Calling all Capologists,where are the Patriots at Capwise with all the signings?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Calling all Capologists,where are the Patriots at Capwise with all the signings?

As I understood it they had approximately 27-30mil in capspace they signed two players Jones and Washington for virtually no guarenteed money and then came Amendola and Wilson and of course the re-signing of Arrington and Talib,now they just added Svitek what type of capspace should be left? I also should ask with the addition of the money Lloyd gave back where are they in terms of space?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Re: Calling all Capologists,where are the Patriots at Capwise with all the signings?

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

As I understood it they had approximately 27-30mil in capspace they signed two players Jones and Washington for virtually no guarenteed money and then came Amendola and Wilson and of course the re-signing of Arrington and Talib,now they just added Svitek what type of capspace should be left? I also should ask with the addition of the money Lloyd gave back where are they in terms of space?

Not a capologist, but follow certains sites.  Supposedly we were at 26.4 at the beginning of FA

From Miguel Pats Cap....... "I believe that the Patriots are actually under their adjusted cap figure by around $17.8 million. My numbers do NOT include the cap effects of the Adrian Wilson, Nick Koutuvides and Kyle Arrington signings" and Svitek.  Need to increase with Lloyd.

Need the contracts to know for sure.

Sorry, hope someone has more info.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Calling all Capologists,where are the Patriots at Capwise with all the signings?

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

About 14 million:

Estimated* Cap Space: $14,564,201 [March 16, 7:00 p.m. ET]

*This number can only be as accurate as the information given. Salary cap information is always fluid, and salary data is not always readily available. At times, this will be an approximate guess based on all available information, with OverTheCap.com serving as the starting point. OverTheCap will be used as frequently as possible.

I think they're going to walk from Vollmer.  Abraham and maybe an Emmanuel Sanders move will probably flesh out the final, bigger moves barring a trade of some kind.

Gostkowski could be cut, which may not be a bad idea, and that saves 7 million in the next 2 years.

Well that explains the cap at least in approximate status. Good thing they will p/u aa little more space from the Lloyd release. I also thought they would cut Gostkowski based upon the need for space. Svitek is an insurance policy in case Vollmer hits the mother lode someplace.Knowing BB he has him learning both sides of the line with Dante as we speak! Inks dry get to work!!! I don't know if they sign either of the guys you mention Abrahams or Sanders. Edelman is not as fast as Sanders but has the knowledge of the system and as far as DE goes they were not lacking from the outside rush but from the inside push,which is where the outside guys get their help in getting one on one assignments by having the tackles move the line and occupying more than on blocker!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

About 14 million:

*This number can only be as accurate as the information given. Salary cap information is always fluid, and salary data is not always readily available. At times, this will be an approximate guess based on all available information, with OverTheCap.com serving as the starting point. OverTheCap will be used as frequently as possible.

I think they're going to walk from Vollmer.  Abraham and maybe an Emmanuel Sanders move will probably flesh out the final, bigger moves barring a trade of some kind.

Gostkowski could be cut, which may not be a bad idea, and that saves 7 million in the next 2 years. Also if that number is correct they really only have 9.5 in Cap space as they have too have 5mil for the rookies.I think thats why they signed Svitek insurance in case Vollmer got a ridiculous offer somehweres and the fact that they have Cannon and Zuceves lurking in the shadows. Thnx for the cap update though..

I thought that Gostkowski would have been one of the first cuts considering his cap #.

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe

Svitek signed a one-year, $1 million contract with the Patriots, according to a source.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

About 14 million:

Gostkowski could be cut, which may not be a bad idea, and that saves 7 million in the next 2 years. Also if that number is correct they really only have 9.5 in Cap space as they have too have 5mil for the rookies.I think thats why they signed Svitek insurance in case Vollmer got a ridiculous offer somehweres and the fact that they have Cannon and Zuceves lurking in the shadows. Thnx for the cap update though..

I thought that Gostkowski would have been one of the first cuts considering his cap #.

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe

Svitek signed a one-year, $1 million contract with the Patriots, according to a source.

Wow welcome to KMart bluelight specials!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

thanks for this post. have been wondering myself. Head spinning from the week of FA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

"Wow welcome to KMart bluelight specials!"

Yeah, and I hope these signings go right up Felger and Mazz' cazoos...listening to these two hysterical old women last week was sickening...what a couple of designed contrarians trying to build ratings through contrived controversy.

So true and nothing the Pats have done in the last couple of days will register with them at all, well alright they'll probably talk a little about Talib, but then they will go right back to whining about Welker.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

Yeah, and I hope these signings go right up Felger and Mazz' cazoos...listening to these two hysterical old women last week was sickening...what a couple of designed contrarians trying to build ratings through contrived controversy.

So true and nothing the Pats have done in the last couple of days will register with them at all, well alright they'll probably talk a little about Talib, but then they will go right back to whining about Welker.

I wrote blue light specials because outside of Amendola,Wilson and Talib no really big money has been spent. Unless you consider over paying for Arrington a big deal. It's also why I was wondering how much of the cap they had actually spent. Because 1 mil for a b/u tackle or 1.29 for a kick returner/rb ain't breaking the bank. Figure 4mil for Wilson,5.5 mil for Amendola
    and I can't even guess what the actual cap hit is on each of the contracts oh yeah they got Talib for 5 mil.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

I wrote blue light specials because outside of Amendola,Wilson and Talib no really big money has been spent. Unless you consider over paying for Arrington a big deal. It's also why I was wondering how much of the cap they had actually spent. Because 1 mil for a b/u tackle or 1.29 for a kick returner/rb ain't breaking the bank. Figure 4mil for Wilson,5.5 mil for Amendola
    and I can't even guess what the actual cap hit is on each of the contracts oh yeah they got Talib for 5 mil.

8.25 guaranteed for a top notch nickel over 4 years and it  being backloaded is not "overpaid".

You still dont understand the numbers. His AAV is approx $4m. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If gostowski is such a huge issue then the pats should restructure him and extend him. Do ya think a kicker would jump on that for more guaranteed coin?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

New England Patriots 2013 Rookie Pool Estimates

2013- $3,309,961

http://www.overthecap.com/rookiepool.php?Team=Patriots

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe

Cap update: Contracts for Talib, Arrington and Wilson still haven't been filed with NFLPA, so still a guess on Pats' cap space.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

By Greg A. Bedard, Globe Staff

With some of the Patriots' new contracts coming in, we have a better idea of where the Patriots are in regards to the cap.

As best we can tell, the Patriots now have $107,858,353 paid to their top 51 players for cap purposes.

The release of Brandon Lloyd saved the team $4.5 million against the cap this year, but cost them $2 million in dead cap space. Lloyd was not designated a June 1 cut, so the dead money goes on this year to give the Patriots a total of $6,514,529.

That means the Patriots have paid out $114,372,882.

With the 2012 cap carryover, they are operating on an adjusted cap of $129,656,344.

So the total remaining is approximately $15,283,462.

However, the Patriots should be budgeting anywhere from $8-12 million to save for draft picks, incentives, and any possible extensions they would like to do before free agency next year.

So in reality, the Patriots have about $3-7 million to toy with.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

By Greg A. Bedard, Globe Staff

With some of the Patriots' new contracts coming in, we have a better idea of where the Patriots are in regards to the cap.

As best we can tell, the Patriots now have $107,858,353 paid to their top 51 players for cap purposes.

The release of Brandon Lloyd saved the team $4.5 million against the cap this year, but cost them $2 million in dead cap space. Lloyd was not designated a June 1 cut, so the dead money goes on this year to give the Patriots a total of $6,514,529.

That means the Patriots have paid out $114,372,882.

With the 2012 cap carryover, they are operating on an adjusted cap of $129,656,344.

So the total remaining is approximately $15,283,462.

However, the Patriots should be budgeting anywhere from $8-12 million to save for draft picks, incentives, and any possible extensions they would like to do before free agency next year.

So in reality, the Patriots have about $3-7 million to toy with.

good post

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Saw this earlier.  Helpful in understanding what they're dealing with going forward.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

http://www.patscap.com/

Last updated on March 18, 2013 9:35 PM EST

According to my figures the Patriots' 2013 cap figure is for $108,798,268 with 64 (63 active, 0 on Injured Reserve, 1 on Reserve/Non-NFI) players. Greg Bedard estimated on the 19th of March that tha Patriots have used 107858353 $107,858,353 in cap space on their active players so Bedard's and my numbers differ by $881,865. I am working to reconcile that difference. I now believe that reserve players like Brian Waters do not count against the cap. I have the Patriots' 2013 dead money at $6,644,196. $108,798,268 + $6,644,196 = $115,442,464. The cap limit for the 2013 season is $123 million. The Patriots' adjusted cap number is $129,656,344. Therefore, I have the Patriots under their adjusted cap limit by about $14.3 million. My numbers do NOT include the cap effects of the Nick Koutuvides signing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Here is your Cap lesson for the day, cap floor, really they could have courses on this.

The salary cap floor does not just apply to a single season, but it applies to the four-year period from 2013 to 2016. Teams must spend to the 89-percent salary floor threshold cumulatively over that period of time. Not only that, but it's 89-percent of the unadjusted cap in cash-out, not 89% of the cap. So, theoretically a team could only use 50-percent of their cap space if they wanted to and not be penalized as long as the cash out met the threshold.

Teams don't even have to hit that 89-percent mark in a single year, they just have to make sure they average hitting that point over a four year period, so realistically you can make up for it at the end if necessary.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/3/14/4104920/explaining-the-salary-cap-spending-and-cap-room

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric1. Show KyleCleric1's posts

Because only the top 51 players count on the salary cap during the offseason, the real cost against that the Pats have to take into account for when the draft picks are signed to the team is at most $1.02M (though it's less since we'll have added more players over $500k between now and then).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard 3m

Patriots cap room today including all contracts according to a league source (not my Excel spreadsheet): $15,271,750.00

And there you go