Camp Coverage NFLN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: Camp Coverage NFLN

football it`s like a chess match.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Has anyone been watching NFLNs live camp coverage?

1. It's pretty good.
    2. It's interesting to see the differences in how teams run drills.
    3. Some teams seem to waste a ton of time doing random drills that don't appear to be efficient.

One thing I did notice, when you watch how other teams run drills or little mini scrimmages, some teams seem to be better in terms of efficiency.

I noticed one team (forgetting who it was), they run drills on each half of the field, where one unit runs a play, and then the coach just turns around and the other unit runs a play on the other half of the field, so it just goes back and forth.

I thought that was efficient.

Finally, some teams seem to do a lot of standing around where different groups are standing around socializing, etc.

you should go to the Panthers camp rather than sitting in your mothers basement. amazing what you can learn. I have not had the chance to see any TV the past 3 days, but saw all 3 days of camp so far (not today however, at Fenway) and the PAts are moving very quickly and what appears to be very efficiently. IMO it is noticeable that camps are now 90 players. It is almost crowded at camp, and hard to follow everything going on. I have decided to follow one aspect or group every day, to get a general over view...

I also have not seen the cams on the helmut yet on TV...that must be a pretty cool feature? Seemingly it allows the coaches (and fans if it is on TV) to see what the QB is seeing? has anyone noticed if the cams are on any other players helmuts? I only read about this last night, and did not see it over the weekend on helmuts (but have not yet watched the qb's closely)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Former Pat, Heath Evans coverage is very crisp and to the point while understanding the deeper issues at play. He has made the transition to broadcasting very well and it is a pleasure to get his insights.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1. It's pretty good.
    3. Some teams seem to waste a ton of time doing random drills that don't appear to be efficient.

One thing I did notice, when you watch how other teams run drills or little mini scrimmages, some teams seem to be better in terms of efficiency.

I noticed one team (forgetting who it was), they run drills on each half of the field, where one unit runs a play, and then the coach just turns around and the other unit runs a play on the other half of the field, so it just goes back and forth.

Finally, some teams seem to do a lot of standing around where different groups are standing around socializing, etc.

you should go to the Panthers camp rather than sitting in your mothers basement. amazing what you can learn. I have not had the chance to see any TV the past 3 days, but saw all 3 days of camp so far (not today however, at Fenway) and the PAts are moving very quickly and what appears to be very efficiently. IMO it is noticeable that camps are now 90 players. It is almost crowded at camp, and hard to follow everything going on. I have decided to follow one aspect or group every day, to get a general over view...

I also have not seen the cams on the helmut yet on TV...that must be a pretty cool feature? Seemingly it allows the coaches (and fans if it is on TV) to see what the QB is seeing? has anyone noticed if the cams are on any other players helmuts? I only read about this last night, and did not see it over the weekend on helmuts (but have not yet watched the qb's closely)

I stopped in at Wofford College last year when I was meeting with a customer in Spartanburg.  See, some of us actually left home. Unlike you. That's why you lack culture and experience, even at age 50. 

When I ran a territory when I lived in Chicago, I met up with friends for a half day downstate at Bears camp back in 2006 down in Bourbonnais.  I've been to more camps than you, bozo.

My parents don't live near me, so I can't be in their basement, can I? 

[/QUOTE]

so you have been 2 days since 2006.

I am trying to figure out what makes you such an expert in your own mind? you dont see games. you dont see camp. you dont see practice. you say what a great player Ballard is, yet you might have seen him play 2 times. you rave about Wilson, yet you most likely saw him play 1 time last year against the Pats. most every thing written you think is flawed or written by a hack, with an agenda against the Pats, so it seems everything you read about the team, you dont trust or disagree...

so in reality, you are a guy who watches the games if you subscribe to the NFL package, and sit on this board all day agitating folks. you really have very little credibility watching a practice, scouting a player, or analyzing what a team is trying to do...

other than your name calling and put downs, and your Brady and Jets trolling, you really bring very little to this board..yet you picture yourself a genius football guru, whom everyone pretty much laughs or yells at here.

I think I have mentioned to you numerous times thru the past couple of years.....get help...you very much need it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I am trying to figure out what makes you such an expert in your own mind? you dont see games. you dont see camp. you dont see practice. you say what a great player Ballard is, yet you might have seen him play 2 times. you rave about Wilson, yet you most likely saw him play 1 time last year against the Pats. most every thing written you think is flawed or written by a hack, with an agenda against the Pats, so it seems everything you read about the team, you dont trust or disagree...

so in reality, you are a guy who watches the games if you subscribe to the NFL package, and sit on this board all day agitating folks. you really have very little credibility watching a practice, scouting a player, or analyzing what a team is trying to do...

other than your name calling and put downs, and your Brady and Jets trolling, you really bring very little to this board..yet you picture yourself a genius football guru, whom everyone pretty much laughs or yells at here.

I think I have mentioned to you numerous times thru the past couple of years.....get help...you very much need it

In Defense of Rusty:

Russ contributes a lot to the board from a football perspective. His analysis can be original from time to time and he is willing to always have an opinion and defend it. The only problem I have with Russ is his arrogance and self righteousness in  attacking others. Although I don't excuse this, he is not the only one here with that issue.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

In Defense of Rusty:

Russ contributes a lot to the board from a football perspective. His analysis can be original from time to time and he is willing to always have an opinion and defend it. The only problem I have with Russ is his arrogance and self righteousness in  attacking others. Although I don't excuse this, he is not the only one here with that issue.

please advise what is the "analysis"...aside from 1)Brady is running the offense into the ground from the shot gun and his selfish ways; 2) the entire sports world media has an agenda against the Pats and BB...

during the off season he ranted and raved because there was not much going on...we were all guilty of going stir crazy. now that football is upon us. Russ bring nothing to the table....zero....zilch...aside from his Brady rantings...and the anti BB agenda schtick....yawn...tired...nothing to see there, move along. he gets into his every post is an arguement with everyone on this board, yet at the end of the day, what did he contribute? nothing, other than Brady and Jets trolling...

I really think BDC planted him here to bother real fans, to stir up the board. I for one can see over the past 3 days while football has started, Russ has nothing to say

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

1. It's pretty good.

Welcome to the world of sports. This is common occurance in any sport, any team.