Buschi's Defensive Index - Patriots Slip from #14 to #20?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Buschi's Defensive Index - Patriots Slip from #14 to #20?

getting killed on 3rd down....  ranked 30th...ouch.   PPG ...10th is misleading since they have given up 31 two weeks in a row so trending down....

20th rank is pretty sad considering how the year started, but what is happening is the old "defense playing down to whatever necessitates the situation."  Since the offense is better . it follows that the defense is worse.  (plus we lost 3 big guys)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

the important question is how many places the Jests moved up.  I remember one week it was up 20. Their amazing!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Bruschi has the Broncos #22 and the Texans #28. Rallying against them was easier than it would be against the Bengals or the Ravens. Guess we better work on getting a quicker start and not falling behind early like in the past couple of games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the important question is how many places the Jests moved up.  I remember one week it was up 20. Their amazing!

[/QUOTE]

I agree, their amazing. And so is your grasp of the English language.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

2 years ago, entering the playoffs, the Pats had the worst, or next to worst, defense in the NFL and would anyone have guessed they would have made it to the SB?

Rankings and stats are nothing but that.  It is the continuation of piling up wins and defeating the team in front of you that counts.  If we went by stats to award wins and losses, would the Pats be 9 - 3?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/tag/_/name/tedy-bruschis-defensive-index

Not sure if I'm reading this right, but from the two different tables...looks like the Patriots have slipped from #14 to #20?

[/QUOTE]
    the injuries have really caught up with them. they were awful against the texans .the one thing we do have is belichicks game plans. its usually not pretty but they are decent at keeping teams out of the end zone. if they play like last sunday they will be one and done. i like where the defense is going but most teams that suffer this many key injuries dont come close to the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/tag/_/name/tedy-bruschis-defensive-index

Not sure if I'm reading this right, but from the two different tables...looks like the Patriots have slipped from #14 to #20?

[/QUOTE]

Why should anyone be surprised at this, will all the injuries that the Patriots have had to their starting "D"? Both DTs gone...their leading tackler, LB Jerod Mayo, gone...both starting CBs, Aqib Talib and Alfonzo Dennard, both dinged up, and missed at least 5 games each already. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why should anyone be surprised at this, will all the injuries that the Patriots have had to their starting "D"? Both DTs gone...their leading tackler, LB Jerod Mayo, gone...both starting CBs, Aqib Talib and Alfonzo Dennard, both dinged up, and missed at least 5 games each already. 

[/QUOTE]

you'd be surprised.  at least one poster thinks this d is superbowl material.

[/QUOTE]

Does a D really HAVE to be "superbowl material" in order for the Pats to win the SB?  All it takes is for the entire team to get hot, even the D, and it can be done.  On paper, and even with results to date, the D does not overtly impress.  But, when put together and playing right, it could do the job as it has shown the propensity in spurts.