Can the Pats get a 7th round draft choice for Adalius Thomas?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Can the Pats get a 7th round draft choice for Adalius Thomas?

Hi,

Does anyone here think the Pats can get a 7th round draft choice or better for Thomas? If not than why hasn't he been traded already?

Will BB pull a blockbuster move where Detroit gets Adalius Thomas and we get their 7th round pick?

Does he have any worth right now or will he just be cut after BB is sure no one will trade?

When do the Pats have to get rid of him by in order not to absorb any more salary for 2010?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Can the Pats get a 7th round draft choice for Adalius Thomas?

someone might drop a 6th or 7th just so that they can be assured to get him.  But I wouldnt, he would have a cheaper deal if he is cut and becomes a FA

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

I say you pair him with say Light or Kazur and see if Oakland bites and get Morrison in return

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

In Response to Re: Can the Pats get a 7th round draft choice for Adalius Thomas?:
    someone might drop a 6th or 7th just so that they can be assured to get him.  But I wouldnt, he would have a cheaper deal if he is cut and becomes a FA
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

I hear what you're saying that you want him to get the lowest pay he can but I think if there's someone willing to give up a draft pick that they at least listen. We all know he wants to be a Jet next year and what better way to undermine that than to trade him. I think there are some teams that could use him for a late round draft pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

He has got to be worth more a 6th or 7th to the pats.  I know he hasn't been a hero or pro bowler...but he has been good enough to start for them consistently.  Even if he looses his starting, which I hope he does, a solid if not spectacular back up is worth more than a 6th or 7th pick.  If that is all that is offered, I say keep him.  Now if he can be a throw in for another trade like mentioned above or like vrabel than so be it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I say, keep him. He's under contract for one more year. Trade him if we can wind up improving the team overall somewhere else.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Who plays OLB if you trade Adalius Thomas away?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

You know, I can't picture another team giving up anything for him just because of the size of his contract combined with attitude and his production.. I hate to say the guy is worthless but that's the way it looks and I tend to agree with Bubba that it might actually be in our best interest to keep him and try and turn him around.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

rob ninkovich, marqus murrell, pierre woods, shawn crable...f. r. draft pick

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

It sounds like most of you think they should hold onto Thomas. I thought it was a foregone conclusion that he will be released.

Some of you said his contract is too big to trade and that he's worth more than a 7th rounder for the Pats. Why?

Do you really think Thomas is on the opening day roster?

I thought we'd be lucky to get a practice squad player if anything for Thomas. Now he's our opening day starter or reserve OLB? Now I don't know what to think.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpatriot12. Show patpatriot12's posts

Everyone talks about reclamation projects, Dillon, Moss, potentially Marshall, what about Thomas.  Can't someone just sit this dude down and set him straight.  Stop screwing with changing positions on him and leave him at OLB.  If he has 1 year left on his contract won't he be more inlined to play well to get a better contract after he leaves in 2011???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I think right now you either trade him or keep him. An outright release getting nothing for him with a chance to wind up with any team in our division isn't an option.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

after listening to kraft talk about the locker room chemistry on comcast...it seems a forgone conclusion thomas is gone and I for one will be glad...now on espn they are talking about more trades happening because of the lack of FA's...so he could be traded to seattle...for a late rounder..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

In Response to Re: Can the Pats get a 7th round draft choice for Adalius Thomas?:
    rob ninkovich, marqus murrell, pierre woods, shawn crable...f. r. draft pick
    Posted by jcour382

I would rather have me play OLB then Woods.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Can the Pats get a 7th round draft choice for Adalius Thomas? : I would rather have me play OLB then Woods.
    Posted by uncommon13

well never having seen you come off the edge ...i can honestly say you wouldnt be any worse than adalius"dont call me fat and slow" thomas  Surprised

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

It's very intriguing what's going to happen with AT.  BB will probably wait till the last possible second and if he can't trade him he will probably release him.  I think most would agree you can't have him in the locker room at this point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

It's very intriguing what's going to happen with AT.  BB will probably wait till the last possible second and if he can't trade him he will probably release him.  I think most would agree you can't have him in the locker room at this point.
    Posted by Tcal2

I dunno. Seems like some folks aren't using the same "standards" when wanting to ouster AT. Remember, some folks also complained about Moss being sent home, or taking plays off too. Yet, not that many people want to let Moss go before his last year is up.

People complained that AT didn't show up for voluntary workouts. Moss, Brady, and Mankins didn't show up either, yet, we're still harpin' on AT.

Like I mentioned in another thread, it really wasn't that long ago when AT was a "rah-rah" team guy. Remember when he bought the team t-shirts about eating humble pie?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Adalius is probably gone during the draft. It happened with Ellis Hobbs look at how that bum tried to get a contract extension and was doing x y and z behind the scenes and got traded during draft day.

All it takes is a call during draft day when all 32 teams are trying to get better. Give Green Bay a call on day 2 of the draft and maybe possibly get a second or third round pick? Second round pick okay a pipe dream but a third round pick? Not so much.

Third or fourth rounder for Adalius is probably what the Pats are looking for. Thing is though the Pats have to hold onto this guy just in case they dont get the guy they want.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Belichick won't trade him. Adalius is the best pass-rusher and cover LB on the team, Bill wouldn't bite unless he is getting a 3rd rounder.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

after listening to kraft talk about the locker room chemistry on comcast...it seems a forgone conclusion thomas is gone and I for one will be glad...now on espn they are talking about more trades happening because of the lack of FA's...so he could be traded to seattle...for a late rounder..
    Posted by jcour382

I agree with jcour. Adalius Thomas is gone, one way or another. The Patriots are doing everything they can to improve the locker room chemistry so see ya AD.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

He will not play another down for NE.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Quite simply put he isn't going anywheres. His contract has nothing to do with it. BB isn't going to just let him march to whatever team he likes and the return isn't great enough in a trade so he's a Patriot for this year. Unless the Broncos want to trade Marshall straight across for him..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Adalius is probably gone during the draft. It happened with Ellis Hobbs look at how that bum tried to get a contract extension and was doing x y and z behind the scenes and got traded during draft day. All it takes is a call during draft day when all 32 teams are trying to get better. Give Green Bay a call on day 2 of the draft and maybe possibly get a second or third round pick? Second round pick okay a pipe dream but a third round pick? Not so much. Third or fourth rounder for Adalius is probably what the Pats are looking for. Thing is though the Pats have to hold onto this guy just in case they dont get the guy they want.
    Posted by Pancakespwn

I tend to think you're right....if the Patriots feel they can improve the team via draft or free agency (and ship him to oakland or detroit...lol).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

One advantage to this approach is to keep him away from the jests.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Who plays OLB if you trade Adalius Thomas away?
    Posted by msteven

it does not matter.  he won't play olb for ne. in bb's eyes, he's sunk cost.