Building the 2010 patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: Building the 2010 patriots

yes the pats won 18 in a row.only to lose to a great defense.the colts so far only have one ring to show for there great air attack.the saints remain to be seen.not to mention there super easy schedule they had.both the saints and colts will be going up against very good defenses this sunday,and we will see how well they fair against those defenses.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I didn't say defense wasn't important, I said it was important.  It's more of a run vs pass argument.  I think it comes down to the rule emphasis of 04. 

The truth is that the Pats defense was better in 06 and the 09 defense was just as good as the 2007 defense the only thing that changed was the offense got much worse.  But the 06 and 09 teams couldn't get to the SB.   While the 07 team didn't win the they did get to the game.  I certainly wouldn't look at the offense as the problem that year, I would try to get a better defense, and get the offense back to the level it was at.  The Giants with Plaxico had a pretty good passing attack to go with that defense that year also.  Overall that Pats team had what it took to win, and the Pats team of 09 did not.  They got outplayed one game no reason to start all over from scratch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

shen, moss, if you look at the rankings of the top defenses in the league, in the past say 5 years, colts actually ranked high on pts allowed and yards allowed. they may not have been the top (i think pit was on top for two or three years), but they were pretty good. i think the right formula has more to do with being top 10 on one side of the ball and ridiculously good, as in #1 or #2 good on the other.

i know what you're saying about the trends favoring offense, shen, but i have a feeling that here will be a backlash against all these pi calls in the next year or so. sports media is really being critical of the rules. eventually hat could ahve an effect.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

paula, i understand what you're saying. i just don't think a serviceable matt light is good enough anymore if this team is to over go back to the superbowl. if we don't take a LT, then perhaps a G who can help a little the LT.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Axioms:

--Grab the best player available, but grab what you need.  Identify players who are probably going to be both acceptable to the Pats and undervalued by other war rooms in general. 

--Quietly interview your targets.  See if they have any football IQ at all, or if they have become Joey Galloways.

--Wait for real steals to pop up at certain draft numbers.  If no steal is available, trade down a few slots.  Maybe a steal will pop up at that level.

--Wait for trading steals into 2011 to appear.  Work the phones early and often.  If no trading steal is available, trade down a few slots.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Quality or value.what is more important to the pats moveing forward?to me value is good in a couple of years.to where Quality will make an instant impact.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

shenanigan-if the pats were to give up a first rd pick on a receiver.then i would prefer them to trade for this guy.at least we know he is proven.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&line=166754&id=3202

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

cant wait for the off season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Just finished reading the projo.com link and it's a pretty fair accessment of the Pat's situation. I agree that besides the defense getting old, the draft and free agent mistakes have killed the Pats. If Merriweather was a bright spot in his draft class then I'm at a loss for words. He has improved but you can't build a defense around him. Certainly not like the Steelers do with a great player like Troy Palomalu at safety. Hopefully Chung will develop int THE stud safety for the Pats and Merriweather can complement him. I did like how Sanders was starting hit guys the last couple of regular season games but he disappeared in the playoff game. Don't give up on Brace. He may still develop into a good NFL tackle. I just think the Pat's need OLBs/Pass rushers!!!!!!!! This league is all about getting pressure on the QB. The Pat's also need a power running back!!!!! They can get new blood at these positions over the next two seasons. The question is will Brady stil be in one piece by then. Do the Pat's use a 2nd round pick on Tebow?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Please dont waste a pick on Tebow.  When has a running QB won anything?  I know it has been done, but when was the last one?  Please no!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaws213. Show jaws213's posts

Need a QB, Watching sanchez(who is nothing special) and Brees zips short passes in makes me long for the Brady of old. I thinke he has lost it and we need to look to the future.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the teams goal is to win now.the future is what it is.it dosent help the team now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

jaws are you serious?  dude to get checked out, you lost it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Is it the talent or the continouity of the coaching staff. I watched the Colts / Jets game  ( the only game after the Pats were gone!) and had to wonder why all the Colts has semed to be in place for the last 10 years. This includes some guys retiring ( ie: pension issues, ) and still returning as consultants.

You can only look back and see what is different from 2001 - 2004!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeastModeInitiated. Show BeastModeInitiated's posts

I really think that were going to have a big offseason. Were going to make a BIG move. We are running out of time and need to step it up.

BTW guy if you could please sign up for swagbuck using this link. I would really appreciate it. ITs free and fast. All you have to do when you sign up is just search somethin on the search engine. Thats it. All it takes is 5 min. PLEASE.

http://www.swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=1429967

I would really appreciate it guys. It only takes like 5 mins.