Cadillac Williams to Foxborough

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from deman3392. Show deman3392's posts

Cadillac Williams to Foxborough

He's a solid runner and could be productive with the patriots, but you can't blame him for not being effective in tampa

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: Cadillac Williams to Foxborough

I don't know if we really want another RB with heath issues

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

There are better options in the draft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Didnt you start another  thread about Bryant? Are you trying for record with injured, and inconsistent guys who could set us back for 5-6 years? Seriously man, you have Marshell, Jackson, and Austin out there at rec, and running back is the easiest position to come in from college to the pros. Sorry both dont make any sense, especially when you have 4-5 guys in the draft from both positions that we can get in 2nd round. You need to put some effort in this! Roll up your sleves, turn your hat backwards or something and maybe watch a lil' football lol, that might help!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

How about a question mark on these posts. So people that have no interest in reading random speculation aren't mislead into reading something they assume is news.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

besides that he wont be leaveing tampa.why?I would rather have Lendale White who most Likely has played his last game with the titans.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmassgreg. Show wmassgreg's posts

maritime pats fan, i agree with everything just want to point out he was drafted in 2005i believe maybe 20006 so i dont think he is over the hill, just to many knee injuries in his college andearly pro career to be what people thought he was or should be

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Like his name, he's just another gaz-guzzling chitbox.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

As far as running backs go he is probably in the top 30 which makes him just another OK guy.  3 good running back does not make a great one, only one guy can run the ball at a time.  Since the Pats have bigger needs than RB they will probably patch that hole with a late round pick or free agent for another year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

mine as well bring Terry Allen back....................you are kidding right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

NFW.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Running backs rise and fall with their health and offensive lines.  Very few maintain their value from year to year, and when they do it now seems to be for no more than 2-4 years.  Which seems to say that running back by committee is maybe the best way to go.

I thought we should have drafted Ray Rice (before the draft)  but it didn't turn out that way... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

No more retread RBs! Please. Corey Dillon was a lucky fluke and even then, it ended with tons of dead money on the cap. Choosing RBs has to be like investing...buy low, sell high. There's risk involved with drafting one, but that's better than overpaying someone like McGahee or Cadillac Williams.

NYJ got Shonn Green in the 3rd round and he sure looked good last week.

Draft and develop. Period.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

We need a young RB.  Over 30 RBs are mostly done, break down too much, etc.  Having 1 (K Faulk) is great, but after that, we need some fresh young legs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I don't know if we really want another RB with heath issues

+1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

we need an oline to block for the young running back.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

1.) Harley is correct. The o-line was mediocre at best -- and it is losing two average players, leaving one terrible player, and one solid player and one good player. 

2.) Given that Harley is correct, Cadillac is a side step from Maroney. He is an injury prone north-south runner, who is too small to be a north-south runner. 

I would rather they take a stab at Pierre Jones for reasonable cash, and invest draft selections and FA dollars into getting a good guard and a good tackle to play opposite Mankins and Vollmer. 

And if they want youth, take a stab at some RB low in the second round. But there isn't really a use in grabbing a RB when your O-line is on life support.