Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on

In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on:
    [QUOTE]it is hard to believe that a bill belichick coached team, after two weeks of preparation, would make so many silly mistakes....with all those mistakes, they still had a chance to put the game away with 4 minutes left, but couldnt....and thats ultimately where the game was lost
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

It is no coincidence that after 138 passing atts to 55 rushing atts in the 3 games we played the Giants that they have had the ball inside of 3 minutes to go in the game. Our offense has consistently been unable to get a 1st down in our pass heavy sets.

The Giants won a very close game because once again they mixed in pass to run effectively and won the battle for field position and the clock. The 2 most basic aspects of winning a football game.

Fans blame our defense that let up 17 points and 19 points in both SB's well below there average.

They don't blame our offense which scored 14 and 17 points, which if combined is less then we averaged in ONE GAME this season????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

[QUOTE]Ridiculous premise.  BB doesn't have wires connected to Bill O'Brien's brain or Brady's brain or Welker's brain, etc. Sorry. The defensive gameplan was very good, the offensive gameplan flawed as usual. The only blame for him is not taking over O'Brien's headset and bitchslapping Brady's wishes to try to throw more to pull away in the game. You wan't to blame him for that, fine. Frankly, I have no idea how this team can look at their fans with a straight face using that same crappy, finesse base offense for another season and expect me or anyone to think that it's going to lead to a SB win. They have literally handed over 3 SBs in 5 years because they didn't want to commit to a run or run it with a lead. I am at the end of my patience rope with the pretend game, so if they don't change this next year, I am done as a fan, until BB and Brady are gone.  That simple. Best coach and QB when they want to be. Period. But, BB can't do it all and control Brady's mind or take over the OC role duuring a game, drugging O'Brien and taking his headset. But, he can change the ideology of the offense, yes. In other words, BB, please slap Brady and now McDaniels.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Oh Yeah... Brady and Belichick have to go.

You are an even bigger moron than I thought!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Rusty will NEVER understand that the Exact reason B.B. wants Brady to throw it so much is because our Defense is a DoorMat!!!

The defensive Gameplan was very good?  Do you think B.B. wanted no 3 and outs?  Do you think he wanted Vince to be a no show and for us to get gashed in the run game making Eli more effective as a passer and killing our offense in the process?

B.B. LIKES to THROW. With our MAtador defense you cant afford to run Benny 40 times a game.

The shortest Giants drive was 8 plays!!!! 

When you stop being delusional about our defense making statements like we are as good as the texans defense, and maybe if you watch other teams you will see how bad our defense is. Do they compete and get turnovers? Yes, but they spend way too much time trying to get off the field and THIS is why Brady has to throw a Ton.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Even ref had no faith in Patriots' defense

February, 9, 2012
    Feb 9
    2:30
    PM ET
    NFL Films does a wonderful job replaying live sound from the previous week's games. That is why I was interested to hear what players and coaches had to say during Sunday's Super Bowl XLVI between the New England Patriots and New York Giants.

It was an emotional game where momentum swung from New York to New England and back to New York. The Giants won the game, 21-17. But there were two very interesting tidbits I took from New England's perspective.

First, following a fourth-quarter drop by Patriots receiver Wes Welker, NFL referee John Parry said to another official: "That was the game." Keep in mind New England was winning, 17-15, late and was about to punt the ball deep in New York's territory.

It showed even officials involved in the Super Bowl knew that New England's 31st-ranked defense wasn't going to make a big stop to win a championship. The ref's thought process at that moment wasn't any different from the media and fans who closely watched the Patriots all season.

Second, on New York's final drive, Patriots coach Bill Belichick encouraged his defense to let the Giants throw to Mario Manningham, who made the big 38-yard grab to get New York's Super Bowl-winning drive started.

"This is still a [Victor] Cruz and [Hakeem] Nicks game," Belichick said on the sidelines. "I know we're right on them. It's tight but those are still the guys. Make them go to Manningham, make them go to [Bear] Pascoe. Let's make sure we get Cruz and Nicks."

The Patriots were a team this season that thrived and executed under pressure. But these fourth-quarter mishaps by Welker and Belichick/New England's defense were the difference in Super Bowl XLVI.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on:
    [QUOTE]Bill Belicheck. Every player on the team probably feels they could have done more to contribute but the fact is, they didnt. The coaches job is to put the players in positon to make plays. 1.) After your field position was established at the 4 yard line, why didnt B.B. overide the call that was a playaction, 7 step drop into the endzone with 3 long developing routes? 2.) Why did he play the defensive tackles out wide closer to the ends? I assume its because he wanted the ends to get one on one matchups. It looked ok the first drive. After that, the Giants caught on and gashed us while double teaming Wilfork. 3.) When we were getting gashed(because we had to stay in cover 2) B.B. decided to take out Deaderick and put in Ellis to better the run defense. Cant say if it worked because the Giants were passing too but taking out Deaderick ensured he wouldnt get any more sacks. Ellis never sniffed Eli 4.) Above I pointed a clear change in the defense as a result of not being able to stop the run that made us less effective in rushing the passer. 4.) 12 men on the field on defense!?!?  This is what happens when you tell your CB to keep switching back from CB to Safety. eventually they are gonna get confused. Molden thought he was in at Cb, but it was someone else. 5.) Knowing how the Giants covered the middle of the field, how many passes were called outside the hash marks??  2, one to Deion and one to Ocho?!  Does Ocho have a one catch limit that he cant get any more balls thrown his way? 6.) Run the ball with your Lead Back. I get why Danny was in there for the passing game but he got too many carries and did nothing with it. This falls on B.B., not Brady..ahem, Rusty. 7.) Coach Ferrel said he had a hard time adjusting when we went no huddle and was surpised that we didnt run that offense more.( I think they were scared to go 3 and out, and already behind in T.O.P. so they backed off) 8.) After contuining to give up runs, we never brought a safety down in the box for fear of getting burnt over the top. I get it, but it didnt help with our offense sitting on the sideline all night. 9.) B.B. challened the Manningham catch which was clearly a catch with the first replay showing both feet hit the ground. Could have used the extra T.O. 10.) A coaching staff of B.B., Obie, Joshy, Matty P should not be outcoached by Coughlin, Ferrel and McBride. They had a few plays where things were going good and then resorted back the stale playcalling we've been accustomed to and lost the game On 3rd and 11 after the wes drop, Brady had Edleman, branch, Ocho and Nate Soldier on the field as recieving options. Really?  Those are the guys you count on in the clutch? Why not go back to Wes again and let him make up for it like most Qb's do?  Well, he doesnt call in the personell. I am not mad about the loss as i saw a team in the giants who were destined to win. I believe even is Wes makes the catch, something else may have happened. We were that unlucky that night. It wasnt in the cards. Brady n Wes failed on routine play and Eli and Manningham executed a great play. Game Over Now, Why is it that B.B. seems to be always outcoached in big games as of late and his gameplans leave you scratching your head??? Anybody?  oK Rusty has his hand up......anyone else....lol
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Disagree; here's guessing if they accentuated the run more, you would probably ask why they weren't defending the pass. GIANTS were last in the league in rushing yds; admittedly, that # was skewed due to injuries to Bradshaw & the OL (which had to be reinvented late in the yr as a result), but it's the passing game that makes them who they are, and you're not going to shut it down all game no matter what. Given the horses he had, Bellichick's game plan was terrific, IMO; holding that team to 21 points, and playing them almost as well as SF, who has the best D in the game. And he cannot worry about every square inch on the field either; if anything, that's for his assistants to manage, if even them. Also, FWIW, luck wasn't on their side either; they didn't get the bounces.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Tom Brady re-aggravated his left (non-throwing) shoulder on a third-quarter back by New York Giants defensive end Justin Tuck, says the Boston Herald.

Brady got up slowly and backup Brian Hoyer was warming up on the sideline, though the New England Patriots star QB did not miss a snap. The report said Brady did not need treatment following the hit and it not believed that it will linger into the off-season. However, following the sack, Brady hit only 7 of his last 17 passes in the 21-17 loss.

Brady dinged the shoulder earlier in the season and missed a practice to rest it during the week of the AFC Championship Game against Baltimore.

Before the injury, Brady had set a new Super Bowl record throwing 16 straight completions in a row.  As far as I'm concerned, the Giants pulled off a lucky shot on Brady.  This stuff happens.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on : Like I've always said, as well as almost every succesful offensive coach in NFL history.....The run game opens up the pass. Look at the play by play from the 3rt qtr to the 4rth. The Giants are in run formation most of the game. They weren't getting chunks of yards(like BJGE was) but they committed to it and they threw out of the same run formations. It is no coincidence we had trouble slowing there passing game late in the 4rth qtr as they had juts put together a string of 5 minute drives(ending in punts or fgs) while we were going 3 and out. And yes if we had mixed in more running we would have maintained possession longer, kept our defense off the field and given the Giants much less time to win the game. Look at the play by play in the 3rd and 4rth qtr. Giants live in run formation despit Eli throwing for 5000 yards this year. Smart coaching right there. When did you start believing that 42 passes to 17 runs is an effective NFL offense? With numbers like that we have put up 14,20 and 17 points against this Giants team. You must think there 28th ranked defense is REALLY good to stop our 35 ppg offense 3x in a row.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

But one of the reasons the Giants can throw successfully from run formations is they have receivers who can stretch the field vertically.  We need to do a horizontal stretch because we don't have any deep threats.  That requires more spread offenses.  The problem with the Pats as I have been saying all season is they don't have the talent to do what you are recommending.  It's not that running and running formations are bad things--it's just that the Pats' players aren't made for that kind of game.  If you and Rusty are right, then BB either is an idiot when it comes to offense or (as Rusty seems to think) lacks control of his offensive coordinator and quarterback.  Neither of those possibilities seems credible to me.  There is another explanation for why we don't run much or used run formations that much: that explanation is that we don't have the right talent.  Why people can't see that and insist instead that Belichick has had a five-year brain f@rt is beyond me. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on : But one of the reasons the Giants can throw successfully from run formations is they have receivers who can stretch the field vertically.  We need to do a horizontal stretch because we don't have any deep threats.  That requires more spread offenses.  The problem with the Pats as I have been saying all season is they don't have the talent to do what you are recommending.  It's not that running and running formations are bad things--it's just that the Pats' players aren't made for that kind of game.  If you and Rusty are right, then BB either is an idiot when it comes to offense or (as Rusty seems to think) lacks control of his offensive coordinator and quarterback.  Neither of those possibilities seems credible to me.  There is another explanation for why we don't run much or used run formations that much: that explanation is that we don't have the right talent.  Why people can't see that and insist instead that Belichick has had a five-year brain f@rt  is beyond me. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Prolate no offense but you are constantly making excuses as to why we are a one dimensional offense. Sure we can use a guy to run deep routes but imo Brady no longer has the accuracy needed to throw the ball deep.

Plenty of QB's have been successful without the ability to throw deep. We did it for years before Moss, only occasionally going deep to Patten or Brown. Trick plays or gadget plays like the Dieon Branch td against Pitt in the playoffs years back.

For you to suggest that this team does not have enough/the right talent is crazy imo. We just broke Marino's record for passing yards. I don't think its crazy for BB to be enamored with Brady's ability to throw the ball. I am not trying to insinuate I know more then BB.

With all opinions aside, our offense has scored:

SB 07- 14 points against the giants.

November - 20 points but 3 in the 1st 3 qtr's against the giants.

SB 2012 - 17 points against the Giants.

The last 2 games we had a RB who ran 22 carries for 100 yards yet threw the ball too much causing 3 interceptions and a sack fumble.

Our offense has averaged 17 ppg in the loss. Down from 34 ppg

Our defense has averaged 19.6 ppg in there losses, less then what they give up on average.

138 pass atts to 55 rushes and only 17 ppg to show for it.

Proof is in the pudding broski.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on : Prolate no offense but you are constantly making excuses as to why we are a one dimensional offense. Sure we can use a guy to run deep routes but imo Brady no longer has the accuracy needed to throw the ball deep. Plenty of QB's have been successful without the ability to throw deep. We did it for years before Moss, only occasionally going deep to Patten or Brown. Trick plays or gadget plays like the Dieon Branch td against Pitt in the playoffs years back. For you to suggest that this team does not have enough/the right talent is crazy imo. We just broke Marino's record for passing yards. I don't think its crazy for BB to be enamored with Brady's ability to throw the ball. I am not trying to insinuate I know more then BB. With all opinions aside, our offense has scored: SB 07- 14 points against the giants. November - 20 points but 3 in the 1st 3 qtr's against the giants. SB 2012 - 17 points against the Giants. The last 2 games we had a RB who ran 22 carries for 100 yards yet threw the ball too much causing 3 interceptions and a sack fumble. Our offense has averaged 17 ppg in the loss. Down from 34 ppg Our defense has averaged 19.6 ppg in there losses, less then what they give up on average. 138 pass atts to 55 rushes and only 17 ppg to show for it. Proof is in the pudding broski.

The two other great passing teams this year (GB and NO) each have seven guys with at least 20 catches and at least 200 yards.  The Pats have just four.  That's the reason we're one-dimensional.  We lack weapons in the passing game.  It's not an excuse.  It's a fact. 

And it's not just because BB is some kind of stubborn idiot who is over-enamored with those four guys and won't call plays for anyone else.  It's because Ocho, and Edelman, and Underwood, and Benny, and even Woodhead are not great receivers. 

And handing the ball to a mediocre back like Benny is not going to make this team better.  Getting more receiving targets--or a better running back--would.  But until we get the talent, I'm afraid we're going to remain one dimensional.  It's not the coach.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Even ref had no faith in Patriots' defense February, 9, 2012 Feb 9 2:30 PM ET Email Print Comments 53 By James Walker NFL Films does a wonderful job replaying live sound from the previous week's games. That is why I was interested to hear what players and coaches had to say during Sunday's Super Bowl XLVI between the New England Patriots and New York Giants. It was an emotional game where momentum swung from New York to New England and back to New York. The Giants won the game, 21-17. But there were two very interesting tidbits I took from New England's perspective. First, following a fourth-quarter drop by Patriots receiver Wes Welker , NFL referee John Parry said to another official : "That was the game." Keep in mind New England was winning, 17-15, late and was about to punt the ball deep in New York's territory. It showed even officials involved in the Super Bowl knew that New England's 31st-ranked defense wasn't going to make a big stop to win a championship. The ref's thought process at that moment wasn't any different from the media and fans who closely watched the Patriots all season. Second, on New York's final drive, Patriots coach Bill Belichick encouraged his defense to let the Giants throw to Mario Manningham, who made the big 38-yard grab to get New York's Super Bowl-winning drive started. "This is still a [ Victor] Cruz and [ Hakeem] Nicks game," Belichick said on the sidelines. "I know we're right on them. It's tight but those are still the guys. Make them go to Manningham, make them go to [Bear] Pascoe. Let's make sure we get Cruz and Nicks." The Patriots were a team this season that thrived and executed under pressure. But these fourth-quarter mishaps by Welker and Belichick/New England's defense were the difference in Super Bowl XLVI.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Yup. It's obvious. And worse, this kind of D FAIL in the endgame has plagued us for years now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on : Yes, but thats not what I'm talking about, maybe Jay too, Dunno. Every team Chokes with miscues. It's the ability to have the necessary talent to execute well and keep drives going and then on defense to make the necessary critical stop. The Pats just don't have the few differencemakers like they had in previous years. The groceries were hardly replenished. I blame the coaching starting with Belichick. Just look at it! We need a RB guy like Jones-Drew and a Jared Allen even if giving up 2 1st and a 2nd rounder to get them. Proven players that will get the job done in the Brady era.
    Posted by palookaski[/QUOTE]

I think you mean BB the GM, not BB the coach.

We can't be focusing here on the woulda shoulda coulda of the game as so many do. If we had a better runner, if we had a better WR opposite Wes. If Brady never threw a pick.

And all these "ifs" are about setting it up so the D can't lose the SB in the endgame. Three SBs lost because of late game FAIL by the D, (I'm including 2006) and they tried like hell to lose the Raven's game too.

We need to fix the problem, not try to compensate for it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on : Wrong.  It's how he was used. Once they started to use Woodhead as a lead back in the first half, that's a problem. That's problem #1. They had a chance to just unload a healthy BJGE and Ridley type approach oin the second and subsequent drives after the first TD drive out of halftime and they ddin't. Problem #2. I would have bet money with you on the spot that if they did what I just suggested (BJGE or RIdley in the second half as lead back), his YPC average would have been FAR better than 3.7 if he had been used. Yep. If he got around 20 carries, Brady doesn't throw that pick and I bet Welker never has that drop. And guess what? We win. YEP
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

That Pats drive before the half culminated in a heavy dose of Woodhead. Even the announcers were ready to hand him the MVP award after that drive. The Giants did a respectable job defending the run, but I do think if you stick with it enough to keep them honest and get enough positive efforts that play action becomes much more effective. Ridley is their speed back and we all know what happens when you go back to back games with a fumble. In BB's dog house and no bone for you. BB probably doesn't trust him enough to hand him the rock in the biggest game of the year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsDK. Show PatsDK's posts

Mr. Shizzle look at the response and admit that you are wrong. There is no shame in being wrong.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

The offense could have put it away, but did not execute.

Plus two stupid turnovers, a safety and and underthrown ball to Gronk

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-dogg81. Show p-dogg81's posts

IN BILL I TRUST

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]The offense could have put it away, but did not execute. Plus two stupid turnovers, a safety and and underthrown ball to Gronk
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

LOL... Oh my!
    And the D could have got one 3 & out, retrieved one turn over, stopped the jints before they crossed the 50. Stopped them in less than 8 plays just once, made a stop on the last play, gotten more sacks or pressure or... or... or.
    Can you imagine if the Pat's had one more minute on their last drive?  No need to hurry, just run the 2 minute drill that they excel at?  Just one more minute of TOP, never mind the 16 they lost.
    You just can't blame one group or person.
    I sure would love to sit down and talk to BB about it and get a real answer.
    Not just, "Everybody could have done a little more".  But essentially, that's what it boils down to.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

fyi BJGE averaged 3.7 this season. So did Brandon Jacobs, and Ahmad Bradshaw averaged a whopping 3.9.

Yet the Giants ran the ball 27 times with these backs to our 17. We led for more then half the game and the Giants ran more in the 2nd half(when they were down) then they did in the 1st, thus controlling T.O.P.

Our run defense was better against the run then the Giants but they did something we have not done since 2004.(Coincidentally Weiss's last year) They showed a commitment to the run.

Replace some ill advised passing play calls with some 3-4 yard running plays and we might have more then 2 minutes to win the game....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]The offense could have put it away, but did not execute. Plus two stupid turnovers, a safety and and underthrown ball to Gronk
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

The offense must put it away, because we KNOW the defense can't.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Saying who's to blame for a team loss is not possible! If one person fails to do what the play being called forti do doesn't then the play wasn't exacuited, it's easy to sit back and say this and that,but until you are in that position you really can't make the call. We all have been there knowing the outcome and saying if only we did this or that. I think the team is to blame all of them in some way dropped the ball. I too believe the refs had a lot to do with it. I'm so SICK of the Giants, I think I hate them more now than the Jets! Which I never believed possible. They are in my humble opinion not Superbowl winners they are the team that won/got lucky by the other team not playing at their best. A 9-7 team is not Super by a stretch of the imagination, I don't care if they have Rings most will be pawning them soon anyway!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]fyi BJGE averaged 3.7 this season. So did Brandon Jacobs, and Ahmad Bradshaw averaged a whopping 3.9. Yet the Giants ran the ball 27 times with these backs to our 17. We led for more then half the game and the Giants ran more in the 2nd half(when they were down) then they did in the 1st, thus controlling T.O.P. Our run defense was better against the run then the Giants but they did something we have not done since 2004.(Coincidentally Weiss's last year) They showed a commitment to the run. Replace some ill advised passing play calls with some 3-4 yard running plays and we might have more then 2 minutes to win the game....

Actually, the Giants ran more in the first half--and were way more effective than the Pats running during that half. 
    • Bradshaw had 9 first-half attempts for 44 yards, for a 4.9 average and with a long of 24 yards
    • Jacobs was 5 attempts for 21 yards, with a 4.2 yard average and a long of 11 yards
    For the Pats in the first half:
    • Woodhead had 5 attempts for 13 yards, a 2.6 yard average, with a long of 6 yards
    • BJGE had 3 attempts for 7 yards, a 2.3 yard average, with a long of 4 yards
    The Giants two lead backs ran on 14 out of 35 plays (40%). The Pats two lead backs ran on 8 of 27 plays (30%).  

The Giants ran more in the game because it was more effective for them.  Bradshaw and Jacobs may not be great backs, but they're better than BJGE and Woodhead when you put them in running formations (the Danny and Benny show gets most of its yards from shotgun runs).  The Pats D also has to keep the safeties back because of the poor pass coverage.  And this creates opportunities for teams that want to run.  Because the Giants passing game was so effective, they were able to keep our defense focused on the pass and that opened some opportunities for runs as our safeties were playing deep. 

Of course, the Giants D also had to focus on our passing game--but unlike the Giants' passing game, the Pats' passing game mostly happens close to the LOS.  This means safeties can come close to the LOS where they're in position to defend the run as well as the short pass.  It's one reason we need a better wideout.  If we could pull safeties back, it would open things up not just for our passing game but our running game.

Football's a game of lots of moving parts and they all affect one another. You can't reduce it to simplistic formulae, such as "hand the ball to BJGE 20+ times and we'll win" or "keep Brady from throwing more than 35 times and we'll win." It's way more complex than that.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Good points; except I partly disagree about the Giant RBs; Jacobs has seen better days, & Bradshaw's actually pretty good; he was hampered all season due to a  broken foot.

And, you'll see every team learn the lesson about scoring TDs with a minute or so left when up by less than 1 score and a HOF/superstar QB about to get back on the field.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Saying who's to blame for a team loss is not possible! If one person fails to do what the play being called forti do doesn't then the play wasn't exacuited, it's easy to sit back and say this and that,but until you are in that position you really can't make the call. We all have been there knowing the outcome and saying if only we did this or that. I think the team is to blame all of them in some way dropped the ball. I too believe the refs had a lot to do with it. I'm so SICK of the Giants, I think I hate them more now than the Jets! Which I never believed possible. They are in my humble opinion not Superbowl winners they are the team that won/got lucky by the other team not playing at their best. A 9-7 team is not Super by a stretch of the imagination, I don't care if they have Rings most will be pawning them soon anyway!!!!!!!
    Posted by laurienyc13[/QUOTE]

More sore loser-itis. Speaking of, whatever happened to pauldeba? He was shooting his mouth off the most before the game, predicted all Giants fans would disappear by late Sun night, then did that himself. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxbo. Show soxbo's posts

Brady was not the same after the Tuck sack.  The pass to Welker was 
    a terrible one.  Biggest point in the game.  / Eli the hick through a pea
    to manningham through a tiny window.  - it's the story of two passes.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxbo. Show soxbo's posts

the safety was on brady.  he needs to take two steps out of pocketand he can throw it ANYWHERE.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxbo. Show soxbo's posts

he screams like an 8 year old.