Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on

Of course the offense only scored points on the hurry up. It's what I said all week would work. And when asked why they change from hurry up on that drive Jim Tressel (the Giant's DC) said ... I don't know ... we didn't have an answer for it. 

They should have stayed in the hurry up instead of running BJGE. Complete another short pass, get four yards, move the chains, eat the clock. They got cute and tried to kill it .... which only works when your runner is good enough to get you first downs without losing yards. 

Stop being so down on Danny. Danny Woodhead put six points on the board, and was responsible for a 19 yard gain in that game. Which is way more than anything BJGE did. 

BJGE hasn't gained 19 yards on a single play all season long. 

Neither of them are special running backs, at least Woodhead offers a threat as a reciever because he can do something with the ball in the open field. 

And no, subbing means nothing the Giants subbed in and out all game long. It didn't hurt Jacobs and it didn't hurt Bradshaw. IT doesn't hurt pittsburgh when they sub, the Saints when they sub. I doesn't hurt any other team when they sub. Players have a job to do. They should do it. 

The Giants subbed, and they still ran it effectively. Their runners are just better runners. 

I don't think NE shouldn't run the ball. I don't think Woodhead is the answer. Please don't put words in my mouth. 

BJGE is not the answer. 

Lord I only hope Ridley will stop fumbling it or Vereen will realize his talent. 

But I'm realistic, BJGE is not a winning back. If he were, NE wouldn't have had to go into hurry up, and take him off the field, to move the chains. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on : No, I knew what you were doing. I was commenting on how well he played that ball. ZBellino is on here also saying we need a "major upgrade" with the DBs. lol Dowling looks like the real deal and BB may have a find with Moore.  Maybe look for a Courtland Finnegan at the right price and challenge Arrington, if you look to use a McCOurty/Chung Safety duo. Molden is also a fine spot player at CB in a dime scenario or for matchups with his size.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

I agree about the upgrade at DB. I am not sold on Moore, and I do not think McCourty to safety turned out to be any great upgrade (go back and watch the Super Bowl again - Ihedigbo played more FS than McCourty did). When they went to nickle, it was McCourty, Moore and Arrington at the corner and Chung and Ihedigbo deep.

I think Ras-I has definite potential, but I would not say he is the "real deal" after two seeing him play in two regular season games. We all thought McCourty was going to be a perpetual pro-bowler after his rookie year and he took a giant step backwards.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on : Are you Bill O'Brien?

LOL. Are you Latonia Green?

You just said it yourself. When they DON'T have BJGE of the field... they moved the ball in hurry. Then they put him on the field and the offense stops moving. And you want more of that? Serious?

Come on, you don't see the clear cut difference when Ridley is running the ball?

He had just as many 10+ yard runs, four more 20+ yard runs, one 30 plus yard run, a 5.1 yard per carry, all while "being subbed" the same way that BJGE is subbed, and all while having half as many carries. 

The problem isn't subbing .... it's that BJGE is not a good runner. 

Yes, I give you ... he doesn't fumble. BB is in love with that. Good for him. Maybe BB needs to re-evaluate that ... because maybe Ridley wouldn't come up with a -1 on the "clock killing drive."

3.7 YPC vs 5.1

Same team. Same situations. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

So no answer to my question. 

5.1 ypc vs 3.7?

And BJGE would have had 20 carries if he were effective with the ten he had gotten.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on : LOL. Are you Latonia Green? You just said it yourself. When they DON'T have BJGE of the field... they moved the ball in hurry. Then they put him on the field and the offense stops moving. And you want more of that? Serious? Come on, you don't see the clear cut difference when Ridley is running the ball? He had just as many 10+ yard runs, four more 20+ yard runs, one 30 plus yard run, a 5.1 yard per carry, all while "being subbed" the same way that BJGE is subbed, and all while having half as many carries.  The problem isn't subbing .... it's that BJGE is not a good runner.  Yes, I give you ... he doesn't fumble. BB is in love with that. Good for him. Maybe BB needs to re-evaluate that ... because maybe Ridley wouldn't come up with a -1 on the "clock killing drive." 3.7 YPC vs 5.1 Same team. Same situations. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]See the difference, never seen the difference when we play a good team with d-fence PASS or RUN.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Eli Manning threw 40 passes. 

Jacobs ran the ball 9 times.

How come they won the game?

Didn't they break the formula?

If QBs throwing 40 times = a loss ... the SB46 was a tie game.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It was my fault!  I will take the blame.  I noticed after the game that I forgot to wear my lucky socks.  Oh well, sorry!  I will remember them next season.

The Patriots will be driven next season.  If they can do what they did with this team just imagine what next season will be like.  BB will make some changes and get things in order for another trip to the SB.  The players were so close to winning it all, just adds fuel to their fire.  While I expect wonderful things next season, I'm sure BB will find ways to get the team beyond my expectations.

You already have Osi wondering if he will be back with the Giants, Cruz is going to the press about the money he is getting paid, typical self destruct mode for a team that just won the SB.  Patriots will carry on, like always and will end up doing better then anyone expected them to do. 

All the haters can continue to hate, I wouldn't want to be a fan of any other team!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

So how does that answer the fact that Ridley averages 5.1ypc this season and BJGE averages 3.7? 

Or that the Giants sub running backs and they keep chugging along. Or that the Giants used their third down back all game long. 

Or that Eli threw 40 passes?

You can "bet me" all you want. But it doesn't make it true. I "bet" this. 

If they don't waste a down handing it to BJGE, stay in the no huddle. They complete a pass for four yards, then another for six or seven and keep moving the chains. The Giants didn't have an answer for it. NE stopped the no huddle. Tried to get cute and go into this clock killing mode by running BJGE, and surprise .... -1 yards. 2nd and long. 

Perry Fewell, Giants' defensive coordinator doubts your bet:

THE HURRY UP
    Why didn’t the Patriots run the no-huddle more often? Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell said he was “very shocked” they didn’t.

After all, the Patriots’ two most successful drives came at the end of the second quarter and the beginning of the third when they went to an up-tempo spread with a lot of quick counts that negated the Giants’ pass rush and threw the entire defense into more of a passive mode. They weren’t getting their hands on the receivers and they were walking around as if they were confused.

In fact, on the four-yard TD pass from Tom Brady to Danny Woodhead with :08 left in the first half, both Justin Tuck and Jason Pierre-Paul dropped into coverage when only Tuck was supposed to drop. That gave Brady all day to find his running back.
    “They were in rhythm,” Fewell said. “They came out with a nice plan after halftime and once Tom gets into that type of rhythm it’s hard to get him out of it. We didn’t panic. That was the main key. We still had a lot of confidence. We just started playing more man and got tighter with coverage.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/super-bowl-xlvi-super-bowl-xlii-ny-giants-tom-coughlin-outcoaches-england-patriots-bill-belichick-article-1.1017793#ixzz1lvRQCjKR

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]Belichick bought the groceries.  I think he cooked up an okay game plan, but with those ingredients, it's hard to win MasterChef. Especially true when the Gronk goes bad and you need to cook with it anyway.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Now that's funny....

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]Dess, what was that font you used...??  just for rusty? The reason I say coaching is because we played this team 3 times this year and lost all 3. Does anyone think that the Giants have that much more talent than us to beat us 3 TIMES IN ONE YEAR? 19-18 in preseason 24-20 week 9 21-17 in SB. B.B. is now what?  1-4 vs Coughlin
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I take these posts out of the forum to spell check and that changes to a smaller font but when I change it there it is larger and the font also probably changes.  Sorry for the confusion.

Okay, preseason is simply preseason, maeningless for me.  We lost two close games to an okay team and for both games we were either missing key players or a very key player was really very injured.  No excuses though, in our experience, others are supposed to step up.  I gotta go. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey gang..  we are starting to re-hash the "blame game" but using different words, aren't we?  Anyway... a point not being mentioned here:

"IF" all the plays the Pats called during the game had WORKED, would we be here talking about a defeat?  We note how many plays "worked" for the Giants, right?  That is the missing point in all of this blame game.  Each of the plays the Pats called, if executed properly, in the minds of the players and coaches would have had a positive result.  Welker would have made the catch like Manningham made his.  BJGE would have made a successfull run on that 1st down instead of a 1 yard loss.  Brady would have been able to "lead" Gronk on that long pass instead of throwing it short.  You all know what I mean.  Plus, there was a defense on the other side of the line of scrimmage to screw things up.  So, let's just take it for what it is, more Giants played worked versus the Patriots.  Could have very easily been the other way.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on : I am assuming you're being sarcastic?

Why would you assume that?

My only.....ONLY problem with our team imo is that we do not utilize half of the offense as much as we should and it puts too much pressure on Brady.

138 passing atts to 55 rushing atts in 3 losses in a row to the same team. It is plain as day. 14 points and 17 points in our last 2 SB's during that 3 loss run.

Brady is the only constant on the team that has won the most in the last 11 years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Hey gang..  we are starting to re-hash the "blame game" but using different words, aren't we?  Anyway... a point not being mentioned here: "IF" all the plays the Pats called during the game had WORKED, would we be here talking about a defeat?  We note how many plays "worked" for the Giants, right?  That is the missing point in all of this blame game.  Each of the plays the Pats called, if executed properly, in the minds of the players and coaches would have had a positive result.  Welker would have made the catch like Manningham made his.  BJGE would have made a successfull run on that 1st down instead of a 1 yard loss.  Brady would have been able to "lead" Gronk on that long pass instead of throwing it short.  You all know what I mean.  Plus, there was a defense on the other side of the line of scrimmage to screw things up.  So, let's just take it for what it is, more Giants played worked versus the Patriots.  Could have very easily been the other way.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

No way. 

Execution of the play is meaningless. 

It's all about who called the play.

Of course it's execution. And the biggest "if" would be "if" Gronkowski, the best player on the Patriots not named Brady, hadn't been crippled, they likely would have scored the 30 or so they average all season. 

But that's football. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

two first quarter mental mistakes that spotted 9 points to the other team.  I am so disappointed at their lack of mental efficiency to start the game.  They win without that start, and that kind of a start is very avoidable.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]So how does that answer the fact that Ridley averages 5.1ypc this season and BJGE averages 3.7?  Or that the Giants sub running backs and they keep chugging along. Or that the Giants used their third down back all game long.  Or that Eli threw 40 passes? You can "bet me" all you want. But it doesn't make it true. I "bet" this.  If they don't waste a down handing it to BJGE, stay in the no huddle. They complete a pass for four yards, then another for six or seven and keep moving the chains. The Giants didn't have an answer for it. NE stopped the no huddle. Tried to get cute and go into this clock killing mode by running BJGE, and surprise .... -1 yards. 2nd and long.  Perry Fewell, Giants' defensive coordinator doubts your bet: THE HURRY UP Why didn’t the Patriots run the no-huddle more often? Giants defensive coordinator  Perry Fewell  said he was “ very shocked ” they didn’t. After all, the Patriots’ two most successful drives came at the end of the second quarter and the beginning of the third when they went to an up-tempo spread with a lot of quick counts that negated the Giants’ pass rush and threw the entire defense into more of a passive mode. They weren’t getting their hands on the receivers and they were walking around as if they were confused. In fact, on the four-yard TD pass from  Tom Brady  to  Danny Woodhead  with :08 left in the first half, both  Justin Tuck  and  Jason Pierre-Paul  dropped into coverage when only Tuck was supposed to drop. That gave Brady all day to find his running back. “They were in rhythm,” Fewell said. “They came out with a nice plan after halftime and once Tom gets into that type of rhythm it’s hard to get him out of it. We didn’t panic. That was the main key. We still had a lot of confidence. We just started playing more man and got tighter with coverage. Read more:  http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/super-bowl-xlvi-super-bowl-xlii-ny-giants-tom-coughlin-outcoaches-england-patriots-bill-belichick-article-1.1017793#ixzz1lvRQCjKR
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Z, Bradshaw carried 17 times (which is the Giants lead back) for 4.1

Jacobs carried 9 for 37(I think)

Benny carried 10 for 44

Wood carried 7 for 18.

How was Benny not effective. He had the best running production in the game. Bradshaw got stuffed for no gain in the 4rth as well. It happens.

Benny has averaged over 4.5 ypc in the last 2 games against the Giants. On 22 carries.

Russ is correct in saying the following....

27 carries to 41 passes when behind is good balance for the Giants, who were the worst run team in the league. They showed a commitment to the run, when wwe did not.

We had 17 carries to 42 passes with a lead at half?

?

Whats happening to you my man?

Replace our int drive with 4 runs in 5 plays(like N.Y did) and we don't turn the ball over, maintain t.o.p and give NY much less time when we throw another incompletion in our 2nd to last drive.

I can't believe anyone would try to defense our lack of run commitment.

Benny is not a great back.....Neither is Bradshaw as they were dead last in the league at running the ball.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I think Law Firm is an average runner at best, with almost no upside to him. He had a great season last year, but I think it was because Crump opened up some nice holes for him. Even though Gronk and Hernandez were still on the roster, it doesn't seem that Law Firm had a better year than last year.

In the SB, BJGE didn't seem to follow his blocks well. I'm not sure why.

Ridley should have been played more. He's the only RB on the roster who has a chance to break a long one - and they didn't play him once.