Carolina will be a REAL challenge

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Carolina will be a REAL challenge

In response to TFB12's comment:

Why do you spend your life on here?  What is the number? 100 posts of garbage a day here?  Good grief dude, get a life!  Tell us again , Mr. Super fan, why won't you be attending the Patriots vs Panthers game when it is in you own backyard?  Come on, lie to us some more.  Hey, Super fan... have you ever met Mr. Kraft?  I bet most real fans have, have you? Guess what.. this fake fan has.  Hahahaha!  You know you have never played the game before.  You lie about facts to push your pathetic agenda.  You are a fraud Rusty.

You know you are a fraud and a phoney here.  You lie about most everything. 

Come on, it looks like you have a couple people on your side, maybe you can win this.  Step up, put or shut up and accept the challenge.  Don't weasel out of it.  Now is your chance to get rid of me for good on here.  What are you waiting for?

[/QUOTE]

i haven't met Kraft, does that make me a 'fake fan'?

if the pats played in my backyard unless the seats are on the lower bowl 50 yard line sorry I'd rather take my superstitious set up at home with my HD tv and the regular sunday schedule.

does that make me any less of a fan? just wondering. cuz if so i suck.

i dont see myself as a fake fan at all. ima diehard.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

yessss omg this is finally the day where distinguished posters here actually call out tfb for trolling on rusty. i have been saying this all along!!!

tfb is worse then rusty is.

rusty keep it up. i love your passion and call out tfb all u want cause he deserves it.

thanks wazzu, that was amazing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why do you spend your life on here?  What is the number? 100 posts of garbage a day here?  Good grief dude, get a life!  Tell us again , Mr. Super fan, why won't you be attending the Patriots vs Panthers game when it is in you own backyard?  Come on, lie to us some more.  Hey, Super fan... have you ever met Mr. Kraft?  I bet most real fans have, have you? Guess what.. this fake fan has.  Hahahaha!  You know you have never played the game before.  You lie about facts to push your pathetic agenda.  You are a fraud Rusty.

You know you are a fraud and a phoney here.  You lie about most everything. 

Come on, it looks like you have a couple people on your side, maybe you can win this.  Step up, put or shut up and accept the challenge.  Don't weasel out of it.  Now is your chance to get rid of me for good on here.  What are you waiting for?

[/QUOTE]

i haven't met Kraft, does that make me a 'fake fan'?

if the pats played in my backyard unless the seats are on the lower bowl 50 yard line sorry I'd rather take my superstitious set up at home with my HD tv and the regular sunday schedule.

does that make me any less of a fan? just wondering. cuz if so i suck.

i dont see myself as a fake fan at all. ima diehard.

[/QUOTE]

Where are you from?  You can't be a real pats fan if you were not born on the steps of the stadium.  You can't be a real pats fan unless you cheered for them because you parents said you had to when you were running around the house in diapers.  You can not be a real pats fan unless you support every single move the HC makes.  You can't be a real pats fan unless you attended the games in the old bleachers.  You can't be a real pats fan unless you used a relatives season tickets a whole 3 time in your life.

Yeah right!

If you must posses all those claims that rusty makes then yeah, why not throw in the meeting Mr. Kraft!  LMAO!!

But seriously, if the Pats are playing in your backyard and you don't go then you need to check yourself to see if you really are a fan or not, not only of the pats but of football.  And by the way, check your pulse while you are at it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yessss omg this is finally the day where distinguished posters here actually call out tfb for trolling on rusty. i have been saying this all along!!!

tfb is worse then rusty is.

rusty keep it up. i love your passion and call out tfb all u want cause he deserves it.

thanks wazzu, that was amazing.

[/QUOTE]

omg!  Yes!  LMAO!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Where are you from?  You can't be a real pats fan if you were not born on the steps of the stadium.  You can't be a real pats fan unless you cheered for them because you parents said you had to when you were running around the house in diapers.  You can not be a real pats fan unless you support every single move the HC makes.  You can't be a real pats fan unless you attended the games in the old bleachers.  You can't be a real pats fan unless you used a relatives season tickets a whole 3 time in your life.

Yeah right!

If you must posses all those claims that rusty makes then yeah, why not throw in the meeting Mr. Kraft!  LMAO!!

But seriously, if the Pats are playing in your backyard and you don't go then you need to check yourself to see if you really are a fan or not, not only of the pats but of football.  And by the way, check your pulse while you are at it.

[/QUOTE]

i see.. i mean i would rather not pay huge $$ for tickets in the endzone where i cant see jack when i could be watching it in HD. thats my preference. i would only not care where i was sitting if it was Gillette. I'm not getting sh1tty seats to a road game. big screen HD please & thank you

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah right!

[/QUOTE]

i see.. i mean i would rather not pay huge $$ for tickets in the endzone where i cant see jack when i could be watching it in HD. thats my preference. i would only not care where i was sitting if it was Gillette. I'm not getting sh1tty seats to a road game. big screen HD please & thank you

[/QUOTE]

I gotta ask, have you ever been to a live game?  Who cares if the seats are bad.  You are there, live.  DVR it and watch it when you get home, nothing beat being there live.  Are you one of the kids who stays inside and plays video games all day long instead of outside playing sports?  Pass the controller dude, I have to play madden. Hand in your man card, dudette.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah right!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I gotta ask, have you ever been to a live game?  Who cares if the seats are bad.  You are there, live.  DVR it and watch it when you get home, nothing beat being there live.  Are you one of the kids who stays inside and plays video games all day long instead of outside playing sports?  Pass the controller dude, I have to play madden. Hand in your man card, dudette.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've been to like 7 live games and yeah it's been fun but it's nothing close to what a college atmospere has. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I don't get the "if the Pats don't abandon the run" comment? The Pats will run the ball if the OL is opening lanes for positive yards. If the OL is being stuffed all day, and the RB's have no holes, then the Pats, thankfully, will abandon the run to win the game.

If you watch the SF/Panthers tape, the Panthers beat SF playing smash mouth. IMO, there is no way the Pats can beat the Panthers playing physical.

1) Establish the run, which will give TB time to throw

2) The Panthers cannot match up with the Pats TE and 3 WR's assuming TB has time

3) Dont turn the ball over. Make the Panthers go 80 plus yards to score allowing chances for turn overs

4) Score early making the Panthers abandon the run

5) Cam will turn the ball over if throwing. Pressure Cam and put him down when given the chance. He is a very big Qb, but he must be contained in the pocket and forced to throw 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

A shame there's so much wasted space on this thread but I digress.  Keys to a Pats victory in my opinion:

1) Pats O-line play - if they can give Brady enough time the Pats will score;

2) Pats run D - if they can contain (not stop, contain) the Carolina run game and get off the field on 3rd down Pats will be ok.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I have very big concerns with Talib.

I thought SF was the most physical team in the NFL, but the Panthers put that to rest last week. I dont think the Pats can play a physical style with Connolly and Wendell. They are both much better run blockers on the move, not in space. If the Pats are to establish the run, they need to run some trap plays, sweeps, draws and screen passes. Notice against the Steelers on the goal line, the Pats tried to run with them moving. They were still blown up. I am anxious to see both Vereen and Washington on the field. I am thinking Boyce also gets the nod over Thompkins, but that is pure speculation. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[/QUOTE]

Oh Rusty, you are a loser.  You are such a big fan..... will you be attending the Patriots vs Panthers game next week?  They will be playing right by you!  Please tell me you don't have other plans?  What would the chances of that be?  One day out of the entire year? 

I don't think a person can be considered a bandwagon fan when they start following a team prior to them going 5-11, ya big goof!  Nice try though.  Just more false claims by you.  Btw, you are starting to sound like your friend RallyC.  Funny how he got ran out of here for acting like you.  He was called out on all his false claims, like you all his claims ended up being bogus!

I would say that what I have been reading on the forum most are tired of you.  I have never been on a forum where so many members have had such total disgust for a member as most do here for you.  The number of threads people start to bash you is a pure sign that you are not liked here.    Hey, if you would like to conduct a poll to see who people would rather see stay and leave between me and you we can do that.  Just start the thread and let's do it!  I'm sure you would bring out all your many profiles to vote, but they would easily be spotted.  Come on, put your money where your mouth is, pal!! 

You sound like a sad, jealous man. 

[/QUOTE]

Visit the Red Sox site and ask about a guy called 'Softlaw' he is FAR worse than Rusty.

Banned as many times, equally blind to his own arrogance, insecurities and social/personality disorder, but while Rusty hates on TB and a handful of others while being a 'real' fan... Softy hates on 90% of the Red Sox players and couldn't take joy in a World Series b/c all his predictions came wrong and players he smeared came up big.

Rusty would NEVER do that on the way to a Super Bowl victory right?

I agree with you that he is obnoxious, childish, not nearly as right or intelligent as he thinks he is and the board is tired of him.

But.... you did start it in this thread, stalking and finger pointing TFB12 and it wasn't needed. I agree with the majority here who say shut up, stop responding to each other and use the ignore feature.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

This is a big week for Josh and the offense.   Do they come out in the spread and hurry-up?  Does Josh sprinkle in screens to slow the rush?  This game will be a good barometer of how well they can game-plan for an agressive defense that plays well in coverage but also gets after the QB.  This is what we'll see again in the playoffs.

We've seen this before against the NYG and Balt with mixed results.  Carolina's offense doesn't scare me at all.  As long as we can avoid the turnovers, keep TB upright, and don't tip them off by personnel/formation/distance I expect a solid win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't get the "if the Pats don't abandon the run" comment? The Pats will run the ball if the OL is opening lanes for positive yards. If the OL is being stuffed all day, and the RB's have no holes, then the Pats, thankfully, will abandon the run to win the game.

If you watch the SF/Panthers tape, the Panthers beat SF playing smash mouth. IMO, there is no way the Pats can beat the Panthers playing physical.

2) The Panthers cannot match up with the Pats TE and 3 WR's assuming TB has time

3) Dont turn the ball over. Make the Panthers go 80 plus yards to score allowing chances for turn overs

5) Cam will turn the ball over if throwing. Pressure Cam and put him down when given the chance. He is a very big Qb, but he must be contained in the pocket and forced to throw 

[/QUOTE]

But it's WHEN they give up on the run. If they aren't getting some positive yards, do they abandon it by halftime?  My point is, DO NOT do it if the game is close and low scoring.

That's the point.

There have been numerous times where we are up 10-7, down 14-10, up 13-7 at the half, etc, and we simply ignore it in the 2nd half and then we lose.

I can name probably 2 dozen games like this since 2007 when it became more obsessive to pass our way through a good front 7 vs keeping them honest.

Running the ball is an attitude and about playcalling creativity.  It must be done through all 4 qtrs, unless of course it's like the game vs SF last year when you get way behind.

I disagree with this concept that our team isn't physical. I think that is bogus.  We can play smash mouth if we want to.    The key is the "want" part of it.

Agree on setting the edge, bottling Newton and probably seeing a spy on him so he doesn't slither through the line.  Pats are usually VERY good at this kind of a gameplan whether it be Vick, Roethlisberger, etc.

Stick Talib on Smith, Dennard on LaFell and they should be just fine mixing man and zone on Newton to confuse him at some point.  

I also do not feel Carolina's O Line is that great, which people seem to be ignoring.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty.. this is YOUR opinion, which is fine, and as a result, no matter when the Pats "give up the run", it appears you are never satisfied.  So, "in your opinion", if the PASSING game is working like a charm, for the Pats to continue passing is being "obessive", but, when the running game is NOT working, you call it giving up. Isn't the goal of the team to do what is WORKING in order to win?  Hitting ones head against the wall, which is what you appear to want the team to do with the running game, does not have to be the case every week.  Again, the Pats won't win style points in your eyes just about ever!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I thought SF was the most physical team in the NFL, but the Panthers put that to rest last week. I dont think the Pats can play a physical style with Connolly and Wendell. They are both much better run blockers on the move, not in space. If the Pats are to establish the run, they need to run some trap plays, sweeps, draws and screen passes. Notice against the Steelers on the goal line, the Pats tried to run with them moving. They were still blown up. I am anxious to see both Vereen and Washington on the field. I am thinking Boyce also gets the nod over Thompkins, but that is pure speculation. 

[/QUOTE]

What are the "very big concerns"?  

[/QUOTE]

I think he needs surgery on his hip, and the time off he had did not "fix it". I think he tries to go, but can't.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But it's WHEN they give up on the run. If they aren't getting some positive yards, do they abandon it by halftime?  My point is, DO NOT do it if the game is close and low scoring.

That's the point.

There have been numerous times where we are up 10-7, down 14-10, up 13-7 at the half, etc, and we simply ignore it in the 2nd half and then we lose.

I can name probably 2 dozen games like this since 2007 when it became more obsessive to pass our way through a good front 7 vs keeping them honest.

Running the ball is an attitude and about playcalling creativity.  It must be done through all 4 qtrs, unless of course it's like the game vs SF last year when you get way behind.

I disagree with this concept that our team isn't physical. I think that is bogus.  We can play smash mouth if we want to.    The key is the "want" part of it.

Agree on setting the edge, bottling Newton and probably seeing a spy on him so he doesn't slither through the line.  Pats are usually VERY good at this kind of a gameplan whether it be Vick, Roethlisberger, etc.

Stick Talib on Smith, Dennard on LaFell and they should be just fine mixing man and zone on Newton to confuse him at some point.  

I also do not feel Carolina's O Line is that great, which people seem to be ignoring.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty.. this is YOUR opinion, which is fine, and as a result, no matter when the Pats "give up the run", it appears you are never satisfied.  So, "in your opinion", if the PASSING game is working like a charm, for the Pats to continue passing is being "obessive", but, when the running game is NOT working, you call it giving up. Isn't the goal of the team to do what is WORKING in order to win?  Hitting ones head against the wall, which is what you appear to want the team to do with the running game, does not have to be the case every week.  Again, the Pats won't win style points in your eyes just about ever!

[/QUOTE]

There is no debating that McDaniels and Brady are infamous for quickly abandoning the run when it's not a great rushing attack in games, thinking they can score more points quicker by just throwing.

We've lost SBs, playoff games, regular season games in low scoring games that way many times.

This is not debatable anymore. A 3 yard gain on average still works clock and keeps the D honest, which helps your run game and the possibiility of a playaction play to work to perfection, possibly for a drive ending TD.

I have no idea how anyone can debate this element. 

Since 2007. there has been this obsession with chomping at the bit to throw and throw some more in close games against good front 7s and it's backfired EVERY time unless the D has 2 turnovers or more and plays lights out to bail out that failed appoach on offense.

I will wager you or anyone right now on this game with these elements tied into it.  

If Brady throws more than 35 times, we'll lose.   If he throws less than 35 times, we'll win.

Bet?

[/QUOTE]

You know Rusty, unless you are on that sideline and have insight into what McD, BB and TB are thinking, how do you REALLY know what their mindset is in the playcalling?  Every play called by every NFL team in every game has an expectation it will work when executed properly.  I am certain there are games you have seen in which you were blown away by what kept working when you are thinking the team needs to change it up a bit.  I do agree, it is aggravating to see the team go away from things that are working or, worse, yet, keep plugging away at what is not working.

As for the bet... alas I am not a betting person, never have.  The Pats have won games when Brady throws more than 35 times and they have lost games.  Like betting heads or tails.  The ball will bounce as it will and we have seen it plenty across the NFL this season.

I'll leave it this way:  The team is trying to win every single game not to satisfy the fans with "how" they win, but just win the game.  They don't award TDs on style alone!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What are the "very big concerns"?  

[/QUOTE]

I think he needs surgery on his hip, and the time off he had did not "fix it". I think he tries to go, but can't.

[/QUOTE]

What is the evidence?

[/QUOTE]

something you and BB hate...people who are there are talking

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsTxGrl. Show PatsTxGrl's posts

I suspect the Patriots will be a REAL challenge for Carolina as well....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to PatsTxGrl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, they will.  Not enough being said about that, is there? 

On the Charlotte Observer site there are fan comments about the Panthers winning in a blowout while others have said the Pats and Brady will show the Panthers what a REAL offense looks like.  Have yet to see any blowout Pats wins here save for that one post calling for a 21 point Pats win.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsTxGrl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, they will.  Not enough being said about that, is there? 

On the Charlotte Observer site there are fan comments about the Panthers winning in a blowout while others have said the Pats and Brady will show the Panthers what a REAL offense looks like.  Have yet to see any blowout Pats wins here save for that one post calling for a 21 point Pats win.

[/QUOTE]

i think this game will be very competitive. high teens- low 20s scoring

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportswizard1. Show Sportswizard1's posts

Carolina is a darn good team on both sides of the ball, though they are better defensively. Brady will have to go no huddle all night.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

I said this before their win yesterday. They have a strength that we always seem to stuggle with: a very good front seven. its gonna be a huge game for the O-line to keep brady upright and also est. the run game. On D they dont really have any WRs who scare me. Talib isnt needed badly in this one so if he's not 100% dont play him. The test is cam newton and his running. our LBs (#55 & #54) cannot run to save their lives. fletcher can cover ground but is he big enough to handle cam?

Sopoaga needs to play big in this one becuase Deangelo Williams & Co. have a good running attack.

This  game is a great test before Denver to see how good we really are on offense (was the steelers game a one game wonder?) and D (can they overcome injuries?). The Pats have a real tough game on their hands.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Actually, I think they might be a better candidate to hang a loss on the Pats than Denver. They have those two things NE has had trouble with: ball control offense and an interior pass rush/run stoppers. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbangers comment

[/QUOTE]

No, I don;t, but are you taking my bet or not? You seem to be awfully mouthy in my direction, but won't commit to the bet one way or another.

[/QUOTE]

As I said earlier, I do not bet... with that said...  What I commit to is I am a fan of the Pats and know the team does its best to win every game.  That is what I expect.  The wins may not be pretty, the losses ugly and I do not score a hole in one on every tee shot.  That means I am a lousy golfer, huh?

Mouthy?  How about the way you peck away at your keyboard like you are God's gift to knowing everything about how an NFL football game should be played?  It is YOUR your opinion, that's all, and I accept it as yours.  I do not say it is right or wrong.  On the other hand, if the Pats do not play to "your" standards, and if other posters on this board call you out, they are baffoons, Brady is ego driven to pass all the time, McD has not clue to call offensive plays, but, YOU do?! Everyone else is off their rocker with their opinions.  Again, your opinion and from the comfort of your LazyBoy.

OK, so the Pats haven't won a SB in a while, so have a bunch of other teams who have made it to that game.  Appreciate the team we have here.  Yeah, question some plays, their efforts and such, you are entitled, but, don't make it like you know best.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's the point.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is no debating that McDaniels and Brady are infamous for quickly abandoning the run when it's not a great rushing attack in games, thinking they can score more points quicker by just throwing.

We've lost SBs, playoff games, regular season games in low scoring games that way many times.

This is not debatable anymore. A 3 yard gain on average still works clock and keeps the D honest, which helps your run game and the possibiility of a playaction play to work to perfection, possibly for a drive ending TD.

Since 2007. there has been this obsession with chomping at the bit to throw and throw some more in close games against good front 7s and it's backfired EVERY time unless the D has 2 turnovers or more and plays lights out to bail out that failed appoach on offense.

I will wager you or anyone right now on this game with these elements tied into it.  

If Brady throws more than 35 times, we'll lose.   If he throws less than 35 times, we'll win.

Bet?

[/QUOTE]

What a foolish statement.  Brady could throw 24 times going into the 4th quarter and find himself 2 TDs behind because of that awful run D and awful running game.  Suddenly, he's forced to throw 12 times in the fourth, the Pats lose and you come here and say, I told you so.  Carolina has the second best run D in the NFL behind the JETS NUMBER ONE RUN D, would you expect the Pats to run the ball?  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What premise?  Not once do I say you are "wrong" with your opinions.  Just stating my opinion you write yours like no one else knows as much as you.  I may agree with you or I may not.  Many times I do agree with your underlying premise but, the way you put them is quite harsh, like you are a know-it-all.  Just agree to disagree.

As for betting, can't think of betting anything of worth when it comes to being a contributor on this board as I will not stop posting, or acknowledge another poster as being "superior" etc, whatever. This whole board is nothing but opinions, wishes, hopes, desires, slams, boasts, guesses, full of laughs and just fun to be a part of each day supporting the Pats.  That's what I am here for and not to denigrate another poster.

(Sheesh... did I just fall for the trap and went away from the purpose of this discussion?)

I agree, Carolina will be a REAL challenge as the Pats will be a REAL challenge to the Panthers. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's the point.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bet?

[/QUOTE]

What a foolish statement.  Brady could throw 24 times going into the 4th quarter and find himself 2 TDs behind because of that awful run D and awful running game.  Suddenly, he's forced to throw 12 times in the fourth, the Pats lose and you come here and say, I told you so.  Carolina has the second best run D in the NFL behind the JETS NUMBER ONE RUN D, would you expect the Pats to run the ball?  

[/QUOTE]

This has explained repeatedly in the past to no use. Why bother.