Cannon added to the rostor, Could he play?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Cannon added to the rostor, Could he play?

Well ladies and gentlemen looks like Cannon is on the rostor, will he play, not sure but I wish he does just so I can see him pancake guys and toss them around.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Re: Cannon added to the rostor, Could he play?

I don't think so. From what I read the Pats had to activate him by 4:00PM today or they wouldn't be able to play him for the rest of the year. I'm sure they want to use when he's ready to go but if he was already ready to go they most likely would have activated him say last week or the week before like they did with Faulk. We can certainly use help with all these injuries so I hope we see him soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm pretty sure if they activated him, he is ready in the next few weeks.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

may be an insurance move given waters got hurt during their last game. they also need some beef up front to open run lanes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Waters, Solder and Volmer have all been dealing with Injury.......

Good to add some quality depth.  I am thinking Volmer may end up on IR.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I expect they will be tyring to get him ready in case someone goes down. Like Solder I also think they might be looking to find packages/plays to use him. Perhaps goal line either an eligible blocker or FB/HB. 350 pounds could come in handy in short yardage especially against the Steelers, Baltimore or Jets.

While he played T in college and is said to be more comfortable there, and while he has good feet for 350 pounds, his film shows feet that I just don't think can keep up with NFL outside rushers. I think any good speed rushers will shoot around him more often than not. I think ultimately he is a better fit at G, especially RG.

I have mostly been happy with Connelly at C but in this last game he left a lot to be desired. Too bad Cannon is not a center. Too big by most standards I think.

I do hope he gets up to speed at guard and I hope and expect he will eventually see some packages with him for short yardage or when we want to pound the D on the ground and control the clock late in games. Where Solder adds really great pass blocking when he is in there I hope Cannon will add really dominant run blocking when he is in there.

I just dont know if he will be in the mix at all as soon as KC but it is worth hoping for.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

When ready he'll be an absolute road grader like he was in college....he'll play guard after waters and be a fixture for 10 years...you watch!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

If he's a returning healthy player for next year who knows the deal and has a few games under his belt, he could turn out to be quite an asset.  Right now, he a great story with lots of promise.  It's logical that he can connect the dots; might have incentive to surpass it all.  (I was a fan when they drafted him; willing to wait a year.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssmilloy36. Show ssmilloy36's posts

GOOD news.  Outside solder we got nothing to show for this draft.