Calling all Indy- area Pats fans....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Calling all Indy- area Pats fans....

As I have stated before, I live in the Lafayette, IN area, which is about an hour north of Lucas Oil Stadium. I've been trying to decide what would be the best way to take in the Super Bowl, and I guess I was hoping one option might be to organize a public meeting of forum members.

Ideally, it would take place at a restaurant/bar close to the actual game, in order to take in as much of the experience as possible. Obviously this could present problems, including parking, possible cover charges, and an abundance of "haters".

If anyone is even slightly interested, please let me know. It would be nice to take in the big game with a group of like-minded individuals for once.

I apologize in advance if I am breaking any rules by using the forum in this manner.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Calling all Indy- area Pats fans....

hope you find some other indiana pats fans there.
    peace

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

In Response to Re: Calling all Indy- area Pats fans....:
    [QUOTE]hope you find some other indiana pats fans there. peace
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

I run into them all the time, but whether or not I'm capable of uniting them for the game is another story. Still hoping from some response from this board.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

You know what is a better statement?  Calling all AFC fans!!  Usually, the AFC "family" will pull for their AFC representative in the SB, not this year it appears.  Look at the words of Pollard...  he's pulling for the Giants when we have seen players in the AFC want their representative to win one for their conference.  The SB will have a very "away" game feel for the Pats as we will hear the crowd noise go higher for Giant successes versus the Pats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I have an old high school friend from Mass who lives in Indiana now. I connected with him on Facebook last year, he is still a big Pats fan. I will send him this link when I get home today (no Facebook at work...).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I am sure there are plenty of pats fans in town as there are Indy fans in boston, but I would advise this:

Pay attention to all of the pats blogs.  I am sure there are more posts like this on other blogs looking for a gathering place for pats fans.  

There will be thousands of fans of the competing teams here that will not be attending the game but will be caught up in the festivities. 

The old Nordstrom has been transformed into a 2 level bar and gathering place.  Nearly every parking lot within close vicinity of the village has been taken over by heated "corporate-like tents (like you see at PGA tournaments).

On the top 5 trolls thread, Colts man provided some good info about locations. 

The noodle is excellent, especially if you are a blues fan. 

As I noted before, unlike other cities where superbowl festivities are spread out far and wide, Indy has created an experience that will be centrally located for all to enjoy with everything you might need within walking distance of everything else. 

It ought to be a mass of humanity and a party akin to a mini-mardi gras sans beads and flashing. 

It'll be fun and for all those who bash this city, I look forward to you coming and enjoying it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Indy fans in Boston?? I know of none...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

[QUOTE]I am sure there are plenty of pats fans in town as there are Indy fans in boston, but I would advise this: Pay attention to all of the pats blogs.  I am sure there are more posts like this on other blogs looking for a gathering place for pats fans.   There will be thousands of fans of the competing teams here that will not be attending the game but will be caught up in the festivities.  The old Nordstrom has been transformed into a 2 level bar and gathering place.  Nearly every parking lot within close vicinity of the village has been taken over by heated "corporate-like tents (like you see at PGA tournaments). On the top 5 trolls thread, Colts man provided some good info about locations.  The noodle is excellent, especially if you are a blues fan.  As I noted before, unlike other cities where superbowl festivities are spread out far and wide, Indy has created an experience that will be centrally located for all to enjoy with everything you might need within walking distance of everything else.  It ought to be a mass of humanity and a party akin to a mini-mardi gras sans beads and flashing.  It'll be fun and for all those who bash this city, I look forward to you coming and enjoying it. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

This is yet another reason why UD6 is not your average fan-from-another-team Pats forum stalker .
      Admittedly - from time to time his views have gotten on my last nerve  , but he's always got something relatively interesting to add and shows up even after Colts bad beatdown games ( or seasons ).

I still hate Indy ... but Undie aint half bad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brady-is-clutch. Show brady-is-clutch's posts

hey indiana pats fan i am from lafayette also, so count me in if anything comes up, i will PM you if you can do that here.  i tried but have to wait on friend pending, i guess im not sure if i should leave my email addy or not, i will just wait for you to accept and then go from there.......BTW the pats will be landing in indy on sunday around 5:15pm..........i wonder if they would sign for the fans after landing???  wouldnt mind trying to get some autographs if possible.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling all Indy- area Pats fans.... : Places like the Noodle are going to be overrun in the downtown area.  Indy has no idea how many people are going to be descending no that small city.  I hope it works out for the people who are attending.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]
    Thank God you are staying away. 

This is your freaking team's celebration, and you choose to do nothing more than pooh pooh it because its in Indy.  I don't care if you don't like the city.  I am anticipating that it will turn out to be the best cold weather venue the NFL has experienced (and we've heard positive reviews already) because of what Indy has put into it and because they have frequently pulled off very successful large scale events like this (NCAA final fours/Indy 500/Brickyard 400/US Grand Prix). 

It is going to be crowded, and IMO, that is part of the fun and the experience.  So glad you are going to miss it.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

I will be there. Staying about 40 miles south. Trying to book a charttered jet to get there. The parking is going to to tough and I heard the restaurants are all booked up. People are selling there reservations - so I have been told.

I assume I will have to drive form DC. 10 Hours of windshield time listing to how the Giant DLine will kill TB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Calling all Indy- area Pats fans....:
    [QUOTE]As I have stated before, I live in the Lafayette, IN area, which is about an hour north of Lucas Oil Stadium. I've been trying to decide what would be the best way to take in the Super Bowl, and I guess I was hoping one option might be to organize a public meeting of forum members. Ideally, it would take place at a restaurant/bar close to the actual game, in order to take in as much of the experience as possible. Obviously this could present problems, including parking, possible cover charges, and an abundance of "haters". If anyone is even slightly interested, please let me know. It would be nice to take in the big game with a group of like-minded individuals for once. I apologize in advance if I am breaking any rules by using the forum in this manner.
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan[/QUOTE]

Fly to Boston, and watch it at Joe's on Newbury Street, LOL!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

I live an hr. from lafayetter. My daughter and I are big Pats fans and I have a friend in New Castle who loves Brady. My the way I am female so in case you were expecting a guy not gonna happen. LOL

Go NE let's bring the trophy back to Boston.

I can't stand New Yorkers or their teams. Ugh!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I am sure there are plenty of pats fans in town as there are Indy fans in boston, Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

LOL, yeah right Indy fans in Boston, or greater new england?. That's like trying to find a Knicks, 76ers, Yankees or Canadiens fan in Boston