Butler and Chung

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Re: Butler and Chung

[QUOTE]I hope they become starters too. But Law (best Pats corner ever ?  Haynes) and Milloy is a bit much to expect in their rookie season. I'd be happy if the got a decent % of snaps by mid-season.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

These two kids have spent time together prior to the draft and they remind me of Hanford Dixon and Frank Merriweather of the old Cleveland Dog Pound days. These kids appear to be students of the game and they have come to the Master to develope their crafts. I expect them to spend many hours in the film room together.  We know they have the phisical ability and now they need to prove their desire to work at becoming really good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

So other than Tas (MVP) no one is now willing to admit they hate former players because they left for more money.  hmmm.

It depends on how they leave. I do not begrudge a guy his shot at the big contract. And Asante certainly deserved a raise. The only grudge I have against him is his "holdout" when he was tagged. That certainly was a huge salary, and the tag is all part of the job. But guys like Branch who decided to hold out before they played out their contract are a different story. That was simple greed, as he would have got his money the following year. My biggest beef with Law was his statements to the media. First it was that he wanted to stay in NE (but with a raise), then when offered one it wasn't enough. And claiming $10 million wasn't enough to "feed his family"! There are third world countries who could all eat on $10 million! I simply don't like BS. If he thought he deserved to be the highest paid CB in the league, just say so! Don't claim "poverty" on what it takes 10 average people a lifetime to earn! In those cases I might hold a bit of "ill will", but certainly don't "hate" the players. The ones who fulfill their contracts and move on for more money I wish well...unless they're playing against NE (or for an "enemy" team like the Jests, Colts or Chargers).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I will second that motion about troxs avitar lol seriously how am i going to focus on your post when you have Daisy Dooks look me in the face all hot and bothered lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Bub - you are pretty reasonable.  I don't disagree with you, but players holding out due to being tagged is pretty common in this league for all teams.  These guys know that the avg career of a player is like 3.5 years and all it takes is one hit to end it.  Tag money, while significant (and I agree, its big) is not the same payday as a long term contract. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

My research (which consists entirely of things I remember offhand) tells me that players tend to resent being franchised. Rare -- and by rare, I mean singular --exceptions like Matt Cassel, who come out of nowhere to earn retarded paydays that will soon make their new teams look even more ridiculous than you previously thought possible, notwithstanding, one quick look at the Carolina Panthers should tell you all you need to know about the magical dysfunctionality of the franchise exemption as currently constituted.

( seriously though, am I the King of the meandering run-on sentence, or does what I just wrote actually make sense? )