BYE BYE WELKER!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: BYE BYE WELKER YOU FKNG MIDGET CHOKE ARTIST!!!!

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

If the patriots pay Welker 13 million they are CRAZY.

They can get Amendola and a deep threat for a total of 9 or 10 million. 

No way you pay a guy who drops the ball in big games 13 million when he is about to turn 32 years old. 

And what do you do when Amendola is out for part/most of the season and you don't have a "Welker" type receiver that is needed?  Then what are you going to say?  Where will your blame go to next?  Amendola is no Wes Welker.  You want to talk about drops, Amendola drops a lot.  Whats needed is keep they players that can perform week in and week out and replace the ones that can't.  Yes, a deep threat is needed but it will be a major mistake to let Welker go, just like it was to let Moss go.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

If the patriots pay Welker 13 million they are CRAZY.

They can get Amendola and a deep threat for a total of 9 or 10 million. 

No way you pay a guy who drops the ball in big games 13 million when he is about to turn 32 years old. 

And what do you do when Amendola is out for part/most of the season and you don't have a "Welker" type receiver that is needed?  Then what are you going to say?  Where will your blame go to next?  Amendola is no Wes Welker.  You want to talk about drops, Amendola drops a lot.  Whats needed is keep they players that can perform week in and week out and replace the ones that can't.  Yes, a deep threat is needed but it will be a major mistake to let Welker go, just like it was to let Moss go.

So you want to pay welker 13 million a year X 3 seasons?  Okay.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Welker has been THE most productive receiver in the NFL for the last 4-5 years leading the league in catches....and yet there are clowns that want to blame the loss on one drop?

Some of you people seriously need your heads examined. Yes...by all means, lets send the most productive receiver in Pats history packing because he dropped 1 pass and caused us to lose by 2 TDs because of it. Could this thread be any more ridiculous?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Welker has been THE most productive receiver in the NFL for the last 4-5 years leading the league in catches....and yet there are clowns that want to blame the loss on one drop?

Actually it was two HUGE drops yesterday and a blown Super Bowl last year - but who is counting? 

Obviously you aren't.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

THANKS FOR THE ALL THE REGULAR SEASON FANTASY STATS AND BIG TIME DROPS IN THE PLAYOFFS GOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEW TEAM!!!! 

Hey ! Guys.....What does Ricky12684's look like? Why didn't you say all this crap Saturday?Would Welker not be a midget  choke artist if he had caught the winning TD?  You are a really sad person . I think that  JJ Watts should give you the ole Salute....I'm sure you also think that he sucks also.....Look in the mirror you'll see the real problem...... The ole Texas  salute to you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

In response to ricky12684's comment:

THANKS FOR THE ALL THE REGULAR SEASON FANTASY STATS AND BIG TIME DROPS IN THE PLAYOFFS GOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEW TEAM!!!! 

Hey ! Guys.....What does Ricky12684's look like? Why didn't you say all this crap Saturday?Would Welker not be a midget  choke artist if he had caught the winning TD?  You are a really sad person . I think that  JJ Watts should give you the ole Salute....I'm sure you also think that he sucks also.....Look in the mirror you'll see the real problem...... The ole Texas  salute to you.

agreed................and if I was half the man I was 20 years ago I'D TAKE A FLAMETHROWER TO THIS THREAD.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Actually it was two HUGE drops yesterday and a blown Super Bowl last year - but who is counting? 

Obviously you aren't.

So it was Welkers fault Talib went out yesterday and the D fell apart later in the game?  I will have to rewatch the game because I never seen Welker out there on defense.  It was Welkers fault there was no running game?  It was Welkers fault the game plan was horrible?  I thought coaches did the game planning!  Brady was 29 of 54.  looks like there were drops by others, not just Welker.  What did he have 2 drops?  Looks like there was also some bad passes thrown being 29 of 54.  BTW, Welker isn't going to catch everything, no WR will.  Show me a WR who does.  His production is top NFL WR production year in and year out.  Welker is the least of the problems, why not focus your attention where the real problems are! 

Deep threat!

Running Backs!

DB's!

Let's start there.  Plus, Welker, even if franchised won't be $13 million.  Franchise tag for him will be $11.9 million.  Should have got a good deal done last season instead of trying to bully him into less then he is worth.  C'mon, Welker is the least of this teams problems.  Wake up and understand this.  That's the problem around here, people want to get rid of the players who have talent and want to continue with this system type Philosophy.  The system type players don't work anymore, they need to have talent.  Wes Welker has talent. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

TFB12

Looks like  Tom Brady did not ask the negative posters in this thread, sitting in their comfy armchairs, for their "oh so insightful and valuable" opinions before he said this morning:

"Everybody knows how I feel about Wes, our whole team feels that way about Wes," Brady said. "He's just one of the best players I've played with and played against. He's just a phenomenal player, and he's been the heart and soul of what our team is all about. He's been so selfless and the way that he carrires himself and commits himself to help our team win, it's second to none."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4739011/brady-wants-heart-and-soul-welker-back

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Obviously you aren't.

No, you're absolutely correct....I don't count the (few) drops compared to the HUNDREDS of catches, and first downs, and moving the chains, and durability, or the FACT that he leads the league every year in catches.....

So no...I'm not so ridiculously short sighted in only seeing VERY few drops by this great player.....but hey....if it makes ya feel better.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Obviously you aren't.

No, you're absolutely correct....I don't count the (few) drops compared to the HUNDREDS of catches, and first downs, and moving the chains, and durability, or the FACT that he leads the league every year in catches.....

So no...I'm not so ridiculously short sighted in only seeing VERY few drops by this great player.....but hey....if it makes ya feel better.....

I've consistently said he is a great player.

He just can't step up in the big situations.  There are guys like that.  Doesn't make Welker a horrible person - but he is not a #1 WR - he's a #3.

Problem is - he gets paid like a #1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Obviously you aren't.

He just can't step up in the big situations.  There are guys like that.  Doesn't make Welker a horrible person - but he is not a #1 WR - he's a #3.

He had the best numbers out of anyone last night.....

Since when is 7 catches, 100+ yards, 1 TD not playing well?

Welker is the least of this teams worries.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Okay.  Lets watch the Patriots sign him for 3 years.  It will be a mistake.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

TFB12

Looks like  Tom Brady did not ask the negative posters in this thread, sitting in their comfy armchairs, for their "oh so insightful and valuable" opinions before he said this morning:

"Everybody knows how I feel about Wes, our whole team feels that way about Wes," Brady said. "He's just one of the best players I've played with and played against. He's just a phenomenal player, and he's been the heart and soul of what our team is all about. He's been so selfless and the way that he carrires himself and commits himself to help our team win, it's second to none."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4739011/brady-wants-heart-and-soul-welker-back

TFB knows how tough the games and seasons would be had he not had Welker.  Thanks for posting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Obviously you aren't.

LOL!  I think his numbers show he isn't a #3.  That's crazy talk. His sats are up there with the top #1's and you don't want to pay him like one?  Whatever!  His stats speak for themselves.  This is mind blowing. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Welker probably will not get offered a big money, long term contract by the Pats, and he might not be here next year.  I just think it is unfair to blame the losses on him alone. when there are enough goat cheese to go around.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Whoi said anything about signing him for 3 years? I'm saying he is the least of our worries on a very class-less post by ricky.

The guy has done nothing except lead the NFL in catches for 4-5 years, and does nothing beside get his butt crushed week in & week out and still plays every game, and continues to catch 100+ balls a year....I really fail to see a problem there.

I don't care about the $$.....the guy DESERVES to be here. How about adding some more weopons to compliment him instead of over-reacting to ship him out of town based on what?...a few drops? Yikes.....

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Welker did score the only pats TD, right?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Over reactionary as always.

Yep lets just not even try to sign the best and toughest wide receiver on the team. That makes a lot of sense.

Who was it again that scored our only TD? Who is it that continually gets game planed for and still regularly puts up 100 yard receiving days, including in post season losses? Who gets the cr@p beat out of him but still gets up and stumbles back to the huddle in LA LA land and still runs his route and gets open?

Oh yeah Wes Welker that's right.

I will say my thank you's again, as always. Thank you Lord for not letting fans make decisions for my favorite football team.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I think Wes is history in Foxboro. It's probably for the best. Big bucks for an aging big pass dropper is most likely found elsewhere.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Whoi said anything about signing him for 3 years? I'm saying he is the least of our worries on a very class-less post by ricky.

The guy has done nothing except lead the NFL in catches for 4-5 years, and does nothing beside get his butt crushed week in & week out and still plays every game, and continues to catch 100+ balls a year....I really fail to see a problem there.

I don't care about the $$.....the guy DESERVES to be here. How about adding some more weopons to compliment him instead of over-reacting to ship him out of town based on what?...a few drops? Yikes.....

I agree, I don't see anyone saying sign him for 3 years.  Just another over reaction from this Schumpeters-Ghost character who seems to know nothing.

Maybe last year they should have signed him for 3 and now would have been 2 years remaining.  Now it's sign him for $11.9 million for 2013 or see if he will now accept a 2 year deal.  I think Wes has one more good year left in him, 2 before I feels he completely drops off and the body breaks down.  As for next season, Welker needs to be a Patriot.  Add a deep threat and legit featured back to the Offense and get that defense backfiled mess figured out and make a strong run next year. Otherwise we will be back here saying the same old things.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Ricky's right on this one.

Funny how everyone apologizing for Welker are the same people that rip Manning for being a regular season stat hore and a Playoff choke artist.  Welker is Manning is Welker