Can we just take a moment to appreciate what this team has already accomplished?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Can we just take a moment to appreciate what this team has already accomplished?

I know it is common place to look at the glass "half empty" on this board, but I think we all need to take a step back and look at what this team had accomplished this season.  12-4 and the #2 seed in the AFC is nothing to sneeze at.  We have been so spoiled over the past decade plus, coming to take for granted 12-14 win seasons and first round byes almost like these accomishments are formalities for the Pats.  Heck, I'm as guilty as anyone.  Anything less than perfection is easy to frown upon because we are used to such success.  This year really deserves special recognition, though.  With all of the injuries and player turnover, a 8-8 season was very possible.  This team really did show amazing grit, toughness, and improvement to make the 12-4 record a reality this year.  Hats off to the 2013 Patriots.  I have no idea how things will shake out in the playoffs, but however it ends up I am proud as heck of this team and you should be too.  I like our chances.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Can we just take a moment to appreciate what this team has already accomplished?

I am a glass-half-full type of guy.  I agree, this team is right *there* despite some crippling injuries on both sides of the ball and despite the fact that Brady's receiving corps changed dramatically over the course of one season.  It may have been ugly at times, they are certainly not perfect, but they are the #2 with a legit shot at the Superbowl.  They were left for dead early in the year by some but a lot of fans had faith that they'd improve over the course of the year -- and they did. 

It's hard not to appreciate what this team has accomplished this year, and here's hoping they can keep it going. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Can we just take a moment to appreciate what this team has already accomplished?

Most enjoyable home slate of games in a while. really got my money worth this year with the comebacks especially the Denver & NO games. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

SO NICE TO SEE POSITIVE FEEDBACK. Hopefully this thread stays troll free. Nice job, Wazzu. GO PATS!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Any other team would have folded after the season ending injuries to key players that the Pats have endured. Instead we go into the playoffs with the second seed and an emerging running game that could prove very important in January weather.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know it is common place to look at the glass "half empty" on this board, but I think we all need to take a step back and look at what this team had accomplished this season.  12-4 and the #2 seed in the AFC is nothing to sneeze at.  We have been so spoiled over the past decade plus, coming to take for granted 12-14 win seasons and first round byes almost like these accomishments are formalities for the Pats.  Heck, I'm as guilty as anyone.  Anything less than perfection is easy to frown upon because we are used to such success.  This year really deserves special recognition, though.  With all of the injuries and player turnover, a 8-8 season was very possible.  This team really did show amazing grit, toughness, and improvement to make the 12-4 record a reality this year.  Hats off to the 2013 Patriots.  I have no idea how things will shake out in the playoffs, but however it ends up I am proud as heck of this team and you should be too.  I like our chances.

[/QUOTE]

Nice post. Completely agree. It makes me ill to see the whiny, entitled pink hats who clearly have never left New England before NOR have any non PAts friends to speak of, sit here and try to ruin the board because their lives are so miserable.

How are you feeling about the Pats vs Denver, especially with Von MIller down?

If SD beats CIncy or KC beats Indy, do you feel comfortable with the Broncos matching up with those teams when it's pretty clear each team has played them well in the division this year?

[/QUOTE]

Well, I definitely dont feel as strongly that Den will win the SB as I did when we made the bet.  Miller going down was a big deal for them.  If I had to pick one AFC team to even make it to the SB, I would probably have to still take them, but very reluctantly.  I think that we can absolutely beat them, in fact I think that Indy, KC, or even SD could beat them if the conditions aren't just right for Gomer.  I'm praying for cold and wind for Denver.  The only reason I would still reluctantly pick them is because I still believe that the officials will be on Gomer's side.  We will see.  I think we are a better team, but they would have home-field if we met them.  Bet still absolutely on.  I really hope you win it by the end of the Divisional round.  NE is starting to peak, IMO.  Should be interesting.  Go Pats!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

Any other team would have folded after the season ending injuries to key players that the Pats have endured. Instead we go into the playoffs with the second seed and an emerging running game that could prove very important in January weather.

And "Any other team would have folded" is exactly right! Its an amazing testament to the toughness and solidarity that this team has developed. AWESOME. NOBODY is looking forward to having to face them right now, you can bet on that!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Sorry...but with this team, it's SB or bust. The Patriots are becoming the Atlanta Braves of the NFL. It's been too long...it's time for a title. This year, it's there for the taking. Is there any team out there that really scares you? The most scary teams are in the NFC.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Brady and Belichick arent satisfied with winning division and bye - why should we fans be?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady and Belichick arent satisfied with winning division and bye - why should we fans be?

[/QUOTE]

As a jets fan, I'm sure you would kill to be 12-4 and have a bye.  Honor your word and disappear, liar.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Very appreciative, now lets go win the SB

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep, I concur. There has been a lot that happened to this team. I always take in 4 quarters. !st quarter was brutal for our offense but great for our defense. Truly a season of complimentary football if you will. Any real football fan would appreciate what weve done and I am still sticking to my guns with the post I made in september titled "Dont talk to me" in honor of Vinatieri the year he grew his beard out. I had fans on the board telling me the season was over and I admit I hit my low point after the Miami game and didnt feel good initially about the Bmore game but by Friday I posted "I AM CONFIDENT" and stated why we would win going away and we did. Ive never felt better going into the postseason outside of 03-04 and thats including 07. Hey, I like adversity and I know how important it is to have gut check wins in regular season. They go a long way and weve done it plenty of times this year.

#BATTLE TESTED

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As a jets fan, I'm sure you would kill to be 12-4 and have a bye.  Honor your word and disappear, liar.

[/QUOTE]

Im a Jets fan??? Guess i sure fooled the entire crowd on Beacon street when I took the pic of Brady going by with the trophy at the SB parade.....Where were you standing and where are the pics you took of that parade???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Im a Jets fan??? Guess i sure fooled the entire crowd on Beacon street when I took the pic of Brady going by with the trophy at the SB parade.....Where were you standing and where are the pics you took of that parade???

[/QUOTE]

It's not rocket science to download a picture of the patriots victory parade and post is as your profile picture. nice try.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's not rocket science to download a picture of the patriots victory parade and post is as your profile picture. nice try.  

[/QUOTE]

I have 10000 bucks to ANYBODY out there that can find this picture online.....anybody want to take challenge?....Like I said where were you standing and where are pics you took at the same parade I took this one at?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsTxGrl. Show PatsTxGrl's posts

Another SB win would make me appreciate them even more...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I'm the half full dude and always appreciate what this team has done and will keep doing. I mean no other teams fans had it as good as we have for the past 13 years or so. I remember thinking I was in heaven when I flew home from Germany in 85 to get married (was stationed there in the Army) and by the time I flew back the Pats were in the SB!!!!!!! Anyway I love this team and do not ake it for granted at all!!! Go Pats!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

It's been an amazing season. And think about how close some of the losses were (and with a couple terrible last minute calls marring two of them). 

This has been a hall of fame, virtuoso performance of a coaching season on the part of Belichick, showcasing his two greatest strengths, incorporate depth e.g. coaching 'em up), and in-game management.  

I badly want to see this team win another Super Bowl to raise and cement legacies, but that said, with the rash of season-ending injuries I would be ok with any outcome from this point this season as long as we win our first home game. (With a first round bye and mediocre AFC competition, I would be disappointed losing the first playoff game). 

But from there, everything is gravy in my book this year - though a championship is not out of the question for this gritty and resilient bunch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Brady and Belichick arent satisfied with winning division and bye - why should we fans be?"

You should be, you believe we backed into the playoffs anyhow so any team that backs in is just lucky to be there. 

If this team had a healthy Gronk, Hernandez and either Wllfork or Mayo, I'd say Super Bowl or bust. But that's not the case. So, I accept less this time around - but hope for more. Like I said though I do expect a win and a trip to the final four if you will. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

SO NICE TO SEE POSITIVE FEEDBACK. Hopefully this thread stays troll free. Nice job, Wazzu. GO PATS!!!

RALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been following this team since 1960! I've lived through the overmatched Sullivans, the never ending titticut follies that was this teams lot for many decades...I praise the Sullivans for bring pro football to New England...I praise even more the Kraft Family for bring absolute football excellence to this franchise...I praise BB for being the greatest coach and GM of his era....nobody has held the same two jobs and has come close to what he's accomplished...finally I praise the man I consider the most unselfish and greatest QB  of the modern football era, Tom Brady. Together with the collection of tough guys and dedicated team players this organization has picked, signed and traded for, they have exceeded my wildest expectations....they always surprise me in some ways, but never in others..GO PATS, I SALUTE YOU!!!!