Can We Officially Say Ocho Looks Like A Major Bust?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Can We Officially Say Ocho Looks Like A Major Bust?

I sure hope the Pats are not in this Lloyd b.s....it will show me the lack of concern and attention to our struggling defense.

Our offense is fine as long as the game is called right.

Why bring in another WR?  we have 3 already who are not used. (price, ocho, edleman...and 4 if you count slater.

We are a 2 tight end team

if you gonna trade, it better be for a defensive player or im all set...smh

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Food for thought: When was the last time we saw Brady throw a deep pass ? Hell, when Moss was on the squad the Pats would open games with a chuck downfield just to quickly put the fear of god(Brady) into a defenses head.

Chadly: It's not like Ocho's getting double-teamed, either. Mostly, he's just another player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: Can We Officially Say Ocho Looks Like A Major Bust?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can We Officially Say Ocho Looks Like A Major Bust? : Just sayin, it's hard to be productive when you don't get the snaps.  This is a tough line-up to crack when they mostly play 2 receiver sets and Welker/Branch have the chemistry that took years to develop.  I wouldn't call his 2 nice catches last week unproductive either.  The fact that he is getting more snaps than Edelman, Slater, Price, says something. I guess seeing that would take reading between the lines, though.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

How is that relevant? So Brandon Tate was good last year since he had more snaps then Edelman? All that tells me is the depth at WR is terrible that does not mean Ocho has played well or Tate last year. That is 2 seperate scenerios.  
    So a Veteran like Ocho is better than Slater, Edelman and Price. Wow. That's really impressive. That should be an absolute given.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

No, russ I love the progression of our "D", i was just saying if any unit needed help, its our defense, not the offense.

I like what they are doing, but make no mistake, I would still upgrade our safety position and backer position if possible, but its not like I dont think our defense can get it done. I would prefer they get a safety, but im realistic and just dont want any more WR's here...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can We Officially Say Ocho Looks Like A Major Bust? : Four times last week?  Maybe you're blind.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

lol  -  maybe I am, '66. Care to elaborate ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can We Officially Say Ocho Looks Like A Major Bust? : How is that relevant? So Brandon Tate was good last year since he had more snaps then Edelman? All that tells me is the depth at WR is terrible that does not mean Ocho has played well or Tate last year. That is 2 seperate scenerios.   So a Veteran like Ocho is better than Slater, Edelman and Price. Wow. That's really impressive. That should be an absolute given.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

It's relevant because Tate, Edelman, Price have been in the system for 3 years or so, not 3 months.  All their snaps are going to be limited because of the strong core, not so much that the depth is terrible.  They are all capable of stepping up in case of injury.  Until then, the starters are going to start.
    Why is that hard to understand?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

[QUOTE]Our?  When did the Pats hire you?

66, how'd you become such a cranky old prikk ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

He had made some big 3rd downs for us. Yesterday we took advantage of the DE LB's with our tight ends. If 85 was not a houshold name we would not be having this conversation. Next say we do get a new WR he will have to learn the sytem and get intergrated into the games. More offsides and motion penalties lat in the season is not a good thing. We are built to take what teams give us Ocha has not hurt us so he actually helping keep his mouth shut and if branch or welker ever get hurt he is INS. thats all he is right now 4th or 5th option and expensive INS Policy

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

[QUOTE]He had made some big 3rd downs for us. Yesterday we took advantage of the DE LB's with our tight ends. If 85 was not a houshold name we would not be having this conversation. Next say we do get a new WR he will have to learn the sytem and get intergrated into the games. More offsides and motion penalties lat in the season is not a good thing. We are built to take what teams give us Ocha has not hurt us so he actually helping keep his mouth shut and if branch or welker ever get hurt he is INS. thats all he is right now 4th or 5th option and expensive INS Policy
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]
    Well said, Gen. The Pats will show him all due respect, anyhow, whether they'd care to cut him or not. So far, however, I would have expected more. Hey, Welker produces and sees far more action for it. Ocho ought to be one of those guys by now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

[QUOTE]I predict this was his last game.  The QB yelling at you is not a good sign.  Brady did that with Galloway, and we know how that worked out.

I wish all the wanna be GM's would get a life...lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

After this week I think Ochostinko in nomo. Rumor has it Brandon Loyd is available from Denver, he may not be feature WR but he can fly and is definately a field stretcher,but trades like that rarely happen in the NFL.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I'd say yesterday was a step back.  They stacked a side and isolated CJ and he ran the wrong route.  Not good, and he seems to do this at least once a game. 

I do agree, however, that having CJ here in a Gaffney-type role is not the worst thing in the world.  But Brady doens't seems to be looking for him a whole lot, and he's not on the field a whole lot.  That's a lot of money for a guy who isn't playing or producing and who can do nothing on special teams.  I'm not saying they need to go and get Lloyd, but I do worry a bit about the WR depth, especially since Price seems chained to the bench.   

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

All I know is AJ Green the rookie WR for the Bengals has become the go to guy and made everyone there for get about Ocho.  Clearly Ocho has a lost a step in terms of speed, it happens to most WRs at his age.  In fact he hasn't been the dominant Ocho we knew for several years.  

The good news is Hernandez, Gronkowski, and Welker are three excellent options, and matchup nightmares.  Add in a resourceful Deion Branch who is as good as a 4th option as most teams have.  

The Patriots will probably keep Ocho around for the rest of the season, just because he's a veteran and ca

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]OK, not impressed at all with Ocho,but is he hurting the team?? I hear all this Ocho bust talk but so far,no one has come up with how he is harming the team. Supposedly ,he's been a good locker room guy and is busting his butt to improve. I'd love to see 7 catches for 100 and a TD but lets face it, with the GREAT TE play, Wes Welker and Brady's security blanket in Branch, it really doesn't matter who the 3rd receiver is because their PT and numbers won't impress. Remember, when Moss was here, it was Moss, Welker and the Pips. So until he actually losses a game or becomes a locker room menace, I'll anxiously await his "break out" game.............. Receptions Welker          51 Gronk           29 Hernandez    27 Branch         26 Rest of team  27 ( Ocho 9 of them)...........lil perspective
    Posted by leatherhelmet[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you were agreeing with him or not but your numbers showed his statement perfectly.

as a team 160 rec's 6 weeks into a season is a massive number. Considering Ocho is the 5th target when a vast majority of the snaps coming are from 2 TE snaps 9 recs this year is on track to what he should be seeing. It's very hard to get looks when the O runs 2 and 3 TE snaps 80% of the time and you are the 3rd WR.

Actually 1/3 of the rec's not including the TE's, or #1/2 WR's is a lot when considering the amount of times Brady's been in no huddle and likes to check down during no huddles.

Though I would like to see him make a bigger impact on the team I'm not about to take looks away from Welker, the TE's, or Branch in order to do it

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

didnt tom yell at moss in that miami game before he was gone? I guess I missed it when did tom yell at ocho yesterday? and you can tell tom is growing very tired of ochos antics. I think he is fed up with him at this point. Defiently NO chemistry between those two. Just because BB might have liked chad as a person doesn't mean he is a good fit for the team. Mistakes can be made and you have till Tue. to trade him.