "Humble Pie" when the Pats were blowing every other team out of the water.
    Not sure what's wearing thin on you. Tedy continues to be a student of the game and his attention and insight on football is thoughtful and helpful. He has a wicked sense of humor and has his finger on the pulse of the Pats.
    What's not to like? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]He is EXACTLY the kind of media idiot that Tedy Bruschi would have hated when he was playing.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

The truth

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

KP- disagree on your opinion of Tedy. Nothing idiotic about Tedy Bruschi. Do you read his columns on espn boston or listen to his podcasts?  I think he and Troy are two of the best on and off the field.
    A number of posters on board this season have resorted to insulting, name calling, any one irregardless of their own football knowledge or cred, if one has a different point of view. This is discouraging. Agree or disagree with tedy's opinions, but know his football cred is far and away better than the combined insight of all posters on this board.
    Looking forward to seeing Tedy, Troy, Ty, and Drew on the field today.
    GO PATS!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]One time uber- player of only team he ever beld for and he did in fact bleed too. Now analyst......he walks a think line but really no different that Rodney.... I think they both share a weighted perspective and deliver it whether you like it or not...... Based on the captains picks for the upcoming game there is little doubt that the Pats ownership  knows where this guy's heart remains.... And it was a big one too...
    Posted by threejak[/QUOTE]
      I don't get to watch Bruschi much, but I have seen Rodney alot. Rodney is much the same now as he was as a player. He is still a die hard Patriot but is he is not afraid to call anyone out. This is what made him such a great leader. I really enjoy his analysis.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

[QUOTE]Tedy is one of the most knowledgeable players and analysts of the Patriots way. Spent his whole career as a Pat, and has the respect and admiration of the organization.  As you probably know he is an honorary captain today. Tedy always walked the walk and talked the talk. An outstanding leader and player and one of the advocates of "Humble Pie" when the Pats were blowing every other team out of the water. Not sure what's wearing thin on you. Tedy continues to be a student of the game and his attention and insight on football is thoughtful and helpful. He has a wicked sense of humor and has his finger on the pulse of the Pats. What's not to like? 
    Posted by darwk[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%.  However, I understand a bit of what these folks have pointed out here.  It has been pretty obvious this year, that Bruschi is trying not to look like a homer.  I've been a bit suprised to see him consistantly explaining how to beat the Patriots.  He's only 2nd to Mangini, when it comes to analyzing the Patriots.  What you have to understand is this... THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE PAID TO DO!!  The Patriots offense is lethal, the defense is still young.  These guys are supposed to report strengths and weaknesses.  ESPN just knows that people are more interested in hearing how to beat New England, then why they will win.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Bruschi tells it like it is. Of course he is wrong sometimes like everybody else.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I think Bruschi, as well as Harrison, are trying to be fair analysts no matter which team they are talking about.  They may try too hard to be objective when it comes to the Patriots, unlike some pundits who bleed their former team colors or dislike for a particular team blindly.  Billick, Hoge, Faulk are some that come to mind.  I think what they do when it comes to the Patriots, is they exude the feelings they would have had if they were still playing.  Calling out players who do not perform and such.  All in all, when one is blindly faithful to their team, they do not want to hear any negatives about it.  Take it for what it is, an opinion.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Nah.

It's hard to see Tedy or Rodney talking bad about the Patriot Defense.  But there was a stretch of time that with the defense playing 10 to 15 Yards off the opposing receivers I could have caught a pass against them.  

And I'm an Old Dude who runs a One Minute 40.   :)

However, perhaps the Defense had to go what it went through to get where they are now.  And if they play like they did last week against the Broncos there will be a different story told.