Can the Pats win out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Can the Pats win out?

I've been reading tons of threads talking about playoff scenarios but we still have three games left. Can they stay ahead of the fins and jets?

New England- @Buffalo, Jacksonville home and @Houston 

Miami-@Tennessee, home with Houston and Pittsburgh

NYJets- Home with Atlanta, @Indy and back home with Cincinnati

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Can the Pats win out?

All the teams remaining on the Pats' schedule are beatable -- of the three, I think Houston will be the biggest problem, but I don't think New England will need to win out to take the division. I am not uncomfortable predicting that both Miami and Green New Jersey have won their last games of the season.

How funny would it be (for jbolt) if the Pats won the AFC East at 8-8?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

Yeah the Patriots can definately win out if they can continue to run the ball and take advantage of the defense when they come up to stop it. It wont be easy though. All three teams remaining on our schedule will play us as hard as they can, because they always do but all three are terrible against the run and with exception of the Jaguars they don't have much to play for? I could see Miami and the Jets losing atleast one of their remaining games but anything can happen on any given Sunday. It would be great if the Pats put together a four game win streak and make it to the playoffs. It might give them more confidence. And personally I would love to see the Pats play Denver and Indy again and give them a little payback. I bet Brady and Belichik would too. But lets see what happens

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

The jags could be a problem if WIlfork is hurt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Can the Pats win out?:
    [QUOTE]I've been reading tons of threads talking about playoff scenarios but we still have three games left. Can they stay ahead of the fins and jets? New England- @Buffalo, Jacksonville home and @Houston  Miami- @Tennessee, home with Houston and Pittsburgh NYJets- Home with Atlanta, @Indy and back home with Cincinnati Thoughts?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

I think we can and should win out..Buffalo doesn't impress me at all. They looked like complete garbage at home against the Jets a couple of weeks ago. Fitzpatrick is a poor mans Matt Moore. I'm with the guy that said Houston was going to be tough. They have some good weapons on offense so we'd better tighten our "D" up by then.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Yes

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Lets hope so.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

In Response to Re: Can the Pats win out?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Can the Pats win out? : I think we can and should win out..Buffalo doesn't impress me at all. They looked like complete garbage at home against the Jets a couple of weeks ago. Fitzpatrick is a poor mans Matt Moore. I'm with the guy that said Houston was going to be tough. They have some good weapons on offense so we'd better tighten our "D" up by then.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with ewhite about this /> Houston has a decent defense and Andre Johnson is a beast

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

We better and we should.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Well they haven't done very well inside (Indy & N.O.) so hopefully they can with OUTside (Bills, Jags) Houston will be the tough one...both inside and on the road.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

If they don't, it's one and done (if) they make the playoffs.  All of those teams are inferior in both talent and coaching, now way they should lose to any of them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from otto101. Show otto101's posts

We should be able to win out, if we have hope of doing anything in POs.  It'll be interesting to see if the D responds over next 3 games.  Last year Ariz looked horrible in losing to Pats and almost won SB.  Year before NYG got on a roll.  It's not looking great, but who knows??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I agree with you guys, I think they can. Maybe the Houston game might be tough on the road with that passing attack.

Now, do you guys think Miami or the Jets can win out?

I don't think we have a cake walk but it looks like we have the easiest remaining schedule with a one game lead. Pmike thinks neither one will win another. Of the six games between them I see four losses or two each so one would think we're in-right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with you guys, I think they can. Maybe the Houston game might be tough on the road with that passing attack. Now, do you guys think Miami or the Jets can win out? I don't think we have a cake walk but it looks like we have the easiest remaining schedule with a one game lead. Pmike thinks neither one will win another. Of the six games between them I see four losses or two each so one would think we're in-right?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

I don't..And I agree that we have an easier schedule through these last 3 games than either the Jets or Phins. In fact I was thinking the Phins might go down this Sunday against Tennessee.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Sam,
    For the Jets it depends.... if Indy wants to play or rest, Atlanta is really *banged up, Cincy will play for a first round bye. If Indy plays then the Jets lose two and beat Atlanta.

For the "Fins the Titans will beat them in Tenn. but I think they can win at home against Houston and Pittsburgh.
    The game this Sunday for the Pats is crucial...division, conference,,etc etc

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Nope, Miami and the Jets will both lose a game and the Pats will rest their starters in week 17.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Nope, Miami and the Jets will both lose a game and the Pats will rest their starters in week 17.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

That would be a great thing, to lock it up by week 17 and even Brady can take, at least, a half off!  As well as any other player who is bruised and battered and playing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i think we will be able to rest our guys in week 17.  i really think that both the Jets and Fish will lose this weekend.  If that happens the pats only have to win 2 of their last three.  i see them taking care of the Bills this weekend and Jacksonville the next.  we already have a one game lead so the Fish and Jets have to win out too.  as soon as we have a two game lead (this weekend) the division is just about wrapped up.