Can Kaczur play guard?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Can Kaczur play guard?

What skill set does a guard need that a right tackle lacks?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Re: Can Kaczur play guard?

I was hoping the be relegated to back up roll or cut, but if Mankins continues his holdout all I can say is I hope he's a better guard than a tackle. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

It appears the only person, BB, that thinks Kaczur is any good. All others say the opposite, including the fans, Doesn't the O line have eough depth already, to field a great front 5, including Light, Vollmer, Mankins, Koppen and Neal, plus several vets and draft choices.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Russ is right, bad footwork and even worst conditioning. A speedy end like Mathis could work on him for the first half until he gets so fatigued that he can't hold them back and they start to push him around. Usually the speed rusher play on the right side of the DL. Playing at guard means he has to wrestle LBs, which he should be able to handle. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

I like Kaczur to fill in at left guard, next to Matt Light, if Mankins pouts his way out of town.

Matt Light - Nick Kaczur - Dan Koppen - Stephen Neal - Sebastian Vollmer

I don't know why, (maybe it's because of Kaczur's brute size and experience at tackle), but I think our runs to the left side would improve with Kaczur at left guard this year. The screens and draw plays, maybe not so much.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Can Kaczur play guard?:
    pouts his way out of town? Are you serious? He has every right to be mad, he has earned a good contract and they dont want to give him one what should play for $h*t money? I mean $h*t money might still be a lot to us but he is a top 10 OG and he wants to be paid like one so what is the problem with that? He has never missed a start and you are going to try and make him out to be a cry baby? nice try.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

What about when Asante pulled the same crude off? Did he have a right to be mad? 

"pouts his way out of town? Are you serious? He has every right to be mad, he has earned a good contract and they dont want to give him one what should play for $h*t money? I mean $h*t money might still be a lot to us but he is a top 5 CB and he wants to be paid like one so what is the problem with that? He has never missed a start and you are going to try and make him out to be a cry baby? nice try."

There, I just restructured what you said to fit Asante Samuel...

Mankins needs to get his @55 into camp. Wilfork was in the same boat last year, how did he handle the situation? Was he compensated for his patience? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Sure, just not well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I would hope that Connoly could beat Kaczur out. I'm one of the crowd that cringes whenever Kaczur is trying to protect Brady. When it matters this year Mankins will be in there, and thank God he's durable. 

I too don't see what BB sees in Kaczur. He was absolutely awful last year. Kaczur trying to block Julius Peppers was a complete joke when they did that 3 tackle rotation against Carolina. I'm glad BB isn't toying with the idea of playing NC over Vollmer...I remember nearly throwing up watching NC get any snaps over Vollmer after it was clear Vollmer clearly outperformed any other lineman on the team (I'm assuming a good tackle (Vollmer) is more valuable than a good guard (Mankins).)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

this will all be a moot point, mankins will get some sort of extension or agreement done. kaczur will be the 6th man off the bench, or if the younger players look good enough he will get cut.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I woudn't cut him because injuries happen. Also as a top reserve he would have decent value,on most teams he would still start at RT or Guard. Vollmer is a beast and he should actually play the LT spot but since Light is back and healthy he's not needed there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In Response to Can Kaczur play guard?:
    What skill set does a guard need that a right tackle lacks?
    Posted by themightypatriotz

At this stage of Nick's career and due to back injuries, he has problems with the speed rushers who take him wide. Nick is a big strong powerfull man who takes up a great deal of space and would be a perfect NFL Guard.  He is a roadgrader and would plug up the middle of the line very well.  49ers made the same move with Kevin Gogan for the last few years of his career with good results.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

I think it has changed over the past few years. Guards used to be a little smaller and maybe more athletic than Tackles. Tackles would set the edge and Guards needed to be big but also fast to pull around and block for the run game. As defenses started focusing on stopping the pass, the Guard position has changed. Defenses play with large men in the middle and smaller faster guys on the outside to rush the passer. Guards now are fighting with huge DTs and NTs, they pull less often in the run game, but still need to be athletic enough to get out there on screen plays and block downfield.

To answer the question 'Can Kazcur play guard?' I think he can play guard but would definitely be a downgrade from either Mankins or Neal. He would be better suited as a RG than a LG, as is Neal. So the sooner Mankins comes back the better. With Mankins back the weak links on the line are Light and to a lesser degree Koppen. Koppen seems to be good setting up blocking schemse and what not but is starting to show his age with all the new big NTs in our division. Lucky he has Neal to help him out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I think it has changed over the past few years. Guards used to be a little smaller and maybe more athletic than Tackles. Tackles would set the edge and Guards needed to be big but also fast to pull around and block for the run game. As defenses started focusing on stopping the pass, the Guard position has changed. Defenses play with large men in the middle and smaller faster guys on the outside to rush the passer. Guards now are fighting with huge DTs and NTs, they pull less often in the run game, but still need to be athletic enough to get out there on screen plays and block downfield. To answer the question 'Can Kazcur play guard?' I think he can play guard but would definitely be a downgrade from either Mankins or Neal. He would be better suited as a RG than a LG, as is Neal. So the sooner Mankins comes back the better. With Mankins back the weak links on the line are Light and to a lesser degree Koppen. Koppen seems to be good setting up blocking schemse and what not but is starting to show his age with all the new big NTs in our division. Lucky he has Neal to help him out.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan
    Ok

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Maybe he needs to start doing drugs again lol thats seems to help him a bit back in the day LOL
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

There's a lesson for us all here, I think.Cool