Cap Offically Up to 130M

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Cap Offically Up to 130M

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/436497530520870912

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Cap Offically Up to 130M

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10487942

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Does this mean we dont have to read Russell blathering on every day that only BB understands the flat cap roster management?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

What does this mean for the Pats, with or without relief for the AH criminal proceedings?  Is there enough to sign their own, e.g., Edelman, Talib, and have some left over for extensions for some?  Of course, reworking VW and others will have implications as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

What it means is the original guesses were the cap would be at 126 tops! My guess was at 128. They have exceeded even my ridiculous guess. everyone seemed to think they wouldn't go past the original cap of 123. What does it mean to the Patriots should be the question. They had a 4.23 million dollar carry over from last year, and they aren't quite at the 123mil number so before they start with any negotiating with guys who are cap killers, they are 11mil approx under the cap. That's not much, but consider the fact they will re-negotiate maybe as many as 10 guys they could wind up being 30 mil under the cap quite easily. Which wouldn't make them unstoppable in Free Agency but it would allow them some serious flexibility.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Does this mean we dont have to read Russell blathering on every day that only BB understands the flat cap roster management?

We wish.......he'll have something to say like his god BB was solely responsible for this, no one else could have done it and he'll be the only one who will take advantage of it

I'd better go to my other machines and comment as Fletcher, Bustify, and Rico since we're all the same person but use multiple computers with multiple names

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

great news for the Pats and every other team. Hopefully this increases chances of Talib returning. Thanks for posting Joe.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

It means every team has another $4 mil to spend. Not sure how significant that is, but it's great news for free agents. The price just went up for top FAs. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Pats will have 20 million in cap room after typical extensions, and cuts, even with 7.5 m in dead $ for the hernandez cut.

We have a 12-4 team with Wilfork, Gronk, Mayo, Volmer, and possibly Tommy Kelly coming back from injury.

We have young players like Jones, Hightower, Collins, Dennard, Ryan,Dobson, Boyce, KT, Ridley, Vareen and Cannon all with another year of experience/confidence.

We are in a great position to improve on what is already a very good roster by bringing either a 1st round DT, or one of many good FA DT's, a physical SS, a young TE, a CB for competetion at the #1or #2 spots, a 3rd or 4rth round center, and some guard depth. Sign Blount for 3 years. If we don't sign Edelman, I would love to get Maclin. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pats will have 20 million in cap room after typical extensions, and cuts, even with 7.5 m in dead $ for the hernandez cut.

We have a 12-4 team with Wilfork, Gronk, Mayo, Volmer, and possibly Tommy Kelly coming back from injury.

We have young players like Jones, Hightower, Collins, Dennard, Ryan,Dobson, Boyce, KT, Ridley, Vareen and Cannon all with another year of experience/confidence.

We are in a great position to improve on what is already a very good roster by bringing either a 1st round DT, or one of many good FA DT's, a physical SS, a young TE, a CB for competetion at the #1or #2 spots, a 3rd or 4rth round center, and some guard depth. Sign Blount for 3 years. If we don't sign Edelman, I would love to get Maclin. 

[/QUOTE]

Great post!!

Unfortunaltely, now Batman will come in and tell us that BB will certainly screw things up, and Robyn will start in with his if TFB will only get with the program nonsense, and this thread will disolve into another hate filled pi$$ing match between those two, Rico, Mel and Bustchise..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I just keep them all on ignore man. Patseng and I passionately disagree on a major topic but have had many long in depth discussions without insulting each others education, intelligence, job status etc.... It's called being an adult. These guys don't quite make the cut.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

So every year when I write...the billionaire owners want to compete and will do what's best for their teams and the league, this is what I mean. The owners just agreed to bump the salary cap up by 4 million, they decided this over expensive scotch and cigars, it probably took them an hour. This is a game for most of these people - a very fun and profitable one - they aren't going to allow a "salary cap hell" to hurt their chances of winning...they make the rules...they change the rules...and one moron around here thinks he understands the salary cap better than the people that actually own the teams. Makes me laugh.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The salary cap is determined by a formula.  Just means the NFL made more money than expected.  Expensive scotch and fancy cigars all around, because revenues were up and owners get more too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It means every team has another $4 mil to spend. Not sure how significant that is, but it's great news for free agents. The price just went up for top FAs. 

[/QUOTE]

This, 

One team gets more cap space it's great for that team and means they can sign more/better players, every team gets the same bump up and FA's become a bit more pricey and allows you to sign a couple more low end depth guys but doesn't really effect ability to get high end talent

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just keep them all on ignore man. Patseng and I passionately disagree on a major topic but have had many long in depth discussions without insulting each others education, intelligence, job status etc.... It's called being an adult. These guys don't quite make the cut.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it's about respect and being an adult. You can have heated discussions with mutal respect that are actually enjoyable. No need for childish name calling

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So every year when I write...the billionaire owners want to compete and will do what's best for their teams and the league, this is what I mean. The owners just agreed to bump the salary cap up by 4 million, they decided this over expensive scotch and cigars, it probably took them an hour. This is a game for most of these people - a very fun and profitable one - they aren't going to allow a "salary cap hell" to hurt their chances of winning...they make the rules...they change the rules...and one moron around here thinks he understands the salary cap better than the people that actually own the teams. Makes me laugh.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

More simpleton commentary from the forum simpleton. Love it.

[/QUOTE]

What I meant to say was..."hey Jerry spent too much again and Kraft has that nasty Hernandez thing going on and lets not forget that Fanene guy. Can you pass me the single barrel? Yeah I just need a little top off here. Where's Rooney? Can somebody get him out of the plastic and roll him out here...I want a Weekend At Bernie's moment with him, I always feel better smoking Cubans next to Rooney. Ok, so Kraft you get a little Hern relief...you going to listen to me when I say don't just take Bill's word on some of these thugs? And Jerry you're still going to have to cut some 40 year old guy you should of never signed in the first place...what you going to do? We all set fellas? Ok let Kraft's lady friend back in and tell her she can bring all her friends."

Salary Cap Hell sure is very scary!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Pats are in pretty good shape.

12-4 with all those injuries?  Think that record was all luck, easy schedule, playing in the AFC East?

This team is close.  When all the restructuring and cuts are done it will be time to add some of those missing pieces to get over the hump.   

Ofcourse they could sign some big names and most everyone will be happy or atleast excited and then POW, a season ending injury in camp and then maybe one two weeks into the season and so on and so on.

The Pats should learn to read the injury red flags and only sign guys that will have a major impact and never get hurt.  What's wrong with their GM?  Why can't he see this?  It's so simple.  Ugh!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Great news, as always the team will be OK. Rollover + new cap number + AH´s money + Cutting Big vince, Sopoaga, Conolly and  re-negotiate mankins + Gregory. = WELCOME SUH AND ALEX MACK !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

More simpleton commentary from the forum simpleton. Love it.

[/QUOTE]

What I meant to say was..."hey Jerry spent too much again and Kraft has that nasty Hernandez thing going on and lets not forget that Fanene guy. Can you pass me the single barrel? Yeah I just need a little top off here. Where's Rooney? Can somebody get him out of the plastic and roll him out here...I want a Weekend At Bernie's moment with him, I always feel better smoking Cubans next to Rooney. Ok, so Kraft you get a little Hern relief...you going to listen to me when I say don't just take Bill's word on some of these thugs? And Jerry you're still going to have to cut some 40 year old guy you should of never signed in the first place...what you going to do? We all set fellas? Ok let Kraft's lady friend back in and tell her she can bring all her friends."

Salary Cap Hell sure is very scary!!

[/QUOTE]

Fanene?

We've never been in cap hell, so it's not scary for us, no. Our team base is all but built as per usual around here, with key players under contract, some young guns emerging, and plenty of cap space to be competitive or bring in some new players.

I'm loving it, as other teams like your Jets or Skins continue to show they don't get it.

As for Fanene, NE got their money back and his not being here has been irrelevant. What is your obsession with a guy who all but retired?

Nice Weekend At Bernie's reference, though, even if you're theoretical chat transcripts between people in such a situation is kinda creepy.

Do you think still think Ozzie should be fired for extending Rice in 2012 after Rice knocked his wife unconscious and will be a felon and go to jail? Should Ozzie have seen that coming?

[/QUOTE]

Well I think Rice should be punished and if evidence comes out that he punched her/harmed her, I think he should be cut. As for Ozzie, if I was the owner I'd ask him if he suspected Rice would do something like this. Ozzie would say, well I don't know, I'm not the coach and I hardly ever spend any time with him...I'm not in that locker room with, I'm not on the plane with him, I'm not in meetings with him, I'm not on the sidelines with him, I don't spend 6 weeks in training camp with him, I don't get to see how he reacts with the other players on the team, I don't get to hear other players on the team warn me about him, I don't talk to other coaches on the team about him, I'm not pushing him through 10 hours of practice every week, Hern never came up to me and told me he was afraid for his life, I don't know how many team rules he's broken, I didn't see how he treated the people who work for Marriott in Miami, I didn't hear he spent his bye week ripping through the clubs of Boston scaring the ever living day lights out of people we consider to be our fans...that's the coach's job, I'm just the GM.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[/QUOTE]

Well I think Rice should be punished and if evidence comes out that he punched her/harmed her, I think he should be cut. As for Ozzie, if I was the owner I'd ask him if he suspected Rice would do something like this. Ozzie would say, well I don't know, I'm not the coach and I hardly ever spend any time with him...I'm not in that locker room with, I'm not on the plane with him, I'm not in meetings with him, I'm not on the sidelines with him, I don't spend 6 weeks in training camp with him, I don't get to see how he reacts with the other players on the team, I don't get to hear other players on the team warn me about him, I don't talk to other coaches on the team about him, I'm not pushing him through 10 hours of practice every week, Hern never came up to me and told me he was afraid for his life, I don't know how many team rules he's broken, I didn't see how he treated the people who work for Marriott in Miami, I didn't hear he spent his bye week ripping through the clubs of Boston scaring the ever living day lights out of people we consider to be our fans...that's the coach's job, I'm just the GM.

[/QUOTE]

Murtl,

Ozzie would say all of that huh?

You are so far gone it really is funny. Now the GM isn't responsible for the players he signs, so Hernandez is BB the coaches fault? I can't keep up with your skewed and exaggerated logic.

The point here is NFL players, a lot of them anyway are from some tough cities and have had some tough upbringings with little to no parental guidance. Then they go to college where they were the "man" and now they are given millions of dollars..a means to live the life they read about in books and magazines(if they read books or magazines) and more likely learn about on television.

Things are going to happen, DUI's, Domestic violence, bar fights, drug purchases, spats with coaches, ownership, and media, arrests for all the above, and in extreme circumstances they are gonna smoke angle dust, get paranoid and at the very least end up in "D-BO's Chicken Coop" or killing somebody.

For anyone to think they could have predicted or prevented this behavior is egotistical and signs of a God Complex. You take chances on guys, you invest in them, give them millions, try and nurture them, develop them into good players and good people. You pay a lot of money for the drafting process, interviews, combines, plane flights, psychological testing and profiles.

You bring a guy in and he does extremely well, picks up the system and is an integral part of your HOF QB's best year, he doesn't make a peep and conforms to the "patriots way" you worked so hard to build, so what do you do? You extend him, make him a part of your core with other great players like Brady, VW, Mankins, Mayo, and Gronk. Then the guy loses it, like so many have, Ray Lewis's, Chris Henry's, Rae Carruths( 1st round pick with "red Flags" who paid a guy to shoot his 8 month pregnant girlfriend while he stopped his car in front of hers to set up the "hit") and the Aaron Hernandez's.

There are probably many more guys with close calls, tied up to friends in bad situations, making bad decisions with the enablement of money to finance them. Suggesting that the GM is responsible or the coach is ignorant at best. There is no magic sign, no "red flags" for murder. 50% of the players in this league have "red flags" and Imo that is a very conservative guess on my part. You sign the guys who can play football, and BB has done a better job then most of bringing in high character guys who policed locker rooms and lead by example.

While fans like us are screaming for the 1st round talent no matter what the issues he stays disciplined and builds "teams" with the depth to watch starter after starter, captain after captain, pro bowler after pro bowler leave, get traded, retire or lost to injury and still maintain a team that is a realistic Super Bowl contender every single year.

The only guy in this league to maintain a dominant team this long. While he loses coach after coach that he developed and went to battle with, won championships with, while his defense regressed as they got old and retired, and is now enduring the decline of his HOF QB, yet is in the midst of 3 afc championship appearances in a row. He has done all this while setting up his franchise to be in great shape going into this year with minimal needs and what will be a ton of cap room on top of 5 great NFL players coming back from missing most of last season....

Spare us the whining. Enjoy what you witness. You will be gone when it is over, so breathe in and out, and watch greatness happen.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

The real winners will be the agents.