Can Collins Make It Two In a Row?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re: Can Collins Make It Two In a Row?

the Pats may have the best and most versatile atheletes on D

Taib, Collins, Jones, Mc courty and then Nink 

Who on Denver is better?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Do you think Belichick might have been keeping him as a secret weapon for the playoffs? That seems like a very unBelichick thing to do

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

yesNYSE, Collins will play well. I don't think bb stashed him away for the playoffs. What we are seeing is a rookie who has spent the year learning, progressively getting more snaps, and now has finally put it together. At just the right time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I think BZb brings most rookies along slowly

One because of their first long season

Two because the play book is long and deep

Three he knows every one on the squad will eventually platy

Four they have to earn it

McC is the only rookie I remember starting, but the Pats were lite in DBS and he had special game skills

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB barely had a first round pick in the 2013 draft, and then he traded down and out of the first round.  He picked up a bunch of no-names.  Well, here they come. 

Second rounder Aaron Dobson made the trip.  He apparently will be stretching the field.  When Dobson is single covered, Tom Brady can lob the ball downfield to Dobson's uncovered side and he can box the DB out to make the catch.  Double-covering Dobson will be an interesting Denver decision.

Second rounder Jamie Collins apparently will be covering Jacob Tamme and occasionally blitzing Manning, probably on the weak Coby Fleener side of Denver's offensive line where pass protection is suspect.

Third rounders Logan Ryan and Duron Harmon are both getting dependable and will both be in the secondary.  Both unheralded Rutgers picks seem to be working out for BB.  BB needs lots of cornerbacks and safeties to cover all of Denver's receivers.  In particular he needs a small, quick, aggressive guy to cover Wes Welker.  It turns out that this particular type of defensive player can actually single cover a Welker by always bumping him around at the line of scrimmage.  That's how the Pats played all Denver receivers last time.

Rounding out the 2013 class, Boyce is on IR because he took the field this year.  He should improve next year. 

For comparison, Denver's first rounder is starting at defensive tackle, but their second rounder is a backup running back, their third rounder is a backup defensive back, their fifth-rounder King did nothing at all this year and their fifth-rounder Smith did nothing either. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

of course.   confidence is something that grows.  Over confidence is the only pitfall and BB makes sure that doesn't happen.   Expect a huge game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

BB spoon fed Collins largely because he didn't know how to best utilize him and to build his exposure and confidence up.  Spikes going down really opened the door wide open for this kid and BB couldn't hold him back any longer after that.  His performance is certainly one of the biggest things I'm looking forward to tomorrow. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do you think Belichick might have been keeping him as a secret weapon for the playoffs? That seems like a very unBelichick thing to do

[/QUOTE]

NO. Of course not. He had to develop over the course of the year and he had to get opportunities when others came off the field. That helped him develop even more. And now it does look like he is ready.... 

But do not expect perfection. We are playing Manning and Wes and Thomas and Thomas and Decker and a really good o line and a solid RB. The Broncos should do some damage. Here is to us overcoming them. Outplaying them. Out toughing them. Out coaching them... Out scoring them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yep. Definitely looking forward to seeing a repeat performance too.  I'm thinking the Broncos took notice and will have an eye on Collins w/ adjustments - making it a little bit tougher on Collins.

[/QUOTE]

I think that's a great point about coaches watching tape and making adjustments. I'm sure John Fox will try to account for him and Denver has a more versatile and explosive offense than the Colts.

Hopefully BB and the Pats defensive coaches can disguise some things and put Collins in position to have another big game. I'd love to see him get a few big hits on Manning.

Collins' explosiveness on the Luck sack last week was a thing of beauty and he just missed on a couple other sacks.

Go Pats!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yep. Definitely looking forward to seeing a repeat performance too.  I'm thinking the Broncos took notice and will have an eye on Collins w/ adjustments - making it a little bit tougher on Collins.

[/QUOTE]

I think that's a great point about coaches watching tape and making adjustments. I'm sure John Fox will try to account for him and Denver has a more versatile and explosive offense than the Colts.

Hopefully BB and the Pats defensive coaches can disguise some things and put Collins in position to have another big game. I'd love to see him get a few big hits on Manning.

Collins' explosiveness on the Luck sack last week was a thing of beauty and he just missed on a couple other sacks.

Go Pats!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that sack was impressive - he is so explosive - and there was a play where he almost had another one that I thought was even more impressive (he covered 5 yards in about a second and hit luck as he was throwing the ball...couldn't believe my eyes). Still it will be tough to have another game like that back to back, but still it will be good to have this kid out on the field. He's a talent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Go Pats!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that sack was impressive - he is so explosive - and there was a play where he almost had another one that I thought was even more impressive (he covered 5 yards in about a second and hit luck as he was throwing the ball...couldn't believe my eyes). Still it will be tough to have another game like that back to back, but still it will be good to have this kid out on the field. He's a talent.

[/QUOTE]

Agree wholeheartedly that it'll be a tougher test this week for Collins and the Pats D. We've been waiting for a big playmaker on D for years and hopefully Collins can continue to progress and be that guy.

I can see Collins and Chandler Jones helping each other out as both need to be accounted for on every play.

Would love to see Peyton get some happy feet today.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

COLLINS CAN MAKE IT MULTIPLE YEARS IN A ROW. Get use to it. Dude isnt going away, just getting more opportunities to prove his freakish skills. DAMN, we are lucky to have this kid. GO PATS!!!!