Can't Blame Billy O'Brien for That One . . .

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Can't Blame Billy O'Brien for That One . . .

Nor was run-pass balance the issue in the first half. In fact, they came out and established the run, with 16 running plays versus 13 passing plays through the first 30 minutes. Run was even pretty effective, with Ridley making some nice plays. And a screen or two was mixed in as well. Still, all they had to show for it was 6 points. Say what you want about O'Brien's "predictability"--the Pats offense scored far more points in the first two games last year than they did in the first two games this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re: Can't Blame Billy O'Brien for That One . . .

I still think the O is a work in progress. 

New Coordinator. 

Mostly new line.

New lead running back.

New wide receiver-Lloyd.

They haven't worked out their identity yet.

We really haven't seen Lloyd and Brady  really connect.  So far he hasn't stretched the field like we were hoping.

Vereen is hurt again.  I was looking for him to be the possible wild card when he came in the game. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

We still haven't seen Fells or Shiancoe?  Now AH will be out more than likely for an extended period of time. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

"Can't Blame Billy O'Brien for That One . . ."

You underestimate your fellow posters.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nor was run-pass balance the issue in the first half. In fact, they came out and established the run, with 16 running plays versus 13 passing plays through the first 30 minutes. Run was even pretty effective, with Ridley making some nice plays. And a screen or two was mixed in as well. Still, all they had to show for it was 6 points. Say what you want about O'Brien's "predictability"--the Pats offense scored far more points in the first two games last year than they did in the first two games this year.

[/QUOTE]  Ridley had some nice runs but too many 1 yarders and 3rd and longs and bad protection.   OB purposely went to the shotgun last year to help with that and it often did.

When Hern went down it really hurt as they could have used his blocking.  Appeared, last week that the TE's were what made the run game work, moreso than the line.

For that type of play calling, the O line's gonna have to get a whole lot better.  Or they need some of those TE's back, like pronto.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is ridiculous.   McDaniels is not new.  The O line is fine.  Solder is doing well, the media raves about Mankins, Wendell had an article about him last week with how improved he is, Donald Thomas is an up and coming interior lineman and Vollmer is very good. Cannon played well today again, actually.

Lloyd stretches the field just fine.   We don't need to stretch the field. We need to maintain possession and not have our QB make bad decisions.  Period.

Vereen has nothing to do with Tom Brady today. You BBWs are a joke.  A joke.  Just admit he wasn't that good in this game.

[/QUOTE]

Not defending Brady's play at all but I still think this offense hasn't worked it out yet.

By the way, I was one of the one's to say that I think stretching the field is overrated.  I thought if the Pats could or would run the ball then they wouldn't need to stretch the field.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is ridiculous.   McDaniels is not new.  The O line is fine.  Solder is doing well, the media raves about Mankins, Wendell had an article about him last week with how improved he is, Donald Thomas is an up and coming interior lineman and Vollmer is very good. Cannon played well today again, actually.

Lloyd stretches the field just fine.   We don't need to stretch the field. We need to maintain possession and not have our QB make bad decisions.  Period.

Vereen has nothing to do with Tom Brady today. You BBWs are a joke.  A joke.  Just admit he wasn't that good in this game.

[/QUOTE]

Not defending Brady's play at all but I still think this offense hasn't worked it out yet.

By the way, I was one of the one's to say that I think stretching the field is overrated.  I thought if the Pats could or would run the ball then they wouldn't need to stretch the field.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, I don't think thrown down field just to show your willing to or can is the answer.  I love the old play calling of dink and dunk and wait for the long ball to open up due to a mistake.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow Pro, this is a really poor post. Please note how each drive ended. In order, this is what happened in 1st half....

Drive 1-Brady interception.

Drive 2 and 3 -Brady 4 incompletions to Brandon Lloyd(2 of them deep) in a row.

Drive 4-Then Ridley goes 30 yards on 4 carries in a row.

Drive 5 -Then we run Woody on 3rd and 2 for no gain.

Drive 6 -Then we go back to the Bill obrien offense with shotgun which results in back to back sacks.

Drive 7 -Then we continue to go with Bill obrien shotgun offense even though the game was tied and we get incompletion, Woodhead scamper for 6, and another sack.

If anything we might as well have ran Ridley 15-20 times on the 1st half as he was the only one moving the chains.

1st and 10 at NE 21 T.Brady pass short right intended for A.Hernandez INTERCEPTED by P.Peterson (D.Dockett) at NE 36. P.Peterson to NE 36 for no gain (J.Edelman).     DRIVE TOTALS: ARI 3, NE 0, 1 play, 0 yards, 0:00 elapsed 3rd and 7 at ARI 33 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete deep middle to B.Lloyd. PENALTY on ARZ-Q.Groves, Encroachment, 5 yards, enforced at ARZ 33 - No Play.     3rd and 2 at ARI 28 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete deep left to B.Lloyd.     4th and 2 at ARI 28 S.Gostkowski 46 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-D.Aiken, Holder-Z.Mesko. 2nd and 9 at NE 49 T.Brady pass incomplete deep middle to B.Lloyd.     3rd and 9 at NE 49 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short right to B.Lloyd.     4th and 9 at NE 49 Z.Mesko punts 38 yards to ARZ 13, Center-D.Aiken. P.Peterson ran ob at ARZ 16 for 3 yards. 1st and 10 at ARI 46 (Shotgun) S.Ridley left guard to ARZ 41 for 5 yards (D.Washington).     2nd and 5 at ARI 41 S.Ridley left end to ARZ 29 for 12 yards (A.Wilson).     1st and 10 at ARI 29 S.Ridley up the middle to ARZ 19 for 10 yards (W.Gay).     1st and 10 at ARI 19 S.Ridley left end to ARZ 16 for 3 yards (C.Campbell).     2nd and 7 at ARI 16 T.Brady pass short left to B.Lloyd pushed ob at ARZ 11 for 5 yards (J.Fleming).     3rd and 2 at ARI 11 D.Woodhead left guard to ARZ 11 for no gain (N.Eason). (Field Goal formation) PENALTY on NE-D.Aiken, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at ARZ 10 - No Play.     4th and 7 at ARI 16 S.Gostkowski 34 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-D.Aiken, Holder-Z.Mesko. 1st and 10 at NE 48 T.Brady sacked at NE 38 for -10 yards (S.Acho). (Shotgun) PENALTY on NE-D.Thomas, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at NE 38 - No Play.     2nd and 25 at NE 33 (Shotgun) T.Brady sacked at NE 26 for -7 yards (Q.Groves).     3rd and 32 at NE 26 (Shotgun) D.Woodhead up the middle to NE 31 for 5 yards (C.Campbell).     4th and 27 at NE 31

Z.Mesko punts 40 yards to ARZ 29, Center-D.Aiken, downed byNE-M.Cole.                                                                              

1st and 10 at NE 47 (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete deep left to R.Gronkowski.     2nd and 10 at NE 47 (Shotgun) D.Woodhead right guard to ARZ 47 for 6 yards (C.Campbell; W.Gay).     3rd and 4 at ARI 47 (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady sacked at ARZ 47 for 0 yards (C.Campbell).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Wow, new format really stinks. The drive chart above was an actual chart and not just a bunch of words strung together.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

You cant spot them 10 to begin the game. Lloyd couldnt catch anything, welker had some drops. The O didn't look in sync to me till the 4th qtr. Blaming Ghost for not winning is an excuse, the guy hit a 51 and a 53.   4 of 5 is pretty good average. The 2 point attempt looked pretty sorry to me, a better play could have been called IMO.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to patsfan76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whats happened to the fake high snap, Rb up the gut play. It worked every time! I tend to think most defenses are looking  to cover Gronk in the endzone. How did we go from having so much WR and TE depth to now after Hern. going down, we look like we need help??

Lloyd is doing ok, but he doesnt make our offense any different IMO. So far he is just a little better than Chad just playing all game thats the differencce and Ocho came in only for a few plays. If we are playing Wes over Edleman, something is wrong. Sure Edleman is faster and maybe  2inches taller, but he doesnt run great routes and his hands are suspect compared to Wes. B.B. is not happy w/Wes for whatever reason but they better iron it out cuz Edleman didnt do sqaut vs the Ravens last year. Been a while since the 09' playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

edelman had 2 targets with 1 catch for a 1st down against the ravens last year. If he is going to do anything he would have to be on the field. He wasn't in Bill Obriens offense. He is in McD's offense.

17. This post has been removed.