Can someone please explain the offensive play calling

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffchox. Show geoffchox's posts

Can someone please explain the offensive play calling

OK so I understand that Brady is an All World QB, but give the guy a break!!! He just came back from a year of rehab why ask him to carry the team so early when there is no need. Especially when the opponent hasn't exactly stopped the run.

It seemed that the offense was running the ball pretty effectively. I remember yelling @ the TV when a run play resulted  in a 2nd/3rd and 2 in the red zone. They then threw the ball on both 2nd/3rd for no gain (remember the almost TD which Edelman could not catch)  Pats ended up getting a FG. Why not force the Jets D to try to stop the run again on 2nd down in that situation. At least you may end up with 3rd and 1 and create some uncertainty if the 3rd down play will be a pass/run.

The other perplexing call was a long developing play on 3rd and 1, where Taylor was tackled in the backfield, especially on a overly aggresive defense. Perfect situation for a quick hitting play(direct snap??) to Faulk!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Re: Can someone please explain the offensive play calling

In Response to Can someone please explain the offensive play calling:
    [QUOTE]OK so I understand that Brady is an All World QB, but give the guy a break!!! He just came back from a year of rehab why ask him to carry the team so early when there is no need. Especially when the opponent hasn't exactly stopped the run. It seemed that the offense was running the ball pretty effectively. I remember yelling @ the TV when a run play resulted  in a 2nd/3rd and 2 in the red zone. They then threw the ball on both 2nd/3rd for no gain (remember the almost TD which Edelman could not catch)  Pats ended up getting a FG. Why not force the Jets D to try to stop the run again on 2nd down in that situation. At least you may end up with 3rd and 1 and create some uncertainty if the 3rd down play will be a pass/run. The other perplexing call was a long developing play on 3rd and 1, where Taylor was tackled in the backfield, especially on a overly aggresive defense. Perfect situation for a quick hitting play(direct snap??) to Faulk!!!  
    Posted by geoffchox[/QUOTE]

Regarding that perplexing play....the announcers anointed Ellis to the Hall of Fame when the replay clearly showed a complete blown block by Kaczur. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Can someone please explain the offensive play calling

Not hard to figure out.  A good defense can make a good offense look very human.  That has always been the case in the NFL.  We have QB protection issues, and until we resolve them we can expect a lot of copycats.  Of course, you need the right personnel to pull this off.  How effective could Brady be when someone was in his face all game?