But, the MOST welcome sight of all was....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

But, the MOST welcome sight of all was....

that of Peyton Manning trotting onto the field in Denver on Sept. 9....   This, folks, is a Leading Off NFL Moments of 2012 according to SI.  What about when Adrian Peterson came back?  Was the same said in 2009 when Tom Brady came back from his knee injury?  Or when any other star NFL player came back from a season lost due to injury?  I guess your last name has to be Manning to deserve such headlines.  Also, at least SI acknowledged BOTH Mannings are the beneficiaries of "miracles" in 2012 with Eli gaining his second miracle gift. Oh well, to be a Manning these days!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: But, the MOST welcome sight of all was....

I've got to tell yeah, I don't like Manning, but he is a pretty special player. Earlier this year I was watching him throw these wounded ducks all over the field and he couldn't hit any of the deep outs or anything that required him to drive the ball into tight spaces. Now? Yikes, maybe he can't make all the throws he used to, but he has figured it out. He has made some of the guys on that Denver offense into household names - that offense had nothing prior to this season.

Sadly this guy deserves all the credit that he is getting.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

Agree with my hurl, Brady is the best but love the way Peyton competes sure fire hall of famer. Hope he gets a loss today though

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've got to tell yeah, I don't like Manning, but he is a pretty special player. Earlier this year I was watching him throw these wounded ducks all over the field and he couldn't hit any of the deep outs or anything that required him to drive the ball into tight spaces. Now? Yikes, maybe he can't make all the throws he used to, but he has figured it out. He has made some of the guys on that Denver offense into household names - that offense had nothing prior to this season.

Sadly this guy deserves all the credit that he is getting.

[/QUOTE]

This sounds like the same stuff we heard in Indy, and continue to hear now that Luck is there.  That offense had something.  How about the 12th overall pick in Knowshon Moreno, what's Ridley 3rd round.  Or 22nd overall in Demarius Thomas.  Eric Decker, Willis Mcgahee, Brandon Stokely?  I'd say that offense was pretty well stacked.  I certainly don't see the Patriots stacked with low first round talent.  We have Welker and UDFA, Lloyd a 4th rounder, Gronk 2nd and Hern 4th.  Last time Brady threw to any 1st round receiver they set an NFL record for TDs.  Manning made them better but they were good.

Remember how we kept hearing how Manning made Wayne and Garçon.  Meanwhile nobody noticed both those guys have gone on to have their best seasons ever under QBs not named Manning.  I don't think that any QB in NFL history has ever been as blessed as Manning has with talent to throw to, Maybe Montana.  Manning ain't a dummy, he chose Denver for a reason.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

why start a peyton lovefest? C'mon man

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not a love fest, a commentary on the latest SI issue which, AGAIN, featured a Manning as being a top story for the 2012 NFL season.  We do not see similar stories for other team players so often. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not a love fest, a commentary on the latest SI issue which, AGAIN, featured a Manning as being a top story for the 2012 NFL season.  We do not see similar stories for other team players so often. 

[/QUOTE]

i hope it jinxes him again, right after they hand him the MVP

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

^ - +1  consider the JINX ON!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

^ - +1  consider the JINX ON!!!

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

A MORE welcomed sight would have been a press conference where Peyton Manning announced his retirement.